PDA

View Full Version : Alice in Chains Jar of Flies

The_KiD
10-29-2006, 11:56 AM
You ever pull out an album that you have easily heard tons of times and give it a listen and WOW it just strikes you as great. On weekends I try to spend a decent amount of time sifting through my music collection and this AM I was tempted this album twice I enjoyed it so much..

What a great band..

Anyway, just thought I would share..

KiD

Matt White
10-29-2006, 11:59 AM
Yup....

Makes me nostalgic for the 90's....

ALinChainz
10-29-2006, 12:01 PM
Any AIC ... at about 10 on the stereo ...

POJO_Risin
10-29-2006, 12:07 PM
Sometimes it's easy to forget HOW GOOD THEY WERE...because they never get the press that others get...

Unchainme
10-29-2006, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Sometimes it's easy to forget HOW GOOD THEY WERE...because they never get the press that others get...

Defintly...

It's also funny to see these tools in Nu Metal Bands try to imitate Layne..And they never give AIC any of the credit...

Layne to me...Is like the Jim Morrison of the 90's, in terms of influence and talent..

binnie
10-30-2006, 08:55 AM
One of the great heavy bands. Ever. Period.

Can't think of many bands who managed to be so heavy and so melodic at the same time, or equally effective both unplugged aand fully rocked out.

Killer records....

DLR7884
10-30-2006, 12:37 PM
Great band, too bad they are under rated and always get grouped in with "grunge."

DLR7884
Fuck that.

Matt White
10-31-2006, 10:25 AM
WHALE & WASP is a killer instrumental..................

Padre Atilio
10-31-2006, 12:19 PM
My favourite one from AIC is their first album Facelift of course... anyones else ?

amadeus
10-31-2006, 12:35 PM
What made them so great was tight musicianship and thought-provoking lyrics. They just didn't come together and try to take advantage of the grunge music scene like some bands did; they embraced it and took it to the next level. Any music by Alice In Chains sounds as fresh today as it did when it first came out. Another thing is that of all the bands that came out during that time like Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, etc; you hardly ever hear anyone say that AIC put out a subpar album like you hear about other bands.

m_dixon1984
10-31-2006, 12:59 PM
Well I'm going to be the dissenting voice on this band. Can't stand them. Based entirely on seeing them live when they toured with VanHagar in 90 or 91. In my opinion they are just the same as all the other whiney grunge bands of the time. I've become slightly more tolerant of bands like Pearl Jam and Soundgarden but not AIC, to this point. Like I said...all because of one lousy live performance that I'll never forget.

M

Matt White
10-31-2006, 05:41 PM
Saw them open for KISS in 1996...at TIGER STADIUM....

KILLER LIVE BAND

GRATE sense of humor................

Eyes of the Night
10-31-2006, 06:06 PM
I met AIC at a "dirt" release pasrty at tower records in seattle ... got my bag of dirt and a signed marlboro pack of reds signed by the drummer and bass player at the time ...

Layne and Cantrell were nowhere to be found ...

:smoke2:

BruinJer
11-01-2006, 07:40 AM
Their image and sound were so original... VERY underrated!

binnie
11-02-2006, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Padre Atilio
My favourite one from AIC is their first album Facelift of course... anyones else ?

Dirt is my favourite - a landmark album for music, IMO.

Followed closely by Unplugged because it's a heart wrenching performance from Lane.

But I love Facelift too, the dark aggression, the sheer range of songs.

I still listen to it all the way through like once every two weeks, and I can't say that about many albums...

Eyes of the Night
11-02-2006, 07:02 PM
Yo binnie, gave ya 5 star broham ...

Did you know Dirt was recorded with 5150 amps and the EVH musicman? ...

Yeah man, Eddie gave Jerry a whole setup on the Facelift tour when AIC opened up for Halen:cool: ...

MERRYKISSMASS2U
11-02-2006, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Padre Atilio

Dirt.

rustoffa
11-02-2006, 10:24 PM
Gave the "Mad Season" disc a listen the other day....everybody bags on it. Pretty good in my book.

rustoffa
11-02-2006, 10:26 PM
Anyone else think that project comes off as a "let's jam with Layne while he's still alive" deal?

Eyes of the Night
11-03-2006, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
Anyone else think that project comes off as a "let's jam with Layne while he's still alive" deal?

Hmmm ... wella here's my spin on it ... there was a break in both bands schedules at the time giving them about a year to do this ... I'm still amazed they pulled it off ... with an unknown drummer and bassist to boot ...

and yeah, a bit of "let's jam with Layne while he's still alive" deal ... gave ya a 5 star roostaffa!:D

Golden AWe
11-03-2006, 06:40 PM
"Rain when I die"..."Got me wrong"..."Am I inside"..."We die young"..."Them bones"..."Angry chair"...the list of grate songs is endless.

I've heard two kinds of bootlegs, good and bad...the bad ones were still pretty good, they just sang the harmonies like shit on some songs...but can't cuntplain.

Along with Soundgarden, definetely my fav band of the 90's...

rustoffa
11-04-2006, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Eyes
Hmmm ... wella here's my spin on it ... there was a break in both bands schedules at the time giving them about a year to do this ... I'm still amazed they pulled it off ... with an unknown drummer and bassist to boot ...

McCready was Mack-Ready!!!
:(