PDA

View Full Version : An inner city marching band kicked fringe society's collective ass earlier.

rustoffa
10-22-2006, 02:11 AM
So, I was standing beyond the barricade @ this Halloween parade earlier, and witnessed an inner city marching band kickthefuckingshit out of fringe society.

I should set it up. The parade took place in Atlanta's Grennich village....Little Five Points. Hippies, aging hipsters, me in a CBGB t-shirt. I gotta give mad props to the drug-addled mix of punk rockers as well.

So there I was....one of the local meteorologists' rode by in a van just yelling tomorrow's forecast...that was pretty good. Next up was an extremely innapropriate contigent dedicated to WORLD POLITICS. Lots of Dubya masks...yadda-yadda. One of 'em had a sign that read "RIP SCIENCE."

WHAT THE FUCK?

Anyway, some burlesque whores floated by, followed by some tatto'd dipshits on go-carts and mini-bikes.

Then, the parade started slowing down just in time for NORTH ATLANTA HIGH SCHOOL'S marching band to OWN.

FUCKING UNBELIEVABLE.

The drums kicked in, and it was fucking OVER! Think 30-or-so young black chicks grinding. Parents dressed as pirates were running for cover....the go-cart dipshits fucking parked.

I asked a local writer what he thought of the parade afterwards, and got an interesting response.

"Those chicks in the marching band didn't need a costume."
:cool: