PDA

View Full Version : Democrats Take House AND Senate

LoungeMachine
11-08-2006, 11:09 AM
I look forward to Brian's pledge of no whining.

I look forward to those like WarBOT who claimed Repub would hold BOTH houses to come in and eat crow.

I look forward to not having to hear about how "The Dems don't know how to win elections"

It's a great day in America!!!!!!!!

:D :cool: :D :cool:

DrMaddVibe
11-08-2006, 11:12 AM
Eat crow? Hardly!

Your mistaking politics for sports there chum.

I only hope that the Dems are capable of keeping government spending to a minimum, and taxation at its current levels.

The Republicans squandered their opportunities to lead effectively. Lets see how the Dems respond.

FORD
11-08-2006, 11:14 AM
Warbot has to be especially sad this morning, since his hero, Macaca Man essentially defeated himself through racism and stupidity.

LoungeMachine
11-08-2006, 11:17 AM
Indeed.

And Dr.Maddvibe meant to say he was WRONG in his predictions....

He just forgot to type it ;)

kennyboy
11-08-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

I look forward to those like WarBOT who claimed Repub would hold BOTH houses to come in and eat crow.

YES!

Suck it and suck it hard you stupid conservative douchebages!

http://www.panix.com/~clay/cookbook/images/hungarian-sausage.jpg

Time for the Dean Sream!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KDwODbl3muE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KDwODbl3muE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

DrMaddVibe
11-08-2006, 11:27 AM
Indeed.

And Dr.Maddvibe meant to say he was WRONG in his predictions....

He just forgot to type it ;)

Yeah, that's the ticket.:cool:

knuckleboner
11-08-2006, 11:29 AM
uh, senate's still kinda up in the air.

montana and virginia are pretty close. if they split, chenney's breaking ties like he breaks up hunting parties.

word on the street is it may be 3 weeks until there's a final verdict in virginia.

(though, if the knuckleboner had to speculate, i'd say webb holds in VA.)

sadaist
11-08-2006, 11:40 AM
Congrats Dems. I predicted wrongly. Virginia & Montana are still up in the air, but that doesn't really effect the bigger picture. Now that you have control of the house, I hope government doesn't hit a stalemate with nothing happening. 2 years of checks & balances or 2 years of subpoenas, investigations & special committees.

Steve Savicki
11-08-2006, 11:45 AM

I look forward to not having to hear about how "The Dems don't know how to win elections"

It's a great day in America!!!!!!!!

:D :cool: :D :cool:

I guess that means... certain Repubs here will think The Front Line is now "more gay."

Guitar Shark
11-08-2006, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
uh, senate's still kinda up in the air.

montana and virginia are pretty close. if they split, chenney's breaking ties like he breaks up hunting parties.

word on the street is it may be 3 weeks until there's a final verdict in virginia.

(though, if the knuckleboner had to speculate, i'd say webb holds in VA.)

Yup. Way too early for the Dems to claim control of the Senate. The lastest word I've seen is that Virginia is going to delay certifying its election results until Nov. 27. :rolleyes:

The current democratic leads in Virginia and Montana, while razor thin, are encouraging however.

FORD
11-08-2006, 11:52 AM
One man deserves a lot of credit for the Democratic Victory.

Howard Dean has yet again been proven correct about something he said, both as a candidate in 2003-04 and as DNC chair in 2005-06.

The Busheep on this board (and others) ridiculed Dr. Dean when he described his 50 state strategy, which the whore media reduced to a soundbite about "guys in pick up trucks with gun racks and Confederate flags". The Busheep also said that Evangelicals would never vote Democrat.

Well guess what? 1/3 of Evangelicals voted for Democratic candidates yesterday And a lot of formerly "red" states are looking damn blue this morning.

A lot of people owe Howard Dean a huge apology. Who wants to step up and be a man about it?

Guitar Shark
11-08-2006, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by FORD

Howard Dean has yet again been proven correct about something he said, both as a candidate in 2003-04 and as DNC chair in 2005-06.

The Busheep on this board (and others) ridiculed Dr. Dean when he described his 50 state strategy, which the whore media reduced to a soundbite about "guys in pick up trucks with gun racks and Confederate flags". The Busheep also said that Evangelicals would never vote Democrat.

Well guess what? 1/3 of Evangelicals voted for Democratic candidates yesterday And a lot of formerly "red" states are looking damn blue this morning.

A lot of people owe Howard Dean a huge apology. Who wants to step up and be a man about it?

The vote had nothing to do with Howard Dean, and everything to do with President Bush and the recent Republican scandals.

Hey FORD, where are your complaints about Diebold today?

Matt White
11-08-2006, 11:55 AM
LET THE FESTIVITIES COMMENCE

http://www.finktank3000.com/images/lameduck.jpg

FORD
11-08-2006, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Yup. Way too early for the Dems to claim control of the Senate. The lastest word I've seen is that Virginia is going to delay certifying its election results until Nov. 27. :rolleyes:

What?? Did Macaca stuff ballots in a turkey or something?

Last I heard, this was out of recount range, which apparently is only .5% in VA

Steve Savicki
11-08-2006, 11:58 AM

Speaking of whom, did anyone figure out who this Howard Dean was: http://rotharmy.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=20728 ?

