PDA

View Full Version : Official 2006 Mid Term Election Results thread

FORD
11-07-2006, 07:39 PM
First good news of the night....

OHIO Governor's Race- Ted Strickland (D) defeats Uncle Tom Blackwell (R- DIEBOLD) :D

If that's an omen for the rest of the night, this is gonna kick 'Puke ass!

FORD
11-07-2006, 07:44 PM
Also from Ohio: Senate race

Sherrod Brown (D) beats incumbent Mike DeWine (R)

Add 1 to the Dems :D

FORD
11-07-2006, 07:45 PM
30% of Evangelicals voting Democrat this year?

PRAISE THE LORD!!

FORD
11-07-2006, 07:47 PM
And in truly shocking news, Tucker Carlson ADMITS that paper ballots are the most reliable form of voting :eek:

LoungeMachine
11-07-2006, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by FORD
And in truly shocking news, Tucker Carlson ADMITS that paper ballots are the most reliable form of voting :eek:

So are we actually going to try and keep all results within this one thread?

Some major wins are going to scream for their own.

What's the plan?

FORD
11-07-2006, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
So are we actually going to try and keep all results within this one thread?

Some major wins are going to scream for their own.

What's the plan?

Plan? What Plan??

Nah, I was just going with this for the early results. I would imagine that some other threads will pop up.

Like when Macacawitz is officially defeated, for example..... ;)

FORD
11-07-2006, 08:13 PM
Good news from Florida, but hardly shocking......

Bill Nelson (hard right DLC) has kicked Cruella Harris' election fixing ass.

So the election thieves of 2000 and 2004 are defeated tonight. That alone is reason for celebration.

LoungeMachine
11-07-2006, 08:16 PM
This is going to be GRATE night indeed........

FORD
11-07-2006, 08:16 PM
***BREAKING NEWS****

CBS projects Bob Casey as winner in PA Senate race.

That's 2 in the win column.

And say a prayer for Santorum's dog. He's in for some rough lovin' when Pricky gets home from the concession :(

LoungeMachine
11-07-2006, 08:25 PM
***BREAKING NEWS****

CBS projects Bob Casey as winner in PA Senate race.

That's 2 in the win column.

And say a prayer for Santorum's dog. He's in for some rough lovin' when Pricky gets home from the concession :(

Santorum doesn't lose the right to still be known as the frothy mixture that results from a Pastor Ted meth binge does it?

hope not :D

ODShowtime
11-07-2006, 08:37 PM
bye bye to harris, blackwell, and santorum.

scumsuckers all!

we're already on our way

FORD
11-07-2006, 08:50 PM
GOP Officials Call To Impound Voting Machines

(KDKA/AP) PITTSBURGH In one of the most closely-watched US Senate races in the nation, some controversy started brewing before the polls even closed tonight.

The race between the two-term Republican Senator Rick Santorum and Democratic Challenger Bob Casey has been a heated battle throughout the campaign – from the political mudslinging to their contentious debate.

Now KDKA has learned that the Republican State Committee has sent a letter to the Secretary of State asking that voting machines in 27 counties that have been accused of being malfunctioning – be impounded tonight

The issue has to do with reports that some of the electronic voting machines were not working properly.

Pennsylvania GOP officials claimed there were reports that some machines were changing Republican votes to Democratic votes. They asked the state to investigate and said they were not ruling out a legal challenge.

According to Santorum's camp, people are voting for Santorum, but the vote either registered as invalid or a vote for Casey.

Asked if the party would consider legal action, state Republican executive director Scott Migli said, "We've got all options on the table at this point. We feel like the electoral system has been left up to computer technicians."

"It seems like he's trying to set up a voter fraud case. We've seen absolutely nothing like this going on," Casey spokesman Larry Smar said. "He's provided absolutely no evidence that this is occurring."

Cathy Ennis, spokeswoman for the Department of state said the state had not received any reports of switched votes.

"Every election has some glitches on every type of voting system," Ennis explained. "This is not atypical."

In Lancaster and Lebanon Counties, polls were ordered to remain open for one extra hour due to glitches with the new machines.

Nonetheless, state election officials say no major problems were reported.

