PDA

View Full Version : Iron Maiden kicked ass tonight! What a show!

RuzDNailz
10-17-2006, 03:55 AM
There's a bit to discuss here so first things first. I just got back a while ago from the show.

The show was awesome! I got some decent seats at the ACC which had a great crowd for tonights concert. Iron Maiden played the tracks off the new album (we cranked it up on the way there) in it's entirety.
The stage was bigger than the Molson Amphitheatre so the set-up was a little better. Eddie came out twice. Once in a tank, and the other just dressed up in army gear. They only performed 5 classic songs, but that's okay because we had a great time. But there were those who were still bitching about not hearing enough classics.

Why complain and be a little bitter? The purpose of this tour is in support of the new album. Sure it was weird leaving the show without hearing other hits like The Trooper, Number Of The Beast, Run To The Hills and many others. But they WILL come back and they WILL perform those songs so don't be upset. I'm not. Remember, there are many bands that do this as well. If they did more classics, then they will be so tired and we would be there all night. It's hard to please everybody.

On a separate note, I have something to share with you fellow Roth Army members.

My friend and I were waiting to get into the venue outside and I was looking at all the band attire that people were wearing. Tons of Maiden shirts and the occasional AC/DC or Metallica, but I saw something that made me mad. Some teenager had the nerve to show up at an Iron Maiden concert wearing a Van Fagar reunion tour shirt!
Wearing a picture of the poodlehead to that show was an insult. I actually yelled out 'Hey! No gay concert shirts are allowed!' Needless to say that he quickly cowered away and went in as soon as he could. I was sitting next to a teenager who was talking to me about some of his favourite bands. He told me that he hated VH. I asked him why curiously and his response earned him a high five. He told me that he hated Spammy and only likes DLR! I told him to come to this website and check it out. You can make that one more point for us!

UP THE FUCKING IRONS!!!

:killer:

binnie
10-17-2006, 03:58 AM
Ha Ha Sounds like a great show - any pics?

Good thing you shouted at that Hagar fan!!

RuzDNailz
10-17-2006, 04:53 AM
Unfortunately I didn't bring my camera and my cell phone camera is low res with poor lighting. So no could do, my friend. Getting a camera past security would have been another issue.

SparkieD
10-17-2006, 11:15 AM
Very cool! Glad you had such a great time:killer:

ELVIS
10-19-2006, 12:36 AM
Nice...

But next time be easy on a Van Hagar fan at a Maiden show...

At least he's trying...

;)

MERRYKISSMASS2U
10-19-2006, 12:51 AM
I'm not a prisoner!
I'm a free man!

Man, I relistened to "The Number of the Beast" and it's so awesome.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
10-19-2006, 12:52 AM
IN-VAAAAAA-DAHS!!!

doo doo doo doo doo!

boo doo doo doo doo!

ELVIS
10-19-2006, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U
I'm not a prisoner!
I'm a free man!

"I'm not a prisoner" ??

Go to school, boy...:rolleyes:

WACF
10-19-2006, 01:21 AM
Nice...glad you had a blast.

I wish they would of hit the prairies!

Panamark
10-19-2006, 02:24 AM
They should have fed the Van Hagar fan to Eddie...

binnie
10-19-2006, 03:01 AM
Ha Ha!!!

Yep, Eddie would serve him "up fro breakfast"....

Sorry........

RuzDNailz
10-21-2006, 01:27 AM
You see, Iron Maiden has stated that they prefer audiences to get into the new stuff and enjoy it live. They aren't too fond of those who come just for the classics. For example, that person I dealt with after the show.

jharp84
12-08-2006, 08:55 PM
SAW EM IN CHICAGO!! Recently got the new show on dvd(new york audience shot 9/10)! Fucking awesome! Anyone wants to trade jharp84@hotmail.com!!!! UP THE IRONS!

bueno bob
12-09-2006, 03:44 AM
Well, all that's fine and good, and I won't knock anybody for having a good time at the show, BUT - Maiden NEVER tours my neck of the woods. They haven't been here since 1990. 19-fuckin-90. That being the case, I think it would be imperitive that they play the classics when they come, because as it stands...you know, after that long of an absence, well...I think the old fans deserve more than the whole album and five "classic" songs, one of which is a complete pile of shit (Fear of the Dark)...

