PDA

View Full Version : HI Def DVD players

Polk High
11-18-2006, 08:32 AM
OK,
I recently purchased a HI-Def TV for our living room and I want to now replace the DVD player. Does anyone here have any recomendations for a hi-def dvd player and how are they different from conversion dvd players?

Any advice towards picking out chords either

Hardrock69
11-18-2006, 06:41 PM
Well, I would wait for a bit until the blue-ray or HD players become commonplace.

There are only a handful of units on the market right now.

I am so far away from even thinking of buying one that I have yet to do any research.

Congrats on the hi-def screen. At least you are part of the way there.

I say use an A chord. It is the most common chord used by rock guitarists.

Have a great weekend!
:D

flappo
11-22-2006, 09:28 AM
they're releasing an hd-dvd add on for the x box 360 , from all accounts it's rather good !

FORD
11-22-2006, 10:21 AM
And the Sony Playstation 3 has a blue-ray built in - if you can find one.

A local radio guy pointed out the obvious as to which format will probably emerge the winner. He's betting on HD-DVD, simply because the name is closest to the technology we already know. The logic makes sense. Looks like SONY - inventors of the Betamax and the DAT recorder - lose the format wars again.

flappo
11-22-2006, 11:24 AM
not forgetting elcaset , sacd and their latest cockup umd

i honestly think sony have fucked up this time

against sega , they had a chance , and even the big n , but as much as i hate microsuck , they have so much dough to play with they could bury sony under a mound of pennies , quite fucking literally

pflo
11-27-2006, 10:55 PM
Its fuckin dumb, like dvd and hi def tv aint good enough,,,i dont really need to see someones nose hairs to enjoy a movie. This is the bean counters at work, once again.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
11-27-2006, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by FORD
And the Sony Playstation 3 has a blue-ray built in - if you can find one.

A local radio guy pointed out the obvious as to which format will probably emerge the winner. He's betting on HD-DVD, simply because the name is closest to the technology we already know. The logic makes sense. Looks like SONY - inventors of the Betamax and the DAT recorder - lose the format wars again.

Sony just lost a war where there was not even another contestant (UMD).

flappo
11-28-2006, 03:45 AM
it's not just the picture , it's the features

batman begins has an amazing picture in picture feature that allows you to pop into any scene and see the background to each one with a picture and sound pip

i've got one on order for me xbox and will report back if it's as grate as they make out

by all accounts enter the dragon is stunning in hd dvd !!

pflo
11-28-2006, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by flappo
it's not just the picture , it's the features

batman begins has an amazing picture in picture feature that allows you to pop into any scene and see the background to each one with a picture and sound pip

i've got one on order for me xbox and will report back if it's as grate as they make out

by all accounts enter the dragon is stunning in hd dvd !! Cant dvd do that shit? Its a scam

Hardrock69
11-29-2006, 02:01 AM
Not enough space to have those features and super high quality on one disc unless you go with HD-DVD or Blu-ray.

The Hi-Def video format itself requires much more space on a disc than standard 8 GB MPEG2 variety DVD.