PDA

View Full Version : Who Should Apologize?

DEMON CUNT
11-02-2006, 01:23 AM
Exactly!

http://static.crooksandliars.com/2006/11/whoshouldapologize_0001.jpg

Crooks and Liars Video: Who Should Apologize? (http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/11/01/who-should-apologize/)

How many of you neocons thought this joke was funny?

Ellyllions
11-02-2006, 08:24 AM
Depends on who's laughing and how much time we're talking about.

Did the soldiers respond to Bush's joke?
While 2812 dead has a span of 4 years or so...the Kerry joke just happened.

Funny thing about this is that the Insurgents are using the idea that it's ok to kill American soldiers because they are uneducated, bottom of the barrell of our citizens...and then Kerry fucks up a joke and ends up sounding like he's in agreement?

I'm sorry, but every one of you that tries to defend this issue comes across as blind as the people you've labeled as "Bushsheep".

I'm thinking the same thing right now that you think about me DC, why in the world are you even trying...

And I'll tell you this. Today I'm thankful that I didn't vote for Kerry in '04. And I'm still baffled at the Democratic party for thinking he was the best they had to offer.

BigBadBrian
11-02-2006, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Ellyllions

And I'll tell you this. Today I'm thankful that I didn't vote for Kerry in '04. And I'm still baffled at the Democratic party for thinking he was the best they had to offer.

Yeah, amazing, huh?

I think Wes Clark was their best shot.

Sadly, most Americans want to vote for a winner and follow the lead of the winner of the first primaries.

I think all primaries, both Republican and Democrat, should be held on the same day in ALL states. Even have the D and R primary on different days, as long as it is that same day in all states.

knuckleboner
11-02-2006, 10:58 AM
Funny thing about this is that the Insurgents are using the idea that it's ok to kill American soldiers because they are uneducated, bottom of the barrell of our citizens

huh? i think the insurgents are killing American soliders because that's who's between them and power. if we fielded a squad of mensas out there, the insurgents would act no differently.

and i totally agree, BBB. i've never liked the way they do presidential primaries.

Nickdfresh
11-02-2006, 11:12 AM
LOL Look at the double standards and lies in this thread!

Troops haven't responded to Bush's lies? yes, they have!

And what if troops tried to display a banner mocking Bushleague? You know what would happen, they could be charged with sedition, or some sort of trumped up violation of their "chain of command" charges!

http://cache.deadspin.com/sports/pattillmanenlisted.jpg

BTW, contents of this letter apply to many here:

After Pat's Birthday

By KEVIN TILLMAN

It is Pat's birthday on November 6, and elections are the day after. It gets me thinking about a conversation I had with Pat before we joined the military. He spoke about the risks with signing the papers. How once we committed, we were at the mercy of the American leadership and the American people. How we could be thrown in a direction not of our volition. How fighting as a soldier would leave us without a voice... until we get out.

Much has happened since we handed over our voice: Somehow we were sent to invade a nation because it was a direct threat to the American people, or to the world, or harbored terrorists, or was involved in the September 11 attacks, or received weapons-grade uranium from Niger, or had mobile weapons labs, or WMD, or had a need to be liberated, or we needed to establish a democracy, or stop an insurgency, or stop a civil war we created that can't be called a civil war even though it is. Something like that.

Somehow America has become a country that projects everything that it is not and condemns everything that it is.

Somehow our elected leaders were subverting international law and humanity by setting up secret prisons around the world, secretly kidnapping people, secretly holding them indefinitely, secretly not charging them with anything, secretly torturing them. Somehow that overt policy of torture became the fault of a few "bad apples" in the military. Somehow back at home, support for the soldiers meant having a five-year-old kindergartener scribble a picture with crayons and send it overseas, or slapping stickers on cars, or lobbying Congress for an extra pad in a helmet. It's interesting that a soldier on his third or fourth tour should care about a drawing from a five-year-old; or a faded sticker on a car as his friends die around him; or an extra pad in a helmet, as if it will protect him when an IED throws his vehicle 50 feet into the air as his body comes apart and his skin melts to the seat.

Somehow the more soldiers that die, the more legitimate the illegal invasion becomes.

Somehow American leadership, whose only credit is lying to its people and illegally invading a nation, has been allowed to steal the courage, virtue and honor of its soldiers on the ground.

Somehow those afraid to fight an illegal invasion decades ago are allowed to send soldiers to die for an illegal invasion they started.

Somehow faking character, virtue and strength is tolerated.

Somehow profiting from tragedy and horror is tolerated.

Somehow the death of tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of people is tolerated.

Somehow subversion of the Bill of Rights and The Constitution is tolerated.

Somehow suspension of Habeas Corpus is supposed to keep this country safe.

Somehow torture is tolerated.

Somehow lying is tolerated.

Somehow reason is being discarded for faith, dogma, and nonsense. Somehow American leadership managed to create a more dangerous world.

Somehow a narrative is more important than reality.

Somehow America has become a country that projects everything that it is not and condemns everything that it is.

Somehow the most reasonable, trusted and respected country in the world has become one of the most irrational, belligerent, feared, and distrusted countries in the world.

Somehow being politically informed, diligent, and skeptical has been replaced by apathy through active ignorance.

Somehow the same incompetent, narcissistic, virtueless, vacuous, malicious criminals are still in charge of this country.

Somehow this is tolerated.

Somehow nobody is accountable for this. In a democracy, the policy of the leaders is the policy of the people. So don't be shocked when our grandkids bury much of this generation as traitors to the nation, to the world and to humanity. Most likely, they will come to know that "somehow" was nurtured by fear, insecurity and indifference, leaving the country vulnerable to unchecked, unchallenged parasites.

