PDA

View Full Version : Chip-wrecked!!

FORD
12-01-2006, 09:54 PM
Chip-Wrecked! Thousands Of Bags Of Doritos Wash Ashore In Outer Banks

http://media.hamptonroads.com/media/content/pilotonline/2006/11/doritospill1.jpg

http://media.hamptonroads.com/media/content/pilotonline/2006/11/doritospill2.jpg

http://media.hamptonroads.com/media/content/pilotonline/2006/11/doritospill3.jpg

Nov 30, 2006 08:44 PM

Hatteras Island is famous for its shipwrecks. But Thursday locals experienced their first ever "chip-wreck".

A cargo container loaded with thousands of bags of Doritos Tortilla Chips washed ashore on the beach near Frisco and broke open.

The container apparently fell off a ship. The chips scattered for about a half a mile, and some even floated as far north as the Bonner bridge.

Arley Spake photographed the broken container. Spake works for Frito-Lay, the company that makes Doritos. His wife Janice joined him at water's edge.

"It was really weird," said Spake. (Arley) was taking pictures for Frito-Lay, we still don't know what happened. Lots of Doritos, lots of people putting them in garbage bags."

Many of the chips were sealed and still edible. Dozens of people were seen gathering the chips and taking them off the beach. Jessica Maxfield, who is doing an internship with the National Park Service, grabbed a couple of bags.

"I was doing a bird survey. The gulls love the Doritos."

The National Park Service does not like the Doritos, however; the beach is protected. The container is now at the National Park Service maintenance area.

As for the accident, it's still unclear which ship lost the cargo or to which port it was being shipped.

Tiki-Tom
12-01-2006, 10:03 PM
Me, Sparkie, and Sparkie Jr. go there quite often. Perfect place for that to happen. Huge surfer population. I'm sure this will take care of the munchies for quite awhilehttp://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/cool/cool0044.gif

blonddgirl777
12-01-2006, 11:43 PM
Doritos (Zesty Cheese flavored) is my ultimate comfort food...
I can just imagine walking on that beach and seing all those!
It would be like a mirage in the desert!!! :p

Mr. Vengeance
12-02-2006, 04:04 PM
Doritos suck.

Give me Fritos anyday.

blonddgirl777
12-02-2006, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
Give me Fritos anyday.

Yessss... :D We used to have those (Bar-B-Q flavored) but not anymore... :(
Now they only come in "nature" or "no" flavor, wich sucks! :mad:

blonddgirl777
12-02-2006, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
Doritos suck....

Did you try the "Zesty/Mordant" flavor???

Mr. Vengeance
12-03-2006, 12:58 PM
No...I don't like cheese flavoured snacks.

FORD
12-03-2006, 01:37 PM
Frito Lay goes all weird with their flavors up in Canada.....

Ketchup flavored potato chips??

Dill pickle Doritos??

BBQ Doritos??

The Zesty Cheese don't sound like it would be too bad, but we don't get that one either.

In fact, Cool Ranch and the original Nacho Cheese seem to be the only Doritos that exist on both sides of the border.

LoungeMachine
12-03-2006, 01:45 PM
Saddam must be pissed as hell over this.....

First the whole "death by hanging" thing, and now this......

FORD
12-03-2006, 01:48 PM
And the Aussies have yet a whole third set of flavors.

I also see that Doritos has an Irish domain, but there's no site yet. Can't wait to see what kind of flavors they have...

"Cheese & Guinness"?

"Corned Beef & Cabbage"

blonddgirl777
12-03-2006, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by FORD
... Ketchup flavored potato chips??

Dill pickle Doritos??...

Ketchup chips are disgusting (to me) but Dill Pickle ones are good!

blonddgirl777
12-03-2006, 08:28 PM
... BBQ Doritos??...

They used to have "Mesquite B.B.Q." in Calif...

blonddgirl777
12-03-2006, 08:30 PM
... "Cheese & Guinness"?

"Corned Beef & Cabbage"

Everywhere I go, I have to try their Doritos...
Lately in Belgium, I had "Pizza" and "Bologna Sausage" flavored ones... NOT good at all!!! :(

Nitro Express
12-07-2006, 05:24 AM
I used to work for Pepsico who ownes Frito-Lay and I could get all the free Doritos I wanted. I actually got sick of them and other chips. I hardly eat any now.

Nitro Express
12-07-2006, 05:27 AM
I don't like commercial chips because they are so loaded with chemicals and preservatives. I have bad allergic reactions to such things.

We make our own tortias (learned how from a Mexican friend of ours) and we cut those up and deep fry them and make our own Texas styled nachos!

blonddgirl777
12-07-2006, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
I used to work for Pepsico who ownes Frito-Lay and I could get all the free Doritos I wanted...

:eek: I would have marry you!!!
But then you would have divorce me, 'cause I'd have been 200 lbs. within a year! :(
L.O.L.

blonddgirl777
12-07-2006, 06:44 AM
... We make our own tortias (learned how from a Mexican friend of ours) and we cut those up and deep fry them and make our own Texas styled nachos!

Can I visit?
(I'll be quiet)... :D

blonddgirl777
12-07-2006, 06:48 AM
... I actually got sick of them and other chips. I hardly eat any now.

My first job as a student was at a "Dunkin' Donuts"... soon enough, I got totally grossed out by the smell of sugary fat dough and 25 years later... I still am! :uck: