PDA

View Full Version : Barack "Big Ears" Osama is a little insecure

BigBadBrian
12-16-2006, 10:05 AM
BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Here we go with Barack Obama. As you know, he was up in New Hampshire -- do you know, by the way, TV ads for Barack Obama are going to start airing this weekend? Presidential ads for Barack Obama in New Hampshire start airing this weekend. Hillary, I think, is starting to get panicked because she's called up all of Bubba's old buddies, Carville and Begala and Joe Lockhart, she had them over to dinner to discuss what to do about this. Her team wasn't there. They're all one team, of course, but publicly Carville and Begala have said, (paraphrasing) "Well, we'll help, but we're not officially on the team." That allows them to have more movement and latitude under the radar. Anyway, Obama up in New Hampshire being treated like a god making a speech. Now, apparently before he made the speech, Maureen Dowd had written something about his big ears. Obama, after the speech, made a beeline for Maureen Dowd who was in the audience to tell her that he didn't appreciate her writing about his big ears. Now, there's a lot of noise here and it's very muddy. I'll translate it for you, but here's how it sounded.

OBAMA (off mic): You talked about my ears, and I just want to put you on notice: I'm very sensitive about -- What I told them was, ''I was teased relentlessly when I was a kid about my big ears.'"

DOWD (purring): We're trying to toughen you up

RUSH: "We're just trying to toughen you up." Here is what Barack Obama said."You talked about my ears, and I just want to put you on notice: I'm very sensitive about -- What at I told them was, 'I was teased relentlessly when I was a kid about my big ears.'" Now, there are many aspects of this, folks, that we need to delve into and explore. For one thing, I mean you know me, if the guy's sensitive about his big ears, we need to give him a new name, like Dumbo. But that doesn't quite get it. How about Barack Obama Hussein Odumbo. Well, if he's sensitive -- stop to think about this. This is a man being lauded as the savior of the country, a presidential candidate ready to be anointed, and he can't handle being teased about his big ears? He goes out to Maureen Dowd and says, I am putting you on notice? Is that a threat? I want to put you on notice?

Can you imagine, like I said yesterday, let's say something about me -- I'm very sensitive about whatever it is, X, and the papers write about it and make fun of it. Can you imagine if I sought out Maureen Dowd or anybody and said, "You know, I'm going to put you on notice. I've been teased about that ever since I was a kid, and I don't like it." That would be the whole column the next day about how thin-skinned I am, how I can't take it, this and that, and I am a complainer and a whiner and I was trying to influence objective journalists and so forth. But instead, Mo Do says, "We're just trying to toughen you up." But this is revealing at a lot of levels. It is an overt threat to go out and say, "I'm putting you on notice." I wonder what would happen if McCain did that. McCain, "You don't say that about me! I'm putting you on notice, you hear, sister, you hear?"

Can you imagine what the reaction would be if any Republican went up or any conservative went up to a member of the media and said, "I'm putting you on notice right now." How bullied can the Drive-By Media be by this candidates? Of course, Hillary has her testicle lockbox, and it works. She gets kid-glove treatment, softball questions wherever she goes. We've already attributed this to the testicle lockbox that she has. But here's the next thing, and this is something that everybody seems to be deaf about. He seems fragile. This guy actually seems fragile. He is expecting not to be teased about -- what are the editorial cartoonists going to do with this now? (interruption) Oh some of them will, Mr. Snerdley, some of them will. You know, you were wrong yesterday, and you're going to be wrong today. I bet you yesterday that this Tehran "Holocaust didn't happen" convention would blossom and leave Iran -- and it has -- people seriously debating this now in little oddball corners of the world.