State election officials said late Tuesday they had received no reports from the counties of any such malfunctions. Democrats also said there was no evidence to support the Republican claims,
chalking up the complaints to political shenanigans.

In Lebanon County, county administrator Jamie Wolgemuth said a human programming error affected devices that set up ballot machines. Paper ballots were used there until glitches were fixed, Ennis said.

"People were kind of joking about it," said Robin Wenger, an election-machine inspector in Jackson Township. "I haven't seen anybody in here who has been angry or walked out."

Similar issues arose in Lancaster County, and both counties extended voting until 9 p.m.

More than 40 vote-scanning machines throughout Lancaster County malfunctioned, county chief clerk Andrea McCue said. Residents waited as long as 30 minutes to cast ballots, and some voters in affected precincts were asked to fill out ballots which were then placed in sealed envelopes. Those ballots were to be scanned in later in the night.

Cecilia Martinez, executive director of The Reform Institute, a sponsor of the 1-866-MYVOTE1 voter problem hot line, said operators had received nearly 2,000 calls from Pennsylvania by mid-afternoon, with nearly one-third of the calls coming from Lancaster County.

Among the complaints were people having to use provisional ballots and "super-long lines with confusion," she said.

"I think the new voting machines are clearly problematic," Martinez said. "We'll have to wait and see if this is a technical glitch or human error."

In Westmoreland County, many electronic voting machines were programmed with the wrong date, forcing some voters to use paper ballots or wait in long lines until new machines could be brought in. Ennis said much of the problems in Westmoreland were due to human error.

State Republicans asked Secretary of State Pedro Cortes to investigate what they said were instances in at least 12 counties where voters allegedly tried to vote for Republican candidates but that the machines reflected Democratic votes.

Stay with KDKA for the latest developments

(© 2006 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

FORD
11-07-2006, 08:51 PM
Hey Ricky..... GET OVER IT

LoungeMachine
11-07-2006, 08:58 PM
LMMFAO

Poor Ricky........

PS

Brie would like evidence before accepting your claims of fraud....

sadaist
11-07-2006, 09:01 PM
Here is a pretty cool Yahoo tracker. Just remember to refresh because it doesn't do it automatically.

http://www.yahoo.com/s/432370

FORD
11-07-2006, 09:02 PM
This just in from the Oval Office webcam......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/plastic_turkeys/1crybabybush.jpg

.....Chimpy doesn't look happy :(

Little Texan
11-07-2006, 09:04 PM
Good riddance, Prick Sanitarium!

Dr. Love
11-07-2006, 09:05 PM
Hey Ricky..... GET OVER IT

So faulty voting machines are only a problem when they don't fault in your favor? ;)

FORD
11-07-2006, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
So faulty voting machines are only a problem when they don't fault in your favor? ;)

That's exactly what Republicans like Prick Santwhorum have been telling me the last 6 years, isn't it? ;)

Actually, let the Republicans bitch. Maybe NOW they'll take the problem seriously and every last one of these worthless machines will be in a landfill by 2008.

But no do-overs. We didn't get any.

DLR'sCock
11-07-2006, 09:16 PM
Menendez is the predicted win in NJ as well.

Little Texan
Fucking Prick Perry is projected as the winner of the Texas Governor race! :mad:

ODShowtime

That would be a good point if we didn't know that:

1. congress has fucked up any decent, common sense vote security laws

2. all the major voting machine companies are controlled by the far right. The CEO of Diebold is on record licking gw&friend's boots.

Dr. Love
11-07-2006, 09:17 PM
No surprise there.

FORD
11-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Oh my GOD, you can't make this shit up.......

Bill "The Gambler" Bennett just said on CNN that he wants to draft DOGFUCKER for a Presidential Campaign!!

I guess Allen lost his role as the token dumbass when he was outed as a racist. Or possibly when he was outed as a Jew, knowing Republicans.

Sure Bennett....... bring on Little Ricky :rolleyes:

DLR'sCock
11-07-2006, 09:18 PM
It looks like Cardin is predicted to win in Maryland as well!!!

EAT MY ASSHOLE
11-07-2006, 09:20 PM
Or possibly when he was outed as a Jew, knowing Republicans.

