PDA

View Full Version : [i]"Oh no he didn't"[/i] yup..he went there.

Steve Savicki
10-26-2006, 05:50 PM
<center>http://www.kinkyfriedman.com/xcart/files/Blake/t_16133.jpg</center>

So what do you all think:

http://kinkyfriedman.com/issues/

Why the hell not?
Texas politics stinks.

The parties sell themselves to big donors, lobbyists control the legislature's agenda, and the top fundraising groups in the state are being indicted for money laundering. Corruption and big money have such a chokehold that the two major parties blew $100 million in the last governor's race to elect a candidate to a job that pays $100,000 a year. And for all that money spent, less than 30% of us bothered to show up at the polls.

Why? Because it's hard to stand in line at the ballot box when neither candidate promises anything more than politics as usual. Texans are the most independent people in America, and if we're going to be inspired, the inspiration will come from someone unafraid to deal in new ideas and honest answers, an independent leader who lets the people call the plays instead of dancing to the tune of the money men.

That kind of leader is never going to look or sound like a politician. He won't steer by image polls, speak in hollow phrases approved by focus groups, or show up in hand-tailored suits.

You'll know him when you see him—true Texas leaders are unmistakable. After all, the last independent governor of Texas was Sam Houston. The next will be Kinky Friedman.
How hard could it be?
Kinky's Common-Sense Priorities
Education

Texas has the second-largest population of any state in the country and three of the ten largest cities. That's an awfully big cart to pull with the horsepower we're currently giving our kids in Texas schools. An educated workforce and top-notch schools are essential to keeping our state attractive to new business, but we're failing the test.

* Texas has the 8th largest economy in the world, but we're 1st in drop-out rates and 32nd in education spending in the country.
* Teachers' salaries in Texas are over $6,000 below the national average. This lack of respect for the people who do our state's most important job must stop. As governor, Kinky will work to make sure that teachers are paid what they're worth. Period.
* The TAKS test and its predecessor, TAAS, were invented essentially to make legislators look good on education. But studies show that rigid enforcement of standardized test scores doesn't help kids learn or make teachers more effective. Teach to the test and kids will learn the test—but not much else.

Healthcare

Texas ranks rock-bottom in providing for the basic needs of its youngest and poorest residents. More than one fifth of Texas children have no health insurance at all.

In 2003, Texas legislators slashed the Children's Health Insurance Program, pulling the rug out from under 170,000 kids. Not only did this put more of our children at risk, it ended up costing the state tens of thousands of health care jobs and $16 billion in lost productivity. Kinky believes this is reckless and short-sighted—no way to invest in the future of Texas.

We're a state that prides itself on friendliness and responsibility, but the message we're sending our kids is that if you're going to be born poor, you'd better not be born in Texas.
Renewable Energy

It's time for Texas to reclaim bragging rights as an energy icon. As governor, Kinky will accomplish that by encouraging investment and innovation in new methods of electricity generation and new fuels like biodiesel.

Think these are fringe technologies? Think again. Wind power plants, solar power arrays, and landfill gas capture systems are already in operation across Texas in cities from Fort Stockton to Fort Worth. Texas has been called "the Saudi Arabia of renewable energy," and firms from TXU to Kyocera are already clamoring for a piece of the action.

* Texas is #1 in renewable energy. Developing our state's staggering potential in wind, solar, and biofuels will lead to a more independent Texas and help every Texan's bottom line.
* Biodiesel—it's good enough for Willie Nelson's tour bus, and the city of Denton is using it to fuel their entire fleet of diesel trucks. Biodiesel is fuel you can grow. That's good for farmers, good for the air, good for the Texas energy industry and good for Texans. With biodiesel, everybody wins but OPEC.

LoungeMachine
10-26-2006, 06:11 PM
*yawn*

Steve, wake me when you're over....

FORD
10-26-2006, 09:59 PM
If I lived in Texas, I'd consider voting for Kinky. The other choices on the ballot are....

1) Chimpy's hand picked successor Rick "good head" Perry, Log Cabin Republican

2) Chris Bell, DLC "Democrat"

3) Scottie "the Duck" McClellan's mama

Given that competition, even redneck Texans might well vote for an aging Jewish hippie radical.

What about you, Doc? (I think you're the only Texan we got around here)

matt19
10-27-2006, 01:33 AM
ZZZZZZZZZZ!

Roy Munson
10-27-2006, 10:07 AM
I like Kinky and I actually think he will win, but how effective he will be is another story.

Here in Minnesota we had Jesse Ventura and he shook things up at first only to fade into a milktoast presense toward the end.

LoungeMachine
10-27-2006, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Roy Munson
I like Kinky and I actually think he will win, but how effective he will be is another story.

Here in Minnesota we had Jesse Ventura and he shook things up at first only to fade into a milktoast presense toward the end.

Roy!!!!

Welcome back, man :cool:

Glad to see the Secret Service dropped the charges ;)

Roy Munson
10-27-2006, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Roy!!!!

Welcome back, man :cool:

Glad to see the Secret Service dropped the charges ;)

Charges? What charges?

:D

Steve Savicki
10-27-2006, 11:24 AM
Hey yo Roy, how are ya?

Roy Munson
10-27-2006, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
Hey yo Roy, how are ya?

I'm ahhhhhight. You?

:D

Steve Savicki
10-27-2006, 12:05 PM
Work has me busy, but I pop in here from time to time.

Roy Munson
10-27-2006, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
Work has me busy, but I pop in here from time to time.

Yeah, me too. I'm hoping things will settle down a bit so I can do the same.

Steve Savicki
10-27-2006, 03:48 PM
Forgot, where do you work again?

Guitar Shark
10-27-2006, 03:58 PM
Don't answer that... he never forgets.

Dr. Love
10-27-2006, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Don't answer that... he never forgets.

LOL, I think he means he lost his file he had on Roy. I'm convinced that's what he does.

Anyway, Kinky won't win, and I don't plan on voting. Kinky is not much more (in my opinion) than a bunch of one-liners. Entertaining idea, but there's not really much there.

I don't feel like wasting my vote on anyone here. I'm gonna save it and use it next election.

Steve Savicki
10-27-2006, 07:53 PM
So there's no royal purple candidate this time round?

Little Texan
10-27-2006, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by FORD
What about you, Doc? (I think you're the only Texan we got around here)

The only Texan around here, he says! I'm voting for Kinky Friedman, as none of the other candidates impress me much. I know one thing...I sure as hell ain't voting for Rick Perry!

FORD
10-27-2006, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Little Texan
The only Texan around here, he says! I'm voting for Kinky Friedman, as none of the other candidates impress me much. I know one thing...I sure as hell ain't voting for Rick Perry!

Shit.... sorry about that! They say the memory is the first thing to go when you hit 40.