PDA

View Full Version : Through The Wire

WARF
10-12-2006, 04:32 PM
I'm gonna start off with rating this years smart and stupid NFL waiver wire pickup and drops.

Smart-

Sept 13- Jericho Cotchery added (Phi Slamma Flamma)
Ranked 11th overall, may slip a bit down the stretch. Great Pickup for Flamma who didn't lose anyone.)

Jungle Studs- Dropped Grammatica, added Gould
I normally wouldn't talk about kickers, but Gould has been the best fantasy kicker this year so far... let's see how the wind and snow fairs on Gould come December.

Furnace- Dropped Morency, added Ron Dayne
Not really a wowzer move here, but Dayne is the starter for the Texans.

Jungle Studs - Dropped Mark Bradley (who?) added Mike Furrey.
Another great move on the same day. Furrey has been a top 20 reciever this year, and a great compliment to Roy Williams. Look for Furrey to play great this week 6, starting in place of Roy Williams.

Sept 14- WARF - Dropped Lindell, added Carney
With Neil Rackers not gettin' the opportunities in Arizona, I turned in Lindell for the 42 year old Carney... who is ranked 3rd overall.

Sept 20- Blastfurnace - Added Berrian
One of the best wire pickups this year... as we all know Berrian has been the best fantasy sleeper WR of this year... emergin' from nowhere in the first real Chicago Vertical game in years.

Bulls - Dropped Chris Simms, Added Rex Grossman
Simms is out for the year, Grossman on the other hand is the best fantasy sleeper QB this year. This was an excellent move... which seemed mediocre at the time.

Panthers - Dropped Koren Robinson, Added Reggie Williams.
It may be to early to tell... but Williams has looked solid this season. Matt Jones will send him back to #2 when he is healthy... but still a good pickup.

D's Egg Sandwich - Dropped Kevin Curtis, Added Lee Evans.
This was a no brainer... good move.

Sept 27 -WARF - Dropped Henderson, Added Greg Jennings.
This is the R.O.Y. so far my opinion... ranked 6th overall... and a possible keeper if he continues to explode. I traded him today for Donte Stallworth... so basically I turned Davery Henderson into Donte Stallworth... not bad.

Sept 28- WARF - Dropped Barlow, added Washington
Looks like Washington has emerged as the featured back... but a little too early to tell if it will hold for the season. Barlow will steal goalline carries.

POJO_Risin
10-12-2006, 04:55 PM
You probably didn't add my best free agent pick up of the year...if not better than the Berrian pickup...than close...

Guitar Shark
10-12-2006, 05:13 PM
My pickup of Colston off the waiver wire was a good one too.

POJO_Risin
10-12-2006, 05:18 PM
No doubt about it...

Right now it looks brilliant. Does he still have TE eligibility?

Guitar Shark
10-12-2006, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Does he still have TE eligibility?

Yup, TE/WR.

POJO_Risin
10-12-2006, 05:27 PM
That's what makes him so great...he's not even playing the TE role anymore...and gives you a #1 WR as a TE...

kicking myself for not picking him up...

Guitar Shark
10-12-2006, 05:30 PM
Speaking of which, let me know if anyone is interested in trading for Cooley.

POJO_Risin
10-12-2006, 05:35 PM
I'm interested in Cooley...absolutely...