PDA

View Full Version : Facts Are Stubborn Things

BigBadBrian
11-04-2006, 12:50 PM
FACTS ARE STUBBORN THINGS Our friend Dan Clifton at the American Shareholder Association sends along this "Harpers Index"-style look at the "Bush tax cuts by the numbers." What more should any citizen or legislator need to know?

$14,374,330,000,000 Total Increase in Household Wealth Since April 2003

$5,700,000,000,000 Total Increase in Shareholder Wealth Since May 20, 2003
$863,654,000,000 Total Amount of Tax Cuts Enacted Since Fiscal Year 2003

$783,890,000,000 Total Amount of Additional Tax Cuts to be Returned to Taxpayers Through 2010

$625,000,000,000 Total Increase in Federal Tax Revenues Since FY 2003

$207,788,000,000 Reduction in the Deficit in the Past 29 Months Due to Stronger Economic Growth

$98,600,000,000 Combined Income Gains for Shareholders From Dividend Increases & Tax Savings 03-05

$62,000,000,000 Surplus of Capital Gains Tax Revenue Not Accounted For By Revenue Estimators

$60,000,000,000 Deficit REDUCTION Since the Tax Cut Was Signed Into Law

300,001,643 Total Number of Americans benefiting from President Bush’s Tax Cut

91,000,000 Number of Individuals Owning Shares of Stock in America

23,000,000 Number of Small Businesses Benefiting from Income Tax Reductions

6,600,000 Number of Jobs Created Since the Tax Cut Was Signed Into Law

12,000 The Magic Number of the Dow Jones Industrial Index is an Arms Length Away

$2,092 Tax Increase for a Family of Four With $50k of Income if Tax Cuts Are Repealed

200 Number of House Members Who Voted Against This Growth Generating Tax Cut

50 Number of US Senators Who Voted Against This Growth Generating Tax Cut

25 Number of Years Dividend Paying Companies Declined Prior to the 2003 Tax Cut

164.0% % Increase in the Dividend Tax Rate if the Income and Dividend Tax Cuts Expire

123.0% % Increase in Dividend Income and Share Repurchases Since 2003 Tax Cut

91.0% % Increase of Stock Ownership in the Bottom Quintile of Income Distribution Since 1995

74.0% % Increase in S&P 500 Companies Boosting Their Dividend Since 2002

65.0% % of Voters Who Were Investors in the 2004 Elections

51.2% % of Total Tax Cut “Cost” That Has Been Recouped From Higher Levels of Growth

14.0% % Margin of Victory for Republicans From Investor Voters in 2002 Elections

4.6% Unemployment Rate Which Continues To Disprove the Constant Economic Pessimism

3.7% % Average Quarterly GDP Growth Since Tax Cut Was Enacted (long run average is 3.3%)

Link (http://www.poorandstupid.com/2006_10_15_chronArchive.asp#116117823731413421)

DEMON CUNT
11-04-2006, 01:01 PM
Facts are stubborn things. Conveniently, numbers are easily manipulated.

http://www.imageandnarrative.be/surrealism/images/hackenschmidt12.jpg

Never mind the dead bodies! Enjoy the windfall, America!

BigBadBrian
11-04-2006, 07:39 PM
Nice dodge, KKKunt.

I knew you couldn't debate simple economics.

:cool:

DEMON CUNT
11-04-2006, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by BigBlandBlowjob (R - Retarded)

The subject of economics is not so simple, simpleton.

Are you actually going to debate, offer analysis or simply "stay the course" and copy/paste more of your bullshit?

LoungeMachine
11-04-2006, 07:49 PM
Couldn't?

or wouldn't.

You know damn good and well debating economics when both sides have an agenda is pointless.

Every number can be countered when it comes to these stats. There is no single "truth", and you know it.

But nice dodge from the real issues today.

Don't you just wish for the days you had flag burning, fag burning, and those pesky brown people to worry voters about?

Shit, these days you have to cling to a fucked up Kerry joke for any hope or prayer....

LMMFAO

Trust me Brie, you're going to wish I closed this.

And the Crickets Will Chirp.

DEMON CUNT
11-04-2006, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Don't you just wish for the days you had flag burning, fag burning, and those pesky brown people to worry voters about?

Ha ha!

BigBland owned again like a Cheney hunting buddy.

http://www.nndb.com/people/358/000113019/harry_peppered.jpg

BigBadBrian
11-05-2006, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Couldn't?

or wouldn't.

You know damn good and well debating economics when both sides have an agenda is pointless.

Every number can be countered when it comes to these stats. There is no single "truth", and you know it.

You're wrong, as usual. These points can be debated by those who know of economics. That includes me and excludes you. Do you even know the difference between macro and microeconomics without Googling it?

I doubt it. :)

But nice dodge from the real issues today.

