PDA

View Full Version : Holy Krap! Farrah Fawcett: I DO Have the Big C

Hardrock69
10-09-2006, 03:12 PM
Cancer victim Farrah Fawcett has vowed to beat the disease with a full recovery.

The former Charlie's Angels star, 59, confirmed speculation earlier this week she has been diagnosed with cancer and is currently undergoing radiation treatment.

Unconfirmed reports suggest it affects the intestine.

But the brave actress is convinced her optimism will see her through the difficult times ahead.

She says, "I am determined to bite the bullet and fight the fight while going through the next six weeks of cutting edge, state-of-the-art treatment.

"I should be able to return to my life as it was before.

"I deeply believe in one's own positive will to overcome even the most daunting challenges."

Fawcett's devastating diagnosis came after the star's appearance on August 27th at the Emmy Awards, where she was reunited with former co-stars Jaclyn Smith and Kate Jackson during a tribute to TV producing legend Aaron Spelling.

http://www.fox6.com/entertainment/story.aspx?content_id=83C336D6-E9C7-49A5-94A0-6EB3AF65F11A&rss=tick

Ally_Kat
10-09-2006, 05:01 PM
Optimism and positivity plays a huge role. If you set strong in your mind that you can pull thru it, your body will most of the time will fight it.

Bob_R
10-09-2006, 09:50 PM
She'll pull through. After all, she's an Angel.

binnie
10-10-2006, 03:25 AM
One of the best lookers of all time - hope she gets well....

Hardrock69
10-10-2006, 10:46 AM
http://www.celebrity-zone.com/photos/farrah-fawcett-9.jpg

Baby's On Fire
10-10-2006, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
Optimism and positivity plays a huge role. If you set strong in your mind that you can pull thru it, your body will most of the time will fight it.

No it won't. The only cure for cancer is nutrition.

Drugs and chemotherapy only work to make drug companies rich.

Jérôme Frenchise
10-10-2006, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69

Hardrock, I can understand the whys of the hair on bottom left. ;)

:p :D

ELVIS
10-10-2006, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Baby's On Fire

Who told you that ??

Va Beach VH Fan
10-10-2006, 08:41 PM
Too bad..

She was recently on the Shatner roast on Comedy Central....

Still a gorgeous woman at 59 years old...

Bob_R
10-10-2006, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69

Excellent pic. :sex:

Too bad that www.movieman.com website is dead.

Ally_Kat
10-10-2006, 10:35 PM

Optimism and positivity IS a huge deal no matter what treatment you are using in the battle. If you keep a positive outlook that you can overcome this, that this isn't it, or that you are not a goner -- and you keep it strong within you -- you will pull through some amazing shit. But it all depends if your positivity keeps your will to win and live strong.

It's when you give up hope, when you give up emotionally, that your body starts slipping even faster than it may be, when it stops fighting as hard as it may be.

And don't fucking tell me it doesn't because you don't know what I've seen and been thru.

Seshmeister
10-10-2006, 10:48 PM
You hear a lot of people say that but you never hear the reverse.

Everyone that dies of cancer which is what 30% of the population just didn't fight hard enough? They didn't give a fuck. They just were fucking lazy COWARDLY cunts...

Ally_Kat
10-10-2006, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
You hear a lot of people say that but you never hear the reverse.

Everyone that dies of cancer which is what 30% of the population just didn't fight hard enough? They didn't give a fuck. They just were fucking lazy COWARDLY cunts...

Yeah, because that's what I fucking said :rolleyes: Because I'm calling my dad who just died a "fucking lazy COWARDLY cunt"

Not everyone is going to beat cancer. It's a vicious disease. Some treatments are even harsher. But a huge thing for cancer patients is keeping a good outlook.

You know what had him coming back time after time when the docs would whisper to us that he wouldn't make it? You know what had him holding on a year after he was suppose to be gone? He had the strongest outlook that he would get better. It wasn't til a doc he was transfered to with the attitude you guys are having told him and broke his spirit that he had cancer and he'd die and he needs to just accept it and get it over with. His kidneys shut down later that evening. And before that, you could see he gave up.

Almost everyone in my family is getting cancer. I've accepted it as my possible future. And I know that if it shall come ot my door, I will not let it defeat my spirit, because no matter what, your mind and your attitude play a huge part in your recovery.

