PDA

View Full Version : War on Christmas II: Peace is now "Satanic"

FORD
11-28-2006, 02:11 PM
http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper864/stills/a03o3p54.gif
Bill Trimarco and Lisa Jensen stand next to their peace wreath at their home near Pagosa Springs, Colo., Friday, Nov. 24, 2006.
The couple received a letter Tuesday from their subdivision?s homeowners? association telling them to take down the sign or face a fine of $25 (euro 19) per day.
(AP Photo/The Durango Herald, Randi Pierce)

Subdivision bans Christmas wreath with peace sign
The Associated Press
Posted: 11/28/06

DENVER - In a town in scenic southwestern Colorado homeowners are battling over whether a Christmas wreath that includes a peace sign is an anti-Iraq war protest or even a promotion of Satan.

"We have had three or four complaints. Some people have kids in Iraq and they are sensitive," said Bob Kearns, president of the Loma Linda Homeowners Association in Pagosa Springs. He also said some believe it is a symbol of Satan.

Jeff Heitz, of the association board, sent a letter to Lisa Jensen saying: "Loma Linda residents are offended by the peace sign displayed on the front of your house. ... This Board will not allow any signs, flags etc. that can be considered divisive...."

The subdivision's convenants say no signs, billboards or advertising are permitted without the consent of the architectural control committee.

When Kearns ordered the association's architectural control committee to require Jensen to remove the wreath removed, they refused. Jack Lilly, chairman of the group, said it decided it was merely a seasonal symbol that didn't say anything. Lilly also said he had received no complaints from homeowners. Kearns fired all five members of the committee.

"Somebody could put up signs that say drop bombs on Iraq. If you let one go up you have to let them all go up," said Kearns in a telephone interview Sunday. Earlier another homeowner had complied when required to take down a peace sign that was made of a pie plate held up by two skis.

Jensen, a past president of the association in the subdivision of 200 homes 270 miles southwest of Denver, said: "I honestly wasn't thinking of the Iraq war. Peace is way bigger than not being at war. This is a spiritual thing. I am not going to take it down until after Christmas. Now that it has come to this I feel I can't get bullied. What if they don't like my Santa Claus?"

Kearns said the association will fine Jensen $25 a day for every day it remains up. She calculates that will cost her about $1,000, although she doubts they will be able to make her pay.

Kearns, meanwhile, also said he was concerned about the pagan symbolism of the peace sign. "It's also an anti-Christ sign. That's how it started," he told the Durango Herald.

© Copyright 2006 Rocky Mountain Collegian

DrMaddVibe
11-28-2006, 02:26 PM
"The subdivision's convenants say no signs, billboards or advertising are permitted without the consent of the architectural control committee."

If you choose to live in a deed restricted neighborhood then these are the types of things you surrender when you read and sign that you'll abide with the Homeowner's Association. Don't like the rules? Run for office and have them changed. To bitch about it like this only shows me that they're stupid!

LoungeMachine
11-28-2006, 02:26 PM
And the pseudo-christian hypocrisy within this country continues......

PlexiBrown
11-28-2006, 02:39 PM
Homeowner's associations go too far. I put my house for sale and I put one of those "for sale by owner" signs that you can buy at Home Depot or Staples in my yard and I got a letter from my homeowners association stating that the sign in my yard was not an "approved" sign and that I had to call this certain company to get an approved "for sale" sign. I called to order the sign and the price of the sign was 100 bucks. It is an obvious scam where the homeowner's association makes you pay a lot of money for a sign so they can get a cut of what the sign maker makes. I told the guy at the sign company that this is too much for a small sign and he said, "consider yourself lucky, the signs at Barefoot Landing (another subdivision near where I live) costs 250 dollars". I hung up the phone at this point.

If I left my original "for sale by owner" sign in my yard than I would get a $25 fine and if I still left the sign there then the fines would keep increasing...Next $75 then $125, etc.

knuckleboner
11-28-2006, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
"The subdivision's convenants say no signs, billboards or advertising are permitted without the consent of the architectural control committee."

