PDA

View Full Version : Is the media really the "Liberal Media?"

sadaist
11-16-2006, 03:06 PM
The months leading up to the recent elections, we were bombarded daily by the news of troops killed in Iraq. Every day the top news story was 1 or 2 soldiers killed, bringing the monthly total to x, the yearly total to y, and the war total to z. Since Tuesday, November 7 2006, there has not been one single top story of any military deaths in Iraq. (Or running totals)

This past Monday, 22 minutes into the local 11 o'clock news there was mention of one soldier being killed. That only made the local news because he was a local boy. His death was so important that it came after the sports & weather segments.

Maybe no soldiers have died in Iraq since November 7. The Democrats victory sure did make a huge impact with the insurgency. And rather quick I might add.

Lqskdiver
11-16-2006, 03:19 PM
Eye-opening, isn't it.

LoungeMachine
11-16-2006, 03:20 PM
Not exactly sure where you're headed with this, but....

The "Liberal Media" is a myth.

The mainstream media has been neutered and scared shitless for 6 years.

They're just now finding their collective sacs.....

The only reason the right even claims there's a "Liberal" bias is because there's been som much goddamn fodder from which to choose.

A failed Iraq War Plan

Torture and rendition

Social Security Reform failings

Infighting over Immigration

DeLay, Abramoff, Lay, Skilling, Cunningham, Ney, et al.......

The NeoCons in this country all believe the media should just shut up and follow orders like Good Germans.

LoungeMachine
11-16-2006, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Lqskdiver
Eye-opening, isn't it.

Not really.

Enlighten me. :cool:

Lqskdiver
11-16-2006, 03:34 PM
Not on yo life!

I rather you stay dumbfounded and clueless.

Makes my job easier.

:D

LoungeMachine
11-16-2006, 03:36 PM
Not on yo life!

I rather you stay dumbfounded and clueless.

Makes my job easier.

:D

LMAO

Mission Accomplished :D

sadaist
11-16-2006, 11:47 PM
Eye-opening, isn't it.

Dems took the house. No need for news of all of the Republican caused deaths anymore.

LoungeMachine
11-17-2006, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by sadaist

This past Monday, 22 minutes into the local 11 o'clock news

Oh, well shit....

minutes into the local news seals it.

:rolleyes:

knuckleboner
11-17-2006, 12:29 AM
i've definitely seen reports of killed U.S. soldiers in iraq post-election.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/11/16/AR2006111600083.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/11/15/AR2006111501105.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/11/15/AR2006111501408.html

sadaist
11-17-2006, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
i've definitely seen reports of killed U.S. soldiers in iraq post-election.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/11/16/AR2006111600083.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/11/15/AR2006111501105.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/11/15/AR2006111501408.html

Sure, with a little digging. But it's not top of the hour, front page news since the elections.

LoungeMachine
11-17-2006, 09:48 AM
Sure, with a little digging. But it's not top of the hour, front page news since the elections.

It was NEVER "top of the hour" for LOCAL news here either.

Local news is much more geared LOCALLY

I think it's YOUR perception that's skewed, Mr. Orange County Republican ;)

sadaist
11-17-2006, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
It was NEVER "top of the hour" for LOCAL news here either.

Local news is much more geared LOCALLY

I think it's YOUR perception that's skewed, Mr. Orange County Republican ;)

I mentioned the local news because since the elections, that was the first I heard of any deaths. But the months leading up to the election, you couldn't open Yahoo home page without the totals on the front page. Same with cnn, cnn headline, msnbc, cbs, and the national newspapers. Even the radio news would open with the daily death toll.

knuckleboner
11-17-2006, 10:10 AM

a little digging?

you're talking front-section articles in the washington post, one of the biggest newspapers in the country...

LoungeMachine
11-17-2006, 10:18 AM
The Media is Liberal

The Front Line is Liberal

The Congress is Liberal

It's your worst nightmare coming true.......

Run! Hide!

