PDA

View Full Version : Breaking: Useless Prick Rumsfeld Sacked...

Seshmeister
11-08-2006, 12:55 PM
Bush is about to announce this.

5 years too late...

Guitar Shark
11-08-2006, 12:57 PM
Sounds like it's actually happening.

CNN BREAKING NEWS

-- Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld is stepping down, sources tell CNN.

redfire
11-08-2006, 01:00 PM
5 years too late, lol... Too bad it's true.

Steve Savicki
11-08-2006, 01:02 PM
Better late than never.

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geusy5G1JFMf0AddpXNyoA/SIG=12s113giu/EXP=1163095353/**http%3a//news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061108/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/rumsfeld_resigns_3

Seshmeister
11-08-2006, 01:02 PM
You can argue policies one way or the other but Rumsfeld was completely fucking incompetant.

There is something wrong with the system when you can have that asshole for so long.

LoungeMachine
11-08-2006, 01:06 PM
GRATE DAY IN AMERICA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But it does kind of remind me when ASScroft stepped down the morning after the 2004 "election"

Let me guess....

He wants to spend more time with his family, and LESS time appearing before CONGRESS

Steve Savicki
11-08-2006, 01:06 PM
The face of a happy man?
<center>http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20061108/capt.sge.jtr94.081106165049.photo00.photo.default-512x387.jpg?x=380&y=287&sig=2_fVGJqXkKYy.n8cgdH3ng--</center>

Guitar Shark
11-08-2006, 01:08 PM
Even if he steps down, wouldn't he still be subject to the subpoena power of Congress?

LoungeMachine
11-08-2006, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Even if he steps down, wouldn't he still be subject to the subpoena power of Congress?

You're the attorney.

You tell us. ;)

I would sure hope so....

Hardrock69
11-08-2006, 01:10 PM
Good riddance. He is almost as much of a worthless fuck as Chimpy.

One down, several more to go (including Chimpy).

He probably realizes Chimpeachment is right around the corner, and wants to get out, though of course he is still subject to criminal prosecution.

redfire
11-08-2006, 01:11 PM
Bush is going to nominate the current President of Texas A&M University.....

So we replaced an incompetent person with the President of a Fake Military school....

Doesn't he know Bush know that just because A&M thinks they're a military school, it doesn't actually make them a military school?

frets5150
11-08-2006, 01:12 PM
LoungeMachine

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT A DUPE NONETHELESS

I was 8 min to late I looked and didn't see a thread on this.But great news anyway now lets get Chimpy out...:mad:

redfire
11-08-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Good riddance. He is almost as much of a worthless fuck as Chimpy.

One down, several more to go (including Chimpy).

He probably realizes Chimpeachment is right around the corner, and wants to get out, though of course he is still subject to criminal prosecution.

If Bush is impeached or stepped down, that would Cheney President..... And I don't think ANYONE wants that.

Soul Reaper
11-08-2006, 01:14 PM
let's hope it's Cheney or/and Chimpy next....

FORD
11-08-2006, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by redfire
If Bush is impeached or stepped down, that would Cheney President..... And I don't think ANYONE wants that.

So impeach Cheney first ;)

LoungeMachine
11-08-2006, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by frets5150
LoungeMachine

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT A DUPE NONETHELESS

I was 8 min to late I looked and didn't see a thread on this.But great news anyway now lets get Chimpy out...:mad:

Well at least you were the first of us Yanks to get it :D

GRATE DAY IN AMERICA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M SORRY....IS THAT CONSIDERED GLOATING???

LoungeMachine
11-08-2006, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by FORD
So impeach Cheney first ;)

Mr. Speaker.....

The President Of The United States, Nancy Pelosi :D

Hardrock69
11-08-2006, 01:41 PM
I am sure there is enough corruption and criminal activity committed by Dickless Cheney that it would easily be possible to force him out first....

Seshmeister
11-08-2006, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Mr. Speaker.....

The President Of The United States, Nancy Pelosi :D

So you're screwed no matter what happens.

Bush, Cheney or a woman...;)

Hardrock69
11-08-2006, 02:09 PM
Aww Rummy is so saaaad...

:rolleyes:

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/POLITICS/11/08/rumsfeld/newt1.rumsfeld4.gi.jpg

redfire
11-08-2006, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Bush, Cheney or a woman...;)

Are we sure about her, err... it.

frets5150
11-08-2006, 02:17 PM

GRATE DAY IN AMERICA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M SORRY....IS THAT CONSIDERED GLOATING???