If you choose to live in a deed restricted neighborhood then these are the types of things you surrender when you read and sign that you'll abide with the Homeowner's Association. Don't like the rules? Run for office and have them changed. To bitch about it like this only shows me that they're stupid!

generally, i agree with you on this one. but, the homeowner DID get consent...

When Kearns ordered the association's architectural control committee to require Jensen to remove the wreath removed, they refused. Jack Lilly, chairman of the group, said it decided it was merely a seasonal symbol that didn't say anything. Lilly also said he had received no complaints from homeowners. Kearns fired all five members of the committee.

the real problem is the people elected idiotic HOA officials.

PlexiBrown
11-28-2006, 02:56 PM
"We have had three or four complaints. Some people have kids in Iraq and they are sensitive," said Bob Kearns, president of the Loma Linda Homeowners Association in Pagosa Springs. He also said some believe it is a symbol of Satan.

Everybody is so fucking sensitive and so easily offended. People actually go out of their way to find reasons to be offended.

Also, more proof on how psychotic these religious assholes are. These people still believe that there is a cosmic Satan. Satan was created by these idiots a long time ago to keep the religion (and religions) fear based so that they can control people. It is the biggest bullshit story of all time and so many people buy into it still. It is incredible ignorance and everybody thinks that their religion is the "best" or "correct" one and anybody who believes something else is wrong and evil and are going to go to hell which is this imaginary place also invented by religious nuts to put fear into people. The people who buy into this crap are a bunch of brainwashed zombies and hipocrites!

Nitro Express
11-28-2006, 03:19 PM
Homeowner's Associations are nothing more than a conglomeration of power hungry pissants who want the whole world to know they have authority and can enforce it. I've seen so much stupidity in the name of covenants I could write a novel on it.

Put it this way, I bought a plot of land in Wyoming with few nieghbors and no home owner's association because I had previousely lived in a home owners association.

Nitro Express
11-28-2006, 03:21 PM
Hell, we go to war with each other on how we celebrate Christmas. I bet it all pisses the shit out of Jesus. No wonder he's going to come back and burn the shit out of this place and kick everyone's ass. LOL!

svrwthr
11-28-2006, 08:00 PM
I wonder how many of those bitchtards have satellite television. All those dishes have the name of the company that is providing them service. That is a in essence, a sign, advertisement that is not allowed in that gay asses agreement. If I pay for a home and the land it rests on, the only person that can tell me what to do and make me pay a taxation is the Federal Government.

lesfunk
04-02-2009, 12:55 PM
If they tried that shit with me, I'd burn a 12 foot inverted cross on my front lawn and say "HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW, BITCHES?"

FORD
04-02-2009, 02:55 PM
Strange time to necropost an Xmas thread.

Channeling your "inner Katie", Les?

lesfunk
04-02-2009, 03:17 PM
my cunt itches...

swage33
04-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Years ago I had a landscaping job in the Cleveland area. I had to do some work in one of these little "Hitlervilles". These people would pay 1/2 mil for a house and have no say so about the property it was on. A couple had a young daughter and she was just learning to drive. At the very edge of the driveway, where the drive hits the street, there was about 1/3 worth of tire marks...the girl wasn't very good at judging the vehicle. The head Nazi required us to install railroad ties down the entire length of their driveway. These timbers were far uglier than the marks. To make it more fucked up, we were doing the job while they were gone...they got back just as we were finishing and they were pissed. They demanded that we take up the timbers which weren't just laying there, they were drilled and anchored with a couple of 3' pieces of rebar. Now, we were pissed! But, the head nazi saved us...it was a sight, well to do people screaming at each other in public. They were all wearing sweaters...I remember that...no matter where we worked in hitlerville, the people were wearing sweaters. It was a weird scene.