I've already seen editorial cartoons, maybe on conservative websites that are parodying -- that's what editorial cartoonists do, they exaggerate the slightest physical characteristic. But, at any rate, how fragile can he be? He has been given uncritical -- not only uncritical, but fawning positive press coverage for a couple of years now, then one liberal columnist quips about his ears, his ears, and he's fretting about it, and he can't wait to go put her on notice and tell her he doesn't like it because he's been made fun of about it ever since he was a kid. If he's so sensitive about his ears, imagine how his tent will fold when he gets deep into a campaign. Wait 'til Hillary pulls out the testicle lockbox for him in the middle of a campaign, wait 'til Hillary Clinton really gets down and dirty and the guns start blazing, what's this guy going to do? We may have discovered an Achilles' heel. He's not tough enough for this.

I mean, really, I'm not overestimating this, nor am I exaggerating this. I mean, to go out there and say, "I was teased relentlessly when I was a kid about my big ears, I'm very sensitive about it." "We're just trying to toughen you up." That alone means that they know he needs toughening up and that they're going to try to help him along with it. There's a lot to learn in this one little episode. And nobody but us, nobody but me is playing this audio for the very reasons that you and I have discussed. Plus it's tough to hear because it's so muddled.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

During the break Snerdley continued to argue with me that editorial cartoonists nor anybody else will make fun of Obama over his long-held sensitivity since childhood over his Dumbo-type ears, his elephant ears. Snerdley says, "You don't understand how this is going to play out. His whole method here is to portray himself as just an average guy, and when he goes out there and actually admits that he's sensitive and he was made fun of as a child, well, everybody can relate to that." Yes, but that's not how you deal with crisis. You don't deal with adversity by basically, (crying) "You hurt my feelings! Stop it." You know, you can be Oprah Winfrey and you can be a star on the Oprah show, but you cannot be elected president with that kind of behavior.

Barack Hussein Odumbo, by the way, did not go public with this ear sensitivity thing. He sought MoDo out in the audience, and nobody aired that. Well, I guess it was on C-SPAN, but nobody's picked it up from C-SPAN except, of course, I. He didn't know the microphone was still on when this happened. He thought he was in a private moment with her. So he hasn't gone out there and tried to build this bridge, this bond of relatability with average schlubs. Do you think that's going to play well at union headquarters? I mean, how many of those guys out there are worrying about things they were made fun of? They just smash people that made fun of them. They just get rid of them. Jimmy Hoffa, concrete, Giants Stadium, six feet under. (interruption) Every woman with a child what? Will relate to it? Oh, well, fine, then we stop women from voting in '06 or '08. Don't be silly in there.

END TRANSCRIPT
Link (http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_121406/content/truth_detector.guest.html)

Sarge's Little Helper
12-16-2006, 10:05 AM
BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Here we go with Barack Obama. As you know, he was up in New Hampshire -- do you know, by the way, TV ads for Barack Obama are going to start airing this weekend? Presidential ads for Barack Obama in New Hampshire start airing this weekend. Hillary, I think, is starting to get panicked because she's called up all of Bubba's old buddies, Carville and Begala and Joe Lockhart, she had them over to dinner to discuss what to do about this. Her team wasn't there. They're all one team, of course, but publicly Carville and Begala have said, (paraphrasing) "Well, we'll help, but we're not officially on the team." That allows them to have more movement and latitude under the radar. Anyway, Obama up in New Hampshire being treated like a god making a speech. Now, apparently before he made the speech, Maureen Dowd had written something about his big ears. Obama, after the speech, made a beeline for Maureen Dowd who was in the audience to tell her that he didn't appreciate her writing about his big ears. Now, there's a lot of noise here and it's very muddy. I'll translate it for you, but here's how it sounded.

OBAMA (off mic): You talked about my ears, and I just want to put you on notice: I'm very sensitive about -- What I told them was, ''I was teased relentlessly when I was a kid about my big ears.'"

RUSH: "We're just trying to toughen you up." Here is what Barack Obama said."You talked about my ears, and I just want to put you on notice: I'm very sensitive about -- What at I told them was, 'I was teased relentlessly when I was a kid about my big ears.'" Now, there are many aspects of this, folks, that we need to delve into and explore. For one thing, I mean you know me, if the guy's sensitive about his big ears, we need to give him a new name, like Dumbo. But that doesn't quite get it. How about Barack Obama Hussein Odumbo. Well, if he's sensitive -- stop to think about this. This is a man being lauded as the savior of the country, a presidential candidate ready to be anointed, and he can't handle being teased about his big ears? He goes out to Maureen Dowd and says, I am putting you on notice? Is that a threat? I want to put you on notice?