LoungeMachine
11-08-2006, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by sadaist
Congrats Dems. I predicted wrongly. Virginia & Montana are still up in the air, but that doesn't really effect the bigger picture. Now that you have control of the house, I hope government doesn't hit a stalemate with nothing happening. 2 years of checks & balances or 2 years of subpoenas, investigations & special committees.

See NeoCons......

It can be done.

You can lose graciously, admit you were wrong, and look forward to seeing how things get done now....

:cool:

LoungeMachine
11-08-2006, 12:03 PM
The vote had nothing to do with Howard Dean, and everything to do with President Bush and the recent Republican scandals.

Hey FORD, where are your complaints about Diebold today?

1- How do you know with certainty, counselor?

2- Because we won, no need to blame Diebold :D

I personally think it was a combination of things. Howard Dean's new focus, BushCO's terrible performances, and a Republican Led Congress of Corruption.

There's plenty of credit to go around :D

Guitar Shark
11-08-2006, 12:07 PM
1- How do you know with certainty, counselor?

One might ask you the same question, referring to the title of this thread ;)

redfire
11-08-2006, 12:10 PM

It also helps when our party doesn't put up socially liberal candidates in states that are conervative. So if knowing that the triangle peg doesn't fit in a square hole is a reason for lavishing praises on someone, HOP's 2 year old daughter deserves to be crowned a genius. :)

But, as a Conservative Dem, I can say I was right about how things would work out.

Seshmeister
11-08-2006, 12:13 PM
http://www.dooberywhatsit.com//files/democratia.gif

LoungeMachine
11-08-2006, 12:15 PM

Well argued indeed :D

We have the Senate.

:cool:

FORD
11-08-2006, 12:20 PM

Because the votes have been counted and the Democrats are ahead?

I don't think anybody expects Burns or MaKKKaKKKa to win a "recount".

Unless Rove buses those Miami courthouse riot bozos in again......

Guitar Shark
11-08-2006, 12:24 PM
Because the votes have been counted and the Democrats are ahead?

I don't think anybody expects Burns or MaKKKaKKKa to win a "recount".

Dr. Love was right... Bizarroworld.

Hey, few people would be happier than me if the Senate changes hands... but I will wait until it actually happens before I celebrate.

knuckleboner
11-08-2006, 12:48 PM
What?? Did Macaca stuff ballots in a turkey or something?

Last I heard, this was out of recount range, which apparently is only .5% in VA

the current margin is 0.31%, or about 7,300 votes, with 3 precincts (out of 2,243) remaining.

virginia law permits a state-funded recount if the margin is 0.5% or less and pemits the candidate to pay for recount if the margin is 1.0% or less.

there is NO CHANCE that the 3 remaining precincts would be able to move the margin above 1.0%. and unless all 3 precincts voted 100% for webb, there's no chance that the final tally moves above 0.5%.

there will be a recount. without question.

Guitar Shark
11-08-2006, 12:56 PM
kb, any idea how those remaining 3 precincts will end up? Are they typically conservative or liberal precincts, if you know?

Soul Reaper
11-08-2006, 01:11 PM
well, I expected the Republicans to fix voting again....

well, they probably tried and failed or just realised that they were gonna get fucked anyway...

http://home.twcny.rr.com/felicity/nostradamus.jpg

Hardrock69
11-08-2006, 01:12 PM
Democrats won Montana. Only Virginia is left. You KNOW Chimpy is desperately trying to steal the Virginia Senate race. Without a win there he is FUCKED!!!

Mwuhahahahahahahaha.......

CHIMPEACHMENT NOW!!!!
:mad:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061108/ap_on_el_ge/eln_election_rdp

By CALVIN WOODWARD, Associated Press Writer 10 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - Democrats won a cliffhanger race in Montana on Wednesday that brought them to the brink of control of the Senate, after Americans sick of scandal and weary of war ended the Republican majority in the House.

With Democrats now assured of 50 Senate seats, the battle for outright control came down to Virginia, where the party's candidate, Jim Webb, held a small lead.

For Republicans, it was an election that started out grim and got only grimmer with the new day. First, voters brought down the Republican House majority after 12 years in power, and gave Democrats a majority of governorships for the first time in just as long.

Then Senate control began slipping away, the narrow GOP majority ground down to nothing, protected only by Vice President
Dick Cheney's tie-breaking vote if the contest ended at 50-50.

Democrats hoped to shape a 51-49 majority with a Virginia victory for Webb, a former Navy secretary under
Ronald Reagan. Webb led by fewer than 9,000 votes out of more than 2.3 million cast, and with the margin so small and so much on the line, GOP Sen. George Allen (news, bio, voting record) was not conceding. If a recount is held it could take weeks to be conducted by a panel of judges.

Electoral officials were canvassing the unofficial results Wednesday, and both parties had teams ready to monitor and intervene in the event of a recount, anticipating the process could stretch into next month.

In Montana, Democrat Jon Tester, an organic grain farmer who lost three fingers in a meat grinder, prevailed in a protracted contest with three-term Sen. Conrad Burns (news, bio, voting record), who was weakened politically by his ties to disgraced lobbyist Jack Abramoff.