:lol:

The Sheep are kinda quiet today.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/FRETS5150/sheepjump.gifhttp://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/FRETS5150/sheepjump.gifhttp://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/FRETS5150/sheepjump.gif

Hardrock69
11-08-2006, 02:19 PM
Where is BBB?

Probably sobbing while fucking himself in the ass with his autographed Foley dildo....
:D

Seshmeister
11-08-2006, 03:38 PM

To be fair I'm five hours ahead...

Little Texan
11-08-2006, 03:38 PM
Halelluyah! About fucking time! Let's just hope the new guy isn't as much or more of an idiot than Crumsfeld! Although I'm not a Democrat (I voted that way), the past couple of days have to have been great days to be a Democrat! I'm happy with the changes that have taken place the past couple of days!

Little Texan
11-08-2006, 03:42 PM
Robert Gates's first order of business: withdraw forces currently in Iraq and replace them with Texas A&M Corps of Cadets! :D

An Aggie is the new U.S. Secretary of Defense...we're fucked! :eek:

Little Texan
11-08-2006, 03:46 PM
Bush is going to nominate the current President of Texas A&M University.....

So we replaced an incompetent person with the President of a Fake Military school....

Doesn't he know Bush know that just because A&M thinks they're a military school, it doesn't actually make them a military school?

I think Bush is an Aggie, himself! He thinks, acts, and makes decisions like one!

Little Texan
11-08-2006, 03:48 PM
Is it any coincidence that Poppy Bush's Presidential Library is at Texas A&M University?

crowley
11-08-2006, 04:13 PM
The Dems just can't wait to cut and run in Iraq and roll out the red carpet for terrorists to attack the US directly.

Ellyllions
11-08-2006, 04:20 PM
There won't be any "cut and running". If we pull out it will be done in a civilized and organized manner. Once the new Iraqi government started calling for a removal...we can't ignore it. We should'nt have ignored it this long. If they collapse into civil war, then that's their problem at this point.

But I can't help but feel somewhat apprehensive at the whole state of disarray our Government is in. I just hope the Dems can straighten it all out.

Got my fingers crossed that we've all done the right thing. Unfortunately it's a waiting game at this point.

LoungeMachine
11-08-2006, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by crowley
The Dems just can't wait to cut and run in Iraq and roll out the red carpet for terrorists to attack the US directly.

Great, now the Moronic Troll Brigade from 2 fucking years ago is back...

blueturk
11-08-2006, 05:10 PM
Read THIS bullshit! And try not to laugh too fucking hard...Newspeak is alive and well.

"Bob follows in the footsteps of one of America's most skilled and capable national security leaders, Donald Rumsfeld. Don is the longest-serving member of my Cabinet. And next month he will reach another milestone when he becomes the longest-serving secretary of defense in the history of our nation.

BUSH: I appreciate his willingness to continue serving until his successor is in place because, in a time of war, our nation cannot be without a strong and steady hand leading our Department of Defense.

Don has served in times of great consequence for our nation. Few will forget the image of Don Rumsfeld as he helped rescue workers carry the victims from the rubble of the Pentagon on September the 11th, 2001.

In the weeks that followed, he directed the effect to plan our nation's military response to an unprecedented attack on our soil. Under his leadership, U.S. and coalition forces launched one of the most innovative military campaigns in the history of modern warfare, driving the Taliban and its Al Qaida allies from power in a matter of weeks.

In 2003, on my orders, he led the planning and execution of another historic military campaign, Operation Iraqi Freedom, that drove Saddam Hussein from power and helped the Iraqi people establish a constitutional democracy in the heart of the Middle East.

BUSH: History will record that on Don Rumsfeld's watch the men and women of our military overthrew two terrorist regimes, liberated some 50 million people, brought justice to the terrorist, Zarqawi, and scores of senior Al Qaida operatives, and helped stop new terrorist attacks on our people.

America is safer and the world is more secure because of the service and the leadership of Donald Rumsfeld.

As he led the Pentagon in an unprecedented war, Don never took his eye off another vital responsibility: preparing America for the threats that await us as this new century unfolds.

He developed a new defense strategy. He established a new Northern Command to protect the homeland, a new Joint Forces Command to focus on transformation, a new Strategic Command to defend against long-range attack, and transformed U.S. Special Operations Command for the war on terror.