But, I don't have anything to complain about because (surprise!) no Maiden anywhere even remotely near to me for year #17...and the wait continues...

:rolleyes:

Mr Badguy
12-09-2006, 07:22 AM
Roll on Friday night in Glasgow!

BTW I don`t agree about "Fear of the dark", Bob.

If ever any Maiden song was made for audience participation, then "Fear..." is it.

SparkieD
12-09-2006, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob

But, I don't have anything to complain about because (surprise!) no Maiden anywhere even remotely near to me for year #17...and the wait continues...

You must be from near my neck of the woods.

I hold no hope in Maiden ever coming to the Southeast (even though Nicko lives in Florida.) That's why I plan to see them on their home turf when they do their farewell tour (you know it's coming) in a few years.

binnie
12-11-2006, 05:25 AM
Seeing Maiden this Sunday for the first time ever!

Been a massive fan for 15+ years but have manged to miss every tour due to family deaths (4 tours), illness, work not giving me time off (3 tours). Honestly its been a curse all of this time.

Sometimes I've even had tickets that I've had to give away.

But this time, I'm fucking ready!

The only band that's still together that is left on my list to see!

Ha Ha!

WARF
12-11-2006, 12:44 PM
I'm so pissed I never have seen them live with Bruce!

bueno bob
12-11-2006, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
Roll on Friday night in Glasgow!

BTW I don`t agree about "Fear of the dark", Bob.

If ever any Maiden song was made for audience participation, then "Fear..." is it.

I have to diverge from you on that...to my ears, the whole FotD album is a running practical joke...I can't see the same band (mostly) that made the first seven albums making that album...ugghh...

Everybody's got one...

WARF
12-11-2006, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by SparkieD
(even though Nicko lives in Florida.)

Nicko has a house here in Boca and goes to my church on and off (depending on the tour schedule.)
Yeah... I met him a few times.
So yes, there is a born again Christian in Iron Maiden lol...
Sounds weird doesn't it?

Satan
12-11-2006, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by WARF

Sounds weird doesn't it?

Is NOTHING Unsacred anymore?? :(

jharp84
12-11-2006, 03:28 PM
If they have to do the new album fine! I am sick of bands doing the same fucking set list every year(ac/dc, stones, scorpions) however change the last 5 or 6 tunes youre doing at the end, why stick with these same fucking tunes since the re-union?

SparkieD
12-11-2006, 05:07 PM
Nicko has a house here in Boca and goes to my church on and off (depending on the tour schedule.)
Yeah... I met him a few times.
Sounds weird doesn't it?

No more weird than Alice Cooper or Dave Mustaine (yet that one's debatable:) So is Tom Araya...oooohhhhh!

I think it's awesome that he can be so deeply religious and not be afraid that it will tarnish his image. Plus, he has an excellent attitude. He will openly discuss his faith if asked but is careful not to push it where it isn't wanted.

We Christians are in some excellent company!

SparkieD
12-11-2006, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by binnie
Seeing Maiden this Sunday for the first time ever!

Binnie, I am so happy for you! Green with jealousy, but genuinely happy! You will not be disappointed!

I'm expecting a full review Monday morning! UP THE IRONS!!!

WARF
12-11-2006, 11:20 PM
Brave New World was probably one of the best metal albums of the 90's.

Yes, Sparkie... we are in GREAT COMPANY!!

binnie
12-12-2006, 04:35 AM
Binnie, I am so happy for you! Green with jealousy, but genuinely happy! You will not be disappointed!

I'm expecting a full review Monday morning! UP THE IRONS!!!

I will post a review in this thread Sparkie!

bueno bob
12-12-2006, 04:49 AM
Brave New World was probably one of the best metal albums of the 90's.

Yes, Sparkie... we are in GREAT COMPANY!!

But it came out in 2000!!! :eek:

:D

binnie
12-12-2006, 04:51 AM
To my ears, "A Matter of Life and Death" is the best record they've done since "Seventh Son...."