Tester held a 3,128-vote lead over Burns with only one county left to count its votes. That county had fewer than 1,000 votes to report. An AP canvass of Montana counties estimated there were not enough provisional ballots still to be counted for Burns to overcome his deficit.

That meant the election of 48 Democratic senators as well as two Democratic-voting independents — Joseph Lieberman of Connecticut and Bernie Sanders of Vermont.

A succession of tainted Republicans lost seats as their leaders lost power, a stinging referendum on the ways of Washington. A large majority of voters surveyed across the country said their disgust with corruption influenced their choice.

Setting a standard her party will be judged on in elections two years from now, speaker-in-waiting Nancy Pelosi promised: "Democrats intend to lead the most honest, the most open and the most ethical Congress in history."

The California Democrat was on the cusp of making history herself, as the first woman speaker.
President Bush called her Wednesday morning to congratulate her.

Democrats took 20 of 36 governorship races to give themselves a majority of top state jobs — 28 — for the first time in a dozen years. New York, Ohio, Massachusetts, Colorado, Maryland and Arkansas went into the Democratic column.

Republicans hung on to Florida's governorship, with Charlie Crist prevailing in a race to succeed Bush's brother Jeb, and Bob Corker won a closely watched Senate contest in Tennessee, denying Democrat Harold Ford Jr.'s bid to become the first black senator from the South in more than a century.

But the night was one Republicans wished they could forget. For a two-term president who has led with Senate and House control for most of his time in office, easing the way for his tax cuts and war policy, it was an unaccustomed dose of defeat.

The best face his spokesman could put on it was that some people saw it coming. It was not a "a slap-on-the-forehead kind of shock," Tony Snow said. Of the results, he said: "They have not gone the way he would have liked."

Control of the Senate came down to two races once considered safely Republican until gaffes by the two GOP candidates.

Burns, 71, first elected in 1988 as a folksy, backslapping outsider, came under siege as a top recipient of campaign contributions from Abramoff. He did himself no favors, either, when he confronted members of a wildfire-fighting team and accused them of doing a bad job.

Allen, a former Virginia governor, struggled for months to get his campaign back on stride after he used the obscure racial slur "macaca" to introduce a man of Indian descent to an all-white rally.

Across the country, voters expressed exasperation with the criminal convictions, the investigations and the recent sexual e-mail scandal that befell Congress over the past two years.

In surveys conducted at polling places, three out of four voters said corruption and scandalous behavior in Congress made them more likely to vote Democratic.

Also in the surveys, about six in 10 voters disapproved of the
Iraq war and only a third believed it had improved long-term security in the United States.

Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., echoing Pelosi, said the election shows "we must change course in Iraq."

More broadly, he said, Americans "have come to the conclusion, as we did some time ago, that a one-party town simply doesn't work."

Without losing any seats of their own, Democrats captured 27 GOP-held seats and were leading for two more, assuring them of control 12 years after a Republican rout brought a new generation of conservatives into office.

"Unprepared members were swallowed up by the sour national environment," New York Rep. Tom Reynolds, chairman of the House GOP's election effort, said on CNN. He was re-elected.

Democrats also defeated four Republican incumbents in the Senate — Rick Santorum in Pennsylvania, Mike DeWine in Ohio, Jim Talent in Missouri and Lincoln Chafee in Rhode Island — who covered the spectrum from conservative to moderate.

Indiana was particularly cruel to House Republicans. Reps. John Hostettler, Chris Chocola and Mike Sodrel all lost in a state where Republican Gov. Mitch Daniels' unpopularity compounded the dissatisfaction with Bush.

One of the biggest surprises of the night was Republican Rep. Jim Leach (news, bio, voting record)'s defeat in Iowa after a career that spanned 30 years, losing to Dave Loebsack, a college professor making his first run for elective office. The two parties spent lavishly on television commercials in dozens of districts deemed competitive — but not that one.

Scandal took an undeniable toll on the Republicans. Democrat Zack Space won the race to succeed Bob Ney, who pleaded guilty to corruption this fall in the Abramoff scandal. Republican Rep. John Sweeney (news, bio, voting record) lost his seat in New York several days after reports that he had roughed up his wife — an allegation she denied.

Republicans also lost the seat that Rep. Mark Foley (news, bio, voting record) had held. He resigned on Sept. 29 after being confronted with sexually explicit computer messages he had written to teenage pages.

Rep. Don Sherwood (news, bio, voting record) lost despite apologizing to the voters for a long-term affair with a much younger woman; and Rep. Curt Weldon (news, bio, voting record), also from Pennsylvania, was denied a new term after he became embroiled in a corruption investigation.

The GOP also lost the Texas seat once held by former Majority Leader
Tom DeLay.

Surveys of voters suggested Democrats were winning the support of independents with almost 60 percent support, and middle-class voters were leaving Republicans behind.

About six in 10 voters said the nation is on the wrong track and disapproved of the way Bush is handling his job. Voters in all groups were more inclined to vote for Democratic candidates than for Republicans.

