PDA

View Full Version : Holy Krap! It's Official!!!! Dio, Iommi, Butler & Ward To Tour As H & H!!!!

Hardrock69
10-25-2006, 11:55 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

A representative for BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi has confirmed that the highly anticipated and much-rumored reunion of Iommi, Ronnie James Dio, Geezer Butler, and Bill Ward appears to be shaping up and taking a new form. After various promoters have approached the former SABBATH bandmates' respective representatives, the guys have started taking all of this very seriously, as they have aparently wanted to reunite for some time now. It looks as if the new shape may be that of HEAVEN AND HELL — that is the moniker that the band is likely to use on their new venture. If all goes well, HEAVEN AND HELL should be hitting the road in early 2007.

In an August 16, 2006 appearance on the syndicated radio show "Rockline", Dio had the following to say about the possibility of further collaborations with BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi:

"We've already written one [new] song together. The reason for that is that there's a release coming out, it's called 'Black Sabbath: The Dio Years' — they've already done one, of course, 'Black Sabbath: The Ozzy Years'; that was the beginning and, really, the best part of it all — but they've decided to do one, again, 'Black Sabbath: The Dio Years', and we wanted to make it a little but more special, not just give you things you've not heard from a live perspective. These are two things you'll never hear again — two new songs. We are going to do that. It's been fun already. The one we've done — the one that I've done with Tony has been really wonderful — just great to realize how magnificent a player he was. You forget that after 10 years at a time that you don't work with someone. So we are gonna be doing that. And I hope you'll like it. I think it'll be great."

On the rumors of him possibly rejoining BLACK SABBATH, Dio said, "There's always rumors about everything — about a RAINBOW reunion, about a BLACK SABBATH reunion. Our purpose was to do this because we wanted to have this product be a bit more special than anything else — not just, 'Here's a live track you've never heard before.' I mean, that's cool, but I'm sure people have heard that. We wanted to do something a bit more special, so the whole band would write and play these songs, and… They've wanted to hear them long enough, so here they are. But it's not anything that we've talked about leading to anything other than that. No, it's for that project."

http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=60935

DrMaddVibe
10-25-2006, 12:17 PM
YES!!!!

WACF
10-25-2006, 12:46 PM
This is cool news.

binnie
10-25-2006, 12:49 PM
Now that is good news!

Dio era Sabbs, whist it'll never equal Ozzy-era, is now sadly overlooked.

Can't fuckin wait!

Mr. Vengeance
10-25-2006, 08:12 PM
As I said in the other thread, I think this is good, but doubt it'll last very long. I'm hoping we get a good album out of it like we did with Dehumanizer, last time they reunited.

What the original Sab should do is reach an agreement that anything done with Ozzy will be called Black Sabbath, and anything Iommi does with the band and a diffrent singer, such as Dio, is only legally called Sabbath. Same way when Bachman Turner Overdrive split up (great Canadian band by the way) Turner got to use the name BTO for shows he did, while Randy Bachman got to use Bachman Turner Overdrive.

Panamark
10-26-2006, 01:33 AM
Cool !

I guess Iommi got sick of waiting for Sharon...

Revan
10-26-2006, 03:40 AM
Wish it was called Black Sabbath. Ahhh...doesn't matter, anybody with half a wit knows that it really is. Ronnie Dio's work with Sabbath was quality music, doesn't matter what Ozzy or Sharon claims.

Revan
10-26-2006, 03:41 AM
Thing is, Ozzy just said today that Black Sabbath (original) will have a new album out in 2007. ...Anybody else NOT quite believe it? ;)

MERRYKISSMASS2U
10-26-2006, 03:44 AM
I've always liked Dio's stuff more than Ozzy.

I can't wait for this :)

Vinnie Velvet
10-27-2006, 11:18 AM
Here's my proposed set list (keep in mind, I think that they're only playing Dio-Sabbath songs, so no 'Iron Man'.)

