PDA

View Full Version : Oooo Canada... !!!

blonddgirl777
11-30-2006, 04:32 PM
O.K., yes... I was never the best Canadian patriotic citizen here :o but THIS is something that should give me pride...

Sunday Telegraph Article
From UK wires: Salute to a brave and modest nation
Kevin Myers, The Sunday Telegraph

LONDON - Until the deaths last week of four Canadian soldiers accidentally killed by a U.S. warplane inAfghanistan, probably almost no one outside their home country had been aware that Canadian troops were deployed in the region. And as always, Canada will now bury its dead, just as the rest of the world as always will forget its sacrifice, just as it always forgets nearly everything Canada ever does.

It seems that Canada's historic mission is to come to the selfless aid both of its friends and of complete strangers, and then, once the crisis is over, to be well and truly ignored. Canada is the perpetual wallflower that stands on the edge of the hall, waiting for someone to come and ask her for a dance. A fire breaks out, she risks life and limb to rescue her fellow dance-goers, and suffers serious injuries. But when the hall is repaired and the dancing resumes, there is Canada, the wallflower still, while those she once helped glamorously cavort across the floor, blithely neglecting her yet again.

That is the price Canada pays for sharing the North American continent with the United States, and for being a selfless friend of Britain in two global conflicts. For much of the 20th century, Canada was torn in two different directions: It seemed to be a part of the old world, yet had an address in the new one, and that divided identity ensured that it never fully got the gratitude it deserved.

Yet its purely voluntary contribution to the cause of freedom in two world wars was perhaps the greatest of any democracy. Almost 10% of Canada's entire population of seven million people served in the armed forces during the First World War, and nearly 60,000 died. The great Allied victories of 1918 were spearheaded by Canadian troops, perhaps the most capable soldiers in the entire British order of battle.

Canada was repaid for its enormous sacrifice by downright neglect, its unique contribution to victory being absorbed into the popular Memory as somehow or other the work of the "British." The Second World War provided a re-run. The Canadian navy began the war with a half dozen vessels, and ended up policing nearly half of the Atlantic against U-boat attack. More than 120 Canadian warships participated in the Normandy landings, during which 15,000 Canadian soldiers went ashore on D-Day alone. Canada finished the war with the third-largest navy and the fourth-largest air force in the world.

The world thanked Canada with the same sublime indifference as it had the previous time. Canadian participation in the war was acknowledged in film only if it was necessary to give an American actor a part in a campaign in which the United States had clearly not participated - a touching scrupulousness which, of course, Hollywood has since abandoned, as it has any notion of a separate Canadian identity.

So it is a general rule that actors and filmmakers arriving in Hollywood keep their nationality - unless, that is, they are Canadian. Thus Mary Pickford, Walter Huston, Donald Sutherland, Michael J. Fox, William Shatner, Norman Jewison, David Cronenberg, Alex Trebek, Art Linkletter and Dan Aykroyd have in the popular perception become American, and Christopher Plummer, British. It is as if, in the very act of becoming famous, a Canadian ceases to be Canadian, unless she is Margaret Atwood, who is as unshakably Canadian as a moose, or Celine Dion, for whom Canada has proved quite unable to find any takers.

Moreover, Canada is every bit as querulously alert to the achievements of its sons and daughters as the rest of the world is completely unaware of them. The Canadians proudly say of themselves - and are unheard by anyone else - that 1% of the world's population has provided 10% of the world's peacekeeping forces. Canadian soldiers in the past half century have been the greatest peacekeepers on Earth - in 39 missions on UN mandates, and six on non-UN peacekeeping duties, from Vietnam to East Timor, from Sinai to Bosnia.

Yet the only foreign engagement that has entered the popular on-Canadian imagination was the sorry affair in Somalia, in which out-of-control paratroopers murdered two Somali infiltrators. Their regiment was then disbanded in disgrace - a uniquely Canadian act of self-abasement for which, naturally, the Canadians received no international credit.

So who today in the United States knows about the stoic and selfless friendship its northern neighbour has given it in Afghanistan? Rather like Cyrano de Bergerac, Canada repeatedly does honourable things for honourable motives, but instead of being thanked for it, it remains something of a figure of fun.

It is the Canadian way, for which Canadians should be proud, yet such honour comes at a high cost. This week, four more grieving Canadian families knew that cost all too tragically well.

blonddgirl777
11-30-2006, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777
... THIS is something that should give me pride...

Except for Céline Dion (of course)!
L.O.L.

BigBadBrian
11-30-2006, 05:00 PM
O.K., yes... I was never the best Canadian patriotic citizen here :o but THIS is something that should give me pride...

BG777, we have an unwritten rule here in the FL.

All females must post nekkid pictures of themselves if they want to fcontinue to post.

Pony up. :D

BTW - I'm j/k...I think. :cool:

LoungeMachine
11-30-2006, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
BG777, we have an unwritten rule here in the FL.

All females must post nekkid pictures of themselves if they want to fcontinue to post.

Pony up. :D

True.

It's in the handbook :cool:

blonddgirl777
11-30-2006, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
True.

It's in the handbook :cool:

It is in my constitutional rights (and duties) to read the handbook BEFORE posting pictures of myself!!! :eek:

Nickdfresh
11-30-2006, 07:22 PM
It is in my constitutional rights (and duties) to read the handbook BEFORE posting pictures of myself!!! :eek:

At least repost the bikini pics...

FORD
11-30-2006, 07:26 PM

As long as the BCE doesn't care about the Constitution, we don't have to either. Post the pics!! :cool:

blonddgirl777
11-30-2006, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
... bikini pics...

Since you've always been so nice to me...
And I am such a nice Blonddgirl...
Just ask and you shall receive! ;)

Pure Canadian "T";

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e92/blonddgirl777/CanadianBabe.jpg

... And "A";

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e92/blonddgirl777/canadianbabe2.jpg

That's all you need! :p

LoungeMachine
11-30-2006, 08:57 PM

Pure Canadian "T";

... And "A";

Oooops,

I think I just accidently gave this thread a sticky.

knuckleboner
11-30-2006, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by FORD
As long as the BCE doesn't care about the Constitution, we don't have to either. Post the pics!! :cool:

how many times do i have to explain the constitution around here? ignorance of the law is no defense.

if the law says post the naked pictures, you have to post the pictures!

(and, where's my old sparring partner, john ashcroft? if memory serves me right, we're still owed some naked pics from 2004. ally?...)

FORD
11-30-2006, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
how many times do i have to explain the constitution around here? ignorance of the law is no defense.

if the law says post the naked pictures, you have to post the pictures!

(and, where's my old sparring partner, john ashcroft? if memory serves me right, we're still owed some naked pics from 2004. ally?...)

Yeah, I never saw those either :(

But the above bikini shots are very nice.... aqnd make me proud to live in a northern border state! :cool:

blonddgirl777
12-01-2006, 01:26 AM
Since this is a "serious thread", in a "serious forum"... I will not post this picture but feel free to check it out...

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1062772#post1062772

It makes ME proud of living in the French part of the land of the ice and snow!!!

Nitro Express
12-01-2006, 04:45 AM

Pure Canadian "T";

... And "A";

Oh Canada!

Diamondjimi
12-01-2006, 03:26 PM
Sunday Telegraph Article
From UK wires: Salute to a brave and modest nation
Kevin Myers, The Sunday Telegraph

LONDON - Until the deaths last week of four Canadian soldiers accidentally killed by a U.S. warplane inAfghanistan, probably almost no one outside their home country had been aware that Canadian troops were deployed in the region. And as always, Canada will now bury its dead, just as the rest of the world as always will forget its sacrifice, just as it always forgets nearly everything Canada ever does.

It seems that Canada's historic mission is to come to the selfless aid both of its friends and of complete strangers, and then, once the crisis is over, to be well and truly ignored. Canada is the perpetual wallflower that stands on the edge of the hall, waiting for someone to come and ask her for a dance. A fire breaks out, she risks life and limb to rescue her fellow dance-goers, and suffers serious injuries. But when the hall is repaired and the dancing resumes, there is Canada, the wallflower still, while those she once helped glamorously cavort across the floor, blithely neglecting her yet again.

That is the price Canada pays for sharing the North American continent with the United States, and for being a selfless friend of Britain in two global conflicts. For much of the 20th century, Canada was torn in two different directions: It seemed to be a part of the old world, yet had an address in the new one, and that divided identity ensured that it never fully got the gratitude it deserved.

Yet its purely voluntary contribution to the cause of freedom in two world wars was perhaps the greatest of any democracy. Almost 10% of Canada's entire population of seven million people served in the armed forces during the First World War, and nearly 60,000 died. The great Allied victories of 1918 were spearheaded by Canadian troops, perhaps the most capable soldiers in the entire British order of battle.

Canada was repaid for its enormous sacrifice by downright neglect, its unique contribution to victory being absorbed into the popular Memory as somehow or other the work of the "British." The Second World War provided a re-run. The Canadian navy began the war with a half dozen vessels, and ended up policing nearly half of the Atlantic against U-boat attack. More than 120 Canadian warships participated in the Normandy landings, during which 15,000 Canadian soldiers went ashore on D-Day alone. Canada finished the war with the third-largest navy and the fourth-largest air force in the world.