I was never that much of a fan of "Brave New World" - i like it, but some of the songs wander a little IMO. On AMOLAD, the songs may be long, but they don't seem it because there's not any wasted space (maybe the first minute of "The Return of Benjamin..." at a push...)

bueno bob
12-12-2006, 05:05 AM
I agree, some of the intros on AMOLAD are a bit on the lengthy side, but overall they fit the feel of the album.

Still wish the cover to the Reincarnation single had been the cover to the album...ahh well...

I will say this much, BNW had some VERY classy material...Dream of Mirrors, Nomad, Out of the Silent Planet, Thin Line, BNW...great fucking songs...

Everything else wore pretty thin on me after a while though.

SparkieD
12-12-2006, 08:16 AM

Shit, I was supposed to say that:eek: But in the immortal words of Nigel Tufnel, "That's nitpicking, innit?"

Still wish the cover to the Reincarnation single had been the cover to the album...ahh well...

Tell me about it! What the fuck were they thinking? The cover of RoBB is almost as good as Derek Riggs' early work. Hate the album cover, but it did make a nice t-shirt for my avatar.

Everything else wore pretty thin on me after a while though.
Exactly how I felt about BNW. I loved it, but it bored me after a month or so. AMoLaD is still in heavy rotation at the house of Spar-Ti-kie and I think it'll stay there for a very long time.

WARF
12-12-2006, 10:19 AM

hmmmm... lol
I thought it came out in late 1999.

Dave's Bitch
12-15-2006, 07:29 PM
I caught the manchester show on this tour.First time seeing Iron Maiden.I got my tickets the first day they came out about 8 months ago,and it was well worth the wait.After trivium had finnished boring trhe crowed and they set up the stage,the lights go down and the band come on.They opend up with Different world i think,Bruce was wailing his ass off and running around the stage.I didnt think much of the new album on cd but live it sounded awesome.I think it was during The Legacy a huge tank came up from the back of the stage,the lid opens and Eddie comes out,it was so awesome!!!.then they played fear of the dark,Blew the whole audiance away.They played an encore of Iron Maiden (eddie came out during that and was all over the stage),2 minutes to midnight,The evil that men do and Hallowed be thy name

The show was breath taking,The only thing i thought was wrong,No Trooper,but Fear of the dark made up for that

Set list:
Different World
These Colours Don't Run
1000 Suns
The Pilgrim
The Longest Day

Out of the Shadows
Benjamin Breeg
Greater Good of God
Lord of Light
The Legacy
Fear of the Dark

(encore)

Iron Maiden
2 Minutes to Midnight
The Evil that Men Do
Hallowed Be Thy Name

Maiden are the best band live

UP THE IRONS

Mr Badguy
12-16-2006, 08:16 AM
The Glasgow show ROCKED!

The same set as above, except that "Iron Maiden" was the last song of the normal set instead of the encore.

The Eddie tank was pure rock n roll spectacle, up there with the classic late 80`s Maiden stage shows.

Also Bruce dropped hints that Maiden will be playing Donington next year!

binnie
12-18-2006, 06:24 AM
Fuck me!!

Just got back from Newcastle show and it was incredible.

Same setlist as DB posted, except Iron Maiden was the last song of the normal set before the encore.

Some girl called Lauren Harris (I'm assuming she's related) opened up and it was quite possibly the worst thing I've ever seen: not only the worst live band, the worst thing I've ever witnessed. The band sounded 80's AOR and the lyrics were so bad the Scorpions wouldn't have put them out. The guitar player so wanted to be Zakk Wylde and stole his licks all night. Awful, but mercifully short.

Next up Trivium, whom I'd heard were a magnificent live band. They are not. Now, I like their second record (Ascendency, their new record is only ok, nothing you haven't heard before), which was full of energy and played with balls, and was expecting the same from the live set. But they played a little by-numbers, and although they have plenty of stage presence they didn't seem to be really up for it. An average 80's thrash band could have killed them - saw Anthrax last year and Trivium weren't even in the same league. Of their contemproaries, I saw Mastodon about 3 weeks ago, and the latter could knock Trivium into oblivion live. If this band is the future of metal (as many-a-journalist would proclaim) then we have a problem. Not bad by any means, but not particuarly memorable either.

But complaining about support bands is like complaining about the trailers and the cinema! Everyone is hear to see Iron-fucking-Maiden, and the anticipation is phenomenal as 15,000 + motherfuckers scream "Maiden Maiden" almost incessantly.

The volume is deafening (although I was next to the PA) and the band sounds spectacular, even if the sound-man makes Bruce earn his money. Bruce's voice is as-per-record, note perfect and he wails on all night, running and boucning across the stage, or sending a spot light out into the crowd during solo's - they don't make frontmen like this anymore.

Jannick, Dave and Adrian are all equally fierce and share the limelight equally, together they sound much clearer than I thought they would. Jannick would easily win the award for most ridiculous poses and showmanship, and at times looks like a drunk uncle at a family party, but he was enjoying himself, and I'm sure I looked equally ridculous going nuts and screaming the lyrics. I couldn't see Nicko, buried as he was behind a gigiantic kit, but boy could I feel him - power and perfection all night.

The band seem genuinely happy to be hear, and grateful to the fans. Bruce tells us that this record/tour is the biggest thing that have happened to the band since Number of the Beast, and he seems to feel it, there's no "you're the loudest crowd so far" bollocks tonight.

As has been stated, they play the new record in it's entirety and you relaise just how good it is. Standout tracks to these ears were "The Longest Day" and "The Legacy" (neither of which are my favs on the record), which seemed to have benefitted most from live renditions, although the whole record sounds magnificent and ultra-heavy. A shout out must also go to These Colours Don't Run, which is an instant Maiden anthem.

Surprise of the night was Fear of the Dark, which is not a song I'm a fan of but it really worked live with 15,000 on backing vocals. Iron Maiden was savage, 2 minutes to Midnight was classic and The Evil That Men do brought the house down.

Magnificent, I cannot describe how great they were, only to say that they blew the reformed Judas Priest away and then some. I don't know about the best live band i've ever seen, or the loudest, but they come pretty fucking close on both accounts! I had high hopes, but they exceeded them on every account.

Up the Irons and bring on the festival dates this summer!!

binnie
12-18-2006, 06:26 AM
However, my Maiden jinx struck again.

My car broke down after the gig, 90 miles away from home. I had to get recovered on a truck home, and didn't get in till 4am.

Mrs binnie is not happy, not that it's my fault.

But at least I got to see them, and it was more than worth the incoveinience!

SparkieD
12-18-2006, 04:04 PM
Fantastic Binnie! Glad you finally got to see them! And you thought 40+ men couldn't pull off being as great as they were in their 20's!

Yes, you are correct to assume Lauren Harris is a relative. Try Daddy's Little Girl. I've heard her stuff and it's pretty awful. The lyrics are worse than even Britney's. Pop needs to stand back and let her get her own gigs instead of riding on his coattails. I am so sorry that you had to endure her show and Trivial, I mean, Trivium. They suck horribly.

Did you convince Mrs. Binnie to go?

binnie
12-19-2006, 09:38 AM

Did you convince Mrs. Binnie to go?

Yes I did (I paid for everything)

She didn't enjoy it at all. Sat down for most of it actaully.

I thought that even though she doesn't like the music, she might appreciate one of the greatest and biggest metal bands ever in their live setting. Guess not.

It's Bruce's voice she can't get past, she thinks it's just like all the other 80's wailers - tried to explain the difference. Kind of a weird thing for her not to be able to get past, as we've seen Sebastian Bach twice and see enjoyed it, yet no-one wails more than Baz!

But I fucking loved it, I was euphoric!

It does mean I have to go and see Incubus next year (again) as a pay back to her, but I'll enjoy it even though I find their music so thoroughly disapointing (they alternate from moments of invnetion to playing it safe, which just pisses me off). A band would really have to suck live for me not to enjoy myself.

I have manged to convert Mrs Binnie to many great bands; Deftones, Fu Manchu, Queens of the Stone Age, Nine Inch Nails, but not Maiden it seems.

Can't win em all..

SparkieD
12-19-2006, 11:57 AM

It does mean I have to go and see Incubus next year ...