BUSH: He led our efforts to create a new NATO response force that allows NATO to deploy rapidly anywhere in the world. He undertook the most sweeping transformation of America's global force posture since the end of World War II. He revitalized America's efforts to develop and deploy ballistic missile defenses, and led a comprehensive review of America's nuclear forces that has allowed us to undertake dramatic reductions in offensive nuclear weapons.

Don's work in these areas did not often make the headlines. But the reforms that set in motion -- that he has set in motion -- are historic and they will enhance the security of the American people for decades to come.

Over the past six years, I've relied on Don Rumsfeld's advice and counsel. I've come to know his character and his integrity.

As the secretary of defense, he has been dedicated to his mission, loyal to his president, and devoted to the courageous men and women of our armed forces.

Don once famously said there are known knowns, there are known unknowns and there are unknown unknowns.

BUSH: Well, Mr. Secretary, here is a known known: Your service has made America stronger and made America a safer nation. You will be missed. And I wish you and Joyce all the best in the years to come.

Don Rumsfeld's a tough act to follow...."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/11/08/AR2006110801579.html

LoungeMachine
11-08-2006, 05:13 PM
And isn't Rummy's replacement one of the guys involved in Iran-Contra???

It's like Chimpy only hires those previously involved in death squads and coke running.

blueturk
11-08-2006, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by crowley

You're really buying this shit? What a fucking idiot.

"The only way we can win is to leave before the job is done." --George W. Bush, Greeley, Colo., Nov. 4, 2006

Warham
11-08-2006, 05:26 PM
I'm actually glad that Bush finally accepted Rumsfeld's resignation after four chances. He must have flipped a coin to see whether he would accept.

Bush really fucked this all up. He could have fired his ass six months ago, and perhaps could have gotten more conservative turnout at the polls.

LoungeMachine
11-08-2006, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Warham
I'm actually glad that Bush finally accepted Rumsfeld's resignation after four chances. He must have flipped a coin to see whether he would accept.

Bush really fucked this all up. He could have fired his ass six months ago, and perhaps could have gotten more conservative turnout at the polls.

I actually agree with this.....

Had Bush fired Rummy even 3 months ago this election would have turned out slightly better in your favor...

blueturk
11-08-2006, 05:35 PM

...Bush really fucked this all up. He could have fired his ass six months ago, and perhaps could have gotten more conservative turnout at the polls.

It might have helped. But more and more people are realizing that invading Iraq had nothing to do with any war on terrorism....

"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." --George W. Bush, interview with CBS News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006

Warham
11-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by blueturk
It might have helped. But more and more people are realizing that invading Iraq had nothing to do with any war on terrorism....

I'm not so sure of that.

The people in Connecticut re-elected Lieberman, who's a big pro-war guy and has backed Bush during this war, over Lamont, who's a big anti-war guy.

It wasn't really close either.

Warham
11-08-2006, 05:41 PM
It all boils down to this:

If you had a big R next to your name this election, you were fucked. Anybody else was safe, even independents.

If I'm right about this, Heath Shuler, who's a former quarterback for the Redskins, ran as a conservative Democrat this time around and won. He ran for Congress a few years back as a Republican, losing that time.

Same thing with Webb in Virginia, and a few other places. They switched parties and won, even though they are nearly as conservative as the Republicans they ran against.

blueturk
11-08-2006, 06:09 PM
I'm not so sure of that.

The people in Connecticut re-elected Lieberman, who's a big pro-war guy and has backed Bush during this war, over Lamont, who's a big anti-war guy.

It wasn't really close either.

Lamont's campaign left a lot to be desired....

Warham
11-08-2006, 06:11 PM
Well, I can't disagree with you there. He really had no answers to any questions. I think the only reason he was nominated in Ct. was because of his war stance, not because of any command of the issues regarding that state.

Seshmeister
11-08-2006, 06:15 PM
http://www.ianbranson.com/images/pelosi.jpg

Lqskdiver
11-08-2006, 06:22 PM

If you had a big R next to your name this election, you were fucked. Anybody else was safe, even independents.

If I'm right about this, Heath Shuler, who's a former quarterback for the Redskins, ran as a conservative Democrat this time around and won. He ran for Congress a few years back as a Republican, losing that time.