But yeah, shit on that. Not like I would know, right? I'm fucking tired of you cuntbags.

Seshmeister
10-10-2006, 11:15 PM
I don't know whether you would know one way or the other.

Most people have some contact with cancer through their family.

I just think it's a tiresome mildy offensive speil that gets trotted out every time someone gets cancer especially someone in the public eye.

By implication when you get all the key words like brave, fight, optimism and positive attitude then it implies that the people that die were cowardly, didn't fight. were pessimistic and negative.

In actuality of course it's all about the particular cancer, how early it was caught and the medical treatment administered.

Ally_Kat
10-10-2006, 11:18 PM

I just think it's a tiresome mildy offensive speil that gets trotted out every time someone gets cancer especially someone in the public eye.

By implication when you get all the key words like brave, fight, optimism and positive attitude then it implies that the people that die were cowardly, didn't fight. were pessimistic and negative.

Spend the time I did in a cancer ward. You'll change that attitude.

ELVIS
10-11-2006, 12:39 AM
I dunno Sesh...

Seems that 90% of the bullshit you spew lately is "pessimistic and negative"...

Just a thought...

MAPRamone
10-11-2006, 01:39 AM

Not everyone is going to beat cancer. It's a vicious disease. Some treatments are even harsher. But a huge thing for cancer patients is keeping a good outlook.

Millions of people die of cancer every year but millions of people also GET BETTER! The chemotherapy, surgery and rariation therapy cure tons of people every year, but they're harsh treatments and a positive outlook is a HUGE factor in beating cancer and dealing with the side effects of the treatments. Even if you have a positive outlook and get the treatments there's no guarantee of survival. But if a person starts to think of him/herself as a walking corpse after a cancer diagnosis the chances of recovery just took a dive. Some cancers are so advanced and so aggressive that there truly is no chance of recovery. But keeping a positive outlook will also help make the final days/weeks/months more tolerable. It's a sign of professional palliative skill if a doctor can help a terminal patient do this. Truly sorry about your father. It's a terrible thing to have to go through.

Hardrock69
10-11-2006, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
Hardrock, I can understand the whys of the hair on bottom left. ;)

:p :D

Haha....I did not scan that. It is linked from another website.

On a more serious note:

Cat's Claw (Uncaria Tomentosa)

Uncaria Tomentosa ("Cat's Claw"); Wonder Herb from the Amazon
by Philip N. Steinberg, CV

In July of 1993 1 received a very interesting telephone call. A gentleman from Florida was calling to inquire as to my knowledge of a medicinal herb from Peru, scientifically known as Uncaria tomentosa, or more commonly in English as "Cat's Claw." When I replied that I had never heard of the herb, he proceeded to tell me about a doctor in Austria who developed a pharmaceutical from an extract of this mystery plant and was successfully using it. He told me that, as a missionary pilot he had many occasions to fly in and out of the Peruvian Amazon. Because of these travels he became aware of Uncaria tomentosa's long history of use as a traditional medicine by the Ashaninka Indians.

Having been involved in the ongoing study and promotion of natural products and alternative therapies for over 20 years, I immediately became interested and intrigued by what this gentleman had to say. As our conversation ended, I told him that I would do some investigating to find out if the herb was being imported into the United States. I began by calling over 25 bulk herb suppliers. To my surprise, not one of them had ever heard of Uncaria tomentosa or Cat's Claw. Even more surprising was the fact that none of them could find any mention of the herb in their reference books.

Finally, one company which sold packaged herb teas suggested that I contact Dr. Brent Davis, who they believed was working with herbs from the Peruvian rain forests. Bingo! Dr. Davis not only knew of Cat's Claw, but had been working with it since 1988, and had written an excellent article describing his experiences.

In the article, Dr. Davis refers to Uncaria tomentosa as "the opener of the way" because of its remarkable ability to cleanse the entire intestinal tract and help patients suffering from many different stomach and bowel disorders including Crohn's disease, diverticulitis, leaky bowel syndrome, colitis, hemorrhoids, fistulas, gastritis, ulcers, parasites and intestinal flora imbalance.

