PDA

View Full Version : NEW KISS Alive IV, unreleased in box set

indeedido
10-13-2006, 10:52 AM
Well it's October, so the KISS machine is gearing up. Not only does Paul Stanley have a solo album coming out, another KISS greatest hits coming out, and an actually cool DVD set of '70's concerts, BUT to add to it a box set of Alive!, Alive II and Alive III PLUS the unreleased real Alive IV from the millenium show in 99-00. Not the crap symphony.

Now I'm a long time KISS fan, I would buy that alive IV alone. But stop fucking me into buying this other shit I already have. Just when you think they can't fleece the fans any more, guess what. They can. The vaults are very deep.

KISSONLINE EXCLUSIVE:

KISS ALIVE!!! 1975-2000 - For the first time, KLASSIC KISS FEATURES ALIVE I, ALIVE II AND ALIVE III. And, the NEVER BEFORE ISSUED MILLENIUM CONCERT 1999-2000

KISS’s Alive series represents some of the best live rock recordings ever made. Now all three of those classic albums plus a legendary but previously unreleased performance--the Millennium Concert from New Year’s Eve 1999/2000--come together in the ultimate KISS live box set, the four-CD KISS ALIVE! 1975-2000 (Mercury/UMe), released November 21, 2006.

KISS ALIVE! 1975-2000 includes newly remastered versions of Alive! (1975), Alive II (1977) and Alive III (1993)--all of which charted Top 10--as well as KISS ALIVE: The Millennium Concert (2000), whose tracks have never appeared on CD except for its “Rock And Roll All Nite.”

Fans have waited for the Millennium Concert recording for several years. On December 31, 1999 the reunited KISS, with the original lineup, played BC Place Stadium in Vancouver, Canada to ring in the new millennium before a crowd of 45,000. The career-spanning concert was originally intended to be Alive IV but the KISS+orchestra KISS Symphony: Alive IV appeared in 2003. Meanwhile the Vancouver concert took on mythic status. KISS ALIVE! 1975-2000 finally fills in that gap in KISStory.

Back to the beginning, just two-and-a-half years after the first concert by bassist Gene Simmons, guitarists Paul Stanley and Ace Frehley, and drummer Peter Criss, KISS issued Alive! in 1975. The album won the band its first gold award and first Top 40 hit, the live “Rock And Roll All Nite.” The album also included such quintessential KISS as “Deuce,” “Strutter,” “Hotter Than Hell,” “Black Diamond” and “Cold Gin.”

In 1977, KISSteria was in full effect for the band’s three-night stand in August at the Forum in Los Angeles recorded for Alive II. The double platinum set contained three live sides in addition to a fourth side of new studio recordings.

Among its anthems were “Detroit Rock City,” “Love Gun,” “Calling Dr.Love,” “Christine Sixteen” and “Rockin’ In The USA” as well as the ballad “Beth.” Alive III, came in 1993. The gold album boasted “I Was Made For Lovin’ You,” “Lick It Up” and “God Gave Rock ‘N’ Roll To You II.”

KISS ALIVE! 1975-2000 also adds a pair of bonuses: the single version of “Rock And Roll All Nite” to the Alive II disc and “Take It Off” to Alive III.

Deluxe packaging includes a booklet filled with photos and an informative essay written by noted KISS expert Ken Sharp.

ULTRAMAN VH
10-13-2006, 11:03 AM
The DVD of 70's concerts is way over due. Really looking forward to that one.

Nickdfresh
10-13-2006, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH

Well ULTRA and I agree on something.

Fortunately, I've never bought the CD versions of Alive/AII (I have them on vinyl at my parents house), but I do have AIII. I will get this as long as it doesn't any pseudo-Kiss, or too much of the 80s-90s stuff on it, which it apparently doesn't.

FORD
10-13-2006, 12:09 PM
Well, it's mostly the real KISS. I guess I'll buy it. But I'll probably hold out until it gets to Costco (unless there's some really good price at Best Buy like with the Stones "Four Flicks" DVD box set a couple years ago.

diamondD
10-13-2006, 12:15 PM
I've got the first 3 and won't be paying all of that for the one extra cd. But I am looking for those live 70's concerts dvds.

Mr Badguy
10-13-2006, 12:31 PM
So they can suddenly fit "Alive!" and "Alive II" on single CDs after we`ve shelled out for the doubles?

Fuck that!

I won`t be lining their pockets for this.

No matter how good the millenium concert is/was, it still won`t be anywhere near as good as the first two "ALIVE" albums.

Nickdfresh
10-13-2006, 12:34 PM
I thought KI$$ had already "remastered" their A"LIVE" albums.:)

diamondD
10-13-2006, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
So they can suddenly fit "Alive!" and "Alive II" on single CDs after we`ve shelled out for the doubles?

Fuck that!

No matter how good the millenium concert is/was, it still won`t be anywhere near as good as the first two "ALIVE" albums.

The first 2 have been on out on single "remastered" cds for a little while. So now they are "newly remastered" again?

I've got the doubles and that's where I draw the line on giving them my money.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
10-13-2006, 12:43 PM

Fuck that!

My strategy:

1. Download it
2. Listen to it
3. Discover it's the same crap they've been releasing for decades
4. Delete it

ULTRAMAN VH
10-13-2006, 01:29 PM

Fuck that!