Same thing with Webb in Virginia, and a few other places. They switched parties and won, even though they are nearly as conservative as the Republicans they ran against.

If that is the case, then there is still hope for conservatives.

As for Rumsfeld...why do we not blame the source for all the violence and failures in securing Iraq.

THE OPPOSING FORCES.

Everyone knew it was going to be a difficult struggle. I don't recall anyone saying it would be done overnight...badabing badaboom! We're out!

But in all honestly, Rumsfeld did fail. And he knows it. But given the circumstances, its easy to be an armchair quarterback.

Hyndesite is 20/20.

FORD
11-08-2006, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Little Texan
Robert Gates's first order of business: withdraw forces currently in Iraq and replace them with Texas A&M Corps of Cadets! :D

Maybe they can build one of their "log pyramids" and kill the insurgents like they kill their own students?

LoungeMachine
11-08-2006, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Lqskdiver

Everyone knew it was going to be a difficult struggle. I don't recall anyone saying it would be done overnight...badabing badaboom! We're out!

Really?

You don;t recall the phrases SLAM DUNK or CAKEWALK being thrown about by members of this administration???? :rolleyes:

please.

And had a PLAN for the OCCUPATION been in place MOST of the 2,800++ service members who gave their lives might still be with us.

Who was it that threatened to FIRE any General who discussed plans ofr the occupation?

Oh yeah. Rumsfeld :mad:

I suppose you wouldn't take up arms against an occupying force who invaded our country either.

WE KNEW THIS WAS COMING, AND DID NOTHING TO STOP IT.

Shit, we couldn't even secure the FUCKING ammo dumps :rolleyes:

LoungeMachine
11-08-2006, 06:33 PM

Let's not confuse true "Conservatives" with the Neo-Cons who hijacked this country 6 years ago.

Mkay?

LoungeMachine
11-08-2006, 06:34 PM

Hyndesite is 20/20.

Hyndesite?

Is that a website dedicated to The Pretenders?

hindsight.

Seshmeister
11-08-2006, 06:35 PM
No poster left behind...

Warham
11-08-2006, 06:39 PM
[B]Really?

You don;t recall the phrases SLAM DUNK or CAKEWALK being thrown about by members of this administration???? :rolleyes:
/B]

I remember Tenet telling Bush WMD's were a 'slam dunk'. Tenet was one of Clinton's leftovers who Bush should have canned the minute he took office.

LoungeMachine
11-08-2006, 06:40 PM
LOL

He got the 20/20 part right....

FORD
11-08-2006, 06:41 PM
Did anybody see the Chimp's press conference this morning? Apparently he said a bad word and got bleeped.

How pResidential of him :rolleyes:

Warham
Let's not confuse true "Conservatives" with the Neo-Cons who hijacked this country 6 years ago.

Mkay?

Yeah, but he's not talking about Bush, he's talking about the members of Congress.

You aren't suggesting that every Republican that served in Congress these last two years was a 'neocon', are you?

LoungeMachine
I remember Tenet telling Bush WMD's were a 'slam dunk'. Tenet was one of Clinton's leftovers who Bush should have canned the minute he took office.

But he didn't.

Instead, he used it to bolster his reasons to go to war.

How pathetic is that in "hyndesite"?

Warham
11-08-2006, 06:44 PM
I'm not sure that Saddam didn't have a weapons program.

Didn't the NY Times just publish an article two or three days ago that Saddam had a nuclear program running during the last ten years?

LoungeMachine
11-08-2006, 06:44 PM
Yeah, but he's not talking about Bush, he's talking about the members of Congress.

You aren't suggesting that every Republican that served in Congress these last two years was a 'neocon', are you?

No.

But I'm glad to see he has you to speak up for him while he Googles Hyndesite to see if he was right :D

The [true] Conservative members of congress were rubber stamp lapdogs for the most part [McCain somewhat excused]

And now they've paid the price for not standing up to BushCO earlier.

:cool:

LoungeMachine
11-08-2006, 06:45 PM
I'm not sure that Saddam didn't have a weapons program.

Didn't the NY Times just publish an article two or three days ago that Saddam had a nuclear program running during the last ten years?

And Invasion, Overthrow, and 5++ year Occupation is the only recourse available to the strongest, richest nation on earth?

Bullshit, Warham.

We went to war because the NeoCons WANTED to go to war.