Over half of the voters registered dissatisfaction with the way Republican leaders in Congress dealt with Foley. They voted overwhelming Democratic in House races, by a margin of 3-to-1.

The surveys were taken by The Associated Press and the networks.

History worked against the GOP, too. Since World War II, the party in control of the White House has lost an average 31 House seats and six Senate seats in the second midterm election of a president's tenure in office.

More than the party-run battle for control of Congress and the statehouses was at stake.

South Dakota voters rejected the toughest abortion law in the land — a measure that would have outlawed the procedure under almost any circumstances.

In a comeback unlike any other, Lieberman won a new term in Connecticut — dispatching Democrat Ned Lamont. Lieberman, a supporter of Bush's war policy, ran as an independent but will side with the Democrats in organizing the new Senate when he returns to Washington.

Sen.
Hillary Rodham Clinton coasted to a second Democratic term in New York, winning roughly 70 percent of the vote in a warm-up to a possible run for the White House in 2008.

In Ohio, DeWine lost to Rep. Sherrod Brown (news, bio, voting record), a liberal seven-term lawmaker. Chafee, the most liberal Republican in the Senate and an opponent of the war, fell to Sheldon Whitehouse, former state attorney general.

Among the GOP losers, Hostettler, Santorum and DeWine all won their seats in the Republican landslide of 1994 — the year the GOP grabbed control of the House and Senate from the Democrats and launched the Republican revolution.

"It's very hard to watch," lamented Dick Armey, who was House majority leader in those heady GOP days.

Democrats piled up gains in the nation's statehouses.

In Ohio, Rep. Ted Strickland (news, bio, voting record) defeated Republican Ken Blackwell with ease to become the state's first Democratic governor in 16 years. Deval Patrick triumphed over Republican Kerry Healey in Massachusetts, and will become the state's first black chief executive. Attorney General Eliot Spitzer won the New York governor's race in a landslide.

Voters in Vermont made Sanders, an independent, the winner in a Senate race, succeeding retiring Sen.
James Jeffords. Brooklyn-born with an accent to match, Sanders is a socialist who will side with Democrats, as he did reliably in the House.

In Maryland, Democratic Rep. Ben Cardin captured an open Senate seat, defeating Lt. Gov. Michael Steele.

knuckleboner
11-08-2006, 01:18 PM
all 3 are in typically republician leaning districts.

but i think at least 1 is a conditional absentee ballot precinct that may not have any (it's the 2nd one, and had 0 in 2004).

given the general 52-some% turnout, margins of victory should be 100-300 in each precinct, max.

webb should finish, pre-recount, up about 6,500+.

redfire
11-08-2006, 01:26 PM

but i think at least 1 is a conditional absentee ballot precinct that may not have any (it's the 2nd one, and had 0 in 2004).

given the general 52-some% turnout, margins of victory should be 100-300 in each precinct, max.

What areas are they? I mean, are they in the Va Beach area, or Northern Va or what?

Hardrock69
11-08-2006, 01:46 PM
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2006/pages/results/states/VA/S/01/county.000.html

Funny...shows 100% reporting, but that they are all "processing results", meaning Diebold is scrambling to try to hack as many machines as possible to ensure Der Fuehrer's demands are carried out.

LoungeMachine
11-08-2006, 01:48 PM
100% reporting....

and

100% COUNTED are 2 different things.....

Hardrock69
11-08-2006, 02:03 PM
Really????? No! How did you figure that out?
:rolleyes:
:D

As of now, Webb is about 6700 votes ahead of Allen.

FORD
11-08-2006, 02:08 PM
MaKKKaKKKa fans are mobilizing for their KKKandidate........

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v386/DickSteele/Allen-reKount-sized.jpg

redfire
11-08-2006, 02:15 PM
Ford, does it bother you what Howard Dean was saying last night about the Iraq war? He said they weren't going to "cut and run like Bush and the Rep." were saying that they would, but he sold every voter on some sort of withdrawl from Iraq. Now, granted he can't make a decision on how it will all shake down, but he didn't have the balls to say anything, and he should have been prepared for that question.

Hardrock69
11-08-2006, 02:15 PM
LMAO!!!

Losers...

Guitar Shark
11-08-2006, 02:26 PM

Interesting, thanks.

The Truth
11-08-2006, 02:55 PM
The Truth Hurts

Hardrock69
11-08-2006, 04:23 PM
Latest report: Democrats in Virginia are 6911 votes ahead of the Repubs. THe margin is widening.

LoungeMachine
11-08-2006, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by redfire
Ford, does it bother you what Howard Dean was saying last night about the Iraq war? He said they weren't going to "cut and run like Bush and the Rep." were saying that they would, but he sold every voter on some sort of withdrawl from Iraq. Now, granted he can't make a decision on how it will all shake down, but he didn't have the balls to say anything, and he should have been prepared for that question.

Please turn off The FAUX, The OxyContin Addict, and O'Really for a moment and tell yourself it's okay NOT to used tired RNC talking points from KKKarl such as CUT-N-RUN.

You lost. Deal with it.