FORD, stop being so hard on Allen!!! HE CAN'T HELP IT IF HE'S A JEW!!!

EAT MY ASSHOLE
11-07-2006, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Little Texan
Prick Sanitarium!

Prick Santwhorum

As if the associations with the name "Santorum" weren't bad enough already..???

Little Texan
11-07-2006, 09:24 PM
Is that the same fudgepacking, pedophile, hypocrite Foley that is winning in Florida? I guess pedophilia is perfectly acceptable behavior in Florida for their congressmen? :mad: WTF? :confused:

LoungeMachine
11-07-2006, 09:27 PM

Bill "The Gambler" Bennett just said on CNN that he wants to draft DOGFUCKER for a Presidential Campaign!!

Oh please, oh please, oh please :D :D :D

Little Texan
11-07-2006, 09:27 PM
The Democratic candidate must be a rapist or murderer is all I can figure?

EAT MY ASSHOLE
11-07-2006, 09:28 PM
Is that the same fudgepacking, pedophile, hypocrite Foley that is winning in Florida? I guess pedophilia is perfectly acceptable behavior in Florida for their congressmen? :mad: WTF? :confused:

Oh, hush. Foley's name is only on the ballot. He'll only be sending inappropriate text messages as a PRIVATE CITIZEN from now on, okay? Chill.

Little Texan
11-07-2006, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
Oh, hush. Foley's name is only on the ballot. He'll only be sending inappropriate text messages as a PRIVATE CITIZEN from now on, okay? Chill.

Maybe, but don't you find it disturbing that that many people would still vote for him in spite of everything that's come out about him in the past month or so? Floridians must love their boy loving pedophile congressmen! Foley should run for President of NAMBLA!

EAT MY ASSHOLE
11-07-2006, 09:38 PM
Foley should run for President of NAMBLA!

Hey, man, screw you! I'm running for that gig!!!

FORD
11-07-2006, 09:39 PM
Whitehouse (the guy's name, not the place where the Chimp lives) defeats Lincoln Chafee in Rhode Island.

Too bad it couldn't have been a worse Republican going down, but add another Senate seat to the Democratic side.

DLR'sCock
11-07-2006, 09:39 PM
Looks like Chaffee lost in Rhode Island, another Democratic win for Senate.

The VA race is very tight.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
11-07-2006, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock

The VA race is very tight.

So is your mom's vag...what's your point?

LoungeMachine
11-07-2006, 10:20 PM
NeoCons are about to get really cranky.

With no sense of humor.

Just watch. :cool:

LoungeMachine
11-07-2006, 10:23 PM
Eliot Spitzer.

First Dem Governor of NY in a while

ODShowtime
11-07-2006, 10:34 PM
as of 10:30 PM the yahoo tracker has the house with a 17 seat dem lead and repubs with a 1 seat lead in the Senate.

ODShowtime
11-07-2006, 10:35 PM
uh oh down to 16...

It'll be fun to wake up tomorrow

ODShowtime
11-07-2006, 10:36 PM
shit 13 now

redfire
11-07-2006, 10:52 PM
Anyone watching MSNBC? Olbermann just said about Heath Shuler, "he finally completed something." Classic.

FORD
11-08-2006, 12:30 AM
**Virginia Update : 100% reporting**

Va. U.S. Senate (KEY RACE)
Candidate Votes %
Jim Webb (D) 1,143,144 50
George Allen * (R) 1,140,879 49
Glenda Parker (IG) 25,549 1

CONCEDE, MACACA!! For the good of the country

LoungeMachine
11-08-2006, 12:45 AM
**Virginia Update : 100% reporting**

Va. U.S. Senate (KEY RACE)
Candidate Votes %
Jim Webb (D) 1,143,144 50
George Allen * (R) 1,140,879 49
Glenda Parker (IG) 25,549 1

George Allen in 2008 baby !!!!!:D :D :D

Dr. Love
11-08-2006, 12:51 AM

Man. I feel like I'm in bizarro-land.

LoungeMachine
11-08-2006, 12:52 AM
Man. I feel like I'm in bizarro-land.