The world thanked Canada with the same sublime indifference as it had the previous time. Canadian participation in the war was acknowledged in film only if it was necessary to give an American actor a part in a campaign in which the United States had clearly not participated - a touching scrupulousness which, of course, Hollywood has since abandoned, as it has any notion of a separate Canadian identity.

So it is a general rule that actors and filmmakers arriving in Hollywood keep their nationality - unless, that is, they are Canadian. Thus Mary Pickford, Walter Huston, Donald Sutherland, Michael J. Fox, William Shatner, Norman Jewison, David Cronenberg, Alex Trebek, Art Linkletter and Dan Aykroyd have in the popular perception become American, and Christopher Plummer, British. It is as if, in the very act of becoming famous, a Canadian ceases to be Canadian, unless she is Margaret Atwood, who is as unshakably Canadian as a moose, or Celine Dion, for whom Canada has proved quite unable to find any takers.

Moreover, Canada is every bit as querulously alert to the achievements of its sons and daughters as the rest of the world is completely unaware of them. The Canadians proudly say of themselves - and are unheard by anyone else - that 1% of the world's population has provided 10% of the world's peacekeeping forces. Canadian soldiers in the past half century have been the greatest peacekeepers on Earth - in 39 missions on UN mandates, and six on non-UN peacekeeping duties, from Vietnam to East Timor, from Sinai to Bosnia.

Yet the only foreign engagement that has entered the popular on-Canadian imagination was the sorry affair in Somalia, in which out-of-control paratroopers murdered two Somali infiltrators. Their regiment was then disbanded in disgrace - a uniquely Canadian act of self-abasement for which, naturally, the Canadians received no international credit.

So who today in the United States knows about the stoic and selfless friendship its northern neighbour has given it in Afghanistan? Rather like Cyrano de Bergerac, Canada repeatedly does honourable things for honourable motives, but instead of being thanked for it, it remains something of a figure of fun.

It is the Canadian way, for which Canadians should be proud, yet such honour comes at a high cost. This week, four more grieving Canadian families knew that cost all too tragically well.

Thanks BG777. Great article. It just reaffirms my Canadian pride.
We've done our share and are mostly overlooked or ignored but we continue to to remain proud of our accomplishments and contributions to world peace. Perhaps if we were "chestbeaters" like our neighbours we might be more recognised for our achievments. But that's ok,suits me just fine. I'm proud we're known as a peaceful nation across the globe. :cool:
Does anyone care to post about the article or just keep asking for BG777 pics.?

blonddgirl777
12-01-2006, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
...I'm proud we're known as a peaceful nation across the globe. :cool:...

You know, some of my American friends tell me that when they travel to Europe (maybe not in England), they pretend to be Canadian... just to avoid conflicts...

When I go there, I see their looks change, when I tell them that I am from Canada (not the U-S)... they becaume more "friendly"!

It was not always like that but really (and sadly)... it is now!

blonddgirl777
12-01-2006, 05:06 PM
...Does anyone care to post about the article or just keep asking for BG777 pics.?

I get this "show us your tits" thing every once in a while...
Especially when there is nothing to criticize about my post... :rolleyes:

I just "give the dogs a bone" and it works everytime!!! :p

Of course... I am not the one on those pictures... ;)

knuckleboner
12-01-2006, 05:12 PM
ok, you crazy canucks: some actual meat aboot the article...

1) despite the very small population compared to the U.S., i know canada had some pretty heavy participation in WWII.

2) i've got as much U.S. pride as anybody, but i will note that we have twice tried to invade the great white north. first during the revolutionary war and second during the war of 1812. i believe we're 0-2...;)

blonddgirl777
12-01-2006, 05:45 PM
... 1) despite the very small population compared to the U.S., i know canada had some pretty heavy participation in WWII...

Meat hey?

I just hope you are NOT trying to compare the motives of Canadians in WWII with the ones of American's in this one...! ;)

blonddgirl777
12-01-2006, 05:50 PM
... i've got as much U.S. pride as anybody...

Trust me... I know a couple Americans that haven't felt so proud lately!
And NO... they are NOT idiots...

Nonetheless, I beleive everyone should be proud of who they are, wherever they are from and try to make things "better" as much as they can!

I am, a crazy Kanuck with faith in people!!!

Nickdfresh
12-01-2006, 07:35 PM
All kidding aside, Canadian soldiers are amongst the finest...

Nitro Express
12-01-2006, 07:55 PM
You know, some of my American friends tell me that when they travel to Europe (maybe not in England), they pretend to be Canadian... just to avoid conflicts...

When I go there, I see their looks change, when I tell them that I am from Canada (not the U-S)... they becaume more "friendly"!

It was not always like that but really (and sadly)... it is now!

We used to say we were Canadian in Latin America because people tended to have no beef with Canadians.

I spent some time in Germany and couldn't avoid shit comming my way over the whole Iraq invasion. Like it was my choice to invade. I would get mad and say if they have beef with Iraq slag Bush, not the American people.

Europe is infiltrated by muslims and I can't blame them for being worried about terrorism over there but the terrorism was a problem before we ever went into Iraq.

What can you say, Iraq has been a foriegn relations pooch screw.

FORD
12-01-2006, 08:02 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ma6iFoyfqRc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ma6iFoyfqRc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

blonddgirl777
12-01-2006, 08:16 PM
All kidding aside, Canadian soldiers are amongst the finest...

And why is that?

blonddgirl777
12-01-2006, 08:18 PM
"Well... Kyyyyyle's mom is a bitch, she's a big fat bitch, she's the biggest bitch in the whole wide world..." :p

DylanLeeRoth
12-01-2006, 08:26 PM
I am one of the proudest Canadians you'll ever meet. Whenever I see a actor or celebrity thats Canadian i make sure to point them out. and theres ALOT. lots of great athletes and entrepeuners as well. look at such things like the telephone and television both canadian inventions. canada is a great place to live and i know exactly how much they've added when it comes to world wars etc...pisses me off usa killed four of our guys when the fuck did this happen.

blonddgirl777
12-01-2006, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by DylanLeeRoth
...pisses me off usa killed four of our guys when the fuck did this happen.

It was an accident... I'm sure...
Casualties of war... again! :(

pflo
12-01-2006, 09:04 PM
The U.S pilots were wacked on amphetamines, and they got off with nothing.Oops.Sorry.

blonddgirl777
12-01-2006, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by pflo
The U.S pilots were wacked on amphetamines, and they got off with nothing.Oops.Sorry.

What??? :confused:
"Oops... I did it again..." just like Britney???

Diamondjimi
12-02-2006, 02:06 AM

Meatblower !

Diamondjimi
12-02-2006, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by DyldoLeRuth
I am one of the dumbest Canadians you'll ever meet.

Definately !

:upyours:

frets5150
12-02-2006, 03:40 AM

Pure Canadian "T";

... And "A";

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/FRETS5150/survey-says-hit-it1.jpg

;)

knuckleboner
12-02-2006, 12:35 PM
Meat hey?

heh heh. ok, perhaps that was pun intended...

I just hope you are NOT trying to compare the motives of Canadians in WWII with the ones of American's in this one...! ;)

nope, just giving the canadians credit for their WWII participation. nothing more.

[b]Trust me... I know a couple Americans that haven't felt so proud lately!
And NO... they are NOT idiots...

well, i may not agree with every decision my government makes, but my own personal pride hasn't diminished any. i may be a little biased, but i think we're still a pretty solid country.

but then again, this thread's aboot canadian pride (and possibly female nudity...). so to get a little back on topic, i'm also proud that the U.S.-canadian border is the world's longest undefended border. we may quibble from time to time, but i think that's a pretty strong statement of how much the U.S. values our canadian partners.

VanHalener
12-02-2006, 10:46 PM

Pure Canadian "T";

... And "A";

Blonddgirl,

I'm glad you're proud of your country. I'm proud of Canada for producing a beauty like yourself. DAMN!
Anyway, I served in the armed forces and was afforded opportunities to serve with Canadian soldiers while we did some pretty high speed shit.
No complaints here. They were all squared away, good soldiers.

blonddgirl777
12-02-2006, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by vanhalener
... I'm proud of Canada for producing a beauty like yourself. DAMN!...

Thanks!
Yes... we do, produce good quality women (and apparently soldiers) but I hope you didn't beleive this girl is me?

I found the top part on the 2nd. page of "Yahoo Image" and the bottom, on "Google"... :D

VanHalener
12-02-2006, 11:54 PM
Thought it was you, but that's alright. Love you anyway!

VanHalener
12-03-2006, 12:47 AM
http://www.collectionscanada.ca/02/020106_e.html

http://www.ranger.org/history.html

For Blonddgirl777
http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/soldier-2/

Nickdfresh
12-03-2006, 05:39 AM
And why is that?

Because despite being underfunded equipment-wise, they're well paid and well trained...

U.S. commanders in Afghanistan spoke highly of them, especially the snipers...

pflo
12-03-2006, 12:38 PM
Meatblower ! Good one.Great comeback, shit for brains...care to add something or just name call like a baby? Look it up, those pilots WERE on an aMphetamine derivative to stay alert on the missions, sorry if the truth hurts your little ego.

Nitro Express
12-03-2006, 03:46 PM
I've spent many hours of drunken debaucery with Canadians. I might have a few children north of the border I don't know about.

Diamondjimi
12-03-2006, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by pflo :blow2:
Good one.Great comeback, shit for brains...
Calls 'em as I see's 'em ,douchbag.