Liberal ideas such as taking care of others, marriage being a state issue, affordable medical care, a woman's right to choose, limits on gun ownership, and NOT invading and occupying sovereign nations which pose no threat to us.

The End is Near!!!!!

Lqskdiver
11-17-2006, 10:28 AM
Patience.

-Fernando

scamper
11-19-2006, 07:34 AM
The media is crap, it's all about ratings. When was the last time they did a story on anything good. If it bleeds it leads.

LoungeMachine
11-19-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by scamper
The media is crap, it's all about ratings. When was the last time they did a story on anything good. If it bleeds it leads.

What a lame over-generalization of things.

A total crock.

Perhaps you're not watching, listening, and reading enough to get a good mix. There's plenty of "good" media stories, if you're not too lazy to look past the "Blonde White Woman Missing in Aruba" shite.

But then it's much easier to just say it's crap, isn't it?

Oh, and then throw in a lame cliche.

FORD
11-19-2006, 02:12 PM
Patience.

-Fernando

?

LoungeMachine
11-19-2006, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by FORD
?

He's channeling Billy Crystal.

It's the medication,.:cool:

FORD
11-19-2006, 05:34 PM
He's channeling Billy Crystal.

It's the medication,.:cool:

No, actually it's a running joke from the old Pasture Dump board at the "official" Van Halen website.

There was this character there named "Fernando", and about 85% of his posts were nothing but a question mark.

The other 15% were short responses like "patience", "Si senor" and "Van Halen is Van Halen".

Somehow this guy developed a cult following among the sheep, half of whom were convinced that the guy was either Alex or Bassplayer.

ThrillsNSpills
11-19-2006, 05:38 PM
?...

The fountain is always clearest at the source. :D

LoungeMachine
11-19-2006, 05:48 PM
Van Halen is NOT Van Halen.

hasn't been for sometime now....

never will be again......

FORD
11-19-2006, 05:53 PM
Si Senor! :D

Nickdfresh
11-19-2006, 07:31 PM

Try reading a local newspaper instead of getting your War news sandwiched between stories about puppies and babies...

In any case, this is an indicator of nothing. Bush is the Executive branch, and he still sets the foreign policy agenda your delusions aside. The only way for Congress to shut down the War is to cut off funding, and they're unwilling to do that --yet...

Nickdfresh
11-19-2006, 07:34 PM

It wasn't recently on the "top-of-the-hour" or on the "front page" much before the elections either...

FORD
11-19-2006, 07:41 PM
Truth is that the media isn't really "conservative" and it damn sure isn't "liberal" but is in reality CORPORATIST.

However, the nature of corporatism itself is extremely right wing. As Benito Mussolini himself once said, "fascism is better called corporatism" as it is the merging of state power with that of the corporations. And the BCE has done that "merging" better than anyone.

But the DLC (who pose as Democrats) are nearly as bad, which is why James Carville, Rahm Immoral, Hillary Clinton and the like get favorable coverage from the whore media while true Democrats such as Howard Dean or Dennis Kucinich usually do not. Nor do conservatives who oppose the BCE and/or the corporatist agenda.

PlexiBrown
11-19-2006, 07:56 PM
The democratic politicians always want the republicans to fail and the republican politicians always want the democrats to fail. How can this ever be any good for the country? They are all a bunch of wining cry babies, crooks and liars. ALL OF THEM!!!!!

PlexiBrown
11-19-2006, 07:57 PM

scamper
11-19-2006, 10:21 PM
What a lame over-generalization of things.

A total crock.

Perhaps you're not watching, listening, and reading enough to get a good mix. There's plenty of "good" media stories, if you're not too lazy to look past the "Blonde White Woman Missing in Aruba" shite.

But then it's much easier to just say it's crap, isn't it?

Oh, and then throw in a lame cliche.

Perhaps I shouldn't have to sift through the shit to get some good news. When was the last time you heard anything optimistic from the media. Not all the world thrives on bad news.

PlexiBrown
11-19-2006, 10:45 PM
http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-salerno21feb21,0,7476002.story?coll=la-news-comment-opinions