X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLRdelight!
    Veteran
    • Jul 2004

Amps

well before i stumbled upon the jaguar i was looking for a new amp. i was looking into buying a fender de ville but not sure if it can handle van halen type of sound. what are amps you guys recomend that are not super expensive
  • Panamark
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

A POD with anything

Thats one solution...

Other than that..

****************MARSHALL**************************
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• kentuckyklira
      Veteran
      • Sep 2004

Re: Amps

Originally posted by DLRdelight!
      well before i stumbled upon the jaguar i was looking for a new amp. i was looking into buying a fender de ville but not sure if it can handle van halen type of sound. what are amps you guys recomend that are not super expensive
      Laneys will do the job.

Or get a used Peavey Classic 50 or 60/60 power amp and check out a few tube preamps.
      http://images.zeit.de/gesellschaft/z...ie-540x304.jpg

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

A friend of mine just picked up a Line6 100w amp...it screams and because its a modeling amp...the possibilities are endless.
        http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
        http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Yeah dude, a modeling amp would probably be your best bet to dial in a particular sound...

I use tupe pre-amps and Marshals, but I've spent years and thousands of dollars...

Comment

• Matt White
            • Jun 2004

Yup...you have to shop around to find what sounds best to YOU....

Tons of modeling amps out there that will give you a bunch of options......

It's all about your budget......

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

I recently saw a cover band in the French Quarter in New Orleans and both guitarists, who were both very good, had the same Line 6 combo amps and both did a good job switching from sound to sound...

Comment

• DLRdelight!
                Veteran
                • Jul 2004

alright thanks i shall check some out

Comment

• DeadOrAlive
                  Veteran
                  • Jul 2004

Line 6 never seems to fail me. I love everything they have to offer at a good price.

Comment

• kentuckyklira
                    Veteran
                    • Sep 2004

Modellers may sound nice at first. But I have yet to encounter a modeller that´ll sound like a good tube amp through a wall of 4x12 cabs!

That said, they´ll certainly do the job in terms of practicing at home or first band experience!
                    http://images.zeit.de/gesellschaft/z...ie-540x304.jpg

Comment

• Last_Child
                      Commando
                      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by DeadOrAlive
                      Line 6 never seems to fail me. I love everything they have to offer at a good price.
                      I did as well, but that was until it started with a hizzing sound under the sustain.

Fucking annoying.
                      And my gain seems to be quite away.

To get a nice 70' sound I have to be on 5. I used to almost the same sound on 7.

Apart from that it's nice.
                      "With a rate of fire of over 20 rounds per second, the IMI Micro Uzi is almost as fast as Yngwie Malmsteen, and 25.4 times more musical"

Worst of all... It's true..

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

My practice amp is a Sovtek Midget 50H and a Marshall 2x12. This amp works well with Strat single coils, Gibson humbuckers, and Peavey Wolfgang pickups.

The clean channel sounds excellent! The high gain channel is a cross between a JCM 800 and a 5150 in a way. Wolfgangs sound great through it and so does everything else. Strats sound like SRV and push them with a good peddle you can get close to humbucking tones. No kidding!

This setup is louder than shit! but it also sound goods at ultra low levels too. You could gig with it but you still can play late at night and not piss people off having the master volume barely on.

Sovteks are hit and miss quality wise because they are made in Russia. Mine has sepparate pots on all the knobs that are very high quality and the thing is built like a tank and wired well. They come up for sale on Ebay all the time.
                        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Moddlers are digital so that means the sound is cut up into bianary code. What I have found is if you run them into a tube power amp the inneficient nature of tubes fixes the choppiness and coldness of the digital sound from the moddeling.

You can run your POD or other digital moddling device into the effects return on a tube amp and run some big 4x12's that way and the sound might amaze you.
                          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...