Accept that. :cool:

Warham
11-08-2006, 06:46 PM
Well, I agree that they've rubberstamped all the spending, which is ridiculous.

Yep, the toll has been taken on the party.

:(

I like Hyndesite. It's got some good mp3s for download.

FORD
11-08-2006, 06:46 PM

But "cakewalk" was straight outta the mouths of the PNAC'ers who then controlled the Pentagon and most of Chimpy's cabinet. And they continued to use that type of language right up through Junior's "Top Gun" stunt on the USS Lincoln, if not after that staged event.

Warham
11-08-2006, 06:48 PM
And Invasion, Overthrow, and 5++ year Occupation is the only recourse available to the strongest, richest nation on earth?

Bullshit, Warham.

We went to war because the NeoCons WANTED to go to war.

Accept that. :cool:

It wasn't the only recourse we used, and you know that. We tried the UN route, which was a disaster. Kofi just likes to sit on his hands while all these dictators develop nuclear weapons.

Seshmeister
11-08-2006, 06:58 PM
Memorable Quotes by Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld
"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started."

"We do know of certain knowledge that he [Osama Bin Laden] is either in Afghanistan, or in some other country, or dead."

"We know where they are. They're in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south and north somewhat." –on Iraq's weapons of mass destruction

"Death has a tendency to encourage a depressing view of war."

"Freedom's untidy, and free people are free to make mistakes and commit crimes and do bad things." –on looting in Iraq after the U.S. invasion, adding "stuff happens"

"As you know, you go to war with the army you have, not the army you might want or wish to have at a later time."

"I am not going to give you a number for it because it's not my business to do intelligent work." -asked to estimate the number of Iraqi insurgents while testifying before Congress

"I believe what I said yesterday.

redfire
11-08-2006, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Little Texan
I think Bush is an Aggie, himself! He thinks, acts, and makes decisions like one!

Haha! Hey, you ever seen their band march? I swear, they march like Nazis...

Seshmeister
11-08-2006, 07:10 PM
It wasn't the only recourse we used, and you know that. We tried the UN route, which was a disaster. Kofi just likes to sit on his hands while all these dictators develop nuclear weapons.

It was a disaster because the UN couldn't find WMD's which didn't exist that Bush wanted and needed to exist.

FORD
11-08-2006, 07:11 PM
Memorable Quotes by Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld
"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started."

"We do know of certain knowledge that he [Osama Bin Laden] is either in Afghanistan, or in some other country, or dead."

"We know where they are. They're in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south and north somewhat." –on Iraq's weapons of mass destruction

"Death has a tendency to encourage a depressing view of war."

"Freedom's untidy, and free people are free to make mistakes and commit crimes and do bad things." –on looting in Iraq after the U.S. invasion, adding "stuff happens"

"As you know, you go to war with the army you have, not the army you might want or wish to have at a later time."

"I am not going to give you a number for it because it's not my business to do intelligent work." -asked to estimate the number of Iraqi insurgents while testifying before Congress

"I believe what I said yesterday.

You forgot the best Rummyism ever.....

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know."

LoungeMachine
11-08-2006, 07:34 PM

Yes or no.

Did Iraq present a DIRECT threat against us?

No.

We simply needed soemwhere else to use as a base of operations after leaving Saudi soil per OBL's wishes....

Dammit, Warham, you're just being you again.....

WE DID NOT NEED TO GO TO WAR THEN AND THERE, AND YOU KNOW IT.

blueturk
11-08-2006, 07:45 PM
Here is why we are in Iraq. Plain and fucking simple.

"After all, this is the guy who tried to kill my dad." - George W. Bush referring to Saddam Hussein, Sept. 27, 2002

Dr. Love
11-08-2006, 07:55 PM
This is why I like divided government.

Seshmeister
11-08-2006, 08:08 PM
The arrogance of this useless evil cunt knows no bounds.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=2639434

In brief remarks, Rumsfeld described the Iraq conflict as a "little understood, unfamiliar war" that is "complex for people to comprehend."

Yeah we're the fucking dummies that are too stupid to realise what a great job you did.

Fuck off.

redfire
11-08-2006, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
This is why I like divided government.

Agreed...

Warham
11-08-2006, 08:37 PM
It was a disaster because the UN couldn't find WMD's which didn't exist that Bush wanted and needed to exist.

How could they find any when Saddam was kicking the inspectors out every six months?

