PDA

View Full Version : Fulltone ocd Pedal

DLRdelight!
10-11-2006, 02:59 PM
well my guitar teacher owns two of these pedals and they are pretty interesting. from what i understand the pedal is supposed to give your amp that old marshall type of amp sound. sounds great when you run distorion pedals with it. pretty pricy though

ELVIS
10-11-2006, 05:24 PM
Neva hoid of it...

Will find out though, give me a bit...;)

ELVIS
10-11-2006, 05:33 PM
This ??

http://www.fulltone.com/images/OCD_slide.gif

*AMPS....if you've ever owned a GREAT amp, like a Marshall 18 watt, a VOX AC15, a Marshall JTM45 and if you have a place where you can crank them up loud, then you know what I'm talking about...

Smack a power chord and you (not only) hear the fundamental notes...but you get (count 'em) 4, 5, even 6 additional overtones ringing into a feedback... notes that you can whistle if your ear is good enough! Think; Zep's "Ocean," "Custard Pie," Classic tones including James Gang, the Beatles, AC/DC, FREE., etc.

Back off the guitar's volume and there are a dozen great other sounds at your fingertips... Clean, spanky sounds, with all the highs and lows still intact. And a Tele still sounds like a Tele, a Les Paul like a Les Paul.

PEDALS (until now) just can't hold a candle to what a good amp can do if you are really picky. You not only lose all the touch sensitivity, but forget about those complex Harmonics. (For me) It's always been somewhat of a compromise using Overdrive pedals... until now. Ladies and Gentleman, I am proud to introduce the Fulltone OCD. I made this pedal for me, but I think you might like it too.

Mike

Hmmm...

:elvis:

ELVIS
10-11-2006, 05:43 PM
I see that three of them recently sold on ebay for $135...

Not bad for a handmade in USA pedal...

I just might get one when I get an Epiphone Valve Jr...;)

kentuckyklira
10-11-2006, 06:46 PM
They´re OK. If you ever need experts for BOOtique pedals, go here,

www.musictoyz.com and go to the forum. You´ll find a few OCD owners who´ll be able to tell you tons of stuff about it.

DLRdelight!
10-11-2006, 07:44 PM
yeah thats the pedal elvis. im thinking of getting on as well but in time. right now im focused on the guitar

ELVIS
10-11-2006, 08:22 PM
Seems to me that this pedal might very well transform a sterile distortion pedal into something that reacts just as a good tube amp should...

Put in front of a tube amp large or small, all the better...

I'm just guessing, but it's a fairly edcuated guess...

:elvis:

DeadOrAlive
10-11-2006, 10:06 PM
Sounds interesting... I'd like to check it out. HELLO GUITAR CENTER!! I'll get to tweak with it and try it with some other stuff.

ELVIS
10-11-2006, 10:10 PM
Well, report back to us...

DLRdelight!
10-11-2006, 11:09 PM
well at the guitar center by where i live they dont carry that pedal so hopefully DOA has a better chance