Look it up, those pilots WERE on an aMphetamine derivative to stay alert on the missions, sorry if the truth hurts your little ego.
Never said they weren't on "enhancers"
Truth hurts ?WTF? I'm CANADIAN you fuckin moron, sure it pissed me off that the pilots walked.Maybe they were too fuckin wired to check their goddamn GPS navigators for friendly positions. Shit happens.
Eat shit ,Turdcutter!

Nickdfresh
12-03-2006, 05:47 PM
Good one.Great comeback, #### for brains...care to add something or just name call like a baby? Look it up, those pilots WERE on an aMphetamine derivative to stay alert on the missions, sorry if the truth hurts your little ego.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure the Canadian Air Forces take them too in their CF-18s...

They, like the U.S. military, also use an anti-malaria drug believed to cause psychotic episodes after prolonged use.

blonddgirl777
12-03-2006, 08:18 PM
That's war...

Terrible shit happens; children get killed, women get raped, co-soldiers get into accidents etc...

The drugs are said to be "essential" when it comes to taking a normal guy and asking him to switch from sensitive and sweet to killing without fear in just the time frame of a plane trip...

Plus, I have a feeling that they don't necessarely get their 8 hours beauty sleep and full meals (with the 5 groups) on a regular basis...

If we don't want war related mistakes, we should avoir war itself...
But that, is a whole 'nother debate!

Nitro Express
12-03-2006, 11:24 PM
That's war...

Terrible shit happens; children get killed, women get raped, co-soldiers get into accidents etc...

The drugs are said to be "essential" when it comes to taking a normal guy and asking him to switch from sensitive and sweet to killing without fear in just the time frame of a plane trip...

Plus, I have a feeling that they don't necessarely get their 8 hours beauty sleep and full meals (with the 5 groups) on a regular basis...

If we don't want war related mistakes, we should avoir war itself...
But that, is a whole 'nother debate!

My grandfather was a cowboy rancher type. He served in a machine gun battalion in WWI. After the war he never talked about the war and refused to own any type of firearm. He had a very strong brotherhood with his fellow veterans.

When he passed away we were cleaning out his room. I was cleaning out his dresser drawer when I was only 7 years old. It had cool stuff in it and my mom said I could keep anything I wanted. Tucked away in the bottom of the drawer was horrible photographs of rotting skeletons in the trenches. They were so horrible they scared the shit out of me. Just masses of dead, rotting bodies still with boots, uniforms but decaying and turning into skeletons. It was horrid.

Agreed. Any war big or small comes at a high price. Sometimes we have no choice but to stop a menacing dictatorship but we sure as hell better think about the costs. Politicians start the wars and the average guy pays for them and finishes them. Even in this modern age a war is ended with a man and a rifle.

Iraq was the result of the higher ups being overconfident and relying too much on shock and awe technology. Iraq is a big disaster for many reasons. Like Vietanm is will be a smear on US history but this country will go on. I hope we learned our lesson about getting into wars.

blonddgirl777
12-04-2006, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
... I was cleaning out his dresser drawer when I was only 7 years old...

Sorry you had to see that (at 7)... how terrible!
Can you imagine walking through "that"?

My old uncle was in a similar situation in WWII but when he came back, he had to be hospitalized for the rest of his life...
His physical body was O.K. but the drugs and drinking had fucked him up for life.

I cannot avoid thinking about one of my favorite movie "Jacob's Ladder", when I think about war... and I'm sure there is a lot of things we don't know about and that the soldiers get yo keep for themselves...

blonddgirl777
12-04-2006, 09:06 AM
... I hope we learned our lesson about getting into wars.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Although... Here, in Canada, we didn't beleive in this one to begin with and have certainly learned from our neighbor's mistakes.
Now let's just hope that Harper will come to his senses... soon! :rolleyes:

DrMaddVibe
12-04-2006, 09:26 AM

Pure Canadian "T";

... And "A";

You're no Clay Aiken, that's for sure!!!

blonddgirl777
12-04-2006, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
I don't think I'll ever need maple syrup for waffles or pancakes again...I'll just stare at these pictures if I want something sweet!

At least admit it... you might think our health system is not as good as their's but THAT is an important benefit they don't get as easily!!! ;)

Angel
12-07-2006, 07:42 PM
The killing of those soldiers wasn't your typical friendly fire. I attended the funeral for all four, it was the most heart-wrenching thing I've ever experienced.

For those who don't know, Canucks were known as some of the most ruthless during WWII...

Good on ya for showing some pride for a change BG!!!

blonddgirl777
12-07-2006, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Angel
... Good on ya for showing some pride for a change BG!!!

Yes it does, happen to me... sometimes! :D

Full Bug
12-07-2006, 09:18 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Although... Here, in Canada, we didn't beleive in this one to begin with and have certainly learned from our neighbor's mistakes.
Now let's just hope that Harper will come to his senses... soon! :rolleyes:
It was the Liberals under Paul Martin who sent them there in the first place, but sure, lets blame Harper....:rolleyes:

blonddgirl777
12-07-2006, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Full Bug
It was the Liberals under Paul Martin who sent them there in the first place, but sure, lets blame Harper....:rolleyes:

When Harper looks up in the mirror... he sees G.W. Bush!

pflo
12-08-2006, 12:13 AM
It was the Liberals under Paul Martin who sent them there in the first place, but sure, lets blame Harper....:rolleyes: What are you talking about stoner?? Iraq and Afghanistan are DIFFERENT COUNTRIES! Are you a Yank?

Angel
12-08-2006, 01:45 PM

Actually, it was Chretien. Our mandate was to aid in the transition of NATO taking over for the US.

When Harper extended our committment there, it was done with absolutely no clear mandate whatsoever....

blonddgirl777
12-08-2006, 02:00 PM
So what do you, Canadians (and others too) think of Stéphane Dion?
Here, he is said to be the next Pierre Eliott Trudeau...

Nitro Express
12-08-2006, 02:57 PM
Politicians around the world are mostly the same. They are puppets for sale and if they aren't that, they are dictators.

There's not too many George Washington's who renounce the opportunity to be a dictator. Napoleon once said, the French people wanted him to be another George Washington and he didn't want to be.

Honest politicians are rare and benevolent dictators are a nice dream.

Nitro Express
12-08-2006, 03:00 PM
That being said, life is too short not to enjoy. If you aren't horny, you aren't living! I want to have all the sex I can before I kick off either from old age, someone elses stupidity, a jelouse lovers rage, or disease. Dying from boredom is a seriouse sin.

Angel
12-08-2006, 04:10 PM

Didn't know much about him prior to the convention. I'm concerned that his poor English will work against him in the West... but I'm impressed so far. Especially with his plans for sustainable development in the west, and his stand on environmental issues.

WACF
12-08-2006, 05:45 PM

Yes...a fact people do not seem to realize.

The Liberals only gave the military 45 minutes notice that they were going to place a mission with a minumun 2000 soldiers. The Libs never consulted with the armed forces to see if they could pull it off before making an announcement.

The armed forces did an outstanding job putting together the equipment and men/women they did for that mission.

Harper only extended to mission to 2009...which I think was the right thing to do.

Our men and women stayed in the former Yugoslovia for over 10 years...

WACF
12-08-2006, 05:48 PM
Actually, it was Chretien. Our mandate was to aid in the transition of NATO taking over for the US.

When Harper extended our committment there, it was done with absolutely no clear mandate whatsoever....

Part of the mandate was to eliminate the threat in order to rebuild.

It worked in the North...our media forgets that the PPCLI where there in 2002(unless they are talking about the FF incident)...and proved very good at killing the enemy.

WACF
12-08-2006, 06:16 PM
Actually I worded that poorly.

The mission the Liberals signed onto(ISAF) and the Conservatives extended by a couple years is a NATO mission under the United Nations Security Council Mandate.

It was always defined...something Peter Mansbridge or Lloyd Robertson will never tell you...I heard Kevin Newman say it once.
Yet I have read it many times.

blonddgirl777
12-08-2006, 06:43 PM
... his poor English will work against him in the West...

Is it as poor as Chrétien's? L.O.L.
Don't worry... he'll learn!

WACF
12-08-2006, 07:30 PM

My first thought was "Oh great...another frickin' lawyer from Quebec!".

Really I see him as a return of the older Liberals under ol Jean rather than the slightly purged Libs under Paul.
I think this is bad...he is an old MP who may of not learned from the errors of the Liberal mismanagment and corruption.

He is already feeding into fear mongering by talking of right wing agendas.
Reality is the Conservatives under Harper are better at being Liberal than the Liberals were.

While Dion was environment minister he did nothing to help fix emmisions...in fact they rose under his watch.
The whole "Buy green credits" bullshit the Liberals planned to look good for Kyoto was a joke.
The Liberals did nothing about Kyoto because they did not want to hurt or kill the economy...and Dion seems to have forgotten that...or he thinks we are idiots.

Time will tell...I was hoping for Kennedy myself.

blonddgirl777
12-08-2006, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by WACF
My first thought was "Oh great...another frickin' lawyer from Quebec!"...

I walways wondered why Quebecers are so strong as politic leaders?
Pro rata, they are being elected pertty often...

As for Dion, I don't really see him as prime... the reasons are purely intuitive (wich is worth what it's worth) but look at him; white as a ghost, not too impressive, not too loud, kinda shy... his conversation level is just "average"...

