PDA

View Full Version : College Football Gameday--October 14, 2006

POJO_Risin
10-14-2006, 04:34 PM
Okay...

let's get the day started...

Adrian Peterson breaks his collarbone...

and is out for the year...hmmm

Mike Hart will be moving up that Heisman ladder...

POJO_Risin
10-14-2006, 05:01 PM
Iowa lost to Indiana today...in a pretty big upset...

POJO_Risin
10-14-2006, 05:01 PM
Last I checked...Louisville was getting upset by Cincy...but that game was early yet...

POJO_Risin
10-14-2006, 05:04 PM
Vanderbilt loses to Georgia...

so...instead of Georgia being overrated...we'll be treated to how good the conference is top to bottom...

joke...

Brett
10-14-2006, 05:09 PM
Vandy beat Georgia actually.

POJO_Risin
10-14-2006, 05:20 PM
that's what I meant to say...

you can see my first line...doesn't fit with my second line...

Brett
10-14-2006, 05:27 PM
I do notice that Auburn game really woke Arkansas up, they pummeled some pansy today. What are they 5-1? Shit they're probably playing as well as any one in that conference right now.

POJO_Risin
10-14-2006, 05:30 PM
I won't disagree with that...

I'll be curious to see where they are ranked next week in the BCS...in particular if Florida loses to Auburn tonight...

Brett
10-14-2006, 05:32 PM
Will be interesting...be more interesting if that happens and USC beats ASU tonight as well, so as to make their one loss to the #2 or #3 BCS team.

POJO_Risin
10-14-2006, 05:33 PM
OSU rollin' over MSU...

about to go up 31-0 on the barren Sparty...lmfao...

POJO_Risin
10-14-2006, 05:34 PM
Wow...great play by Troy Smith...

shoulda been sacked...then releases the ball just before he gets blasted for a TD...

31-0 OSU...

that will be Troy's last pass....

Zwick will be running the show from this point on...

POJO_Risin
10-14-2006, 05:35 PM
Christ...they just took the game off to put on Missouri vs. A&M...

now ABC is going to try and convince me that Mizzou is good...

Unchainme
10-14-2006, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Christ...they just took the game off to put on Missouri vs. A&M...

now ABC is going to try and convince me that Mizzou is good...

The game is still on in the buckeye state...

Goddamn...Is there any team that can challege The bucks this year?

Brett
10-14-2006, 05:39 PM
I don't know what you guys are talking about, we got UCLA/Oregon here. :)

POJO_Risin
10-14-2006, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
The game is still on in the buckeye state...

Yes...

I still think you can beat that D...if you jump early and often...

Brett
10-14-2006, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme

Yes but I won't say anything. Teams with a dynamic offense can beat them.

POJO_Risin
10-14-2006, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Brett

UCLA/Oregon?

You mean they really play games on the West Coast?

I thought they just ran a computer sim...

Brett
10-14-2006, 05:42 PM
UCLA/Oregon?

You mean they really play games on the West Coast?

I thought they just ran a computer sim...

Sounds good to me, about what UCLA is worth.

Unchainme
10-14-2006, 05:43 PM

Yukla is getting their ass whooped by the team with the ugliest colors in the nation..

POJO_Risin
10-14-2006, 05:44 PM

Isn't that saying something?

Brett
10-14-2006, 05:44 PM
Yes I would have to agree, especially when they wear that faggy yellow as the main color as they are today.

Brett
10-14-2006, 05:45 PM
HAHA well I meant the team that I think can do it.

Unchainme
10-14-2006, 05:46 PM

USC possibly?

Thats the only team that I can really think of..

Unchainme
10-14-2006, 05:47 PM
Yes I would have to agree, especially when they wear that faggy yellow as the main color as they are today.

They say the things are futuristic...If this is the future of uniforms in College football..than we're fucked..

Brett
10-14-2006, 05:48 PM
Uh if they get their act together in the next 6 weeks, I would think they could make it interesting. I would think if they are 12-0 that the offense will be clicking again, because 3 of their last 4 games are against REALLY good offenses. They're not going to win those games with defense.

POJO_Risin
10-14-2006, 05:53 PM
I can't comment on USC...because I haven't seen more than five minutes of them playing this year...

I'm going to tape the SC game tonight though...

IMO...I think a team that can run the ball can beat them...

POJO_Risin
10-14-2006, 05:55 PM
I also thing that OSU gambles a lot more on defense than in the past...

if a team can jump on them...IMO...that's the key...because teams have been able to run the ball on that defense...

Of course...that D improves weekly...

POJO_Risin
10-14-2006, 06:03 PM
I'll tell you this...Chris Wells is going to be a machine...

OSU's recruiting for next year is already top notch...and they are in the game for a bunch as well...

already have signed a top 5 class...if things stay the same...