Real issues? Aren't tax cuts and the US Economy "real issues?"

Oh yeah, I forget...only issues you and Nick declare "real" are in play for debate in this forum, correct? I gotcha. ;)

Shit, these days you have to cling to a fucked up Kerry joke for any hope or prayer....

LMMFAO

And the Crickets Will Chirp.

Wished you closed this? Not hardly.

Come bring an argument on the facts above...if you can.

It might take a post with facts, rather than the name-calling drivel you always post. Good luck.

Nickdfresh
11-05-2006, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Nice dodge, KKKunt.

:cool:

Who's "KKKunt?"

Oh, oh yeah!
http://www.victorynh.com/images/allen-football.jpg
The racists you vote for.

Nickdfresh
11-05-2006, 08:25 AM
You're wrong, as usual. These points can be debated by those who know of economics. That includes me and excludes you. Do you even know the difference between macro and microeconomics without Googling it?

I doubt it. :)

LOL Do you mean "having we passed Economics 101?" Yes Bri, unlike you, I have a college degree.

Real issues? Aren't tax cuts and the US Economy "real issues?"

Oh yeah, I forget...only issues you and Nick declare "real" are in play for debate in this forum, correct? I gotcha. ;)

Actually, no. The Tax cuts a largely a lie and have little positive effect on everyday Americans, especially when you're putting that extra $300 in your gas tank.

Wished you closed this? Not hardly.

Come bring an argument on the facts above...if you can.

Okay, how about comparisons to The Great Depression?:

Americans' Debt: Worse Than You Think?
by Laura Rowley (http://finance.yahoo.com/columnist/article/moneyhappy/2643?p=1)

Friday, February 17, 2006
[Laura Rowley]

You've probably heard that the American savings rate for 2005 was negative 0.5 percent, the lowest since the Great Depression. The annual savings rate has been negative only twice -- in 1932 and 1933, during the Great Depression.

But Americans may be saving even less than the government reports. Consider the way the Commerce Department's Bureau of Economic Analysis calculates the savings rate: It takes a household's after-tax income (wages, salaries, interest income, rental income, dividends, social security, unemployment benefits, etc.) and subtracts spending on consumer goods and services (food, clothing, entertainment, etc). Whatever's left over is savings. But the government doesn't figure housing expenses into the spending-saving calculation since it views housing as an investment.

That's problematic, according to Paul Kasriel, director of economic research at Northern Trust in Chicago. "I see a lot of people buying houses that seem to have a very large consumption element to them -- like granite kitchen countertops and the huge increase in square footage per person."

It might take a post with facts, rather than the name-calling drivel you always post. Good luck.

You're such an intellectually feeble pussy Brianne, you've just described about 90% of your posts.

And BTW, I've owned your hick ass regarding economics more times than I can count fool...

BigBadBrian
11-05-2006, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
LOL Do you mean "having we passed Economics 101?" Yes Bri, unlike you, I have a college degree.

Actually, no. The Tax cuts a largely a lie and have little positive effect on everyday Americans, especially when you're putting that extra $300 in your gas tank.

Okay, how about comparisons to The Great Depression?:

You're such an intellectually feeble pussy Brianne, you've just described about 90% of your posts.

And BTW, I've owned your hick ass regarding economics more times than I can count fool...

Nick, You have a degree? A degree in PhyEd means nothing. :D

I have a B.S.B.A. and am close to my MBA from William and Mary. :)

Your jealousy of my intellectual superiority shines through in every post you make.

BTW - your arguments above have no worthwhile merit. Keep trying.

:gulp:

Nickdfresh
11-05-2006, 09:43 AM
Nick, You have a degree? A degree in PhyEd means nothing. :D

I have a B.S.B.A. and am close to my MBA from William and Mary. :)

It's pretty sad as to how dumb you are then. You definitely have the B.S. though. I think you should ask for your money back.

BTW, and MBA is largely useless nowadays. And I'd not be surprised if you were completely making this up, since you've frequently made claims here you cannot substantiate and have become little more than a blathering troll in this forum. (Like developing software *snicker*)

Your jealousy of my intellectual superiority shines through in every post you make.

BTW - your arguments above have no worthwhile merit. Keep trying.

Oh yeah, whining op-ed troll says what?

Dude, you're a mimicking clown that has no game, nor any originality. No wonder you need to be told what to think. like a good dummycon.

And BTW, your redundant flamings tantamount to "my arguments are good, yours are bad" is the basest, most idiotic form of sophism. You should have learned that in Philosophy 101.

BTW, if I were a gym teacher, I'd say how does it feel to have your ass own3d by a gym teacher? That would make it sweeter all the while...

DEMON CUNT
11-05-2006, 11:32 AM
BigBland, your silly posturing couldn't possibly be considered debate.