As you said; time will tell...

WACF
12-09-2006, 11:42 AM
Newfoundland and Labrador - 7 seats
Prince Edward Island - 4 seats
Nova Scotia - 11 seats
New Brunswick - 10 seats
Quebec - 75 seats
Ontario - 106 seats
Manitoba - 14 seats
Saskatchewan - 14 seats
Alberta - 28 seats
British Columbia - 36 seats
Yukon - 1 seat
Northwest Territories - 1 seat
Nunavut - 1 seat

As you can see the bulk of federal seats are in the east.
It just naturally works out that the Liberal leader is most likely going to come from the east.
It is also typical that the biggest threat to the Liberals is Quebec and the Bloq.
I think they like taking a Quebecor as leader to help win over some Quebec seats.
It usually works for them as history has shown.

blonddgirl777
12-09-2006, 02:42 PM
... As you can see the bulk of federal seats are in the east.
It just naturally works out that the Liberal leader is most likely going to come from the east.
It is also typical that the biggest threat to the Liberals is Quebec and the Bloq.
I think they like taking a Quebecor as leader to help win over some Quebec seats.
It usually works for them as history has shown.

Le Bloc Québécois is (at federal), the most liberal party out there...
Yes, Quebecers do elect the French speaking ones... it is very important here...

Funny how at provincial, the liberals are the conservatives and the P.Q. are the most liberals...
Those terms are not very accurate!

Angel
12-11-2006, 05:55 PM
I was hoping for Kennedy myself.

Me too!!! Mark my words, one day, Canada WILL have a Kennedy in power. ;)

Nitro Express
12-12-2006, 12:37 AM
Life is too short to ruin with politics. You know you are fucked when after you die St. Peter wants your social security number and gives you a tax ID number.

Diamondjimi
12-12-2006, 08:14 PM

No offence BG. But , NO MORE FRENCH PRIME MINISTERS !

blonddgirl777
12-12-2006, 10:23 PM
No offence BG. But , NO MORE FRENCH PRIME MINISTERS !

I'm not offended at all!
But what makes you say that?

Diamondjimi
12-13-2006, 04:06 PM
I'm not offended at all!
But what makes you say that?

I'd like to see PM's from across Canada. Diversity is nice. ;)

Angel
12-13-2006, 05:54 PM
They might as well all be from the East... Once they get to Ottawa, they forget about the West anyway... Harper is a PRIME example. I don't give fuck what language they speak, as long as they do a good job.

blonddgirl777
12-13-2006, 06:40 PM
They might as well all be from the East... Once they get to Ottawa, they forget about the West anyway...

East, west... I guess everybody complains about the same things...
Here, we say that the prime ministers forget about US! :rolleyes:
...Especially Quebecers like Trudeau and Mullroney (and maybe, Dion) that are said to be "traiders"...
Nobody is ever happy! :o

blonddgirl777
12-13-2006, 08:23 PM
Ho!

We have another Quebecer in the house... and it's not Franksters...
Let's hear what HE has to say?

Wellcome, "Fortinfoto"!

blonddgirl777
12-13-2006, 09:35 PM
Ho!

We have another Quebecer in the house... and it's not Franksters...
Let's hear what HE has to say?

Wellcome, "Fortinfoto"!

Don't worry!
Eaven if you are a hard core P.Q. separatist... state your mind...
Promise I won't bite!

I come from a family of souverainistes... I am the black sheep so I'm used to that controversy!

FORD
12-13-2006, 11:26 PM
This "Dion" you are discussing isn't related to the Antichrist herself, is he?

blonddgirl777
12-14-2006, 09:13 AM

I was expecting that one...
NO!

And I don't know Bob, James and Sally from Edmonton either :rolleyes:

L.O.L.

Angel
12-15-2006, 01:43 PM

Ford, you're usually more "up" on our politics than that.

He's the man that's going to be our next PM... say goodbye to GW's baby brother up here! ;)

blonddgirl777
12-15-2006, 01:59 PM
... GW's baby brother up here! ;)

Who B.T.W. only got elected because of Paul Martin's personnal thefts within our piggy bank (and other insanities)...

Now, THAT was one dishonest Frenchie! :rolleyes:

WACF
12-15-2006, 03:37 PM
I like Harper...I think Dion is more of the old again.

WACF
12-15-2006, 04:11 PM
Who B.T.W. only got elected because of Paul Martin's personnal thefts within our piggy bank (and other insanities)...

:rolleyes:

Very true.

Our media...mostly the CBC...are very Liberal.
The arrogance of some Libs really pissed of some reporters...and they paid a heavy price.

There was one segment that got very little play...but basically on CPAC the Lib press secretary told Mike Duffy what he could and could not talk about...then threatened Duffy if he asked the wrong questions.

Duffy lost it on him...good for him.
The Liberals have lied way too much for me to jump back just because they have a new(old) leader.

Harper has proven to be very effective...but he too has pissed off the press...and he is paying.

A good example is how the press and opposition like to blame Harper for things that happened under the Liberals.
They forget Harper has not even been in power for one year yet!

blonddgirl777
12-15-2006, 05:15 PM
All the Liberals need is a good talker... and although Dion doesn't talk to US very well, the east will probably vote for him...

Everybody sais he is the next Trudeau but I think he has a lot of crusts to eat first!

Angel
12-15-2006, 05:56 PM

Now, THAT was one dishonest Frenchie! :rolleyes:

That's the truth....

I still REALLY like Kennedy... and we have young Mr. Trudeau up and coming as well.

However, as a gay pot-smoking female.... I can NEVER like Harper!

blonddgirl777
12-15-2006, 05:59 PM
... and we have young Mr. Trudeau up and coming as well...

If you're talking about Justin... NOOOOOOooooo!!!!!!
Can't stand him...

Do you really think he could ever be cut for the job? :confused:

blonddgirl777
12-15-2006, 06:00 PM
... young Mr. Trudeau...

FORD,
Before you ask;
YES, Justin is related to P.E. Trudeau (the one that died, looking like Mr. Burns)...

blonddgirl777
12-15-2006, 06:04 PM
... However, as a gay pot-smoking female.... I can NEVER like Harper!

Same here...
I'm not gay but as a female, I have to be against him...

He took away the laws on women's rights and disolved the "Ministry of Female Condition"!

Wich was responsable for salary equity, criminalization of family violence done to women and other rights that where previously earned the hard way... :mad:

Bastard!

WACF
12-15-2006, 08:57 PM
Same here...
I'm not gay but as a female, I have to be against him...

He took away the laws on women's rights and disolved the "Ministry of Female Condition"!

Wich was responsable for salary equity, criminalization of family violence done to women and other rights that where previously earned the hard way... :mad:

Bastard!

No he did not....

Women are protected under the law already...he never took away one woman's right.

16 out of 18 Status of Women offices had unused funds and payed staff to do nothing...that money was taken back and is supposed to be reallocated to front line services for women in the spring.

The Conservatives are very heavy on equality between man and women.

blonddgirl777
12-15-2006, 11:25 PM
No he did not....

Yes he did!
Heard the minister of "feminine condition" takling about it just last week...

Plus, he clearly said that he has no intentions to put anymore funds into that ministry!

blonddgirl777
12-15-2006, 11:26 PM
... The Conservatives are very heavy on equality between man and women.

Then let's see what they'll do about it!

WACF
12-16-2006, 01:38 AM
You are buying into the leftist spin.

The cuts were due to the inactivity of the offices...people were getting paid and were not doing anything.

The money will be allocated in the spring budget to women's groups that are active.

Women did not lose rights like you think...what right has any woman lost since the announcement?

This is an article from the Minister in charge herself...

Minister believes women's office hinders equality

OTTAWA - Status of Women Minister Bev Oda says the Conservative government has removed "equality'' from the mandate of the status of women program because it wants to instil the belief in equality in every government department, agency and office.

Oda said in a CanWest News Service interview Tuesday that many people feel that the status of women office "relieves them of responsibility'' for making progress on equality.

"A lot of issues are not women's issues, they're Canadian issues,'' Oda said, explaining the government philosophy behind a series of moves that have provoked a week of Opposition criticism and protests by women's groups.

The much-criticized moves include closure of a dozen status-of-women offices across the country, a halt to spending on women's rights advocacy and removal of the ``equality'' mandate from the women's program, which provides $10.8 million in annual grants.

"It's not just in one secretariat or one office, the office of the status of women, where that premise has to be established,'' she said. "I think in fact it weakens the belief, it weakens the ability of the equality of women to be instilled throughout the government department, agencies and offices.''

Women's rights representatives say the government is removing the raison d'etre of the status of women department set up in the 1970s after a royal commission documented widespread inequality between the sexes.

"If you want to advocate for more opportunities for women to enter the workforce, you should be talking to the minister of human resources and social development,'' Oda said. "If it's aboriginal women, it's the responsibility of the minister of aboriginal affairs.

"We believe as a government that every part of the federal government has to be founded in the belief of equality,'' Oda said.

She said the $5 million savings from closing the majority of status of women offices and halting advocacy grants will be spent on front-line community programs that help women directly. The examples she gave were for job counsellors at women's shelters and business advisors for women starting a small company. She said the cost of delivering grants would be reduced to 17 cents from 31 cents on the dollar.

She denied the controversial moves are in response to pressure from REAL Women, a conservative organization that has long pushed for dismantling of the status of women department on grounds that for decades it has funded only "the ideology of feminists.''

