PDA

View Full Version : best buy fucked us on bonus tracks for kiss alive box set

indeedido
11-21-2006, 08:05 PM
just bought the new kiss alive box set. sticker on the outside said besty buy exclusive bonus tracks 2000 man and god of thunder (for the milenium concert) These tracks are no where to be found. Looked on Amazon.com and everyone who purchased at best buy got screwed, no bonus tracks. I'm guessing they shipped hte wrong set. KICK ASS, FUCKED BY BEST BUY AND KISS AGAIN. WHERE ARE MY BONUS TRACKS.

Mr. Vengeance
11-21-2006, 08:09 PM
Take it back. Best Buy will refund anything, man. Tell 'em why you're bringing it back and I'm sure they'll try to make you happy, since they know that word of mouth on this will be bad.

indeedido
11-21-2006, 08:34 PM
Well well well....I pays to complain. I called my local store and they said ok, we'll refund..I then called best buy corporate, they are not only sending me my dough back in the form of a gift card, but told me to keep the cd set and not to return it. They are looking in to the problem. I asked if there were other complaints, and the answer was yes. So, now I'll keep it and go get it if and when they get the problem fixed to get the bonus tracks.

Mr. Vengeance
11-21-2006, 09:38 PM
Told ya!

Steve Savicki
11-21-2006, 09:40 PM
I guess Best Buy doesn't have the best buys.

FORD
11-22-2006, 12:48 AM
I got the bonus disc in my KISS DVD as advertised. Must have come from different factories. I think these sales gimmicks suck ass regardless. Especially since the box sets usually wind up at Costco for a lot less anyway.

indeedido
11-22-2006, 12:12 PM
Now it looks like the Kiss Army flooded Kiss' web site with emails. They now are aware of the problem with the bonus tracks. They say they are trying to figure out how to make it right.

ace diamond
11-22-2006, 06:02 PM
THEY FUCKING BETTER FIX THIS SHIT!!!!

Hardrock69
11-23-2006, 08:04 PM
They should just post the tracks on the wbsite for free as flac or wave files.

Mr Badguy
11-24-2006, 07:31 AM
Ki$$ rip off their fans SHOCKER.

Hold the front page.

Again.

svrwthr
12-07-2006, 01:27 AM
BEST BOX KISS BOX SET FIX:
A Universal rep e-mailed bud Mitch Lafon about the Best Buy Kiss Box set bonus tracks cock-up. The response was: "Here's the solution that weve come up with to remedy the KISS Alive! box set issue - We are manufacturing replacement disks for Best Buy for customers that purchased the set without the bonus tracks. All they will need to do is bring their receipt in to Best Buy for the free replacement CD. If they bought it on bestbuy.com there will be instructions there as well. Some stores will have discs on 12/7, some on 12/8, etc., depending on the UPS ground transit times."

Mr. Vengeance
12-30-2006, 02:33 PM
I got the KISS Alive box set for Christmas and the bonus tunes I got were the Radio mix of RNRAN, from Alive!, and on Alive III they included Take it Off.

As far as the package itself, I'm pretty happy with it. Good quality remasters of the first three Alive albums. Alive 4 is okay, but did anyone else find that all the songs were played at too slow a tempo? I saw this tour and they didn't play them that slowly. It's like they slowed all the songs down.

indeedido
12-30-2006, 02:49 PM
I thought they sounded pretty slow myself. Not much life in the sound. Wondered if they put some "studio magic" on it for some aweful reason.

Diamondjimi
12-30-2006, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by indeedido
I thought they sounded pretty slow myself. Not much life in the sound. Wondered if they put some "studio magic" on it for some aweful reason.

I would'nt be surprised. Led Zeppelin apparently slowed down "When the Levee Breaks" during mastering to give it a thicker sound.