Warham
11-08-2006, 08:39 PM
Did Iraq present a DIRECT threat against us?

Yes, but not militarily.

LoungeMachine
11-08-2006, 09:07 PM
How could they find any when Saddam was kicking the inspectors out every six months?

Umm, Warham.....

Hans Blix holding for you on line 1

LoungeMachine
11-08-2006, 09:08 PM
Yes, but not militarily.

Funny how you don't say how, if not militarily then....

Let me guess....

Drones?

Dr. Love
11-08-2006, 09:23 PM
His Information Minister was better than ours at propaganda and spin.

And we ain't havin' none of that.

ODShowtime
11-08-2006, 09:25 PM
Another gratifying development.

I almost shit my pants when I saw this at work.

A manager and I were remarking on how gw stated just a few days ago that rummy was staying' put.

What a fuckin' liar.

ODShowtime
11-08-2006, 09:28 PM
You know, the fact that they waited until after the election to do this indicates that gw&friends didn't know if they'd have control of the legislature or not.

Warham
11-08-2006, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
Another gratifying development.

I almost shit my pants when I saw this at work.

A manager and I were remarking on how gw stated just a few days ago that rummy was staying' put.

What a fuckin' liar.

What did you expect him to say a few days ago, that Rumsfeld was gone if the Dems won back the Congress?

Yeah, like that was going to happen. Perhaps if it did, more conservatives would've voted for Republicans. Be thankful he kept his mouth shut, or the Democrats might not have won so big.

Seshmeister
11-08-2006, 09:40 PM

I don't understand your logic.

Warham
11-08-2006, 09:44 PM
I don't understand your logic.

It's pretty simple, Sesh.

If the inspectors didn't have regular access to Saddam's labs and warehouses, how the hell would they have known what he was doing those ten years (91-01)?

He was very subversive.

FORD
11-08-2006, 10:25 PM
It's pretty simple, Sesh.

If the inspectors didn't have regular access to Saddam's labs and warehouses, how the hell would they have known what he was doing those ten years (91-01)?

He was very subversive.

Put yourself in Saddam's shoes for a second....

You're a secular dictator surrounded by fundie Islamist revolutionaries, and nearby countries include an imperialist power (Soviet Union) and another nation who already made a hostile strike against one of your nuclear power reactors (Israel).

You have to project military strength in order to keep all of the above at bay. Meanwhile you have the Americans breathing down your neck to disarm.

What would YOU do?

Seshmeister
11-08-2006, 10:51 PM
Yeah and he was badly advised.

It's like Hitler if you start killing people who give you bad news you don't get accurate info and start to fuck up badly.

In my more optimistic moments I like to think that's why good overcomes evil regimes because evil dictators in history tend to be shit because of that.

redfire
11-08-2006, 11:20 PM
You know, the fact that they waited until after the election to do this indicates that gw&friends didn't know if they'd have control of the legislature or not.

I read a little differently. I think Bush axed him today due to how overwhelming the Democrats were elected. But I think he was going to do it anyways, around January is actually what I was thinking. But I think he did it to show people that Cheney isn't pulling his strings. (insert some else's punchline here)

LoungeMachine
11-08-2006, 11:25 PM
I read a little differently. I think Bush axed him today due to how overwhelming the Democrats were elected. But I think he was going to do it anyways, around January is actually what I was thinking. But I think he did it to show people that Cheney isn't pulling his strings. (insert some else's punchline here)

It's already been verified he met with Gates at Crawford last week.

I think they were going to pull the plug on Rummy earlier, but didnt have their replacement firmed up.

It's a seller's market right now on former Iran-Contra Thugs, and Chimpy hadn't met his demands yet.

You have to think that if they could have pulled the trigger prior to it being an OBVIOUS "October -Surprise" they would have.....

The day after is so unRovelike.

They even fucked this up. :D

It cost them the Senate.

Lqskdiver
11-08-2006, 11:34 PM
Geezus, Lounge, you would think you'd be happy about them not pulling the October surprise.

You'd be screaming bloody murder if they had pulled that and then whined if we had one the election.

Again, and example between whiny sore losers and bad arrogant winners.

LoungeMachine
11-08-2006, 11:40 PM
Geezus, Lounge, you would think you'd be happy about them not pulling the October surprise.

Where'd I say I'm not happy about this?

Why is reading comprehension never a "Republican Value"?

