PDA

View Full Version : Israel developing anti-militant "bionic hornet"

ODShowtime
11-18-2006, 11:51 AM
Israel developing anti-militant "bionic hornet"

Fri Nov 17, 3:24 AM ET

Israel is using nanotechnology to try to create a robot no bigger than a hornet that would be able to chase, photograph and kill its targets, an Israeli newspaper reported on Friday.

The flying robot, nicknamed the "bionic hornet," would be able to navigate its way down narrow alleyways to target otherwise unreachable enemies such as rocket launchers, the daily Yedioth Ahronoth said.

It is one of several weapons being developed by scientists to combat militants, it said. Others include super gloves that would give the user the strength of a "bionic man" and miniature sensors to detect suicide bombers.

The research integrates nanotechnology into Israel's security department and will find creative solutions to problems the army has been unable to address, Deputy Prime Minister Shimon Peres told Yedioth Ahronoth.

"The war in Lebanon proved that we need smaller weaponry. It's illogical to send a plane worth $100 million against a suicidal terrorist. So we are building futuristic weapons," Peres said.

The 34-day war in Lebanon ended with a U.N.-brokered ceasefire in mid-August. The war killed more than 1,200 Lebanese, mostly civilians, and 157 Israelis, mostly soldiers.

Prototypes for the new weapons are expected within three years, he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061117/sc_nm/mideast_weapons_dc

ODShowtime
11-18-2006, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
able to chase and photograph its targets

I could think of better uses for this than killing jihadis!

Jesus Christ
11-18-2006, 12:10 PM
Revelation 9

1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.

3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.

4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.

6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

7 And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.

8 And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.

9 And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.

10 And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.

11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

Nitro Express
11-18-2006, 04:20 PM
Jesus. I think John was smoking some heavy shit on Patmos.

ULTRAMAN VH
11-18-2006, 06:31 PM
Well they created the cell phone, so why not a harbinger of death in the form of a hornet. Hey OD, give a big hello to Oscar Goldman and Colonel Steve Austin for me.

Nickdfresh
11-18-2006, 08:20 PM
Maybe they should figure out how to get water and ammo to their forward troops when invading countries like Lebanon, and other basic Logistics-101 stuff, first.

Babysteps...

Nitro Express
11-19-2006, 06:55 PM
Isreal and the Jews are on borrowed time. I lived there. Nobody is having children, when there Islamic enemies breed like rabbits.

Israel's enemies are supported by the People's Republic of China who is surpassing the US as the world's economic power and in time will surpass the US in military power.

Iran does not need the US and what the US can do to it short of nuking the place is not much.

The US is already bogged down in the middle east in an unwinnable situation. Like Vietnam, it will pull out with thousands dead, billions of dollars lost and nothing to show for it. Leaving a big void for Iran or other enemies to exploit.

I don't think people see how much Bush has fucked the global security situation.

With Christianity dying in Europe and North America, do we really give a ratt's ass about Israel they way we used to? There's nothing there except for some religiouse historical sites. No oil, no real resources of any kind that's worth waging a war halfway around the world.

FORD
11-19-2006, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express

Israel's enemies are supported by the People's Republic of China who is surpassing the US as the world's economic power and in time will surpass the US in military power.

Now I've heard just the opposite. I heard that Israel was selling weapons to the Chinese. Which they got courtesy of US taxpayers, naturally.

Nickdfresh
11-19-2006, 07:25 PM
Isreal and the Jews are on borrowed time. I lived there. Nobody is having children, when there Islamic enemies breed like rabbits.

Not true. Their population was swelled by Jews arriving from Russia and Eastern Europe recently...

FORD
11-19-2006, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Not true. Their population was swelled by Jews arriving from Russia and Eastern Europe recently...

And even India, believe it or not. You KNOW those people have to be confused right about now. Suddenly they're being told that eating beef is cool, but leave the pork and shellfish alone!

svrwthr
11-20-2006, 10:39 PM

China has been past America in military might.

China owns the United States and most other countries. They hold almost 75% of Americas debts.

China is no going in for the ultimate kill on owning the world. They are now heading into South American nations. South America holds the second place for Oil and they are making trade agreements. America is going for the wrong gold persay. They are trying to take the oil in the mid-east, in which alot of experts say the mid east is heading towards exhausting its oil suppiles and is working on tourism (i.e. United Arab Emirates and their 1.6 billion dollar, 100,000 resident island they are building). China is going for the big hit by hitting up nations that are poor and are in worse turmoil than the mid Eastern nations. Look at the bottom of your mouse now, what's it say?