Now you know how we felt 2 years ago.....

Dr. Love
11-08-2006, 01:06 AM
what, you mean FORD was conveniently forgetting all his rhetoric then too? ;)

Hardrock69
11-08-2006, 01:16 AM
Yeah Web just showed up on CNN announcing his win.

The Dems control the House. Only 2 seats needed to control the Senate, both still undecided but the Dems have a slim lead in both Montana and Missouri.

BigBadBrian is now BigSadCryin.

redfire
11-08-2006, 01:25 AM
Or he's still BigBadBrian.

Murtha is on now, and he sounds like Newt from '94.... Sometimes, people just never learn.

FORD
11-08-2006, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by redfire
Or he's still BigBadBrian.

Murtha is on now, and he sounds like Newt from '94.... Sometimes, people just never learn.

I support Murtha as Majority Leader. Mainly because his opponent is a traitorous AIPAC warmongering shill

FORD
11-08-2006, 02:17 AM
Webb is up by 12,000 votes at last count.

That should be enough to bury Macacawitz if it holds.

I believe we have the Senate :cool:

Little Texan
11-08-2006, 02:22 AM
Claire McCaskill takes the Missouri seat, Webb ahead of Macaca by 11,000 votes now, and Tester has a 4% point lead on Burns in the Missouri race. Looks like the Senate is also going to the Democrats! :cool:

Hardrock69
11-08-2006, 02:23 AM
I'm off to bed. Seems the votership spoke loudly today.

Poor Chimpy.

FORD
11-08-2006, 02:51 AM
God Bless Dr. Howard Dean and the 50 state strategy. He was right about that, as he was about damn near everything else.

YEEEEEEEAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!

ODShowtime
11-08-2006, 06:16 AM
this is a pleasing development

redfire
11-08-2006, 11:39 AM
Webb is up by 12,000 votes at last count.

I see you're subscribing to the Sammy Hagar method of math, as Webb is up by just over 8,000 votes.

I have a question though Ford, it seemed like every station (I watched MSNBC, CNN, and NBC), that when they asked Howard Dean about Iraq, he said they were going to plan an exit strategy (since their isn't one), but they we'ren't going to "cut and run like George Bush and the Republicans have said." Isn't that why people voted Democrat? To hurry up and start phasing withdrawl? I understand that they were all putting Dean on the spot, but only a jackass wouldn't have known they were going to ask that SPECIFIC question.

Similiarly, to liberals, do you have a problem that Consevative Dems got elected? I look forward to seeing if they can all work together.

redfire
11-08-2006, 11:42 AM
I support Murtha as Majority Leader. Mainly because his opponent is a traitorous AIPAC warmongering shill

And I don't have a problem with Murtha, he works hard, and represents his people well. BUT, after a 12 year hiatus from leading the House, he sounded angry and foolish, like Gingrich did in '94 calling it a "revolution."

redfire
11-08-2006, 01:17 PM
Foley should run for President of NAMBLA!

But Mark Foley doesn't look anything like Marlon Brando...

Hardrock69
11-08-2006, 01:21 PM
Montana belongs to the Democrats. It was just announced.

redfire
11-08-2006, 02:20 PM
It's funny that at the end of the day, appareantly the little states matter as well. Who'd thought that... :rolleyes:

DLR'sCock
11-08-2006, 04:27 PM
Recounts Recounts........Tester is ahead in MT and Web is ahead in VA.

Dr. Love
11-08-2006, 07:38 PM
http://boingboing.net/images/pelosid00dz.thumbnail.jpg

BigBadBrian
11-09-2006, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Yeah Web just showed up on CNN announcing his win.

The Dems control the House. Only 2 seats needed to control the Senate, both still undecided but the Dems have a slim lead in both Montana and Missouri.

BigBadBrian is now BigSadCryin.

Not so.

If Webb is indeed the winner (it looks like he is now, but there is a recount coming up...I suspect he'll win), I'll give the man the benefit of the doubt and give him a chance.

I won't immediately go cryin' and whining like you libs did in 2000 and 2004.

Remember, yours is the party of whining bitches. :)

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/1/d/democratic_crybaby_seal.jpg