You copy/paste then tell everyone how intelligent you perceive yourself to be. Hardly the behaviour of an educated person.

knuckleboner
11-05-2006, 02:50 PM
am close to my MBA from William and Mary. :)

(shitty school. only idiots have degrees from there...;))

however, what's the benefits of the tax cuts?

the median household incomes in the U.S. from 2003 to 2005 (latest data available) have risen 6.944%. not horrible, but nothing special over 2 years. and is that actually all a result of the tax cuts? no, of course not.

at the same time, the percentage of persons below the poverty rate has risen from 12.5% to 12.6%.

so what effect have the tax cuts really had?

(U.S. census data: 2003 median household income = $43,318. poverty rate = 12.5% (http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/00000.html), 2005 median household income = $46,326. poverty rate = 12.6% (http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/www/releases/archives/income_wealth/007419.html))

Hardrock69
11-06-2006, 02:00 AM
My problems with the trained monkey in the White House have nothing to do with economics.

Most people who have a problem with the trained monkey do not like the policies that sent us to war based on lies.

For that, the trained monkey and all of his conspirators in the BCE should be tried for Treason.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
11-06-2006, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
My problems with the trained monkey in the White House have nothing to do with economics.

Most people who have a problem with the trained monkey do not like the policies that sent us to war based on lies.

For that, the trained monkey and all of his conspirators in the BCE should be tried for Treason.

Wow, I never would have thought it was possible, but HR gets it absolutely right.

Bush's economic policies HAVE been successful and he HAS kept the campaign promises that led publications like the WSJ to endorse his nomination at the RNC and of course the general elections in 2000.

Don't forget - when Bush was campaigning foreign policy was something he admitted he knew nothing about - and that he'd have folks like Cheney and Rumsfeld at his side to tackle that area of the administration. Bush was ALWAYS about his domestic economic agenda - that was his original entire platform, What he knows he's done VERY well with. (long term detrimental results discounteed...for now)

But the reason Bush and his party need to be feel the sting tomorrow is b/c of the policies and failures - and lies - that his leadership have brought to the country he represents.

Vote Democrat.

BigBadBrian
11-07-2006, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
(shitty school. only idiots have degrees from there...;))

Yeah, especially attorneys. j/k :D

BigBadBrian
11-07-2006, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
It's pretty sad as to how dumb you are then. You definitely have the B.S. though. I think you should ask for your money back.

BTW, and MBA is largely useless nowadays. And I'd not be surprised if you were completely making this up, since you've frequently made claims here you cannot substantiate and have become little more than a blathering troll in this forum. (Like developing software *snicker*)

Oh yeah, whining op-ed troll says what?

Dude, you're a mimicking clown that has no game, nor any originality. No wonder you need to be told what to think. like a good dummycon.

And BTW, your redundant flamings tantamount to "my arguments are good, yours are bad" is the basest, most idiotic form of sophism. You should have learned that in Philosophy 101.

BTW, if I were a gym teacher, I'd say how does it feel to have your ass own3d by a gym teacher? That would make it sweeter all the while...

Nick, you're just being a little snot. In the realm of all things in this world, you're opinion means nothing. You're jealousy is quite detrimental to your health, you know. :)

You try to mimick me, but come off like someone that was marked on his kindergarten report card with the remark, "Does not get along well with classmates." Do try to behave in here.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
11-07-2006, 09:18 AM

You try to mimick me, :

First of all, you walking duncecap, it's "mimic". Secondly, Nick does not do anything of the sort. You are a pathetic would be-bully idiot. How someone so flat-out stupid even remembers how to breathe is nothing short of miraculous.

But, please, as a courtesy to your fellow members here at the Army, do feel free to stop. Like, now.

Hardrock69
11-07-2006, 09:22 AM
In the realm of all things in this world, you're opinion means nothing.

You are the expert on that....I don't see how you have posted anything relevant to reality around here for a long time...if ever....
;)

You try to mimick me, but come off like someone that was marked on his kindergarten report card with the remark, "Does not get along well with classmates." Do try to behave in here.

Why should anyone attempt to emulate or even "get along well" with a classmate as delusional as you appear to be? Nobody around here is that stupid...except maybe 4morequeers
:rolleyes:

DEMON CUNT
11-07-2006, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
First of all, you walking duncecap, it's "mimic". Secondly, Nick does not do anything of the sort. You are a pathetic would be-bully idiot. How someone so flat-out stupid even remembers how to breathe is nothing short of miraculous.

But, please, as a courtesy to your fellow members here at the Army, do feel free to stop. Like, now.

Ha ha! pwn3d!

That's a 5 Star vote for you!

DEMON CUNT
11-07-2006, 08:21 PM
Nick, you're just being a little snot. In the realm of all things in this world, you're opinion means nothing. You're jealousy is quite detrimental to your health, you know.

Nice debate.