PDA

View Full Version : Help with streaming video problems please

Roy Munson
11-26-2006, 12:34 AM
Hey, y'all...

I'm having a fuck of a time with my streaming lately. It doesn't matter what site I'm on...Heaven666 or YouTube, etc. When I start watching a video it will stream and "load" for about 30 seconds and then it will act like it's finishing the loading too quickly and then it returns the video counter to "0". If I try playing it back it only lets me watch that 30-something seconds before returning to "0" again.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Roy

FORD
11-26-2006, 03:40 AM
Sounds like a memory problem, which means it could be your system RAM, video card RAM, or the size of your Windows pagefile (or Linux swap file as the case may be)

If you have enough RAM and/or a large enough pagefile, then it's probably what is using your memory resources.

If you have installed any software recently, chances are it configured itself to load at Windows startup, which means its always sucking up a piece of your memory whether you use it or not. And that also goes for literally dozens of Windows services that you probably aren't using, and probably will never use on a home PC.

http://www.theeldergeek.com/services_guide.htm

That link explains a great deal about how to tell which services are neccessary to run Windows in the typical home user environment and how to shut down the ones which are not needed.

You'll find that your computer runs considerably faster when it's not loaded down with all that unneeccessary crap.

Roy Munson
11-26-2006, 11:55 AM
You're the coolest liberal I know!

Thanks!!