Or don't.:D

jacksmar
11-08-2006, 04:32 PM
Even a near death party- comie librats- will have a moment before their death. This is it. ;)

LoungeMachine
11-08-2006, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by jacksmar
Even a near death party- comie librats- will have a moment before their death. This is it. ;)

LMMFAO

Gotta love a pissed off RePuke :D

Warham
11-08-2006, 04:43 PM
I'm disappointed, but in some ways I'm glad this all happened.

The reason the Democrats took control had nothing to do with anything they offered. It had everything to do with the fact that the Republicans in Congress left their conservative values on the '04 campaign trail.

First, unchecked spending, with narry a veto from Bush. They've spent like liberal Democrats the last two years, so why not just vote for a Democrat?

Second, the immigration issue wasn't settled in due time, with Republicans wishy-washy about getting anything done, despite anger from the conservative base.

Third, people are frustrated by the war, and want to see some changes with the strategy.

Fourth, this happens pretty much at every six year election of a two term president. People just seem to get tired of the status quo. Typically, about 30 seats change hands on these elections. The Republicans have lost about that many.

I knew watching the Indiana seats all going to Democrats was going to put a pulse on the whole night. Indiana's very conservative, and if they aren't going to vote Republican, no one else would.

Two years isn't too far away, so they've got to regroup. If they're smart, they'll move back to core conservative values. They have a chance to reclaim some of those lost seats, even if they might not be able to take the Congress back in 2008.

I was wrong about them losing the Congress, and I'll take my lumps.

LoungeMachine
11-08-2006, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Warham

Fourth, this happens pretty much at every six year election of a two term president. People just seem to get tired of the status quo. Typically, about 30 seats change hands on these elections. The Republicans have lost about that many.

Untrue.

Both Clinton and Reagan picked up seats in their second mid-term.

I was wrong about them losing the Congress, and I'll take my lumps.

Good on ya ;)

You can spin this anyway you want, that we didn't really win.....you guys just lost it for us, etc.....

But the bottom line is this:

The great Neo-Con takeover of this country has ended. :cool:

LoungeMachine
11-08-2006, 04:51 PM
Oh, and....

You still want the George Allen Sticker in your sig?

LMAO

Warham
11-08-2006, 04:55 PM
The Senate went back to Democratic control in 1986 after being in Republican control the previous six years. Reagan lost one house of Congress.

Clinton was a bit strange, because he lost his houses in his second year.

All of it is mute at this point. The Republicans blew it this year.

LoungeMachine
11-08-2006, 04:58 PM

All of it is mute at this point. The Republicans blew it this year.

Moot, even :D ;)

It's a GRATE day in America, Warham.

Gimme a hug :D

Warham
11-08-2006, 05:00 PM
The great Neo-Con takeover of this country has ended. :cool:

There was never a takeover to begin with.

Little Texan
11-08-2006, 05:01 PM
The Republicans blew it this year.

They didn't just blow it this year...they've been blowing it the past 12 years they've been in power!

Warham
11-08-2006, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Little Texan
They didn't just blow it this year...they've been blowing it the past 12 years they've been in power!

Well, it's time to rectify that mistake. They've got two years to get their houses in order, otherwise they can continue to sit on the sidelines.

Warham
11-08-2006, 05:04 PM
Moot, even :D ;)

It's a GRATE day in America, Warham.

Gimme a hug :D

Oh yeah, moot. Hell, I was just trying to keep 'mute', so that I wouldn't let my disappointment become too evident.

I wouldn't say it's a great day, but it's a new day. There's always tomorrow!

I can't wait until '08!

LoungeMachine
11-08-2006, 05:05 PM
There was never a [NeoCon] takeover to begin with.

Oh, jesus....come on...

Bush
Cheney
Perle
Wolfowitz
Rice
Rumsfeld
Hadley

For God's sake man, it's time to come to grips with what happened to your own party.

Where ya been the last 6 years?

But it's moot, right?

GRATE day in America!!!!!!!

Now, how about that hug? :D

Warham
11-08-2006, 05:06 PM
Oh, and....

You still want the George Allen Sticker in your sig?

LMAO

No, I'll be removing Allen shortly.

The wheels had already fallen off the wagon long before George lost his seat, but it was like beating a dead horse.

I'll have to come up with a new bumper sticker.

LoungeMachine
11-08-2006, 05:15 PM

The wheels had already fallen off the wagon long before George lost his seat, but it was like beating a dead horse.

I'll send you a Hillary '08

We all know Clintons love to follow Bush ;)

FORD
11-08-2006, 05:16 PM

How about Rick "Man on Dog" Santwhoreum?

Not even 30 seconds after his concession speech, Bill "The Gambler" Bennett was trying to draft Pricky for President.

I figured he's about as dumb as Felix, so he'd be your type of candidate :D

Warham
11-08-2006, 05:18 PM
Santorum doesn't have a chance in hell of being president, and Allen doesn't either any longer.

I'm going to have to pin my hopes on Rudy running, unless some dark horse runs.

LoungeMachine
11-08-2006, 05:37 PM
Santorum doesn't have a chance in hell of being president, and Allen doesn't either any longer.

dark horse?