I agree, the Millenium show cannot hold a candle to the 1st two. Alive, they were hungry and eating their way up the food chain. Alive2, they were at their peak. During the Millenium show they were on the verge of dismantling again. I saw them on the Farewell Tour and it was a cool show, but they seemed to be going through the motions. I am really looking forward to the Halloween release of the 70's concerts. This time period was when the band ruled the world.

Hardrock69
10-13-2006, 03:34 PM
Well, on Alive, I guess you could say it was Peter Criss who was hungry and eating his way up the food chain. Everything else on that album was recorded in the studio.

I bought Alive II on vinyl when it came out, and was disappointed at how laboratory sterile and compressed it was.

I listened to it just a few times and then put it away.
If I never hear it again it will be too soon.

Nickdfresh
10-13-2006, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Well, on Alive, I guess you could say it was Peter Criss who was hungry and eating his way up the food chain. Everything else on that album was recorded in the studio.

I don't know about that. I've heard that rumor, it even made it to "Behind the Music." But after hearing a few old KI$$ boots, I have to say that they were never far off from the playing on ALIVE! Obviously they dressed it up, and admittedly sang over bad or missed verses, and filled in some musical gaps. But I really doubt they just recorded it over an audience track.

Mr Badguy
10-13-2006, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
I don't know about that. I've heard that rumor, it even made it to "Behind the Music." But after hearing a few old KI$$ boots, I have to say that they were never far off from the playing on ALIVE! Obviously they dressed it up, and admittedly sang over bad or missed verses, and filled in some musical gaps. But I really doubt they just recorded it over an audience track.

Besides, if they indeed did record it in the studio then why couldn`t they have given their studio albums that same kind of rawness?

I do believe that "Alive II" is a studio product, though, have a listen to side 4`s studio tracks which have the exact same sound as the live stuff but without the obvious audience loop, particularly the drums.

Both are still phenomenal records, live or not.

ODShowtime
10-14-2006, 02:06 PM

There's something we agree on.

I have some cool bootleg Kiss DVDs from the 70s, but they need better sound to really kick ass. This should do the trick.

Mr. Vengeance
10-14-2006, 03:06 PM
The thing about all this that gets me is that they are releasing ANOTHER fucking Greatest Hits album. How many is that now? 10? Honest to god...how many people are going to keep buying the same songs over and over??? I love them, but the "gimme your money" attitude that Gene has, just pisses me off at times like this.

DEMON CUNT
10-15-2006, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U
My strategy:

1. Download it
2. Listen to it
3. Discover it's the same crap they've been releasing for decades
4. Delete it

Funny!

ULTRAMAN VH
10-16-2006, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
There's something we agree on.

I have some cool bootleg Kiss DVDs from the 70s, but they need better sound to really kick ass. This should do the trick.

I totally understand that the kid gloves come off over at the frontline and its a character assassination war front. But I am glad we can agree on topics involving music. Good Day Sir.

ace diamond
10-19-2006, 02:27 PM
I think it is a typo about those all being single cd's.
they have been for a few years now fitting 2 cd's into
the same size case as 1 cd. So I think it is entirely
possible to put everything in there along with the few
little "Extras".

I am a big KISS fan, so I will be getting it.
Mostly just for ALIVE III with ""Take It Off"
and The Millenium Show.

I have that 6 song ep from the Psycho Circus Tour.
That one is pretty fuckin' good.

indeedido
10-20-2006, 10:11 AM
I've got that EP too from the import Psycho Circus. It's awesome. Been waiting for the real Alive IV for a while. Got some other boots, but this one should be the real deal.

ace diamond
10-24-2006, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by indeedido
I've got that EP too from the import Psycho Circus. It's awesome. Been waiting for the real Alive IV for a while. Got some other boots, but this one should be the real deal.

I actually have a vhs video boot of the millenium show from vancouver
the night they actually recorded for the album.

the sound is really tinny and shitty,but the video is fairly decent.

ULTRAMAN VH
10-27-2006, 10:42 AM
For those who were interested in purchasing the 70s concert collection dvd set. I was checking out the reviews on Amazon and Mr. Simmons is up to his greedy bullshit again. Apparently Walmart and Bestbuy will be carrying different packages. Both stores will have a bonus disc featuring different concerts. Walmart will carry the bonus disk featuring Largo 77 and Bestbuy will carry the 1st night from Detroit 76. Another damn cash grab. I am still a huge fan of this era of the band and will purchase at least one of them, but boy does that greedy bastard piss me off.

Mr. Vengeance
10-27-2006, 04:22 PM
For those who were interested in purchasing the 70s concert collection dvd set. I was checking out the reviews on Amazon and Mr. Simmons is up to his greedy bullshit again. Apparently Walmart and Bestbuy will be carrying different packages. Both stores will have a bonus disc featuring different concerts. Walmart will carry the bonus disk featuring Largo 77 and Bestbuy will carry the 1st night from Detroit 76. Another damn cash grab. I am still a huge fan of this era of the band and will purchase at least one of them, but boy does that greedy bastard piss me off.

You gotta be shitting me? So now I have to figure out which one I want more or lay out cash for both? Fuck that- piracy here I come!

(Dear officials- this post in no way suggests that I will actually pirate a copy of this DVD. It is meant for entertainment purposes only. And G.W. Bush is a skunk)