Intro - E5150
Neon Knights
Voodoo
TV Crimes
Children of the Sea
Slipping Away
Heaven and Hell
Die Young
Turn Up the Night
Lonely is the Word
The Sign of the Southern Cross
Master of Insanity
(new song)
(new song)
Falling Off the Edge of the World
Lady Evil
The Mob Rules

binnie
10-27-2006, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Revan
Thing is, Ozzy just said today that Black Sabbath (original) will have a new album out in 2007. ...Anybody else NOT quite believe it? ;)

No chance of that happening. Ozzy's being working on a solo record, so he'll have to record and tour that next year.

Plus last time they tried it in th late 90's, they all admitted the chesmistry wasn't right: Ozzy could get melodies to match Tony's riffs.

Ozzy's probably being drinking again if he's making comments like that....

bueno bob
10-27-2006, 12:19 PM
YES.

YES, YES AND YES.

Fuck Ozzy and that go-nowhere for the last eight years Original Black Sabbath via Sharon Osbourne horse shit.

THIS is more like it, and I FUCKING GUARANTEE you that Ronnie and Tony will KICK THE FUCKING SHIT out of the Corporate Sabbath that Sharon's been bleeding dry on the FIRST FUCKING NIGHT of the tour.

Excellent set list btw, Vin. How ya been, dude?

Vinnie Velvet
10-27-2006, 03:07 PM

That's all BS.

Sharon obviously wanted to throw something out there to divert fan's excitement attention over Dio reuniting with the Sabs with talk of a new original Black Sabbath CD.

Not gonna happen. Its BS and Sharon's work.

It was nice of Ozzy though to wish Dio and Iommi all the best with this new project.

Vinnie Velvet
10-27-2006, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
YES.

YES, YES AND YES.

Fuck Ozzy and that go-nowhere for the last eight years Original Black Sabbath via Sharon Osbourne horse shit.

THIS is more like it, and I FUCKING GUARANTEE you that Ronnie and Tony will KICK THE FUCKING SHIT out of the Corporate Sabbath that Sharon's been bleeding dry on the FIRST FUCKING NIGHT of the tour.

Excellent set list btw, Vin. How ya been, dude?

Been good, Bob.

Where ya been bro?? Things have picked up here in light of this and of course the CVH Reunion talk.

bastardog
10-27-2006, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
Here's my proposed set list (keep in mind, I think that they're only playing Dio-Sabbath songs, so no 'Iron Man'.)

Intro - E5150
Neon Knights
Voodoo
TV Crimes
Children of the Sea
Slipping Away
Heaven and Hell
Die Young
Turn Up the Night
Lonely is the Word
The Sign of the Southern Cross
Master of Insanity
(new song)
(new song)
Falling Off the Edge of the World
Lady Evil
The Mob Rules

Excellent choices.........I would added Time Machine.....but with the set you put there will be grate enough

Mr. Vengeance
10-27-2006, 04:18 PM
I have to figure they'll play at least a couple of the Oz era tunes. Ronnie sang them before. But, hey they may just go with the Dio-era ones.

Iommi's next plan is to do Sabbath tours with all the old singers. At the rate of two tours a year, he should be done around 2014....

Vinnie Velvet
10-27-2006, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
I have to figure they'll play at least a couple of the Oz era tunes. Ronnie sang them before. But, hey they may just go with the Dio-era ones.

Iommi's next plan is to do Sabbath tours with all the old singers. At the rate of two tours a year, he should be done around 2014....

LOL.

As much as I liked 'Born Again', I doubt that they'd do shows with Ian Gillan again.

Although, It'd be cool if he got up on stage with them as a guest during one of the H&H shows and did "Zero the Hero".

Mr. Vengeance
10-27-2006, 06:38 PM
LOL.

As much as I liked 'Born Again', I doubt that they'd do shows with Ian Gillan again.

Although, It'd be cool if he got up on stage with them as a guest during one of the H&H shows and did "Zero the Hero".

Hell...if he's doing a tune- do Digital Bitch!

Revan
10-28-2006, 03:21 AM
As long as we're throwing around set list ideas...my ideal one would go something like this:

E5150/Time Machine
Children of the Sea
Voodoo
New
New
TV Crimes
Slipping Away
Die Young
Country Girl
Heaven and Hell
Too Late
Lonely is the Word

Encore with:

The Mob Rules
Turn Up the Night
Neon Knights
Buried Alive

Basically, I really would like to hear Buried Alive, Turn Up the Night, Voodoo, and Slipping Away for sure, pretty much everything else is cool by me.