Poor choice of words?;)

Warham
11-08-2006, 05:46 PM
I don't believe a female has any chance of becoming president in '08, if that's what you are getting at. :)

FORD
11-08-2006, 05:53 PM

Rudy? A pro choice, pro gay rights, alledgedly "liberal" Republican?

That's your candidate? I'm shocked!

Warham
11-08-2006, 05:56 PM
Rudy? A pro choice, pro gay rights, alledgedly "liberal" Republican?

That's your candidate? I'm shocked!

He might be. Might being the key word. He really can't do anything about gay marriage or abortion if he's elected president. Those issues should and are being decided on the state level (all gay marriage bans were voted in yesterday).

The big issues he can deal with is the war in Iraq and the terrorist threats.

redfire
11-08-2006, 05:58 PM
You lost. Deal with it.

Excuse me? Do you know who the fuck I am? I'm a Conservative Dem. Last time I checked I won. Keith Olbermann is a hero of mine. So why do you figure out what you're talking about before you speak?

redfire
11-08-2006, 06:01 PM
You guys talk about Conservatives not hanging with you libs, but none of you answer my questions, or respond to what I say.

And, again, look at what I've said before you try to paint me as a Neo-Conservative. Ford said earlier that Brad Carson, the Dem that ran in the Senate against Tom Coburn, was more right than me.

If you don't want to bother to do research on people and how they feel about social and economic issues, you're just as bad as the disciples of O'Reilly who only know the talking points memo.

LoungeMachine
11-08-2006, 06:13 PM
Excuse me? Do you know who the fuck I am?

No.

Your whopping post count leads me to believe you came by for a quickie after the elections.

So sorry I took your post at face value, and didn't bother to search your post history first:rolleyes:

Who the fuck are you again? :D

LoungeMachine
11-08-2006, 06:14 PM

If you don't want to bother to do research on people

You're a 24 year old from Oklahoma.

That's all the info I need.

Thanks. :cool:

redfire
11-08-2006, 06:41 PM
For a quick history lesson, I was one of the first 20 registered on the original Army board. Circa Dec 2000, I left after the failed reunion with Dave (but during the time before that I was a mod at Links, and here)... since I was graduating high school. And then I would periodically come back but never on a long time basis, most notably when the Pleasure Dump opened. I felt responsible for giving Vince many problems, due to my many aliases like Dave_can_drive55, and WFT_Im_OnFire.

Long story short, Army board crashes, and when it comes back up, I register my name just so someone else doesn't. And periodically I would check in and maybe drop a post in the Eat Us and Smile thread.

Sorry that I expected you to actually read threads that we were both posting in for the past week. I guess I thought people still actually read all the posts instead of just the conversations they were having one on one.

Here's you a nice quick and concise run down of my political stances. As a Democrat from Oklahoma with a degree in Government, Theology and History from a Conservative Private Christian University, I think abortion (even partial-birth) is a last resort if a woman is in danger, or rape, or incest. I say that because in case people don't know... babies are made by sex (or male semen being inserted someway into a woman's egg). Therefore, dont be suprised if you have get pregnant because you had sex.

For gay rights, I think people that live a homosexual lifestyle should be afford rights, like tax purposes, the passing on of property in case of death. But marriage wasn't created by the US Government, our Gov adopted a Christian idea of marriage that was common place in the 18th century and prior. So, marriage no. Because God made it and if I had to cast the deciding vote on changing marriage to be defined by two people, I wouldn't. Cause God defined it, and if I changed it, it would be like me telling God that I'm smarter than him and I know better than He does. Civil Unions, fine. But as far as that word marriage goes, no.

Should English be the national language? No, because I don't want the government telling me what to do. If you give them an inch, eventually they'll take a mile.

Does this make me liberal or moderate? No. I can convince others that this is the proper position accoring to the Bible, and tradition. But most Conservatives have bought into the Karl Rove strategy, and they think the Rep party is a conservative party. But they're not. And the Dem party isn't a liberal party. Some Rep claim to be conservative, and some Dems claim to be liberals. But neither parties offers a common ground for every one that is registered to that party except on taxes. So no party aligns itsself in lock step with an ideology.

In closing, the reason why I left was because I got tired of talking about the same fucking issues. Mind you, this forum wasn't here yet. And you can only tell someone a song-bysong review of every single Van Halen album two, three times at a max. And I was tired of that. Again, maybe just actually read all the posts going on in a thread. You are the mod for this forum are you not? Isn't that kinda what you're for?

redfire
11-08-2006, 06:44 PM
And due to my nature of writing dissertation's, I don't spell check.

I ask only that people not be close minded, and in that maybe I could be considered a lib. But anymore, everyone is close minded.

(And I'm going to take my LSAT soon)

Guitar Shark
11-08-2006, 06:53 PM
redfire is old school.

