PDA

View Full Version : Jimi Hendrix VODKA!!!

MAX
10-19-2006, 10:23 AM
Dunno if this has either been mentioned nor if I'm putting this in the right forum? Maybe "punt" it to "Non" for more appropriate feedback? :confused: However, I was doing my weekly liquor order yesterday (YES!!! It's a part of my job so don't get nervous!!!) and noticed this was available on my state order sheet!!! Any thoughts, anyone tried the stuff. 'tis it any good and does anyone know the story behind it?

http://www.luxist.com/media/2006/03/hendrixvodka.jpg

FORD
10-19-2006, 10:49 AM
Considering that Jimi died choking on his own puke after mixing vodka and sleeping pills, this is really in bad taste.

Hardrock69
10-19-2006, 11:50 AM
Dupe thread. I posted about this almost 2 months ago...

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39659&highlight=Jimi+Hendrix+Vodka

DrMaddVibe
10-19-2006, 11:55 AM
I'd never heard the vodka with pills.

I've read in various articles and books that there were drugs in his room and that delayed his girfriend from calling an ambulance.

If its from the Hendrix family, at least they're getting the money this time around.

DrMaddVibe
10-19-2006, 11:57 AM
18 September 1970
Ambulances are called to the Samarkand Hotel in London, where Jimi is found unconscious, having vomited in his sleep. The ambulance-men are unable to revive him. He is taken to St. Mary Abbot's Hospital, where he is officially pronounced dead just after midday.

28 Septemer 1970
At a London inquest, the coroner instructs the jury to return an open verdict on Hendrix's death, which is blamed on "inhalation of vomit due to barbiturate intoxication".

1 October 1970
James Marshall Hendrix is buried in Greenwood Cemetary, Renton, Seattle.

This was taken from the website.

ELVIS
10-19-2006, 12:16 PM
The barbiturates were sleeping pills...

And I agree with FORD on this one, bad taste...

The bottle might as well include a stash of sleeping pills...

MAX
10-19-2006, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Considering that Jimi died choking on his own puke after mixing vodka and sleeping pills, this is really in bad taste.

Oh boy...

DG and I were just speaking about this and how disgusting the irony would be. Indeed, it is REALLY bad taste.

With that being said, who fucking owns the rights to do this? Seriously, it's disgusting and will be as welcomed on my inventory as much as Cabo Wabo. :mad:

diamondsgirl
10-19-2006, 11:36 PM
"Mama Cass Ham" coming soon to your local deli. :D

Hardrock69
10-20-2006, 09:44 AM
LMAO!!!

Oh and according to the website, Jimi Hendrix Rum and other types of liquor will be coming soon as well.

:rolleyes:

tydhurst
10-22-2006, 10:04 AM
It won't be any good because the bottle has a clear selling point which has nothing to do with Liquor quality!

Hardrock69
06-07-2011, 10:58 PM
Necro-post....just ran across this by accident.

Due to Janie (cunt) Hendrix (half-wit-sister of Jimi), the Vodka was taken off the market after only a few months. But not before I bought a bottle. Which I still have, and which I will never open. Sure to be something great to sell on eBay in 20 years, lol.

BITEYOASS
06-08-2011, 12:08 AM
Usually Rum named after pirates is in better taste.

Hardrock69
06-08-2011, 12:51 AM
True dat! But then, I figured this might be shitty Vodka, and I am not a vodka fan anyway. I just bought it because a) I am a major Hendrix freak, and b) it was a chance to buy something relatively cheap that I knew would someday become a collector's item.

Hell there are guys selling unopened cases of Hendrix Electric Vodka on eBay right now.

I could be wrong, but when I got my vodka bottle, they had not yet released the Rum or whatever else they were going to sell, and Janie may have won her court case before they ever had a chance to release any of the other stuff.

Nitro Express
06-08-2011, 03:52 AM
is named after - you guessed it - Jimi Hendrix. The super-premium grain vodka that is handmade in Idaho using a blend of corn and rye, then filtered through carbon and crystal to create a clean, pure flavor. All are packaged in elegant, angular bottles and it has been spotted at many star-studded events, impressive for a drink that was released only this year. Pomegranate and Habenero Pepper flavored vodkas will be making their debut this fall.

Read more: http://www.slashfood.com/2006/08/29/hendrix-electric-vodka/#ixzz1OfVsXmWU

I own part of an ethanol plant in Idaho. We make various grades of commercial ethanol and we also sell to distillers. Hood River Distillers is a big customer of ours. They buy the base alcohol from us and then they filter it, cut it and add their own flavorings. We ship 190 proof. We use potatoes and grains as our base mash and will custom make mash to a customer's specifications.

That Hendrix Vodka could be our alcohol. We sell to so many distilleries I don't know for sure.

Anyways here is our operation :

http://www.waytogoidaho.com/organicalcohols/