After reading Dr. Davis' article I became even met everything I could about this remarkable plant. I spent several days at the University of Wisconsin searching through their "med-line" database for any information I could find. From this and several other sources, I was able to come up with over 20 different references and articles about Uncaria tomentosa and another Uncaria species known as Uncaria guianensis. Here is what I found:

Uncaria tomentosa and Uncaria guianensis are both commonly known as Uila de Gato in Spanish and "Cats Claw" in English. Both are woody vines that grow over one hundred feet in length as they attach and wind their way up through the trees of the Peruvian rain forests. For hundreds Of Years the native Indian tribes have used the inner bark and root to prepare a medicinal tea ill the form of a decoction. According to Indian folklore the tea has also been used for tumors and other serious diseases. Through both species have similar properties, the general consensus is, that Uncaria tomentosa is somewhat more valuable based on clinical evaluation and the experience of Peruvian physicians

Beginning in the 1970s and continuing through today, studies have been conducted at research facilities in Peru, Austria, Germany, England, Hungary and Italy suggesting that Uncaria tomentosa may be beneficial in the treatment of cancer, arthritis, bursitis, allergies, ulcers, systematic candidiasis, diabetes, lupus, chronic fatigue syndrome, Premenstrual syndrome, irregularities of the female cycle, numerous bowel and intestinal disorders and organic depression.

Back in 1988, an international congress was held on traditional medicines in Lima, Peru, where Uncaria tomentosa and other herbs were reported to treat 14 types of accurately diagnosed cancer in 700 patients between 1984 and 1988.

In working with approximately 150 patients from 1989 to 1992, Dr. Davis concluded that Uncaria tomentosa has the ability to break through severe intestinal derangements that no other available products can touch.

Recently I had the opportunity to speak with Dr. Satya Ambrose, co-founder of the Oregon College of Oriental Medicine. In just a few months of working with the bark of Uncaria tomentosa in capsule form, she has seen excellent results with Crohn's disease, ulcers, fibromyalgia and asthma.

The most exciting research, however, has come from Austria where Klaus Keplinger, the scientist and doctor first mentioned to me by my caller from Florida, has obtained two United States patents for isolating some of the herb's major components. In these patents issued in July of 1999 and July of 1990, it is explained how Dr. Keplinger extracted six oxindole alkaloids which have been shown in laboratory testing to have a pronounced enhancement effect on phagocytosis (the ability of the white blood cells and macrophages to attack, engulf and digest harmful microorganisms, foreign matter and debris). These four alkaloids are known as isopteropodine, pteropodine, isomitraphylline and isorynchophylline.

Rynchophylline, a fifth alkaloid also found in Uncaria tomentosa and another Uncaria species native to the Far East, has been studied at the Shanghai College of Traditional Chinese Medicine. This alkaloid has been shown in laboratory testing to display an ability to inhibit platelet aggregation and thrombosis. This suggests that the alkaloid may be useful in the prevention of stroke and reducing the risk of heart attack by lowering blood pressure, increasing circulation, inhibiting the formation of plaque on the arterial walls and the formation of blood clots in the vessels of the brain, heart and arteries.

On November 28, 1988 and June 17, 1993, articles about in Uncaria tomentosa appeared in El Comercia, the major metropolitan newspaper in Lima, Peru. The first article stated that Uncaria tomentosa had been proven effective in the treatment of allergies and neurobronchitis. The article then went on to talk about Dr. Keplinger's success in using Uncaria tomeiitosa to treat genital herpes zoster According to the article, he was not able to help two of these patients. However, the well-being of the other five improved to such an extent that their symptoms disappeared.

Besides containing oxindole alkaloids, Peruvian and Italian researchers have discovered a wealth of other beneficial phytochemicals inherent in the herb, including proanthocyanidins, polyphenols, triterpines, and the plant sterols beta- sitasterol, stigmasteral and carnpesterol. The presence of these additional compounds might further explain the antioxidant, antimicrobial, antitumor and anti-inflammatory properties attributed to this herb.

According to Cats Claw Quarterly published in the summer of 1989, Dr. Richard Gerber, author of the best selling book Vibrational Medicine, has spoken quite favorably about Uncaria tomentosa. Here is what he has to say: "Cat's Claw is a unique herbal remedy that has been used for many years by native eaters of Peru. The herb shows great promise for the treatment of arthritis when taken internally, either by making a tea or taking capsules of the herb. European research has found that the herb has very low toxicity even in large amounts. It may be especially benefizial for individuals with painful joints who cannot take conventional radiation and chemotherapy to minimize nausea and other side effects associated with cancer treatments."

