PDA

View Full Version : Yet another murdering mom

Little Texan
10-12-2006, 09:04 PM
S.C. Mom Charged With Killing Twin Boys

By BRUCE SMITH

MONCKS CORNER, S.C. Oct 11, 2006 (AP)— A mother told police she smothered her twin 9-month-old boys because they were crying in her bed and then she went back to sleep, authorities said Wednesday.

Sheriff's investigators responded to a call from a relative who lived in the home, where one of the infants was found on the floor and the other on a bed. The children's mother, Lakeia Nicole White, 20, was not at home.

Sheriff Wayne DeWitt said White was taken in for questioning when she arrived later Wednesday.

It appeared Davion and Trevon Wilson had been asphyxiated but authorities were awaiting autopsy results, officials said.

"There were no bruise marks anywhere on any of the children or anything that showed any kind of neglect," Berkeley County Coroner Glenn Rhoad said. "They were well dressed and well cared for."

White was charged with homicide by child abuse, the sheriff said. White waived a bond hearing scheduled for Wednesday evening. Her attorney Steve Davis could not be reached for comment.

The Rev. Willis Goodwin of Centenary United Methodist Church, speaking on behalf of the family, said he baptized the twins two weeks ago.

"She was a very, very quiet and orderly girl," Goodwin said of White. He referred to the twins as "beautiful kids little angels."

Moncks Corner is about 30 miles north of Charleston.

Link (http://abcnews.go.com/US/LegalCenter/wireStory?id=2556753)

Matt White
10-12-2006, 10:26 PM
Mental illness

Dr. Love
10-12-2006, 10:56 PM
Raistlin, nice.

I was having a conversation with a friend about why this seems to be a 'recent occurance' along with teen pregnancy, etc. My contention is that this shit has always been going on, it was just easier to hide it 150 years ago. You could always say they went to live with distant relatives or went off to school somewhere or some BS.

That's my guess anyway.

Matt White
10-12-2006, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
Raistlin, nice.

I was having a conversation with a friend about why this seems to be a 'recent occurance' along with teen pregnancy, etc. My contention is that this shit has always been going on, it was just easier to hide it 150 years ago. You could always say they went to live with distant relatives or went off to school somewhere or some BS.

That's my guess anyway.

I agree Doc......1000%

binnie
10-13-2006, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by Matt White
I agree Doc......1000%

Yep.

Many historians would agree: infanticide was a real worry in the 16th, 17th and 18th centuries: when illegimaticy was a real stigma, such occurence were quite common.

The difference is, that they might have been acting quite rationally to avoid social outcasting and becoming a vitual leper (not always obviously) whereas this women could have been ill...