PDA

View Full Version : BCE top general says Rummy the Dummy is inspired by GOD

FORD
10-21-2006, 06:23 PM
Top US general says Rumsfeld is inspired by God

Thu Oct 19, 3:35 PM ET

The top US general defended the leadership of Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, saying it is inspired by God.

"He leads in a way that the good Lord tells him is best for our country," said Marine General Peter Pace, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Rumsfeld is "a man whose patriotism focus, energy, drive, is exceeded by no one else I know ... quite simply, he works harder than anybody else in our building," Pace said at a ceremony at the Southern Command (Southcom) in Miami.

Rumsfeld has faced a storm of criticism and calls for his resignation, largely over his handling of the Iraq war.

But he got a strong show of support from the military establishment at Thursday's ceremony, where Navy Admiral James Stavridis took over Southcom's command from General Bantz Craddock.

"He comes to work everyday with a single-minded focus to make this country safe," said Stavridis who was a senior aide to Rumsfeld before taking on the Southcom job.

"We're lucky as a nation that he continues to serve with such passion and such integrity and such determination and such brilliance," said Stavridis, 51.

As head of Southcom, Stavridis will be responsible for military cooperation with Latin American countries, and will be in charge of the Guantanamo US military base in Cuba where more than 400 "war on terror" detainees are being held.

Craddock, who was named supreme commander of allied forces in Europe, hailed the role Southcom has played.

"Today I believe that we can say we were successful in our efforts and contributed to ensuring our nation's security through support on the global war on terror, and encouraged regional cooperation to enhance the security and stability in the region," he said.

Somebody get these goddamned Dominionist fuckwads out of my country!!

Link (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20061019/pl_afp/usmilitarypolitics_061019193550)

LoungeMachine
10-21-2006, 07:32 PM
Yeah, I read this the other day, too....

I had it all ready to post here, and then thought......fuck it.

No matter how ridiculous things get, Chimpy will never get rid of this murderous lump of shit.

I may actually despise Rummy even more than Darth Cheney or Monkeyboy....

blueturk
10-21-2006, 07:34 PM
If Rummy and God are that tight, maybe I should turn to Satanism....

LoungeMachine
10-21-2006, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by blueturk
If Rummy and God are that tight, maybe I should turn to Satanism....

You'd think GOD would have a clue how to deal with an insurgency

Nickdfresh
10-21-2006, 07:59 PM
Which supports Woodward's thesis that only Generals that have fecal rings of Rumsfeld's around their mouth area will survive very long near him...

FORD
10-21-2006, 08:15 PM
I watched Red Dawn again last night, for the first time in several years. While the movie was little more than a ridiculous right wing self-parody when it was first released, it looks almost prophetic now. Except the "Wolverines" are a bunch of Muslims and we're the "Russians" and "Cubans".

sadaist
10-21-2006, 08:22 PM
If Rumsfeld were shit-canned tomorrow, who would be the best replacement for him?

FORD
10-21-2006, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by sadaist
If Rumsfeld were shit-canned tomorrow, who would be the best replacement for him?

Any of the retired Generals who have spoken out against this fucked up war. Unfortunately, there's a law (not written by the BCE, thank God) which prevents a retired military officer from serving in that office for at least 10 years after retirement.

Knowing the BCE, they would nominate the least qualified person for the job. Like they did with FEMA, for example. Probably Sean Hannity or someone like that.

sadaist
10-21-2006, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Any of the retired Generals who have spoken out against this fucked up war. Unfortunately, there's a law (not written by the BCE, thank God) which prevents a retired military officer from serving in that office for at least 10 years after retirement.

Knowing the BCE, they would nominate the least qualified person for the job. Like they did with FEMA, for example. Probably Sean Hannity or someone like that.

Schwarzkopf?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Schwarzkopf

FORD
10-21-2006, 08:53 PM
"Stormin Norman" would be qualified, but I doubt he would take the job. Last I heard, he was pretty much on the same page with the rest of the old Generals when it comes to Iraq and Dumbsfeld.

Spc. Graner
10-21-2006, 08:53 PM
I praise the Lord for every day that Saint Donny is in command of the slaughter of the Islamino'fascists!

http://www.awolbush.com/rumsfeld_saddam.jpg

Here he is staying the course and moving in the the kill!

All liberals can suck my chemical weapon!

Spc. Graner
10-21-2006, 08:57 PM
Only one person comes to my mind as a possible replacement.

Especially since he did such a "bang" up job in Gambodia!

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB104/kissinger%2019750429.jpg

Although, I believe that changing streams mid-horse is not the way God would want us to stay His course!

Nickdfresh
10-21-2006, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by sadaist

Gen. Wesley Clark (Ret.) bears consideration...

Spc. Graner
10-21-2006, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh

Nope.

Born-Again PNAC (http://www.newamericancentury.org/statementofprinciples.htm) supporters only. Especially since they would already know the plan that has been set into motion.

You're Hitler/Bush comparisons are laughable.

sadaist
10-21-2006, 09:09 PM

He hasn't been retired for 10 years though. But a good guy nonetheless.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wesley_Clark

FORD
10-21-2006, 09:26 PM

Currently ineligible, due to the rule I mentioned in the previous post. Otherwise, he'd probably have the job in January 2009. Unfortunately he'll have to wait until the next President's second term, at least.

Nickdfresh
10-21-2006, 09:48 PM
Or first term.;)

That seems like a really dumb rule. I can see preventing retirees from taking the post as civilians for a time, but not ten years. Should be five at the most, that's why you have old dickhead political-appointee retreads like Rummy.

Nitro Express
10-21-2006, 09:48 PM
It amazes me that everyone reads Tsun Tsu like the bible and the Pentegon ignored all the basic principles.

The number one rule they broke was not defining the enemy nor studying the enemy.

Nickdfresh
10-21-2006, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
It amazes me that everyone reads Tsun Tsu like the bible and the Pentegon ignored all the basic principles.

The number one rule they broke was not defining the enemy nor studying the enemy.

C'mon Nitro, Sunni or Shia --what's the difference? They're all Islamofascists anyways!!

WACF
10-21-2006, 10:49 PM
Or first term.;)

That seems like a really dumb rule. I can see preventing retirees from taking the post as civilians for a time, but not ten years. Should be five at the most, that's why you have old dickhead political-appointee retreads like Rummy.

10 does seem like too much...why would you want to limit your choices.

Nickdfresh
10-21-2006, 11:09 PM
You know, I think Canadian Forces Gen. McKenzie (Ret.) would make a great US Sec. of Defense...

WACF
10-21-2006, 11:15 PM
You know, I think Canadian Forces Gen. McKenzie (Ret.) would make a great US Sec. of Defense...

My favorite Canadian.

He would of made an excellent Chief of Defence or if he became political he would be an exceptional Minister of Defence.
At least our Gordon OConnor is a vet...by far the best M of D we have had in decades.

If you find it read "Peacekeeper - Road To Sarajevo"...an excellent book that Lew wrote.