Brett
10-14-2006, 06:03 PM
SC's problems are simple. Not getting any turnovers (which has been a hallmark of this program since Carroll came here), not finishing off drives inside the 20 with TD's. Our FG kicker has kicked more field goals through five games than he did all of last year in 13 games. A lot of 3 and outs, and that's not something you ever saw in years past.

The secondary is young and when our front 7 doesn't pressure the QB, the secondary can be exploited. That's been the big problem defensively the last few weeks.

Arizona St. is a team that likes to throw, so if SC can't pressure the QB it could spell trouble.

POJO_Risin
10-14-2006, 06:04 PM
T Smith has passed 200 yards...13 for 20...201 yards and 2 TDs...

POJO_Risin
10-14-2006, 06:05 PM
Brett...on a serous note...and I won't argue if you say it's not Smith...

who do you think is going to win the Heisman...

or SHOULD win the Heisman this year...

Brett
10-14-2006, 06:17 PM
Right now, he's the best player on the #1 team, I would say Troy Smith. Do I think he's a great player? I don't know, I'm just not awed by his play like Vince Young or Reggie Bush or something. But he's got to be the front runner right now.

I think the race for the Heisman is too wide open right now to really narrow it down, maybe in 3 or 4 weeks we'll have a better idea of who it will be. I mean at the end of last year, everyone knew it was either Vince Young or Reggie Bush, we don't have that clear picture yet this year.

Brett
10-14-2006, 11:43 PM
Another one of those USC games that just leaves me shaking my head. Stop turning the fucking ball over. Whatever I guess a win is a win.

POJO_Risin
10-14-2006, 11:55 PM
Now we have a race for #2...and we can be done with all the bullshit Florida #1 talk...

piss on the SEC...

there isn't a damn team in that league that can beat OSU anyways...

and Michigan is a fucking joke...

Brett
10-15-2006, 12:49 AM
Probably Michigan or West Virginia jumps to #2, but WVU plays nobody and Michigan did play fairly well against Penn St. Computer rankings and the Harris poll will probably help SC.

You already know my feelings on the SEC, so no need to go there again. Conference is overrated.

Little Texan
10-15-2006, 03:29 AM
Did you see the brawl between Miami and Florida International? Shit!

EbDawson
10-15-2006, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Little Texan
Did you see the brawl between Miami and Florida International? Shit!

Miami in a brawl? I don't believe it.

EbDawson
10-15-2006, 10:21 AM

who do you think is going to win the Heisman...

or SHOULD win the Heisman this year...

Thing is the race is now Smith against . . . Smith. No 2nd runner really. I thought Peterson of Okla. might have a chance but they've already lost 2 games and now he's out for the rest of the season. I have no problem with Smith getting it, I just wish there was a race for it like last year.

POJO_Risin
10-15-2006, 02:51 PM
I think they'll try like hell to create a Troy Smith vs. Mike Hart for Heisman...

Had Hart gone off yesterday against Penn State...you might have had it.

I'll tell you what...Michigan's D was voracious last night...

Just don't think Penn State's offense is good unless they are playing against piss poor D's...

Brett
10-15-2006, 04:42 PM
No real surprise in the BCS, OSU #1, USC #2, Michigan #3. Found it interesting that USC is closer to OSU than Michigan is to USC, and that USC was #1 in the computer. That gay computer cost us the BCS title in 2003.

redfire
10-16-2006, 03:33 PM
I thought a loss to Cal in '03 cost you the BSC. But yes, it did. Things come full circle. Hopefully at least.

Brett
10-16-2006, 07:37 PM
Everyone had at least one loss in '03...obviously any loss is a costly loss. However, at the end USC was still #1 in both polls, but #3 in the computer. That was the killer.

diamondD
10-16-2006, 08:02 PM
Will be interesting...be more interesting if that happens and USC beats ASU tonight as well, so as to make their one loss to the #2 or #3 BCS team.

The Hogs heaped a lot of rewards for beating Auburn and Vanderbilt, who beat Florida and Georgia respectively. I'm still amazed we're the only undefeated team in the conference at this point in the season. And Ole Miss at home this weekend.

If someone had said we'd be #13 in the BCS after that opening game, I'd have laughed my ass off at them. Those 5 turnovers killed what could have been a much better game. But we're here.

One game at a time...:cool:

POJO_Risin
10-16-2006, 10:47 PM
Arkansas is one of those teams that have obviously come a long...long...way...

but maybe they've been this good all along...

Brett
10-18-2006, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by EbDawson
Thing is the race is now Smith against . . . Smith. No 2nd runner really. I thought Peterson of Okla. might have a chance but they've already lost 2 games and now he's out for the rest of the season. I have no problem with Smith getting it, I just wish there was a race for it like last year.

There were better teams last year, I kinda think this is a down year in some way for college football.