PDA

View Full Version : 100 Greatest Songs of The 80's...

Matt White
11-04-2006, 08:55 PM
Yup.....

silly list put together by people who don't remember the 80's........

Soul Reaper
11-05-2006, 08:27 AM
Bon Jovi at No.1?!

only morons take these lists as fact.....

Mr Badguy
11-05-2006, 01:29 PM
Where the hell is Yes "Owner of a lonely heart"?

That was quite a groundbreaking record in terms of production.

FORD
11-05-2006, 01:54 PM
If they HAD to limit it to one Van HALEN song, couldn't they have picked anything but "Jump" for fucks sake???

God I'm so sick of that song, it might as well be Van Hagar.

bueno bob
11-05-2006, 03:03 PM
When the average person (non-Van Halen Diehard) thinks of classic Van Halen in the 80s, they think of "Jump".

That's a reality, best to deal with it. IMO, it's a good song, and I never get tired of it personally, no matter how many times I hear it.

But, something to keep in mind is that this program was not titled "Van Halen's 100 Greatest Hits in the 80's"; there were a lot more things happening than just Van Halen in the 80's...albeit not many as exciting...

Bon Jovi got to number one because it was a huge hit, in case you missed it; to a degree, I agree with them from the angle that "Livin' on a Prayer" screams 'Stuck In the 80's' practically more than anything else on that list does to me. If it's a list of songs that scream "Hey! We Wrote 1980's Nostalgia!", than sure...

Definitely not the BEST song of the 80's, no, but it's a monument of the era musically.

MAPRamone
11-06-2006, 01:31 AM
Kaja-fucking-googoo! What the HELL is that shit doing on the list. I mean yeah, the list sucks, but Too Shy is crap even by ITS standards! Well at least they got Tone Loc's Wild Thing, which is sort of a CVH nod even though it sucks. Metallica also hit their peak in the 80's, so where are they. Oh well at least they get something right, CVH, R.E.M., Public Enemy, Prince, G'n'R, Talking Heads, AC/DC, The Clash, Queen and David Bowie and hell even Beat It by MJ and that's out of a 100. Did i miss anything?