PDA

View Full Version : MORE FUCKING BULLSHIT FROM THE MPAA GESTAPO!!!

Hardrock69
11-28-2006, 01:19 PM
Goddamnable fucktarded asslicking &(*^*^%$(*%^)*&%)*^*$#(^%)&*_&%^(%!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

MPAA Lobbying for Home Theater Regulations
By Scott Small

Los Angeles , CA - The MPAA is lobbying congress to push through a new bill that would make unauthorized home theaters illegal. The group feels that all theaters should be sanctioned, whether they be commercial settings or at home.

MPAA head Dan Glickman says this needs to be regulated before things start getting too far out of control, "We didn't act early enough with the online sharing of our copyrighted content. This time we're not making the same mistake. We have a right to know what's showing in a theater."

The bill would require that any hardware manufactured in the future contain technology that tells the MPAA directly of what is being shown and specific details on the audience. The data would be gathered using various motion sensors and biometric technology.

The MPAA defines a home theater as any home with a television larger than 29" with stereo sound and at least two comfortable chairs, couch, or futon. Anyone with a home theater would need to pay a $50 registration fee with the MPAA or face fines up to $500,000 per movie shown.

"Just because you buy a DVD to watch at home doesn't give you the right to invite friends over to watch it too. That's a violation of copyright and denies us the revenue that would be generated from DVD sales to your friends," said Glickman. "Ideally we expect each viewer to have their own copy of the DVD, but we realize that isn't always feasible. The registration fee is a fair compromise.

The bill also stipulates that any existing home theaters be retrofitted with the technology or else the owner is responsible for directly informing the MPAA and receiving approval before each viewing.

http://www.bbspot.com/News/2006/11/home-theater-regulations.html

THE MPAA IS NOT WORTHY TO SMELL MY SHIT!!!!

:mad:

BITEYOASS
11-28-2006, 01:26 PM
MPAA + RIAA = Finding new ways to fuck in the consumer in order to pay for our massive cocaine habits and purchasing really expensive shit that only royalty could afford.

bueno bob
11-28-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
MPAA + RIAA = Finding new ways to fuck in the consumer in order to pay for our massive cocaine habits and purchasing really expensive shit that only royalty could afford.

Pretty much, yeah.

Coyote
11-28-2006, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Goddamnable fucktarded asslicking &(*^*^%$(*%^)*&%)*^*$#(^%)&*_&%^(%!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

MPAA Lobbying for Home Theater Regulations
By Scott Small

Los Angeles , CA - The MPAA is lobbying congress to push through a new bill that would make unauthorized home theaters illegal. The group feels that all theaters should be sanctioned, whether they be commercial settings or at home.

MPAA head Dan Glickman says this needs to be regulated before things start getting too far out of control, "We didn't act early enough with the online sharing of our copyrighted content. This time we're not making the same mistake. We have a right to know what's showing in a theater."

The bill would require that any hardware manufactured in the future contain technology that tells the MPAA directly of what is being shown and specific details on the audience. The data would be gathered using various motion sensors and biometric technology.

The MPAA defines a home theater as any home with a television larger than 29" with stereo sound and at least two comfortable chairs, couch, or futon. Anyone with a home theater would need to pay a $50 registration fee with the MPAA or face fines up to $500,000 per movie shown.

"Just because you buy a DVD to watch at home doesn't give you the right to invite friends over to watch it too. That's a violation of copyright and denies us the revenue that would be generated from DVD sales to your friends," said Glickman. "Ideally we expect each viewer to have their own copy of the DVD, but we realize that isn't always feasible. The registration fee is a fair compromise.

The bill also stipulates that any existing home theaters be retrofitted with the technology or else the owner is responsible for directly informing the MPAA and receiving approval before each viewing.

http://www.bbspot.com/News/2006/11/home-theater-regulations.html

THE MPAA IS NOT WORTHY TO SMELL MY SHIT!!!!

:mad:

Oh, brother, where ist thou brain?

FORD
11-28-2006, 02:33 PM
So now a "theater" is whatever the greedy corporate NAZIS say it is??.

These pigs act more like the BCE all the time. Give 'em a few months and they'll create a non existent category of people called "video terraists"

Steve Savicki
11-28-2006, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
Well, we're not royalty so don't give in.

knuckleboner
11-28-2006, 11:12 PM
um, you guys know there's no way this is real, right?

do you really think the MPAA is going to try to require a dude with a futon and and 30" TV to pay a $50 license?

apparently, april fools day came late this year...

Rikk
11-28-2006, 11:19 PM
This is NOT real.

It's easily readable as bullshit.

Not even in the Soviet Union could their be a realistic system to retrofit private stereo equipment with chips and trackers. Motion sensors? Gimme a break. This is laughable.

Now, read this quote...

That's a violation of copyright and denies us the revenue that would be generated from DVD sales to your friends.

No organization like the MPAA would dream of using the reason of denying "us the revenue" as a reason for infringing upon basic civil rights in such an extreme manner.

Home theatres are half the reason DVDs sell so well. Nobody would want to fuck with that.

Hardrock69
11-29-2006, 12:33 AM
I agree it is not real.
;)

If such a law were passed, movie fans would riot and drag Dan Glickman out of the MPAA offices, and ass-rape him with a Bell & Howell 16mm Movie Projector.

:D

But I figured I would post it anyway.

Rant?

;)

Oh, and regardles, the MPAA is STILL not worthy to smell my shit. And Dan Glickman is not worthy to even wish he could.

knuckleboner
11-29-2006, 12:43 AM

Oh, and regardles, the MPAA is STILL not worthy to smell my shit. And Dan Glickman is not worthy to even wish he could.

touche', sir. touche'...

Terry
11-29-2006, 08:36 PM
Agree with Rikk that the MPAA isn't gonna fuck around with anything that will inhibit dvd sales, which account up to 40% of the revenue of any given movie...and as for the motion sensors and all that other jazz that will tell Hollywood how many people are in your home watching a movie so you can be fined for it, lots of luck a) getting that signed into law b) financing all that technology [getting it installed into dvd players, homes, etc.] and c) actually enforcing the law.

Wouldn't astonish me that the MPAA is actually thinking along those lines, but it ain't gonna happen in our lifetimes.

VanHalener
11-30-2006, 01:54 PM
I know you're talking about a California issue, but I would like to see the MPAA show up at my house and try to tell me and my other 30 or so Army Ranger buddies that we cannot gather to watch a movie together.
It would not be pretty for those a*#holes!