Oh you poor, poor dear. Maider/Incubus doesn't seem like a fair trade to me.

Doesn't like Bruce??? Strange indeed. I think most females are more casual listeners than real music fans. They just like what they like (especially if there's someone cute in the band) and that's the extent of it. Probably one of the reasons there's not a lot of women here at the Army.

I do have to say that a hottie in a great band is icing on the cake, though.

binnie
12-19-2006, 04:19 PM

I do have to say that a hottie in a great band is icing on the cake, though.

It's definately the reason Mrs Binnie likes Incubus!!

I'll be able t persuade her to come and see Iron Maiden at a festival next year (Bruce pretty much said they're doing a big outdoor gig this summer over here) so its all good.

SparkieD
12-19-2006, 09:20 PM
It's definately the reason Mrs Binnie likes Incubus!!

Does she go over to Incubus' web forum (I'm assuming they have one) and post about "hitting it?" :D:p:D

bueno bob
12-20-2006, 03:32 AM
Binnie, did you just mention Fu Manchu?

Holy shit! Fan #2!!!

bueno bob
12-20-2006, 03:33 AM
And all this time, I thought they were making albums for me...who knew...?

:)

Still, not to be a spoilsport, but they've worn pretty thin on me since King of the Road...

Glad you had a good time at Maiden, though!

Tiki-Tom
12-20-2006, 03:34 AM

Holy shit! Fan #2!!!

There are a few of us "Fu" fans here:D

bueno bob
12-20-2006, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by Tiki-Tom
There are a few of us "Fu" fans here:D

#3!!

LOL

I do have to say though, that I really think King of the Road was the last great outing for them...California Crossing and Start the Machine haven't done much for me...

The new EP is supposed to have VH's "DOA" as a cover, correct?

Tiki-Tom
12-20-2006, 03:42 AM
#3!!

LOL

The new EP is supposed to have VH's "DOA" as a cover, correct?

You got it! I can't wait to hear that cover. They play it in their live set pretty often. Should be killer.

bueno bob
12-20-2006, 03:47 AM
Yes...one thing's for sure, Fu Manchu does some bang up covers, no doubt...the Something Beyond EP was really good...

I'd really like to see a return to the Eatin' Dust sound...

Tiki-Tom
12-20-2006, 03:52 AM
Or In Search of... I love the sound they have on that to. When people talk about heavy that's the sound I think of.

bueno bob
12-20-2006, 03:58 AM
Yup...hell, everything from No One Rides for Free up to King of the Road is essential...

Tiki-Tom
12-20-2006, 04:03 AM
Sorry Binnie, just a little chat between fellow Fu fans,
Now wouldn't it be a cool show if Fu Manchu were to open for Maiden next time! There, thread back on track ;) :D

SparkieD
12-20-2006, 08:21 AM
Longtime Fu fan here...A Maiden show with FM opening would be brilliant!

binnie
12-20-2006, 09:39 AM
Does she go over to Incubus' web forum (I'm assuming they have one) and post about "hitting it?" :D:p:D

Nah, once you've had the binnie lovin' then there's no desire to look elsewhere

#eats a large bowl of male self-delusion#

binnie
12-20-2006, 09:43 AM

Holy shit! Fan #2!!!

Damn straight, I love that band, been a fan since "The Action is Go" (best record, IMO).

There was definately a change post-King of the Road, probably because one of the guitar players had his fuzz-box stolen whilst on stage.

But all their early records blow me away, it's like ultra-cool Sabbath with chilled out vocals. Groovy and ultra-ultra heavy.

Check out the "Heavy as Fuck" Thread for some cool live footage Bob.

