PDA

View Full Version : Dio: The Rumours Are absolutely TRUE

Hardrock69
11-10-2006, 12:13 PM
egendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW) has revealed to Classic Rock magazine that HEAVEN AND HELL — the new band featuring Dio alongside original BLACK SABBATH members Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Bill Ward — will likely headline next year's Monsters of Rock festival.

Monsters of Rock returned to the U.K. festival scene at Milton Keynes Bowl this past summer, with DEEP PURPLE as headliners. Now it looks like it will return in 2007, with HEAVEN AND HELL on the bill.

The following is a brief interview Classic Rock conducted with Dio at Monday's (Nov. 6) Classic Rock Roll of Honour event in London:

Classic Rock: Speaking of Tony Iommi, there are of course rumors that you will be reuniting with him, Geezer Butler and Bill Ward as HEAVEN AND HELL next year.

Ronnie: They're absolutely true. We'll probably be doing a year of touring together. And it's looking like you'll see us at the Monsters of Rock festival, then shows in America. And after that we'll come back to the U.K. for eight or nine more shows.

Classic Rock: That's amazing news. More amazing still was that Ozzy Osbourne wished you well with HEAVEN AND HELL.

Ronnie: Yes, he did. Bless Ozzy. He's a special, special person. He's one of the creators of heavy metal music. He deserves wondrous applause, he's a wonderful man and I hope he and Sharon's lives are very, very happy.

Ronnie James Dio recently spent time in the U.K. "kicking around ideas" with Tony Iommi for a couple of new tracks to be included on SABBATH's forthcoming box set, "Black Sabbath: The Dio Years". In addition, according to Ozzy, a BLACK SABBATH tour with Osbourne, Iommi, Butler and Ward will kick off late 2007 to coincide with the group's first new studio album featuring that lineup since 1978's "Never Say Die!"

Dio was honored with the "Metal Guru" award at the Classic Rock Roll of Honour event, which was organized by Classic Rock magazine.

http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=61878

binnie
11-10-2006, 01:03 PM
Excellent news!

Headlining?

That surprises me, is there a lot of interest in Dio-era Sabbs in the states?

Can't see it attracting the younger fans over here, but great news nonetheless.....

binnie
11-10-2006, 01:04 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that new Sabbath music with Ozzy is a bad idea?

The tunes on the live record were fucking awful....

FREDERICK BLAH
11-10-2006, 01:10 PM
Dio is so old he's practically a mummy!Blah

Which is a good thing.Blah

Revan
11-11-2006, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by binnie
Am I the only one who thinks that new Sabbath music with Ozzy is a bad idea?

The tunes on the live record were fucking awful....

You're not the only one, I agree completely. The new songs were admittedly rather hurried, but Ozzy's voice just won't perform anymore. The song "Scary Dreams"...did you hear that? It leaked out from a live show in 2000 or 2001, and it wasn't bad at all, but Ozzy's just not capable of singing like he used to.

I'd absolutely imagine H&H will headline, I can't see them actually opening for anybody.

Hardrock69
11-11-2006, 08:16 PM
No way will they open for anyone. If anything, they should do a shed tour with half a dozen metal bands opening for them..

Oh, I forgot.....Sharon osbourne would sue them to stop them from using HER idea

:rolleyes:

DavidLeeNatra
11-11-2006, 08:51 PM
history repeats itself...H&H aka sabbath are the headliners and got blown off stage by the band that plays right before them...the reunited =VH= :D

Mr. Vengeance
11-11-2006, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
No way will they open for anyone. If anything, they should do a shed tour with half a dozen metal bands opening for them..

Oh, I forgot.....Sharon osbourne would sue them to stop them from using HER idea

:rolleyes:

Exactly Hardrock!

Revan
11-12-2006, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
history repeats itself...H&H aka sabbath are the headliners and got blown off stage by the band that plays right before them...the reunited =VH= :D

While that would be a great ticket, I'd actually hate to see it happen. With Eddie's chops as weak as they are these days, and as sloppy as he is, they won't blow anybody off of the stage, let alone Tony and Geezer.

It'd make for an interesting comparison, though, that can't be denied.

Dave's 100% the better showman, but RJD's a better singer;
Tony takes the edge from Eddie due to Eddie just not being Eddie anymore;
Geezer will hand Mike his ass in regards to bass playing any day of the week (and don't even ask about that 15 year old kid);
No doubt - Alex is a FAR better drummer than Bill Ward will ever be...

It'd be interesting to see how they paired up, no doubt of that.

Tiki-Tom
11-12-2006, 04:32 AM
They just need to record another great Record. Call it Sabbath or Heaven and Hell, I don't care. As long as it's with Dio it will be good. Ozzy's no more than a sad joke as of late. Maybe if the tour goes well they will consider making a new one.

Revan
11-12-2006, 06:58 AM
One can certainly hope. I'm up for another Dio/Iommi/Butler collaboration. Doubt much if Bill would be involved for any studio work, but drummers are a dime a dozen.

bueno bob
11-12-2006, 11:08 AM
No shit!!!

\,,/

binnie
11-12-2006, 03:53 PM
Bob, do you think that they could make Ozzy's voice sound half decent with some studio wizardry?

bastardog
11-13-2006, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by FREDERICK BLAH
Dio is so old he's practically a mummy!Blah

Which is a good thing.Blah

Dio is an honorable Zombie.....always hungry for metal
the mummy is Ozzy......covered with toilet paper