Panamark
10-28-2006, 11:59 PM
That's all BS.

Sharon obviously wanted to throw something out there to divert fan's excitement attention over Dio reuniting with the Sabs with talk of a new original Black Sabbath CD.

Not gonna happen. Its BS and Sharon's work.

It was nice of Ozzy though to wish Dio and Iommi all the best with this new project.

I guess this is why I still have a litte respect for the Ozzman..
The dude obviously escapes behind a constant wall of booze
and medication, but when he is given a chance to speak his
own mind, he says stuff like this. (With no pretension)

I say good onya Ozzy and Rock the fucking world
Heaven and Hell !!!

And *if* there is any truth in the original Black Sabbath
album coming out (ever) I reckon that would be cool too..

Fuck you Sharon !!! ITS ALL GOOD, ITS ALL SABBATH,
AND IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU !!!!!

bueno bob
10-29-2006, 11:52 AM

Been good, Bob.

Where ya been bro?? Things have picked up here in light of this and of course the CVH Reunion talk.

Been out playing rock star...a little, anyway...but I think my aspirations there are pretty much finally done, just don't have the drive that I used to...too many other things to deal with these days...

Always fun to horse around a bit, though.

Looks like I picked the right time to come back, although I seriously doubt I'll ever hit that 45 posts a day average again...lol...I should still have the winning record for number of posts in a single 24 hour period, so that'll have to do me.

Pathetic, the things I take pleasure in revelling in. Ain't that the truth!

Hardrock69
10-29-2006, 12:36 PM
Notice how it wasn't until the announcement I posted came out that Sharon/Ozzy suddenly starts claiming there will be a new BS album next year.

I think Tony, Geezer & Bill need to go ahead and do an H & H tour regardless of what that shit-eating goddamnable windbag has to say....

bueno bob
10-30-2006, 02:49 PM
It ain't gonna happen. I think Tony Iommi still has enough sense to realize that, while it'd sell like hotcakes for the first month, quality would be for shit once Sharon got her hands on it. Ozzy's day as a vocalist has long since come and gone, anyway.

Won't happen, hopefully. Even if Sharon/Ozzy start pushing HARD in that direction, Tony, Bill and Geezer will just be "too busy" to be available.

Reunion is a disasterous album for Ozzy vocally, and honestly proof positive why a new studio album SHOULD NOT happen.

Soul Reaper
10-30-2006, 02:54 PM
The geriatic frontman lives on.....

don't you think they might play some Dio stuff?.....that would be great too...

Atomic_Rob
11-03-2006, 07:15 PM
Real shame that Ozzy has gone back to his terrible solo career, I would love to have seen the REAL Black Sabbath again.

In this months classic rock magazine, there is a free DVD which contains Dio performing Long Live Rock and Roll. You think Ozzy's voice is bad? Dio's voice was just shocking, pure comedy value

Mezro
11-04-2006, 04:09 PM
This should be a slice of fucking Dungeons & Dragons wonder! Break out your black, twenty-sided dice; Dio is back in town!

Mezro...I love Sabbath with Yoda as the singer...even more than with Ozzy...god, I hope they bring back the stonehenge set...

Hardrock69
11-05-2006, 02:29 AM
Mezro! Whut UP dude! Long time no see!

Soul Reaper
11-05-2006, 08:37 AM
they had better play in the UK....and preferably somewhere near to me and not just London....

and I'm sure they'll play in Birmingham....

Mr. Vengeance
11-05-2006, 10:51 AM
The excitement of a Dio-led tour and possible new material had me excited, yet Sharon spouting about an original album and tour leaves me pissed, even though I prefer Ozzy by a mile. Why? Oz is tired, man...he's lost his voice. His solo albums are so harmonized that it sounds like a freaking computer singing. I mean, I have to think that Ozzy would have retired and enjoyed the fruits of his labour if the fat cunt wasn't shoving him back on stages 9 months a year, so she can buy another piece of antique furniture, and paying for her fat daughter's rehab.....