In the words of Dr. Brent Davis, "Uncaria tomentosa is a world-class herb which has the power to arrest and reverse deep-seated pathology, allowing a more rapid return to health in the context of concomitant Applied Kinesiology therapies."

http://www.immunesupport.com/news/95sum004.htm

Actual Info (http://www.uspharmacist.com/oldformat.asp?url=newlook/files/Feat/CatsClaw.htm&pub_id=8&article_id=844)

MORE Actual Info (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Search&db=PubMed&term=Cat%27s+Claw+Uncaria+Tomentosa&tool=QuerySuggestion)

HR69 Note: Everyone is different.
However, this stuff works for me. I once came down with a sudden case of the flu, and by the time I was bedridden (and stumbling to the bathroom to barf occasionally), I took some of this, and within an hour I felt like a million bucks.

Sure it will not work for everyone, but back in the late 90s my then-fiancee had Crohn's Disease. It was really bad at times. She began a regular regimen of Cat's Claw, and these days she is cured.

Just some info for you guys.
Knowledge helps in the fight against serious illnesses, just as positive attitude and determination does.

Do you honestly think the pharmaceutical companies would EVER sell a product that would cure everything?

It would put them out of business!

Fucking bastards!
:mad:

sadaist
10-11-2006, 04:14 PM

Nutrition can help prevent some cancers, and help you to have a healthier body to be able to fight cancer if you get it.

But Chemo works. If you are an unhealthy slug going in, the Chemo will wipe your ass out. If you live a healthier lifestyle, you can handle the effects better.

MAPRamone
10-12-2006, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by sadaist
Nutrition can help prevent some cancers, and help you to have a healthier body to be able to fight cancer if you get it.

But Chemo works. If you are an unhealthy slug going in, the Chemo will wipe your ass out. If you live a healthier lifestyle, you can handle the effects better.

Exactly! If chemo din't work all the people getting chemo for their cancer would die and none would be cured, but that's simply not true. You're absolutely right that proper nutrition can help lower your cancer risk. Same with being a non-smoker. Another important thing is fitness level. A finnish Montreal Canadiens hockey player Saku Koivu was diagnosed with cancer a couple of years ago and was eventually cured. I recall reading in the press that the doctor treating him had told him that it would not have been possible to pull of the aggressive treatments required i he hadn't been an athlete. If he hadn't been fit, his body simply would not have been able to take it.

DavidLeeNatra
10-12-2006, 05:35 AM
Yeah, because that's what I fucking said :rolleyes: Because I'm calling my dad who just died a "fucking lazy COWARDLY cunt"

You know what had him coming back time after time when the docs would whisper to us that he wouldn't make it? You know what had him holding on a year after he was suppose to be gone? He had the strongest outlook that he would get better. It wasn't til a doc he was transfered to with the attitude you guys are having told him and broke his spirit that he had cancer and he'd die and he needs to just accept it and get it over with. His kidneys shut down later that evening. And before that, you could see he gave up.

Almost everyone in my family is getting cancer. I've accepted it as my possible future. And I know that if it shall come ot my door, I will not let it defeat my spirit, because no matter what, your mind and your attitude play a huge part in your recovery.

But yeah, shit on that. Not like I would know, right? I'm fucking tired of you cuntbags.

it's not if you win or lose...it's how good you look...I know what you are talking about, ally

Baby's On Fire
10-12-2006, 06:53 PM
I don't know whether you would know one way or the other.

Most people have some contact with cancer through their family.

In actuality of course it's all about the particular cancer, how early it was caught and the medical treatment administered.

There is no medical treatment. This is what you dumb fucks don't understand. The ONLY cure for cancer is in nutrition.

But the drug companies don't want you to know that.

NO ONE gets cancer...they develop it through lifestyle, poor nutrtion, and environmental toxins.

Cancers did not exist pre-industrial age....and by the way cancver in wild animals DOES NOT OCCUR.

Seshmeister
10-12-2006, 09:31 PM
Bullshit.

Go read a book or something...