FORD
11-08-2006, 06:57 PM
Yep, he's old school, an original member of EUAS, and would probably be a liberal if he had been born in any other state. ;)

knuckleboner
11-08-2006, 07:17 PM
What areas are they? I mean, are they in the Va Beach area, or Northern Va or what?

isle of wight county and james city county. sorta tidewater-esque.

definitely not the major population areas.

redfire
11-08-2006, 07:26 PM
Yep, he's old school, an original member of EUAS, and would probably be a liberal if he had been born in any other state. ;)

Haha, I don't know about that man. I suppose it all depends on a persons definition of both conservative and liberal. I like to think of myself as someone who sees both sides of the issue. And I try to encourage others that way. No one person has all their shit together and is able to know what the best course of action should be in every situation. But if you get 100, or 300+ people together, your chances of findind the person who should know the best course of action increases. And it's that person's job to argue and convince everyone else that he or she is correct.

This might sound bad, but I don't give a fuck about the rest of the world. We're not the world's police. We shouldn't have people in Iraq right now. We're the third party in a religious war. That's it. For their to be peace, the sunni and shiites needs to fucking stop killing each other. Or let them do it till they're all dead, and then start from scratch. But I also know that a lot of people don't want us to leave because we're too proud. Proud that men and women went over there and kick out a madman, and we haven't finished the fight. And I can see why some would say, if we pull everyone out, that would be embarassing to both the country and maybe a lot of troops. But lets weigh the options: Embarassment or death. Personally, I'd take embarassment.

That's why you can't look at a person's party or even ideology and say "well I'm gonna vote this way because they said their a conservative or a liberal." You have listen to them and decide if they're a glory or power hound, or if they know as a elected official they're suppose to be a SERVANT.

Is that wishful thinking, to a degree. But I think it's my job to educate people in knowing this. Liberal, conservative, whatever. I'm for doing what's best for the Nation, not my party, not my ideology, not the rest of the world, but for the United States.

knuckleboner
11-08-2006, 07:30 PM

(And I'm going to take my LSAT soon)

good GOD! not another one!!...
;)

Guitar Shark
11-08-2006, 07:30 PM
Good to see you in here red... it's rare that we see lengthy, reasoned posts in this forum. ;)

redfire
11-08-2006, 07:36 PM
isle of wight county and james city county. sorta tidewater-esque.

definitely not the major population areas.

Ok, I was paid to work in the Gov election last year. That was awful. But, I know where Isle of Wight and James City county are. I worked a lot in James City. He wouldn't be able to make up the votes unless he has takes like a 90% right?

redfire
11-08-2006, 07:42 PM
Good to see you in here red... it's rare that we see lengthy, reasoned posts in this forum. ;)

I think that's why I left in the first place, lol. Except I was using reason to explain why David was better than Sam, and how Sam and Ed wouldn't last, but Dave and Ed could. Part of that has been proven. :)

good GOD! not another one!!...
;)

You wouldn't believe me if I told you the other job I'm lined up for. But it's not for certain, whereas law school would be more certain. I actually want to be just a public defender. I was talking with a lawyer, from a nice law firm, and he said the public defenders (in OK) are often people that didn't have the best education, or the best in their class, and that's why they weren't working at law firms. And I thought that was messed up.

knuckleboner
11-08-2006, 08:58 PM
Ok, I was paid to work in the Gov election last year. That was awful. But, I know where Isle of Wight and James City county are. I worked a lot in James City. He wouldn't be able to make up the votes unless he has takes like a 90% right?

oh, there's no chance he makes up anywhere close to enough in those precincts.

and to be honest, when the recount comes (and it will), he won't be able to make up enough there, either.

and yeah, public defenders are usually paid pretty low. that's often why a lot of talent goes elsewhere. and it's tough work; you don't get a lot of time or resources to dedicate to the cases.

not trying to discourage, though. it's noble, necessary work.

though, i don't know, shark, can we let another lawyer in the club?...

ODShowtime
11-08-2006, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by jacksmar

False.

What happened is that the bullshit President you still support is finally being repudiated by the electorate.

"comie librats"

what a moron.

redfire
11-08-2006, 09:20 PM
and yeah, public defenders are usually paid pretty low. that's often why a lot of talent goes elsewhere. and it's tough work; you don't get a lot of time or resources to dedicate to the cases.

not trying to discourage, though. it's noble, necessary work.

though, i don't know, shark, can we let another lawyer in the club?...

There's a Army Lawyer's club? lol, like I said, I'm still just preparing for the LSATs.

It's funny, I just heard Pat Buchanan (who I generally disagree with everything he says) said that the Conservative base needs to hit the reset button and figure out what makes someone a Conservative I guess.

Since it is now official that the Dems have taken both the House and Senate, can we move on to Presidential candidates for '08? ;)

DEMON CUNT
11-08-2006, 09:21 PM
The reason the Democrats took control had nothing to do with anything they offered. It had everything to do with the fact that the Republicans in Congress left their conservative values on the '04 campaign trail.

Spin it however you want, mr. immigration issue, but you are one of the LOSERS!

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/7290/bushfinger3sx7.gif

HA! HA! HA!

knuckleboner
11-08-2006, 09:25 PM
There's a Army Lawyer's club?

just who do you think fucked up the 2000 reunion?...

Warham
11-08-2006, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
Spin it however you want, mr. immigration issue, but you are one of the LOSERS!

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/7290/bushfinger3sx7.gif

HA! HA! HA!

I haven't spun anything, Demon Monkey.

I gave the reasons why they lost, and they are all true.