Oda said the term feminist "doesn't bother me. It's not pro or con. All I know is that I stand for what's right and what's wrong. I stand for recognizing as a woman, as a visible minority, certain people have greater challenges and I'm privileged to be in a position that I'd like to do something about it.''

She indicated she has little patience for research and studies on well-known matters of inequality, such as the deteriorating financial security of elderly women in Canada or the need to stop human trafficking.

"We see the results of research, we know the statements,'' she said. "We believe at this time taxpayer dollars have to be used for real action, doing something real. What benefit is another study if we don't start doing something to change the results of these studies.''

Ottawa Citizen

© CanWest News Service 2006

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/politics/story.html?id=48738994-988f-4682-9ce5-aa5bec91c39f&k=38713

WACF
12-16-2006, 01:39 AM
Then let's see what they'll do about it!

What is wrong right now?

blonddgirl777
12-16-2006, 02:34 PM
What is wrong right now?

Besides the fact that changes are not going fast enough, (ex.; women are still not equally paid)...
Nothing I know or can think of...
Because the liberals where in power!

Now that Harbush clearly said he was not putting anyome money into that ministry (for whatever stated reasons), things won't move at all...

Of course, he "needs" that money for millitary! :mad:

Maybe he forgets that nowadays... women have the right to vote! ;)

blonddgirl777
12-16-2006, 02:47 PM
You are buying into the leftist spin...

At federal, I always voted Liberal
At provincial, I used to vote P.Q. but after spending 8 years of my life in the U-S and 2 in Ontario, I see things differently so I now vote Liberal too...

WACF
12-16-2006, 02:54 PM
Besides the fact that changes are not going fast enough, (ex.; women are still not equally paid)...
Nothing I know or can think of...
Because the liberals where in power!

Now that Harbush clearly said he was not putting anyome money into that ministry (for whatever stated reasons), things won't move at all...

Of course, he "needs" that money for millitary! :mad:

Maybe he forgets that nowadays... women have the right to vote! ;)

Where are women not getting equal pay?
It is law that you can not discriminate based on sex or race.
Other than big business executive jobs...and government can not dicate such things.
Shoot Belinda Stronach an email...she advocates for women...yet when she was head of Magna not one woman was hired on the board of directors...she is a political hyprocrite.

Harper is going to reallocate the money to places where women will directly benefit...not government wages.
If you did not read it check out the article I posted...some of it is in there.
What is wrong with that?

The military is in a sad state...you can thank ol Pierre for that.
Everything the military needs is being bought.
The NDP where furious that we did not sent transport ships and planes to Lebanon to bring back the fair weather Canadians.
Guess what....we had no ship or plane to do it...they do not exist!
We pay to have our stuff shipped around the world.

The C-17s are required for peacekeeping, Humanitrian missions(DART) and for deployments such as ISAF.
The supply ships are needed because our current ones are in rust out.
The C-130Js are needed to replace planes that are already over 30 years old...our Hercules are the oldest in the world still operating.
Men have died flying our seakings...is that right?
They need replacing.
Our fixed wing search and rescue planes need replacing...people forget the military does alot of humanitarian things.

The Lav IIIs and 155mm aritiltery were bought by the Liberals...and they have saved many Canadian, British and US lives in the last year.
I read a good ariticle how Canuks road in under direct fire to bail save British Paratroopers. Never made the Main stream news though did it.

Duceppe lies to you guys in Quebec about Afghanistan...it is a Nato mission with a UN mandate.
Harper never changed the mission...he extended it for a couple years to try and accomplish something.
You worry about women losing rights here(Will never happen) yet Canadians are giving women and girls right to education and healthcare over there...why is that bad.

I will find some info on the PRT and post it for you...they are things the news does not tell you.

BTW the Van Doo's are security for that part of the mission...you must hear some news about that you would think...are they not based out of Valcartier(spelling?).

WACF
12-16-2006, 02:56 PM
At federal, I always voted Liberal
At provincial, I used to vote P.Q. but after spending 8 years of my life in the U-S and 2 in Ontario, I see things differently so I now vote Liberal too...

The Liberals at Federal are left of center.

blonddgirl777
12-16-2006, 03:02 PM

NO WAY!!!
That law doesn't get applied!
NO...

And it is not only on an individual level but also where you have "women jobs" VS "men's jobs"...
Ex.: Teachers and nurses will sometimes study as much as an Engineer but will never get nearly paid as much...

blonddgirl777
12-16-2006, 03:03 PM
The Liberals at Federal are left of center.

I know...

blonddgirl777
12-16-2006, 03:08 PM
NO WAY!!!
NO...

And I would bet my LEFT arm that Angel (from the Prairies) agrees with me (from Québec) on that one!

blonddgirl777
12-16-2006, 03:40 PM
NO WAY!!!
NO...

Another Exemple...

A friend of mine is pregnant. She works at a Visual Merchandise Manager at a big, very well known reatailer.

She has been the "model employee' for over 5 years and still is. Working her ass off, 60 hours/week, week ends, flying everywhere for many days in a row etc...

Now that her employer sees that when she'll come back from her maternity leave, she won't be able to "live at work" due to her new family's obligations, he decided to start steering (and inventing) some shit... to get rid of her!

And that is one way to get rid of mothers in the work space... "your position has been cut" and we "re-structurized" are only some of the others...

Now that kind of unfairness only happens to women (that happen to become mothers) so you can imagine that when comes the time to hire, between 2 candidates; a MAN will get the job... a gay man with absolutely no family obligations is preferable.

Our laws don't do anything for those very subtile yet real kinds of discrimination!

WACF
12-16-2006, 06:27 PM
NO WAY!!!
NO...

And it is not only on an individual level but also where you have "women jobs" VS "men's jobs"...
Ex.: Teachers and nurses will sometimes study as much as an Engineer but will never get nearly paid as much...

Well...I know male nurses that do not get paid more than women...and that is also a union negotiated wage.

I also work with an engineer that is a woman and she gets paid the same as her male co-workers.
Women have tried out the same job I do but do not stick around...they usually go back up to the mill versus ungerground. The pay for them is the same as any man...they are also expected to do their share of the work.

Men teach as well as women and pay equity is the same.

My wife works with Highway patrol and she is paid the same as her male coworkers.

RCMP - city police...all the same wages.

Armed forces pays the same.

Are things that backwards in Quebec?

The law should be the same across the land.

WACF
12-16-2006, 06:29 PM
Another Exemple...

A friend of mine is pregnant. She works at a Visual Merchandise Manager at a big, very well known reatailer.

She has been the "model employee' for over 5 years and still is. Working her ass off, 60 hours/week, week ends, flying everywhere for many days in a row etc...

Now that her employer sees that when she'll come back from her maternity leave, she won't be able to "live at work" due to her new family's obligations, he decided to start steering (and inventing) some shit... to get rid of her!

And that is one way to get rid of mothers in the work space... "your position has been cut" and we "re-structurized" are only some of the others...

Now that kind of unfairness only happens to women (that happen to become mothers) so you can imagine that when comes the time to hire, between 2 candidates; a MAN will get the job... a gay man with absolutely no family obligations is preferable.

Our laws don't do anything for those very subtile yet real kinds of discrimination!

What they are doing is against the law...that is also up to your provincial governemnt to intervene as it would go against provincal labour law.

Talk to Mr. Charest about that....

WACF
12-16-2006, 08:43 PM
Some PRT that I mentioned.

This is what the Left wingers in this country do not want you knowing....

http://toyoufromfailinghands.blogspot.com/2006/12/some-prt-stats.html

Some PRT stats

25 Provincial Reconstruction Teams from 37 different nations:

Ongoing Projects
RC North - 72
RC West - 93
RC South - 72
RC East - 876

Airfields
ISAF has provided direct technical assesment and plannig support to the Ministry of Transport to deliver robust development of all 7 regional and 3 national airfields

Education
There are now 43,000-45,000 trained teachers in Afghanistan

Healthcare
One district hospital, three basic Health Centres and one comprehensive Health Centre have been established, providing health services to an estimated 200,000 people.
83% of the population now have access to healthcare.

School Growth v Attacks
Despite a 62% increase in attacks from 2005 to 2006, there has still been an increase of approximately 1,000 schools built or opened in 2006.

Afghan National Security Forces
Afghan National Army - over 35,000 personnel have been assigned to the total force structure
Afghan National Police - over 42,000 personnel have been assigned to the total force structure

Road Construction
1,743 km of the Ring Road Network, or 52% of the total 3,256 km of roads has been asphalted.
2,743 km, or 82% of the 3,256 km of the Network is open to traffic.

Mines
88,136 Anti-Personnel mines have been destroyed.
11,254 Anti-Tank mines have been destroyed.

WACF
12-16-2006, 08:49 PM
..more....

http://torontosun.com/News/World/2006/12/16/2823923-sun.html

Picking up the pieces
Provincial Reconstruction Team

In the middle of Ma'sum Ghar, the heartland of Taliban country - progress.

Just outside the Canadians' forward operating base, under the watchful eyes of Canadian observation posts and the cannons of Leopard tanks, reservist Sgt. Nathan Ronaldson runs his "storefront" operation for the coalition's Provincial Reconstruction Team.

