PDA

View Full Version : Jeb Bush is a leader?

Steve Savicki
12-05-2006, 03:44 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/12/05/politics/main2228180.shtml

Former President George H.W. Bush broke down in tears as he cited his son, Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, as an example of leadership.

Mr. Bush was addressing lawmakers, his son Gov. Jeb Bush's top administrators, and Florida state workers gathered in the House chamber for the last of the governor's leadership forums.

He said he was proud of how his son handled losing the 1994 governor's race to popular incumbent Democrat Lawton Chiles, and vaguely referred to dirty tricks in the campaign.

"He didn't whine about it. He didn't complain," the former president said before choking up. As he tried to continue, he let out a sob and put a handkerchief to his face. When he spoke again, his words were broken up by pauses as he tried to regain composure.

"A true measure of a man is how you handle victory and how you handle defeat, so in '94 Floridians chose to rehire the governor. They took note of his worthy opponent, who showed with not only words but with actions what decency he had," Bush said before again sobbing.

After his defeat, Jeb Bush formed a group called Foundation for Florida's Future which promoted education policy. He also helped open a charter school in a poor Miami neighborhood, helped the state Republican Party organize a convention and straw poll to have sway in the 1996 presidential election and lobbied for education and campaign finance reform bills. Bush won the first of his two terms in 1998.

"The moral of the story is to serve with honor and your governor has served with honor," the former president said.

"I'm the emotional one," Mr. Bush said later. "I don't enjoy breaking up, but when you talk about somebody you love, when you get older, you do it more."

He also talked about his recent friendship with former President Clinton. He recalled a political cartoon showing his son, the president, opposing gay marriage and then walking into a room and finding his father on a sofa with Clinton's arm around him, prompting him to shout, "Dad! What are you doing?"

Mr. Clinton, said the elder Bush, got a chuckle out of that one.

"(Clinton) cut it out of the paper and said, 'Don't you think we ought to cool it, George?"'

The former president also answered questions. When asked about the vision for his grandchildren, he said neither he nor his wife are pushing them toward politics or running for public office.

"But I hope that they will, I hope quite a few of them will," he said before pausing and joking about the current President Bush's daughters. "I'm not sure I'd count on the twins doing this - Jenna and Barbara - but they're full of life and they might."

<center>Is this a desparate attempt for the Repubs to try and accomplish something?</center>

Dr. Love
12-05-2006, 03:50 PM
You're reeeeeeeaaaaaaally reaching there, Steve.

FORD
12-05-2006, 04:24 PM
You think Poppy really broke down and cried because in his efforts to call Jebbie a "leader", he realized what a collosal failure his other son was?

Guitar Shark
12-05-2006, 04:46 PM
Kind of funny how one can be the leader of the free world, and yet be a "colossal failure" in FORD's book.

Maybe if you'd said "colossal idiot," I'd agree... ;)

knuckleboner
12-05-2006, 04:53 PM
you sure he wasn't talking about neal bush, GS?...;)

DrMaddVibe
12-05-2006, 05:24 PM
I don't know about all the shit you guys are posting, but as a resident of Florida...He did a fine job as governor. Not as good as Bob Graham, but he had our interests as taxpaying citizens in mind.

frod, why don't you post crap about Dems like Graham? There's a Presidential candidate I'd switch party lines to vote for...I already did twice!

Steve Savicki
12-05-2006, 05:29 PM
Hey, I'm not all on the up and up, Vibe, so tell me, what did Jeb do to enhance Florida?

Dr. Love
12-05-2006, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
I don't know about all the shit you guys are posting, but as a resident of Florida...He did a fine job as governor. Not as good as Bob Graham, but he had our interests as taxpaying citizens in mind.

frod, why don't you post crap about Dems like Graham? There's a Presidential candidate I'd switch party lines to vote for...I already did twice!

I think his definition of 'Democrat' is someone Republicans, and you (if you aren't one) would not vote for.

DrMaddVibe
12-05-2006, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
I think his definition of 'Democrat' is someone Republicans, and you (if you aren't one) would not vote for.

Need a little more info...please elaborate

Terry
12-05-2006, 06:00 PM
I'll tell you what, there are a LOT of Floridians who wouldn't piss on GW if he was on fire, but they don't have the same feelings for Jebby. Myself, I don't think the did anything particularly stunning as Gov., but he wasn't half the disaster as Gov that his brother is in the White House.

All that aside, Jeb shouldn't bother in 2008 for Prez. This country has Bush fatigue.

Dr. Love
12-05-2006, 06:00 PM
That was a joke. I'm sick, my game is off. :(

Nickdfresh
12-05-2006, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Kind of funny how one can be the leader of the free world, and yet be a "colossal failure" in FORD's book.

Maybe if you'd said "colossal idiot," I'd agree... ;)

Well, if he's supposed to lead the free world into a pile of shiite, then Bush is just fooking gang-busters!!

ODShowtime
12-05-2006, 09:36 PM
jeb's not incompetent at least

Steve Savicki
12-05-2006, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by FORD
You think Poppy really broke down and cried because in his efforts to call Jebbie a "leader", he realized what a collosal failure his other son was?
Or Poppy is hiding sad tears behind a mask of a mock congrats.

FORD
12-05-2006, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe

Well, now that you mention it, I do have a few questions about Bob Graham's choice of breakfast companions on a certain Tuesday morning in September 2001. Seems he and Porter Goss (lifelong BCE/CIA hack) were meeting with the head of Pakistan's ISI (CIA franchise operation) as the very events happenned. And this Pakistani spook, Mahmoud Ahmad, turned out to be the guy who wired $100,000 to Mohammad Atta shortly before the attacks.

Now that's not quite as incriminating as, say..... Poppy having a champagne breakfast with Osama Bin Laden's brother at a Carlyle Group board meeting, but you gotta admit it's one Hell of a bizarre coincidence.

Hardrock69
12-05-2006, 11:47 PM
Does not suprise me at all.

Pooor fucking poppy.....

Fucking asshole.

Maybe Jeb is not so bad, but at least I am sure he knows how to read, and clean up after himself (unlike the monkey).

EAT MY ASSHOLE
12-06-2006, 11:00 AM
Look. Listen. JEB IS A BUSH. You know what that means? QUALITY. FRESHNESS. CHEWY CARAMELY GOODNESS. In Fla, there's no income tax. In Fla, there's sunshine. In Fla, there's DISNEYWORLD. And who 's the leader of Fla? JEB BUSH. QUALITY> FrESHNESS. CHEWY CARAMELY GOODNESS.

Hey, you know what? Screw Macaca, I've gone and chose myslef a new running mate.

EAT MY ASSHOLE/JEB '08!!!

Because America loves caramely goodness.