I'd be hard pushed to choose between them and Kyuss for my fav stoner band!

singerman
12-23-2006, 06:41 PM
Saw Maiden last night in London.....cracking show!...thought it was very brave to play the entire new album,it was the first time i'd heard the songs and i have to say i really enjoyed it.....you can tell they are so proud of this new one,for me though as the gig went on i do confess to wanting them to play some classics,but respect to the band for having the balls to go against the grain and do the oposite to what ALL other top bands do which is live off past glory!....there was a back stage fire about 45mins into the gig,some power cable melted and blew some of the sound gear so all power to the stage had to be shut down for half an hour!...it was really weird...the entire band remained on stage thoughout,from one side of the stage a football suddenly appeared i guess a roadie threw on....and the guys in the band started to have a game!....the crowd loved it!,then bruce got everyone singing christmas songs...the sight of hardcore rockers singing jingle bells will live with me for a long time!.Nico mcbrain then disappeared only to return a few minutes later wearing a bath robe, a pair of slippers and a cup of tea an promptly sits down in front of his drum kit,the crowd just pissed themselves laughing,the band delt with the situation very well in a true British way....no diva tantrums....they didnt fuck off the stage until the problem was fixed they stayed and did their best to make us laugh and mess about,just really normal down to earth guys.Great gig in all.......even the half silence sounded better than the support band Trivium ;-)

SparkieD
12-25-2006, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by singerman
Saw Maiden last night in London.....cracking show!...thought it was very brave to play the entire new album,it was the first time i'd heard the songs and i have to say i really enjoyed it.....you can tell they are so proud of this new one,for me though as the gig went on i do confess to wanting them to play some classics,but respect to the band for having the balls to go against the grain and do the oposite to what ALL other top bands do which is live off past glory!....there was a back stage fire about 45mins into the gig,some power cable melted and blew some of the sound gear so all power to the stage had to be shut down for half an hour!...it was really weird...the entire band remained on stage thoughout,from one side of the stage a football suddenly appeared i guess a roadie threw on....and the guys in the band started to have a game!....the crowd loved it!,then bruce got everyone singing christmas songs...the sight of hardcore rockers singing jingle bells will live with me for a long time!.Nico mcbrain then disappeared only to return a few minutes later wearing a bath robe, a pair of slippers and a cup of tea an promptly sits down in front of his drum kit,the crowd just pissed themselves laughing,the band delt with the situation very well in a true British way....no diva tantrums....they didnt fuck off the stage until the problem was fixed they stayed and did their best to make us laugh and mess about,just really normal down to earth guys.Great gig in all.......even the half silence sounded better than the support band Trivium ;-)

Wow! Sounds like a once in a lifetime experience. Would've loved to been there. I plan on seeing them in England before they call it quits. While they never disappoint live, it just seems like they are really in their element when they are closer to home.

binnie
12-29-2006, 10:37 AM
I plan on seeing them in England before they call it quits. While they never disappoint live, it just seems like they are really in their element when they are closer to home.

Well, they hinted that they'll be doing a big festival this summer, so start saving!

Binky
01-13-2007, 06:51 PM
Well, they hinted that they'll be doing a big festival this summer, so start saving!
Yea, and it better be Download. But I've heard rumours of AC/DC and Motley Crue (sp) supporting for that. I'll be pretty annoyed if it's Leeds or Reading because they've already played there lately and those two are rubbish. It could be Monsters of Rock even though Heaven and Hell are probably set to headline that. But yea I was at Sheffield and they were ace. I happen to like Lauren Harris, and I don't care. Trivium were terrible, I made a point of sticking me fingers up. However I later realised they probably don't know what the two finger sign means anyway. But I also heard this will be their last album but I don't believe it. *^_^* \m/

Tiki-Tom
01-14-2007, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by Binky
But I also heard this will be their last album but I don't believe it. *^_^* \m/
Not likely, especially sense AMOLAD has done so well. Maiden will be around for a while and thats a good thing.

Don Corleone
01-14-2007, 04:58 AM
Fuck me!!

Just got back from Newcastle show and it was incredible.

You weren't the only Army member there Binnie. I was there as well - up front to (my) left of the stage in front of Dave and Adrian.

I can't believe though that you forgot to mention that Bruce and Steve ran into each other in mid song at one point.

Can't wait to hear what 07 brings - by the sounds of it (and from what Bruce was saying) it should be Powerslave - Seventh Son.

Binky
01-14-2007, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Tiki-Tom
Not likely, especially sense AMOLAD has done so well. Maiden will be around for a while and thats a good thing.
I heard someone say they will go on until Nikko dies or something. I was a bit iffy about the new album at first but now I really like it, because I wasn't keen on Brave New World and Dance of Death was okay I guess. *^_^* |m|

Tiki-Tom
01-14-2007, 08:50 PM
I heard someone say they will go on until Nikko dies or something. I was a bit iffy about the new album at first but now I really like it, because I wasn't keen on Brave New World and Dance of Death was okay I guess. *^_^* |m|

I agree, those discs were pretty lame. I think "DOD" is one of their worst recordings to date (really wasted my money on that shit) along with "VIRTUAL XI". They have rebounded nicely with the new one. I can't wait to hear whats next.

binnie
01-15-2007, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by Don Corleone

I can't believe though that you forgot to mention that Bruce and Steve ran into each other in mid song at one point.

Fuck I must have missed that!

Didn't know where to look half the time with that stage show and Jannick's silly poses!

SparkieD
01-15-2007, 05:30 PM
But I also heard this will be their last album but I don't believe it. *^_^* \m/

Steve said in a recent interview that they have at least a couple studio albums left in them. So that means probably around five years. Gotta throw in another live record and more than likely another greatest hits type thing plus more remasters. I'm hoping that their excellent chart positions here in the States will give them the push to be like the Stones and go on forever. Or at least until I die.

Hardrock69
01-16-2007, 12:46 PM
Just this past Friday I got a care package in the mail from my main bootleg connection....one of the cool DVDs in the package was Maiden's Last Hurrah on Ozzfest 2005. Have not done much more than scan through it a bit.

Dammit! :mad:

If I had been front row, and a group of people had suddenly stood in front of me and begun to throw eggs at the band, I would have become extremely violent and tried to beat the shit out of them!

It would have been worth it to be able to punch that stupid Kelly Osbourne right in her fat fucking mouth.

Fucking Kunt.

Ah well.

I am looking forward to the next major tour when they will be supporting the Early Years Part 2.....POWERSLAVE!!!
WOOHOO!!!

SparkieD
01-16-2007, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Dammit! :mad:

If I had been front row, and a group of people had suddenly stood in front of me and begun to throw eggs at the band, I would have become extremely violent and tried to beat the shit out of them! :angry:

It would have been worth it to be able to punch that stupid Kelly Osbourne right in her fat fucking mouth.

Fucking Kunt.

Ah well.

Oh man, how fun it would've been to beat the shit outta Kelly and her cuntrag of a mom. Notice how quiet Maiden have been about that episode? I'm betting there's some behind-the-scenes litigation going on.

I am looking forward to the next major tour when they will be supporting the Early Years Part 2.....POWERSLAVE!!!
WOOHOO!!!

Me too, man. Me too!

bueno bob
01-16-2007, 01:16 PM
Yup. I'm VERY ANXIOUS to get another dose of Powerslave...Maiden's pinnacle, as far as I'm concerned... :D

The funny thing is, I had a Hit Parader or Rip or some stupid thing back in '88, interviewing Steve about 7th Son...and he said back then he thought Maiden had another 5 good years left in it...

Moral of the story?

I'd expect Maiden around for quite some time yet...which is, of course, a very good thing... :D

SparkieD
01-18-2007, 11:29 PM
From Blabbermouth.net

According to Muziekagenda.nl, IRON MAIDEN and OZZY OSBOURNE will perform at the Fields of Rock festival, which is scheduled to take place June 16-17 in Biddinghuizen, Netherlands. An official confirmation is expected to arrive soon.

binnie
01-19-2007, 02:59 AM
From Blabbermouth.net

According to Muziekagenda.nl, IRON MAIDEN and OZZY OSBOURNE will perform at the Fields of Rock festival, which is scheduled to take place June 16-17 in Biddinghuizen, Netherlands. An official confirmation is expected to arrive soon.

So Maiden and Ozzy are both gonna be doing the festival rounds this summer....

SparkieD
01-19-2007, 09:48 AM
So Maiden and Ozzy are both gonna be doing the festival rounds this summer....

In other words, watch out for hen grenades!

binnie
01-19-2007, 10:09 AM
Rumours are all over in the UK.

Seems that Maiden have hinted at playing Donnington or the Leeds/Reading festival....

I imagine they are gonna do a sought of "festival tour" June/July/august......