Dio would bring so much more to Sab than Ozzy could right now. But if they're going to record a new album as Black Sabbath, that will leave Dio out, and the fans will be the losers.

bueno bob
11-05-2006, 03:08 PM
Having just heard a Dio boot only a few months old (or so), I can honestly say Ronnie's voice is in top notch shape and he hasn't lost a bit of his edge. Sounded a wee bit winded towards the end of the show, but anybody at his age is going to be.

Sounds great on Holy Diver Live also, so...I have no clue what Atomic Rob is talking about...

It's about time Black Sabbath did something right. The Ozzy reunion was good for '97/'99, but it's been a dead horse ever since and Ozzy is a plain fucking joke.

Want Ozzy? Go watch some classic Ozzy on Youtube and hang on to the memories, because that's all that's left. Tony, Geezer, and Bill are still cranking out top notch music and Ronnie's MORE than the right choice for them.

By God, Black Sabbath is BACK FROM THE DEAD. And they can call it "Heaven and Hell" or whatever they want - fact is, it's BLACK SABBATH and it's REAL BLACK SABBATH, not the sad sack of shit excuse that Sharon turned it into over the last ten years.

I am REALLY excited!

rothdaddy
11-15-2006, 05:11 AM
I wonder what venues these guys will be able to fill up. I can't see them filling up an arena with 20,000 people.

Hardrock69
11-15-2006, 10:34 AM
That is ok, as I can easily see them filling up an arenad with 10-15,000 people.

Revan
11-24-2006, 04:52 AM
The latest -

Apparently Bill Ward is OUT and Vinny Appice is IN.

Which is probably more appropriate, anyway - considering all that Bill Ward did is the Heaven and Hell album (which he says he doesn't even remember recording) and a handful of dates on the tour before Vinny replaced him in 1980. Vinny stayed until Ronnie left in '82 after the Live Evil debacle and came back with Ronnie in '91 to do the Dehumanizer tour.

Thing is, Vinny played like shit on that tour, and Ronnie got pissed at Vinny for bolting from Dio in '99 to fill in for Bill Ward on the Sabbath Ozzfest tour that year. Ronnie had to replace Vinny with Simon Wright in the middle of the studio work and Ronnie apparently hasn't talked to Vinny since then.

Should be interesting to see if Ronnie and Vinny can get on with each other; might be another Black Sabbath lineup disaster.

I certainly hope not, I'm really looking forward to this.

RobTheCradle
11-24-2006, 07:02 AM
Chances of hitting Britain?

Mr Badguy
11-24-2006, 07:36 AM
Thing is, Vinny played like shit on that tour, and Ronnie got pissed at Vinny for bolting from Dio in '99 to fill in for Bill Ward on the Sabbath Ozzfest tour that year. Ronnie had to replace Vinny with Simon Wright in the middle of the studio work and Ronnie apparently hasn't talked to Vinny since then.

With all respect, how hard could it be to find a replacement for Vinny?

He`s a workmanlike drummer, nothing special.

Come to think of it, Simon Wright could be his pefect replacement.

He`s good but not great as well.

Revan
11-24-2006, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
With all respect, how hard could it be to find a replacement for Vinny?

He`s a workmanlike drummer, nothing special.

Come to think of it, Simon Wright could be his pefect replacement.

He`s good but not great as well.

Oh, don't mistake me - I'm not saying it'd be difficult to replace Vinny or anything, but I do think it's most fitting to have him there, considering he was the drummer for 99% of the time that RJD was with Sabbath - and this tour is supposed to emphase the RJD/Sabbath era, so I just think it's more appropriate to have Vinny there for it, even over Bill W.

Simon, of course, would work as well as anybody else would. Mike Bordin subbed for Bill W. back in '97 and '98, so maybe even he'd fill in again. Hell, I could do it. Anybody would work, but...do you want to see Mike Bordin or myself playing H&H, Mob, and Dehumanizer stuff behind the kit or would it be a bit cooler if it was Vinny?

My point, basically.

Vinnie Velvet
11-24-2006, 04:33 PM
I thought this was going to happen.

Bill is too loyal towards Ozzy for him to rejoin Dio (even if they're not calling themselves Black Sabbath).

I agree -- Vinny is more appropriate for this reformed lineup since he was there a little longer (not by much though).