I'm just pointing out what many FORMER Republican Congressmen are thinking right now.....

You guys can't get even the simplest shit right.

Hardrock69
11-08-2006, 11:51 PM

It was smart to wait. But of course they are not happy campers right now.

Hardrock69
11-08-2006, 11:51 PM

Well actually it was the Democrats who pulled a NOVEMBER surprise.

redfire
11-09-2006, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Well actually it was the Democrats who pulled a NOVEMBER surprise.

What suprise was that? Watching the Reps continue to do stupid things?

LoungeMachine
11-09-2006, 01:05 AM
What suprise was that? Watching the Reps continue to do stupid things?

You know, in the wake of Iraq, Katrina, Cunningham, DeLay, Abramoff, Foley, Immigration, et al if the Dems couldn't pull out a win they should have been banished to Canada for life.

Nickdfresh
11-09-2006, 06:57 AM
He should be tried and jailed...

Nickdfresh
11-09-2006, 06:58 AM
BTW, where are all these mensa neocons coming from now? Where were they when their gov't needed them to defend torture, corruption, and hiding gay pedophile congressmen?

ODShowtime
11-09-2006, 07:22 AM
But in all honestly, Rumsfeld did fail. And he knows it. But given the circumstances, its easy to be an armchair quarterback.

Hyndesite is 20/20.

Does it really take a genius to figure out that there'd be an unstoppable guerilla war? We didn't secure ammo dumps and we let the army melt into the population, because we skimped on the troops.

All you had to do was watch Israel and the Fedayeen vidoes saddam put out to know what would happen.

Wake up. It was extreme incompetence at best... or worse.

ODShowtime
11-09-2006, 07:28 AM
What did you expect him to say a few days ago, that Rumsfeld was gone if the Dems won back the Congress?

I expected him to lie, like he always does, because he's a big fucking liar. :rolleyes:

ODShowtime
11-09-2006, 07:32 AM

Also, they like to get all the bad news out on ONE day. They're funny like that.

BigBadBrian
11-09-2006, 07:32 AM

Agreed.

Like I said in another thread, the people of Virginia either got Republican or Republican-lite for Senator in this election.

People don't realize that Jim Webb campaigned hard for George Allen to get the previous Democratica Senator (Chuck Robb) tossed out of office.

:gulp:

BigBadBrian
11-09-2006, 07:33 AM
Anyway, I think we can all agree that it's a good thing that Rumsfeld is out.

ODShowtime
11-09-2006, 07:33 AM

You'd be screaming bloody murder if they had pulled that and then whined if we had one the election.

Again, and example between whiny sore losers and bad arrogant winners.

gimme a break you neocon puke. :rolleyes:

ODShowtime
11-09-2006, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Anyway, I think we can all agree that it's a good thing that Rumsfeld is out.

ok, we can agree on that

Lqskdiver
11-09-2006, 09:36 AM
Where'd I say I'm not happy about this?

Why is reading comprehension never a "Republican Value"?

I'm just pointing out what many FORMER Republican Congressmen are thinking right now.....

You guys can't get even the simplest shit right.

My beef is you're calling it a fuck up as if you know exactly that is what transpired.

Look, none of us will know why Rummy decided to wait till after the election. I'm pointing out that if he had done this prior to the election you would have seen such an uproar on the left and in the media like no other.

Lqskdiver
11-09-2006, 09:42 AM
Does it really take a genius to figure out that there'd be an unstoppable guerilla war? We didn't secure ammo dumps and we let the army melt into the population, because we skimped on the troops.

All you had to do was watch Israel and the Fedayeen vidoes saddam put out to know what would happen.

Wake up. It was extreme incompetence at best... or worse.

Hey, OD, hello the fuck to you, tool!!! I was beginning to wonder if you still dragged yer knuckles around these parts.

My post was in indication that most media mongers are claiming that the white house had no inkling that their would be difficultiies in securing iraq. Well, no shit!

Is it unstoppable as you claim? I don't think so. I believe once the seed of democracy is planted change is bound to take place. But like every garden your're fighting weeds that want to continue infesting themselve.

So do you continue to tend the garden, or just walk away and say fuck it.

Don't dwell on coulda, woulda, shoulda...

What the fuck do you suggest happens now?

Lqskdiver
11-09-2006, 09:43 AM
ok, we can agree on that

Agreed.