PDA

View Full Version : Stupid laws....

Ellyllions
10-11-2006, 12:06 PM
Here's a fun idea...just to educate ourselves and each other let's post some of the dumbest shit laws that are still enforceable in our states and even on the federal level.

I'm not a stickler for proof like the mods are so if you just know of one or two but can't remember where you read it, that's fine for posting as far as I'm concerned.

And I know a few of you will make light of all of this, and that's ok too. It's good to have a laugh at things so stupid. Some will be controversial though....and therein lies the real fun.

Victimless crimes:
I think laws that prohibit or punish victimless crimes are a waste of taxpayers money.

Suicide: Punishable by law and why?
Prostituion: Why is this illegal?

It is illegal in one Midwestern state to transport a whale across state lines in a train boxcar. Yes it happened once, and yes the train derailed.

It is illegal in another MidWestern state to take a cow up in a hot air balloon. Yes it did happen once, and yes the cow got spooked and jumped out landing on a circus tent full of people.

It is still illegal in Kentucky not to bathe at least once a month. NO JOKE (unless they've removed it in the last 2 years)

It is illegal not to have working windshield wipers in Tennessee but it's not illegal to not have a windshield. (Huh?)

It is still illegal to spit on the sidewalks in many cities across the country.