Luckily this country is still a democracy.

People still have a voice.

People still can take action.

It can start after Pat's birthday.

Brother and Friend of Pat Tillman,

Kevin Tillman

Ellyllions
11-02-2006, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
LOL Look at the double standards in this thread!

ROFLMAO!

*I took out "the lies" part, because I can't attest truth to anything anyone else but me has posted in this thread.

DEMON CUNT
11-02-2006, 09:00 PM

Depends on who's laughing and how much time we're talking about.

Did the soldiers respond to Bush's joke? While 2812 dead has a span of 4 years or so...the Kerry joke just happened.

Huh? The crowd laughed at Kerry's "joke" because they heard it in context. Surely you have seen the whole clip since you are such an authority on the event.

Bush's "joke" was not broadcast 24/7 for several days so it remains relatively obscure. When did you first see this clip?

So Kerry's words spark outrage and Bush's do not? Are your anti-depressants also anti-common sense?

Funny thing about this is that the Insurgents are using the idea that it's ok to kill American soldiers because they are uneducated, bottom of the barrell of our citizens...and then Kerry fucks up a joke and ends up sounding like he's in agreement?

Funny thing? Just what is funny about this?

Our troops are seen as a foreign occupying force in their country. A majority of the Iraqis want us out. How do you think Americans would react to a foreign military occupying our country?

Would we greet them as liberators?

Do you honestly believe that the insurgents are inspired by Kerry words? That is very presumptuous of you. Or you heard that from your favorite pundit and you are regurgitating again.

I'm sorry, but every one of you that tries to defend this issue comes across as blind as the people you've labeled as "Bushsheep".

You are "sorry, but"? What exactly are you apologizing for? For hijacking something stupid this dumb ass said and politicizing it?

Did you know that John Boehner just blamed the Generals for the situation in Iraq? No outrage from you over that.

I am not defending Kerry. I am challenging the distortion that you and other disingenuous conservatives are perpetrating.

I'm thinking the same thing right now that you think about me DC, why in the world are you even trying...

Really? What exactly do you believe I am thinking?

Please don't assume that you and I are ever thinking the same fucking thing.

So you voted for "stay the course" and you believe that Bush is/was the best that the Republican's have to offer. Correct?

No wonder you can so casually refer to the "2812 dead has a span of 4 years" early in your post. You are just pretending to care about the troops.

LoungeMachine
11-03-2006, 12:12 AM
Damn.

Elly now has "Property of Demon Cunt" tattooed on her little MILF forehead......

Ellyllions
11-03-2006, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
Huh? The crowd laughed at Kerry's "joke" because they heard it in context. Surely you have seen the whole clip since you are such an authority on the event.

Bush's "joke" was not broadcast 24/7 for several days so it remains relatively obscure. When did you first see this clip?

So Kerry's words spark outrage and Bush's do not? Are your anti-depressants also anti-common sense?

Funny thing? Just what is funny about this?

Our troops are seen as a foreign occupying force in their country. A majority of the Iraqis want us out. How do you think Americans would react to a foreign military occupying our country?

Would we greet them as liberators?

Do you honestly believe that the insurgents are inspired by Kerry words? That is very presumptuous of you. Or you heard that from your favorite pundit and you are regurgitating again.

You are "sorry, but"? What exactly are you apologizing for? For hijacking something stupid this dumb ass said and politicizing it?

Did you know that John Boehner just blamed the Generals for the situation in Iraq? No outrage from you over that.

I am not defending Kerry. I am challenging the distortion that you and other disingenuous conservatives are perpetrating.

Really? What exactly do you believe I am thinking?

Please don't assume that you and I are ever thinking the same fucking thing.

So you voted for "stay the course" and you believe that Bush is/was the best that the Republican's have to offer. Correct?

No wonder you can so casually refer to the "2812 dead has a span of 4 years" early in your post. You are just pretending to care about the troops.

:D
Oh, so much arrogance.

It's cool though.
I understand everything you've said here and it was pretty easy to swallow as I knowingly instigated a flaming response from you.

Lemme just sum up by saying one last thing about the whole Kerry issue as I'm pretty bored with it now.

It wasn't a HUGE deal for me. It was just one moment in all of this when a Democrat who's heavily supported by it's followers had a very Bush moment. Funny as shit actually because in my mind, it leveled the playing field. Proving that one side of the aisle is just as dumb as the other.

The truth of how Kerry's words were important came straight out of Iraq by the Guard from Minnesota. They heard it and responded on their own. The rest of the political battle over it is just rhetoric.

I might be a registered Republican but I'm not about to openly battle or denegrade anyone who isn't, on behalf of the Republican politicians, their issues, or their deeds. I don't identify myself with politics. So, you have your say and it's respected. Whether you like it or not.

And I swear not to ever assume that you and I are thinking the same thing ever again. Point taken.:D

Ellyllions
11-03-2006, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Damn.

Elly now has "Property of Demon Cunt" tattooed on her little MILF forehead......

Nah, baby oil took it right off.

Nickdfresh
11-03-2006, 08:49 AM
:D
Oh, so much arrogance.

It's hard not to have it with so much ignorance...

The gratuitous assertions of hysteria meant for consumption in the trough by the Sheeple will not fly here...

Ellyllions
11-03-2006, 08:51 AM
Eh, I don't care.
I know I'm not ignorant. I don't need my mental aptitude to be confirmed by anyone.