PDA

View Full Version : Some Americans Forget What Year 9/11 Happened

Seshmeister
11-16-2006, 12:56 AM
http://kutv.com/topstories/local_story_221191929.html

Some Americans Forget What Year 9/11 Happened

(KUTV) WASHINGTON, D.C. - According to a recent telephone survey, roughly 30 percent of Americans can't remember what year the September 11th attacks happened.

95 percent of Americans questioned in the poll do remember the month and the day of the attacks, according to Wednesday's edition of the Washington Post. But when asked about the year, 30 percent could not give a correct answer.

Of that group, six percent gave an earlier year, eight percent gave a later year, and 16 percent admitted they had no idea whatsoever.

This memory black hole is essentially the problem of the older crowd: 48 percent of those who did not know were between the ages of 55 and 64, and 47 percent were older than 65, according to the poll.

(© MMVI, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

Seshmeister
11-16-2006, 12:57 AM
I think it's worth posting this because I see some surveys on cuntspiracy sites saying that 30% of Americans think that the US government was responsible for 9-11.

Hmmm...

LoungeMachine
11-16-2006, 01:01 AM
There was a memorial plaque at ground zero for 2 years which inscription read 9.11.2000

It was there 2 years before a visitor noticed the incorrect date and alerted someone.

LoungeMachine
11-16-2006, 01:06 AM
My mistake

It said 2002

THE DATE OF SEPT. 11, 2002, WAS MISTAKENLY PUT ON A PLAQUE ...

New York Post - New York, N.Y.
Author: Todd Venezia
Date: Jul 16, 2004
Start Page: 002
Section: News
Text Word Count: 102

Abstract (Document Summary)

The date of Sept. 11, 2002, was mistakenly put on a plaque attached to a fence at Ground Zero, officials admitted yesterday.

Reproduced with permission of the copyright owner. Further reproduction or distribution is prohibited without permission.

Buy Complete Document: Abstract Full Text

LoungeMachine
11-16-2006, 01:10 AM
Ground Zero Typo Caught After Two Years

World Trade Center memorial sign placed attacks one year later

JULY 15--In an embarrassing governmental gaffe, an official tribute sign erected on the fence surrounding Ground Zero actually misstated the date of the terror attacks, a glaring mistake addressed only after a visitor recently complained about the error. The sign, which memorialized victims killed in the Pentagon attack, noted that "September 11, 2002" was a pivotal day for the country and the world (below you'll find a photo showing a segment of the sign). Click here to see an image of the Pentagon memorial in its entirety. The large metal sign, one of several erected on the viewing wall's eastern side, was unveiled in August 2002 in "honor of the heroes" of 9/11 and so that "the world community can reflect upon and remember the events that took place here, and draw strength and inspiration as we rebuild." Officials with the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which controls the World Trade Center site, first learned of the mistake this week when they received an e-mail from Justin Matley, a 21-year-old who noticed the error during a July 10 visit to the viewing wall. Noting that, "essentially the signs are obituaries," Matley said he was upset that the sign's creators--and proofreaders--incorrectly placed the terror attacks in 2002, not 2001. Matley told TSG that he later visited the Port Authority's web site and filled out a feedback form apprising the agency of the mistake. On Monday, he received an e-mail from a Port Authority manager who reported that the "panel is being removed and will be replaced with correction." The official, Nancy Johnson, noted that it was "truly astonishing that you are the first person to have reported this mistake to The Port Authority. We sincerely appreciate your heartfelt note and the time you took to report this mistake." (5 pages)

FORD
11-16-2006, 01:54 AM
Heyll, I know it cuddn't happinned any later then 2000, becuz FOX News told me that Slick Willie Klintoon dit it!!

(/end ignorant Freeper mode)

Guitar Shark
11-16-2006, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
I think it's worth posting this because I see some surveys on cuntspiracy sites saying that 30% of Americans think that the US government was responsible for 9-11.

Hmmm...

I suppose this means that FORD is 48 percent likely to be between the ages of 55 and 64, and 47 percent likely to be older than 65.

I always suspected as much.

scamper
11-16-2006, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
roughly 30 percent of Americans

Isn't that Bush's approval rating?

FORD
11-16-2006, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by scamper
Isn't that Bush's approval rating?

Just a coincidence, of course....

EAT MY ASSHOLE
11-16-2006, 11:15 AM
Uh...hate to have to remind you, but 9/11 happens every year. It's the day after the 10th, and before the 12th of september. Duh.