Yeah, Ward was so fucked up on booze that he doesn't remember recording Heaven and Hell, and had to be replaced early on in the tour because he just couldn't do it (part of the whole thing had to do with him not dealing with the fact that ozzy was gone).

Revan
11-25-2006, 02:53 AM
Latest news from Tony's rep says this is a single disc collection spanning the H & H, Mob Rules and Dehumanizer albums, with two new songs (of three recorded) - Tony Iommi owns the name Black Sabbath, and Sharon has nothing to do with why it's being billed as "Heaven and Hell" - basically, Ronnie, Tony and Geezer got together on it, thought that since Ozzy fronted Sabbath had been inducted into the hall of fame, it would be confusing and maybe even less than accurate to go out as 'Black Sabbath', so they decided to call it 'Heaven and Hell'.

He won't comment on the drummer (Bill or Vinny) thing, but most news sources say Vinny's in and Bill's out.

He also says Tony and Geezer are "very excited" to be playing with Ronnie again because Ozzy's a "limited" vocalist and Tony and Geezer want to be playing 2 hour sets. Also confirms that the band will be out on tour for a year.

Revan
11-27-2006, 02:42 AM
Bill Ward made it official - he's out, Vinny's in, and he wishes them the best upcoming year.

Here they are with Eddie Trunk last week:

http://eddietrunk.com/images/nov06/TrunkSabbath.jpg

binnie
11-27-2006, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
That is ok, as I can easily see them filling up an arenad with 10-15,000 people.

Over here, 3000 tops.

Not having the name Black Sabbath won't help matters.

Still hope they play here though...

bueno bob
11-27-2006, 07:30 AM
They'll do well stateside, I think. Probably going to be a club tour, I'd imagine...I doubt they'll do the drawing power of Ozzy/Sabbath, which is kinda sad if you ask me...but they'll do a SOLD OUT club tour, which is good business anyway.

The name Black Sabbath on the project would help a lot, true.

binnie
11-27-2006, 08:58 AM
i'd actually rather see bands like that in a big club than an enormadome, there's more ambience - it's like listening to old records on vinyll over CD.....

bueno bob
11-27-2006, 09:17 AM
I can get closer to the stage.

It's scary being that close to Tony Iommi. His Godhood has a tendancy to overshadow everything...

bueno bob
11-27-2006, 09:18 AM
You throw Geezer Butler and Ronnie James Dio into the mix? I'll be lucky to come out of my coma in a week and let you all know how the concert went...

Hardrock69
11-27-2006, 11:00 AM
I seriously agree!!!

I would like to see them do arenas if they can draw the crowds necessary, simply because I want to see this tour be a raging success.

However, I would dig the shit out of a smaller venue tour. I love shows where I am so close to Metal Gods that I can almost reach out and touch them.

Either way...this is gonna RULE!

If they do not come to Gnashville, I will go where ever they are playing nearby. Road Trip for sure!!!

:D

bueno bob
11-27-2006, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
I seriously agree!!!

I would like to see them do arenas if they can draw the crowds necessary, simply because I want to see this tour be a raging success.

However, I would dig the shit out of a smaller venue tour. I love shows where I am so close to Metal Gods that I can almost reach out and touch them.

Either way...this is gonna RULE!

If they do not come to Gnashville, I will go where ever they are playing nearby. Road Trip for sure!!!

:D

First rounds on me! :)

binnie
11-27-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
I can get closer to the stage.

It's scary being that close to Tony Iommi. His Godhood has a tendancy to overshadow everything...

Ha Ha, i know how you feel, I've had some seriously speechless and dumbfounded moments infront of people I admire...

Mr. Vengeance
11-28-2006, 09:02 PM
That sucks. But I suppose Vinny did play most of the Dio material anyway. Just sucks anyway.

Vinnie Velvet
12-07-2006, 05:00 PM
Bill Ward made it official - he's out, Vinny's in, and he wishes them the best upcoming year.

Here they are with Eddie Trunk last week:

http://eddietrunk.com/images/nov06/TrunkSabbath.jpg

Cool photo.

Ronnie is certainly showing his age though.

Who cares.

HEAVEN AND HELL 2007!!!!

Whoo-hoo!!!