PDA

View Full Version : Busheep arrested for Anthrax mail threat!

FORD
11-13-2006, 12:34 AM
California man arrested for mail threats to celebs
Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:32pm ET18

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A California man suspected of mailing threatening letters containing a suspicious white powder to celebrities and U.S. politicians has been arrested and could face federal charges on Monday, the FBI said.

Investigators identified Chad Castagana, 39, of Woodland Hills, California, as the person suspected of sending more than a dozen threatening letters to media outlets and the homes of public figures in various cities, the FBI said in a statement on Sunday evening.

According to a federal search warrant, among those who received threatening letters were Jon Stewart of Comedy Central's "The Daily Show;" talk show host David Letterman; Keith Olbermann of MSNBC; Rep. Nancy Pelosi of California, who is set to become Speaker of the House of Representatives, and Sen. Charles Schumer of New York, both Democrats.

The document, filed on Friday in United States District Court in Los Angeles, said multiple people in various cities, including New York and San Francisco, received letters over the past three months that contained an unknown white powder and various written threats.

In some cases, the threatening letters included expressions such as "Death to Demagogues" and references to Alan Berg, a Jewish talk radio host murdered by white supremacists in Denver in 1984, the document said.

Tests determined that the white powder sent in the letters was nonhazardous, the statement said.

Castagana was arrested on Saturday at his home and was expected to make an initial appearance in federal court on Monday, the statement said.

In 2001, powdery Anthrax spores sent in letters to news organizations and government offices in Florida, Washington and elsewhere killed five people and made at least 17 people ill. Those case have not been solved.

© Reuters 2006. All Rights Reserved.

FORD
11-13-2006, 12:00 PM
This fascist fuckwit was a registered member of the right wing extremist website www.freerepublic.com

Here's his profile (http://www.freerepublic.com/~marccostanzo) from that cyber wasteland.....

I am a lifelong Conservative Republican .

I have an Associates Degree in the Science of Electronics .

Ann Coulter is a Goddess and I worship Laura Ingraham and Michele Malkin .

English is the langauge of the United States of America- - our Declaration of Independence and our Constitution are written in the langauge that expresses our civilized freedoms .

Spanish is the language of Banana Republics, beyond that it belongs in a European country.

Geezus what a basket case.....

FORD
11-13-2006, 12:20 PM
Damn, this sick little fuck was just begging to get caught...

>>Hasn't this happened before at his Harlem office?......it's probably his drug dealer.<<

Yes it did, but I heard it was a prank Anthrax letter, then it was a harmless powder .

A couple of weeks ago, someone sent the Washington Post such a hoax !

Last September, Keith Olbermann got a threatening letter in his mail which spewed out white powder, Olbermann freaked out :-0

A few days ago someone mailed the Los Angeles Times a letter with powder, which turned out to be a food preservative - - yeah real deadly

That Monosodium Glutamate will kill you every time :-)

215 posted on 10/28/2006 10:10:28 AM PDT by marc costanzo (Name your poison :-))
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1727261/posts?...

>>Not to make light of the situation, but drama queen Olbermann put on quite a production even after he'd been told the powder was harmless and checked out by doctors and told he was fine. He demanded that he be rushed to the hospital for more tests. I wouldn't be even remotely surprised if he mailed it to himself. I've never seen someone more desperate for attention and approval.<<

I heard from a liberal blog that Olbermann was a prima donna at the hospital, giving the medical staff and the cops a hard time .

Keith is a whiny little b@tch !

Accepting that, I do not believe he sent it to himself .

But that is just guess work .

230 posted on 10/30/2006 7:34:19 AM PST by marc costanzo (Name your poison :-))
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1727261/posts?...

Hey, here is another factor- -

The New York Post is the only newspaper that reported Keith Olbermann's panic attack when he discovered that someone had mailed him a 'Prank Anthrax' letter .

The New York Daily News reported the incident in Clinton's Harlem office the other day, and did so in a semi-humorous way :-)

Maybe the American People like to read about such stuff .

The NY Post got high circulation in the 1980's by headlining stories about serial killers .

15 posted on 10/31/2006 5:09:56 AM PST by marc costanzo (Name your poison :-))
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1729021/posts?...

I heard recently that The Washington Post got interrupted beifly the other day becaue of a 'suspicious letter' .

I read about this at Wonkette.com

They said that this letter only contained harmless powder of Boric Acid .

6 posted on 10/14/2006 5:31:42 AM PDT by marc costanzo
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1718674/posts?...

LoungeMachine
11-13-2006, 12:42 PM
jKook did come to mind.....

But he could never afford the postage.

scamper
11-13-2006, 04:28 PM
Now he can write to his cell buddy.

FORD
11-13-2006, 11:21 PM
Radar Exclusive
The Castagana Correspondence: Right What You Know

Surprise! Nancy Pelosi's powder pal doesn't just think Katherine Harris is a "remarkable lady"—as we reported after perusing what appear to be his Free Republic posts—he puts his money where his mouth is.

According to an FBI affidavit obtained by Radar, Chad Conrad Castagana, who was arrested Monday on suspicion of sending powder-filled envelopes to Keith Olbermann, Jon Stewart, Sumner Redstone, David Letterman, Pelosi, and New York Senator Charles Schumer, purchased a $15 money order made out to "Friends of Katherine Harris" last September at a Woodland Hills, Calif., post office while he was picking up the envelopes and stamps he employed to terrorize the liberal elite.

According to the affidavit, Castagana, an "average looking" 39-year-old white guy who lives with his parents in Woodland Hills, attempted to send 13 fake anthrax letters to the aforementioned victims starting in September. We say "attempted" because the first letter, which contained the message, "Do you know Alan Berg? You should. Death to demagogues," and a harmless white powder, was sent to a poor sap on the Upper West Side named Jon Stewart—but not that Jon Stewart. (Alan Berg is the Jewish talk-radio host murdered by white-supremacists in Denver in 1984.)
[Read the full affidavit after the jump]

Not to worry—according to the affidavit, Castagana sent back-up letters to Stewart's office at Comedy Central and his actual home address. All bore return addresses from left-leaning luminaries like Norman Lear, Susan Estrich and ... William Shatner.

One of the Stewart letters featured a "picture of a recently deceased tsunami victim with a condition known as Priapism, an erect penis on a cadaver." Handwritten on the picture were the words, "Jon Stewart, Fuck Your Wife."

Stay Classy, Katherine Harris supporters!

Here are some of Castagana's other white-powder MASH notes:

To Olbermann: "There are too many demagogues in America. All of you are poisoning the well! Time to give your kind a taste of your own medicine."

To Redstone: "Fuck You Mr Monopolist [sic]"

To Letterman: "more then one way to frag a demagogue... your kind are the real poison [sic]"

To Pelosi: "CUNTFACE. IMPEACH THIS."

None of the letters contained biohazardous substances. According to the affidavit, the feds tracked Castagana down by tracing the purchases of the Ready Post envelopes he used to mail the letters, two of which were purchased at a Woodland Hills post office on the same day letters to Stewart and Olbermann were postmarked.

Calls to the campaign office of Harris, who lost her bid for Senate last week, went unreturned.

Link (http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2006/11/the-castagana-correspondence-right-what-you-know.php)

FORD
11-13-2006, 11:30 PM
Complete affidavit posted at link above. I was going to copy it here, but it's way too fucking long.....