I'm not a loser. I'm a conservative. Conservatism always wins at the ballot box. The Republicans will do well to come back to that in '08.

DEMON CUNT
11-08-2006, 09:41 PM
I haven't spun anything, Demon Monkey.

I gave the reasons why they lost, and they are all true.

I'm not a loser. I'm a conservative. Conservatism always wins at the ballot box. The Republicans will do well to come back to that in '08.

Spoken like a big time loser! Victory belongs to the democrats!

And Rumsfeld gone the next day! Ha ha! BONUS!

Careful with those predictions, Mr. Immigration Issue. You have been terribly mistaken in the past!

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2006/11/08/Pelosi372.jpg

What does complete and utter DEFEAT taste like? Like crap maybe?

http://www.navycs.com/gallery2/d/4364-1/loser.JPG

HA HA! I mock your defeat with laughter!

Warham
11-08-2006, 09:48 PM
I'm fine with the defeat.

I'm fine with Rumsfeld resigning.

I'm fine with admitting I was wrong.

I'm fine with you being an ass too.

:)

DEMON CUNT
11-08-2006, 09:51 PM

I'm fine with you being an ass too.

Are you fine with being a loser? A complete and total loser?

Welcome to reality. Bush supporter superstar!

Ha ha!

Seshmeister
11-08-2006, 09:52 PM
Always one to rain on the parade but how many of these elected Democrats voted against the Patriot Act or the war in Iraq?

redfire
11-08-2006, 09:53 PM
Rumsfeld gone is a bonus for everyone.

Warham
11-08-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
Are you fine with being a loser? A complete and total loser?

Welcome to reality. Bush supporter superstar!

Ha ha!

I'm fine with the Republican party out of control for two years. They need to come back down to the core base, and come back strong in two years.

FORD
11-08-2006, 10:18 PM
Heard this little 60 second ad on XM earlier today.

They suggested that Chuck Hagel is what a Republican Senator should be, and that Russ Feingold is what a Democratic Senator should be.

Aside from Hagel's involvement with ES&S "voting" machines, I'd have to agree on both counts.

redfire
11-08-2006, 10:34 PM
I'm fine with the Republican party out of control for two years. They need to come back down to the core base, and come back strong in two years.

Yeah, they need to refind the principle's of Reagan, and not be greedy for the most seats, but to put the best candidates forward. Otherwise, they'll lose again.

Warham
11-09-2006, 07:20 AM
Yeah, they need to refind the principle's of Reagan, and not be greedy for the most seats, but to put the best candidates forward. Otherwise, they'll lose again.

What Would Reagan Do? is the question they should be asking themselves.

Seshmeister
11-09-2006, 07:24 AM
Give Bush his bottle?

http://www.newsdrip.com/bedtime.jpg

BigBadBrian
11-09-2006, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Always one to rain on the parade but how many of these elected Democrats voted against the Patriot Act or the war in Iraq?

True enough.

This is something Hillary and other potential Dem frontrunners for the Oval Office must contend with.

:gulp:

BigBadBrian
11-09-2006, 07:47 AM

I'm fine with you (Demon Monkey) being an ass too.

:)

Agreed.

:gulp:

knuckleboner
11-09-2006, 12:24 PM
you heard it here first...word on the street is that allen has just conceeded...

Guitar Shark
11-09-2006, 03:53 PM
Well, it's official now. Should make for an interesting next two years.

YAY GRIDLOCK!!! ;)

BigBadBrian
11-09-2006, 03:55 PM
Well, it's official now. Should make for an interesting next two years.

YAY GRIDLOCK!!! ;)

Yeah....Gridlock.

Or both sides will actually have to work together instead of the same old shit and jockeying for '08.

Figure the odds of working together. :rolleyes:

FORD
11-09-2006, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Yeah....Gridlock.

Or both sides will actually have to work together instead of the same old shit and jockeying for '08.

Considering the first thing the BCE did was announce their intentions to force that fucking piece of shit Bolton through the lame duck Congress, Gridlock would probably be prefferable. In the same way a tourniquet isn't ideal, but it keeps you from bleeding to death, and Chimp has been bleeding the country dry for 6 years.

BigBadBrian
11-09-2006, 04:07 PM
Considering the first thing the BCE did was announce their intentions to force that fucking piece of shit Bolton through the lame duck Congress, Gridlock would probably be prefferable. In the same way a tourniquet isn't ideal, but it keeps you from bleeding to death, and Chimp has been bleeding the country dry for 6 years.

For God's sake man, shove that BCE shit up your ass! You're the only bastard in here that believes in that shit. Yeah, Poppy Bush is down in Houston running this country, every aspect of it, with "remote control." :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hardrock69
11-09-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Yeah....Gridlock.

No shit. the monkey would rather eat his own shit than to do anything that actually might help the American Public.

BigBadBrian
11-09-2006, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
No shit. the monkey would rather eat his own shit than to do anything that actually might help the American Public.

http://joebrower.com/PHILE_PILE/PIX/EVIL_PEOPLE/Pelosi_Nancy/pelosi_monkey.jpg

Really now. That's not a very positive attitude now is it?

You need to give your new Speaker a chance like I will.