He's responsible for the dusty village of Bazaar-e-Panjway. His office is the former home of a local grandee sympathetic to the Taliban; he's guarded by mud walls, razor wire and a unit of soldiers out of Valcartier, Que. His job: fix the damage done to the town by Operation Medusa, by the Taliban and by decades of poverty and neglect.

"When we set up here at the end of Medusa (in September), we met with the district representative and the local police chief. The first thing they asked for was for us to give them their school back," said Ronaldson, a former emergency room nurse at Scarborough General, serving with the 48th Highlanders.

SCHOOL UPGRADE

So he approved funding, got a local contractor to work for cost and got to work. They replaced doors and windows, added new latrines, a generator, an electric water pump and a row of taps along one side of the school, so the children could wash.

The PRT donated a computer and stationery. The school has 1,300 students now, attending classes in shifts. Life in Bazaar-e-Panjway got a little bit better - and the neighbourhood got a little bit safer for the coalition.

The purpose of Ronaldson's operation is twofold. It's about reconstruction - but it's also about expanding the bubble of safety for coalition troops, the Afghan National Army and the Afghan National Police in this dangerous region.

"We already had a pretty good reputation in Bazaar-e-Panjway because we fought alongside the ANP. And this town was never overtly pro-Taliban," said Maj. Michael Wright, A Company 2PPCLI.

The PRT operation sits outside the base itself, to encourage Afghans who wouldn't dare approach a military base directly. But the FOB keeps a close eye on Ronaldson and his work; they helped the ANA and ANP throw a cordon around the refurbished school for its grand reopening a few months back.

Almost everything the PRT does is based on the twin objectives of rebuilding the region and guaranteeing coalition security until the FOBs are turned over to Afghan forces at an undetermined date. They repaired Bazaar-e-Panjway's central mosque, which earned them credit with the locals, and they launched a campaign against litter in the downtown gutters.

"Can't tell if some bottle on the ground is a (bomb) waiting for us," said Wright. "So yeah, we're pretty serious about trash."

THINKS IT'S WORKING

"This is the first time we've tried this kind of operation. I think it's working," said Ronaldson. "We've got a good relationship with the local police chief ... every time he comes here it's hugs and kisses all around.

"The local contractor found out it was my birthday the other day, and he brought all this food here. He didn't have to do that. Sure, we're putting money into his pocket ... but he's throwing in for costs, too, because he thinks it's important to do this.

"This is important work. I really enjoy it. We're part of the neighbourhood now."

WACF
12-16-2006, 08:53 PM
This is a United Nations site on what is going on...too much to post.

Jack Layton pretty much talks out of his ass...if he read this stuff he would realize Canadians are doing exactly what the UN wants.

http://www.unama-afg.org/

Nickdfresh
12-17-2006, 02:12 PM
Other than big business executive jobs...and government can not dicate such things.
Shoot Belinda Stronach an email...she advocates for women...yet when she was head of Magna not one woman was hired on the board of directors...she is a political hyprocrite.

Harper is going to reallocate the money to places where women will directly benefit...not government wages.
If you did not read it check out the article I posted...some of it is in there.
What is wrong with that?

The military is in a sad state...you can thank ol Pierre for that.
Everything the military needs is being bought.
The NDP where furious that we did not sent transport ships and planes to Lebanon to bring back the fair weather Canadians.
Guess what....we had no ship or plane to do it...they do not exist!
We pay to have our stuff shipped around the world.

The C-17s are required for peacekeeping, Humanitrian missions(DART) and for deployments such as ISAF.
The supply ships are needed because our current ones are in rust out.
The C-130Js are needed to replace planes that are already over 30 years old...our Hercules are the oldest in the world still operating.
Men have died flying our seakings...is that right?
They need replacing.
Our fixed wing search and rescue planes need replacing...people forget the military does alot of humanitarian things.

The Lav IIIs and 155mm aritiltery were bought by the Liberals...and they have saved many Canadian, British and US lives in the last year.
I read a good ariticle how Canuks road in under direct fire to bail save British Paratroopers. Never made the Main stream news though did it.

Duceppe lies to you guys in Quebec about Afghanistan...it is a Nato mission with a UN mandate.
Harper never changed the mission...he extended it for a couple years to try and accomplish something.
You worry about women losing rights here(Will never happen) yet Canadians are giving women and girls right to education and healthcare over there...why is that bad.

I will find some info on the PRT and post it for you...they are things the news does not tell you.

BTW the Van Doo's are security for that part of the mission...you must hear some news about that you would think...are they not based out of Valcartier(spelling?).

The Canadian military has been underfunded since at least the 60's. No one politician is to blame for that.

And there's nothing wrong with flying older equipment provided it's supplemented, when not replaced, by newer stuff.

WACF
12-17-2006, 04:21 PM
The Canadian military has been underfunded since at least the 60's. No one politician is to blame for that.

And there's nothing wrong with flying older equipment provided it's supplemented, when not replaced, by newer stuff.

Actually it was Pierre Elliot Trudeau that amalgamated the forces and started to cut funding.

Crietien was his finance minister and continued the trend when he was PM.

The Canadians are the masters of using old equipment and using it well.

The replacement program is years behind and we are currently catching up.

Nickdfresh
12-17-2006, 06:50 PM
Actually it was Pierre Elliot Trudeau that amalgamated the forces and started to cut funding.

Crietien was his finance minister and continued the trend when he was PM.

The Canadians are the masters of using old equipment and using it well.

The replacement program is years behind and we are currently catching up.

True. But the amalgamation of forces was simply brilliant! I wish our Pentagon would do the same, now THAT would be real "Transformation!"

And the US Air Force and Guard also still use the C-130...that helicopter you guys had in service for so long was just a travesty though...

WACF
12-17-2006, 07:55 PM
True. But the amalgamation of forces was simply brilliant! I wish our Pentagon would do the same, now THAT would be real "Transformation!"

And the US Air Force and Guard also still use the C-130...that helicopter you guys had in service for so long was just a travesty though...

The amalgamation was good as far as there was no need for an air force and a navy air force.

The only real problem is that now the Navy, Army and Air Force all compete for funds out of the same barrel.
There was no budget set out for the different arms...that was a mistake.

Nato forced us in the late 70s into buying the Leapords that are now in Afghanistan. Our armour in Germany during the cold war up till then still consisted of WWII Cheiftens.
That was Trudeau's mark and now the legacy of the forces.
You have one hell of a time catching up.
I could go on and on about stupid mistakes...Like how we could of had M1s or Leapord IIs for practically nothing but our Libs did not bite...but we are off to a socceer game.

Our C-130s are much older than yours...plus having less ours are used alot more.
They are done...but one hell of a plane...like a I said, ours have the most hours in the world still flying.
The C-130Js are much needed...as are a few C-17s.

The SeaKings are a travesty.
They became a pawn when Cretien came into power...the Cons had ordered EH-101s...good ol Jean said we did not need them and cancelled when he came into power.

We paid a cancellation fee...and years later after a few fell into the ocean we ordered a stripped down version -the Cormorant- for more money per chopper.

The fact crewmen died because Jean played politics is a travesty in it's self.

Are your armed forces not set up the way it is so that one branch could not be successfully used in a coup attempt?
I thought I read that many years ago...and I am thinking Tom Clancy in one of his books on the different branches..

Nitro Express
12-18-2006, 01:53 PM

That's going to be the problem with the National Guard here in the US. All the trucks, humvees, and other military equipment has been sent overseas. None of it is being replaced. If a state govenor has to call on the National Guard in case of an emergency, they can't do shit with no equipment or vehicles. Maybe us citizens can loan them a two ton truck when they need it. Amazing but true.

blonddgirl777
12-18-2006, 02:09 PM
What they are doing is against the law...that is also up to your provincial governemnt to intervene as it would go against provincal labour law...

I know it is...
But if you think that everything is done "by the book" all the time and that the law gets applied everywhere???
NO!

There is a difference between theory and reallity of everyday life.

And I know for a fact, that it's not only in this province... Ontario, Alberta and B.C. have women complaining about that same problem as well...

But my point with Harper, is mostly; how are we going to fight that, and apply those laws if he cuts all the funds to work with?

It's clear that those issues are not important for him! :mad:

blonddgirl777
12-18-2006, 02:14 PM

Crietien was his finance minister and continued the trend when he was PM...

And to that, I say; "Nothing But Yeah"!

I mean, Canada doesn't (or didn't, until NOW) have the reputation of "being at war". We where known as being a peaceful country.

So I'm no millitary expert (far from it) but why would we need all that attire?

As long as the lives of our "peacekeepers" are not at risk for using old stuff over there... I say "no new toys"!

WACF
12-18-2006, 02:19 PM
I know it is...
But if you think that everything is done "by the book" all the time and that the law gets applied everywhere???
NO!

There is a difference between theory and reallity.

And I know that it's not only in this province... Ontario, Alberta and B.C. have women complaining about that same problem as well...

But my point with Harper, is mostly; how are we going to fight that, and apply those laws if he cuts all the funds to work with?

It's clear that those issues are not important for him! :mad:

Obviously it was not important with the Liberals either.
If it is that bad in Quebec you guys need to lobby your premier.

The Conservative stance is that it is law...it is also a provincal issue to enforce.
Status Of Women is a lobby group they do not fund any court battle, that is not and never was their job.
I would not hang Harper...I would make your provincal minister of labour answer to it.

I read alot of stuff that talks about inequity but you know whenever the reporter is called out they never have solid facts.
To a large degree it is sensationalism...the left love to divide and conquer.

The truth is there were HUGE issues in the past...and that was taken care of.

Like I said earlier...question Miss Stronach about her stance now and why she never walked the walk when she headed Magna corp.

WACF
12-18-2006, 02:26 PM
And to that, I say; "Nothing But Yeah"!

As long as the lives of our "peacekeepers" are not at risk for using old stuff over there... I say "no new toys"!

You just missed the mark...

Our peacekeepers are a myth...an excuse to cut funding.

You send soldiers in to make peace or keep peace...you do not send policemen.

We started peacekeeping in the 50's....and we could put a force anywhere in the world and sustain it...we had everything we are now getting.
That was effective peacekeeping.

We lost "Peacekeepers" in the the former Yugoslovia due to inadequite equipment.

Did you know our peacekeepers fought a battle in '92 at Medak Pocket?
The Liberals lied to us about it because peacekeepers do not kill...LOL

Do a google on Medak Pocket and PPCLI.

You seem to dismiss the links I posted...we are in a UN mandated mission.

blonddgirl777
12-18-2006, 02:46 PM
You just missed the mark...

Our peacekeepers are a myth...an excuse to cut funding.

You send soldiers in to make peace or keep peace...you do not send policemen.

We started peacekeeping in the 50's....and we could put a force anywhere in the world and sustain it...we had everything we are now getting.
That was effective peacekeeping.

We lost "Peacekeepers" in the the former Yugoslovia due to inadequite equipment.

Did you know our peacekeepers fought a battle in '92 at Medak Pocket?
The Liberals lied to us about it because peacekeepers do not kill...LOL

Do a google on Medak Pocket and PPCLI.

You seem to dismiss the links I posted...we are in a UN mandated mission.

Yes, I dismiss a lot of things... and millitary is definitely one of them...

I know...
I should pay more interest in it but I get bored and just see it as un-necessary.
I think; NO WAR (nor helping neighbors) so no money into "that kinda stuff"...

And I don't bargain on that theory!

blonddgirl777
12-18-2006, 02:52 PM
Ho, and about Pierre E. TYrudeau...

I certainly don't agree with everything he did...
That overloaded and sometimes abusive "Chart of Rights and Liberties" of his, needs to be reviewed and I have a feeling Harper could be someone to do it!

I hope he does...

Angel
12-18-2006, 03:03 PM
Ummm. BG.

In military circles, we're known as being ruthless fighters.

blonddgirl777
12-18-2006, 03:11 PM
Ummm. BG.

In military circles, we're known as being ruthless fighters.

Pardon my (voluntary) ignorance on that!
I chose that my thoughts stay "innocent" on that issue...

I really thought that one of the reasons we where a nation that everybody likes in the whole world was because of our "peaceful" actions and "mind our own business" attitude!

My California liberal friends have always told me that they would rather live here because we don't go and attack everyone for money etc...
AND I BELEIVED THEM! (How silly) And I was proud of that!... :o

Let me climb back up on cloud 9, before I shoot myself!!!
L.O.L.

blonddgirl777
12-18-2006, 03:17 PM
If this was the 60's, I'd be walking bearfeet, with flowers in my hair, and flipping a peace sign every now and then...

I would try to convince those guys not to enroll and stay home (and alive) so their Mamas won't cry, while a nation doesn't eaven wellcome them back as they diserve (IF they ever come back)...

Everytime I saw those poor Vietnam vets. on the streets of S-F (one leg, no teeth, drunk on the ground etc...)
I would think "Fuck this Shit"! :mad:

Angel
12-18-2006, 04:55 PM
Pardon my (voluntary) ignorance on that!
I chose that my thoughts stay "innocent" on that issue...

I really thought that one of the reasons we where a nation that everybody likes in the whole world was because of our "peaceful" actions and "mind our own business" attitude!

That's still true, BG. We're not warmongers, and we only go where we are asked to. In WWII is where we got the "ruthless" titles... the Germans would crap their pants when they knew they were facing "johnny Canuck".

When an ally asks for help though, I'm sure we can still be pretty darned ruthless. I used to know a lot of PPCLI's and they're an incredible fighting machine!

Even peacekeepers are in war zones....

Angel
12-18-2006, 04:57 PM
If this was the 60's, I'd be walking bearfeet, with flowers in my hair, and flipping a peace sign every now and then...

I would try to convince those guys not to enroll and stay home (and alive) so their Mamas won't cry, while a nation doesn't eaven wellcome them back as they diserve (IF they ever come back)...

Everytime I saw those poor Vietnam vets. on the streets of S-F (one leg, no teeth, drunk on the ground etc...)
I would think "Fuck this Shit"! :mad:

They never should have gone to Vietnam... notice we said no to joining them then, too...

Do you think "Fuck this shit" when you see our own native Canadians in the same state on our streets? Most of them are there because of the old residential school policies....

WACF
12-18-2006, 05:23 PM
Ho, and about Pierre E. TYrudeau...

I certainly don't agree with everything he did...
That overloaded and sometimes abusive "Chart of Rights and Liberties" of his, needs to be reviewed and I have a feeling Harper could be someone to do it!

I hope he does...

This we can agree on.

Harper could be someone to pull it off but...with the way things are all you would hear from the left is Neocon and Far Right agenda....

......and the masses of people that get their news from the Main stream media will be shakingin there boots.

WACF
12-18-2006, 05:25 PM
That's still true, BG. We're not warmongers, and we only go where we are asked to. In WWII is where we got the "ruthless" titles... the Germans would crap their pants when they knew they were facing "johnny Canuck".

When an ally asks for help though, I'm sure we can still be pretty darned ruthless. I used to know a lot of PPCLI's and they're an incredible fighting machine!

Even peacekeepers are in war zones....

Well put.

Happy Birthday Angel!!

Have a good one.

Angel
12-18-2006, 05:56 PM
Thanks, sweetie.

My first SK Birthday.... ;)

blonddgirl777
12-18-2006, 06:50 PM
... In WWII is where we got the "ruthless" titles... the Germans would crap their pants when they knew they were facing "johnny Canuck"....

That one, I can aprove of... someone HAD TO stop that insanity and I'm proud we could help!

blonddgirl777
12-18-2006, 06:52 PM
... old residential school policies....

I don't understand what you mean there?
But I say "Fuck this shit" to any reason that would lower a human being to living on the streets (any streets)...

WACF
12-18-2006, 07:26 PM
That one, I can aprove of... someone HAD TO stop that insanity and I'm proud we could help!

How do you pick and choose?

Quebec wanted no part of WWII...the Socialist parties in the west were dead against it too.

I see where you are comming from though on your views...I just do not agree...and I mean no disrespect to you on that.

blonddgirl777
12-18-2006, 07:32 PM
How do you pick and choose?

Quebec wanted no part of WWII...the Socialist parties in the west were dead against it too.

I see where you are comming from though on your views...I just do not agree...and I mean no disrespect to you on that.

I am comparing the motives of WW2 with the ones of Vietnam, the Gulf and this one (the ones we mostly hear about)...
Really... this present war is all about money and power, not stoping an invader!

And B.T.W., Quebecers have participated in a big amount in WW2... don't you know that?

And no... I never feel disrespected when someone doesn't agree with me (otherwise, I wouldn't have that many friends)! ;)

Nickdfresh
12-18-2006, 10:57 PM
Are your armed forces not set up the way it is so that one branch could not be successfully used in a coup attempt?
I thought I read that many years ago...and I am thinking Tom Clancy in one of his books on the different branches..

I've never heard this, though it could be. I've assumed that the military just evolved this way.

I know that the late, retired US Army Colonel David Hackworth (the guy that Deniro's classic colonial in "Apocalypse Now" was loosely based on) advocated the combining of the different branches of the US military into one command. His criticisms of the officer corp as "ticket punchers" led to his forced resignation after Vietnam...

blonddgirl777
12-19-2006, 01:40 PM
... Quebec wanted no part of WWII...the Socialist parties in the west were dead against it too...

So...
I searched that on the net. but couldn't find a precise answer to your post.

I asked my cousin (a millitary who knows "everything" about Canada's participation in WWII) and he wrote me this;

There was over 90.000 FRENCH Quebecers soldiers than went to Europe and this amount is only counting the units that where 100% french;
"Fusiliers Mont-Royal", "Régiment de la Chaudière" and "Le Royal 22e Régiment" who remarkably faught with great honor... apparently, those regiments where the best Canadian ones, in that war.

Also, other Quebecers joined the English Canadians (I don't have the numbers).

As far as wanting no part in it, it's mostly that Quebecers didn't want to do it just about anyhow... and with the English.
I guess it served them well!

Socialists or not, every Quebecer was (and still is) against facism!

Nitro Express
12-20-2006, 04:11 AM
The United States wanted no part of World War II. We were isolationist then and wanted to stay out of other people's business. Now we shove our nose in everybodies ass.

Nitro Express
12-20-2006, 04:20 AM
I am comparing the motives of WW2 with the ones of Vietnam, the Gulf and this one (the ones we mostly hear about)...
Really... this present war is all about money and power, not stoping an invader!

And B.T.W., Quebecers have participated in a big amount in WW2... don't you know that?

And no... I never feel disrespected when someone doesn't agree with me (otherwise, I wouldn't have that many friends)! ;)

It was using a horrible tradgedy and using America's grief and anger as an excuse to invade another country, rid a dictator, put in a puppet govt. and make major oil deals.

What was overlooked was the historical, religiouse, and demographic issues of the area.

I always thought the best strategy was to shore up security at home and put together a top notch intelligence organization tottaly focused on getting the terrorists in the long-run. Invading countries with a huge military was not the way to go here. Dropping key people with assassins is much less damaging and less expensive.

blonddgirl777
12-20-2006, 06:48 AM
The United States wanted no part of World War II. We were isolationist then and wanted to stay out of other people's business. Now we shove our nose in everybodies ass.

There where no money/power interest in helping to get rid of an invader...
That's why!

blonddgirl777
12-20-2006, 06:53 AM
... I always thought the best strategy was to shore up security at home and put together a top notch intelligence organization tottaly focused on getting the terrorists in the long-run. Invading countries with a huge military was not the way to go here. Dropping key people with assassins is much less damaging and less expensive.

Sorry but...

I think that the very best strategy would be to actually stop shoving "your" nose into everyone's ass...

There was a thread here, not long ago that titled: "Why people hate Americans?"...
Well... that would be the major reason!

No offense Nitro!

Nitro Express
12-20-2006, 02:41 PM
Sorry but...

I think that the very best strategy would be to actually stop shoving "your" nose into everyone's ass...

There was a thread here, not long ago that titled: "Why people hate Americans?"...
Well... that would be the major reason!

No offense Nitro!

Superpowers meddle. The British did in their time, the French did in theirs. After WWII it was our turn I guess. That still doesn't give anyone the right to attack our country in a visciouse manner like what happened in 9/11. We certainly weren't going to blow that off are we? The problem is corrupt politicians take advantage of such things.

You have to remember the World Trade Center was attacked in the 1990's with a bomb so huge it blew away 9 stories of parking garage. We did nothing on that one other than send some cruise missles into Sudan. We got thanked for not doing anything on 9/11.

You have to remember a few people make the big decisions and our politicians in power abused the situation. If you don't like the US you might not have to worry. Very powerful people who your priminister, Bush, and Fox in Mexico puppet for want to make Canada, the US, and Mexico one country so they can reap the economic bennefits.

They know the US dollar is going to fail because the Euro is becoming the world trade standard currency. Less people are buying dollars on the world market and are buying the Euro. Our Federal Reserve can do two things. Raise interest rates which will kill the housing industry and take the dollar and stock market with it. Or the Fed can lower rates and screw the dollar and the stock market. There is no way to fix the problem.

Ever heard of the Amero? Once the dollar goes to shit, Bush already has plans to replace the dollar with the Amero which will be accepted in Canada, the US, and Mexico. Once this currency is in place the continuation of disolving our borders and govts will begin.

That's the big plan.

The whole thing in Iraq is a blip. There's much bigger things at stake. Iraq will probably cost us $1 Trillion by the time we get out of there. Big deal, the US adds $1 Trillion to it's defficite every $14 months.

As for people dying. In war people are pretty expendable in the big picture of things. More people die because of drunk driving each year. Like it or not, in the big scheme of things, we are just identification numbers in a database. Once you get past your circle of friends and familly, nobody cares about you. It's true, there's a fake, "Oh we're sorry and then, we want our money!" LOL!

In short the US is broke. Bush says our defficite is $3 billion but he's not counting the liabilities like fed employee pensions, Social Security, Medicade, Medicare. Add those in and we have almost $4 Trillion of debt. They can tax us 100% taxes and not dig out of that hole.

The United States is broke and the rest of the world hates us so they are running to the Euro. OPEC won't even take dollars anymore, you have to buy your oil in Euros.

So what's the fix? The US hitting the skids pulls Mexico and Canada down with us because we are huge trading partners. Put all three of us on the Amero. Get rid of the dollar, the Can dollar, and the peso.

That's the plan as dumb as it is.

WACF
12-20-2006, 02:50 PM
So...
I searched that on the net. but couldn't find a precise answer to your post.

I asked my cousin (a millitary who knows "everything" about Canada's participation in WWII) and he wrote me this;

There was over 90.000 FRENCH Quebecers soldiers than went to Europe and this amount is only counting the units that where 100% french;
"Fusiliers Mont-Royal", "Régiment de la Chaudière" and "Le Royal 22e Régiment" who remarkably faught with great honor... apparently, those regiments where the best Canadian ones, in that war.

Also, other Quebecers joined the English Canadians (I don't have the numbers).

As far as wanting no part in it, it's mostly that Quebecers didn't want to do it just about anyhow... and with the English.
I guess it served them well!

Socialists or not, every Quebecer was (and still is) against facism!

Hello again...back from a set of nasty night shifts!

Yes, military units based in Quebec fought...they were Canadian units...it would of been treason not too.
I would never question the integrity of a soldier from Quebec...he is serving his country...whether it be in the past or the present. For the most part we had a volunteer army...the men in the forces wanted to be there.

You are going to make me break my brain trying to remember this stuff LOL...I have been out of high school for 20 years. My high school history teacher loved this stuff.

The situation was we were still part of the Commonwealth...we had our own army, navy, airforce but we were still for the most part lumped in with the British.
The political folk in Quebec wanted no part of Britain's war...and were very loud about it.

Quebec wanting to seperate was just as alive back then as it is now.

The boy is crying...must go.

How is your's comming along?
Many more months to wait?

Nitro Express
12-20-2006, 02:53 PM
Bush has started an international arms race. The US is a broke country with a huge military with nobody powerful enough to counter check it. The last asshole with a broke country and a big military machine was Adolf Hitler. If the Europeans are a little uneasy I don't blame them. People don't trust us and to be frank, I don't know if I trust us.

the lying and the invasion of Iraq has every country in the region wanting to go nuclear. Muslims with nukes, how nice. Europe is going "Oh fuck, here we go again!" Russia no longer trusts us.

China is playing us like a fool, stealing our industry and technology why we lose expertise in both here at home. China is awash in money investing it in infastructure as fast as they can. Meanwhile, China's military becomes more and more powerful each year.

The average Chinese person does not want war but their generals sure do. Generals hate peace because it errodes the need for them.

One of those hotheads is going to start something with Taiwan.

blonddgirl777
12-20-2006, 02:56 PM
... That's the plan as dumb as it is.

Then, I sure hope that the great people of America have for a plan, to vote differently, next time! :o

As for one currency for the American continent, I wouldn't say that it would be bad...
I don't know?
The Europeans merchands really appreciate the Euro!
But since Bush hasn't accomplished anything good so far, I wouldn't count on that "Amero" thing...

blonddgirl777
12-20-2006, 03:01 PM
... Quebec wanting to seperate was just as alive back then as it is now...

Ho, it was probably a lot more alive then, than it is now...
THANK GOD!

The hard core separatists are re-considering, elderlies are scared, immigrants want to stay within Canada
(re; Trudeau's chart)...
At the next referendum (such a waiste of time and money)... the answer will be "NO" again!

blonddgirl777
12-20-2006, 03:05 PM
... The boy is crying...must go.

How is your's comming along?
Many more months to wait?

This little cherub is due Feb. 14th. :D
And so far... he's doing great... :baaa:

THANKS!

Nitro Express
12-20-2006, 04:15 PM
Then, I sure hope that the great people of America have for a plan, to vote differently, next time! :o

As for one currency for the American continent, I wouldn't say that it would be bad...
I don't know?
The Europeans merchands really appreciate the Euro!
But since Bush hasn't accomplished anything good so far, I wouldn't count on that "Amero" thing...

NAFTA and the Amero might work if we traded amongst ourselves and kept industry here, but we don't. We trade with China or may I say we buy from China and run a huge trade deficite in the process. What good is a free trade zone when you buy outside of it?

Now if I trade you some Wyoming bison steaks or Wyoming oil for some Bombardier snowmobiles or some Godin guitars and we can do that duty free on the same exchange rate, we have something. But if we buy relabeled Chinese junk what's the point? A few people make enormouse money importing Chinese junk, slapping a brandname on it and charging a Made in Canada or Made in USA price. Look at the fashion industry.

If we make those things here, everone bennefits but the fat cats don't make as much money.

Bushco is all about the fat cats making all the money and screwing the rest of us.

If you look at the last election there is hope. I'll never forget a smug Dick Chenney in an interview he was comfident the Republicans would keep the majority in congress. Dick was betting on the religiouse right voting the party line in places like Montana and his powerful big oil backers dropped the oil price and rallied the stock market to get more votes. That didn't even work.

Oh well, I cashed in and have a good Christmas due to Mr. Chenny's stock market manipulation.

So there is hope. But that monkey of a president we have is still trying to do it his way. He wants more troops. He wants a big push. The generals are retiring to get away from this dickhead. The military is saying our equipment is busted up and worn out. Maybe the Chinese will sell us some equipment since we sent all our manufacturing there.

Nitro Express
12-20-2006, 04:19 PM
What's funny is I have a friend who just returned from Iraq. Spent 1.5 years there. His primary weapon (M-16-A3) was made in Belgium. The ammo he was using was made by IMI in Israel. His uniforn and boots were made in China. He said the Gerber multitool they issued him were made in the USA. Oh goody, we still make pocket knives! Oh his body armor was made in the USA. Probably by illegal immigrants in Florida. LOL!