Can you imagine, like I said yesterday, let's say something about me -- I'm very sensitive about whatever it is, X, and the papers write about it and make fun of it. Can you imagine if I sought out Maureen Dowd or anybody and said, "You know, I'm going to put you on notice. I've been teased about that ever since I was a kid, and I don't like it." That would be the whole column the next day about how thin-skinned I am, how I can't take it, this and that, and I am a complainer and a whiner and I was trying to influence objective journalists and so forth. But instead, Mo Do says, "We're just trying to toughen you up." But this is revealing at a lot of levels. It is an overt threat to go out and say, "I'm putting you on notice." I wonder what would happen if McCain did that. McCain, "You don't say that about me! I'm putting you on notice, you hear, sister, you hear?"

Can you imagine what the reaction would be if any Republican went up or any conservative went up to a member of the media and said, "I'm putting you on notice right now." How bullied can the Drive-By Media be by this candidates? Of course, Hillary has her testicle lockbox, and it works. She gets kid-glove treatment, softball questions wherever she goes. We've already attributed this to the testicle lockbox that she has. But here's the next thing, and this is something that everybody seems to be deaf about. He seems fragile. This guy actually seems fragile. He is expecting not to be teased about -- what are the editorial cartoonists going to do with this now? (interruption) Oh some of them will, Mr. Snerdley, some of them will. You know, you were wrong yesterday, and you're going to be wrong today. I bet you yesterday that this Tehran "Holocaust didn't happen" convention would blossom and leave Iran -- and it has -- people seriously debating this now in little oddball corners of the world.

I've already seen editorial cartoons, maybe on conservative websites that are parodying -- that's what editorial cartoonists do, they exaggerate the slightest physical characteristic. But, at any rate, how fragile can he be? He has been given uncritical -- not only uncritical, but fawning positive press coverage for a couple of years now, then one liberal columnist quips about his ears, his ears, and he's fretting about it, and he can't wait to go put her on notice and tell her he doesn't like it because he's been made fun of about it ever since he was a kid. If he's so sensitive about his ears, imagine how his tent will fold when he gets deep into a campaign. Wait 'til Hillary pulls out the testicle lockbox for him in the middle of a campaign, wait 'til Hillary Clinton really gets down and dirty and the guns start blazing, what's this guy going to do? We may have discovered an Achilles' heel. He's not tough enough for this.

I mean, really, I'm not overestimating this, nor am I exaggerating this. I mean, to go out there and say, "I was teased relentlessly when I was a kid about my big ears, I'm very sensitive about it." "We're just trying to toughen you up." That alone means that they know he needs toughening up and that they're going to try to help him along with it. There's a lot to learn in this one little episode. And nobody but us, nobody but me is playing this audio for the very reasons that you and I have discussed. Plus it's tough to hear because it's so muddled.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

During the break Snerdley continued to argue with me that editorial cartoonists nor anybody else will make fun of Obama over his long-held sensitivity since childhood over his Dumbo-type ears, his elephant ears. Snerdley says, "You don't understand how this is going to play out. His whole method here is to portray himself as just an average guy, and when he goes out there and actually admits that he's sensitive and he was made fun of as a child, well, everybody can relate to that." Yes, but that's not how you deal with crisis. You don't deal with adversity by basically, (crying) "You hurt my feelings! Stop it." You know, you can be Oprah Winfrey and you can be a star on the Oprah show, but you cannot be elected president with that kind of behavior.

Barack Hussein Odumbo, by the way, did not go public with this ear sensitivity thing. He sought MoDo out in the audience, and nobody aired that. Well, I guess it was on C-SPAN, but nobody's picked it up from C-SPAN except, of course, I. He didn't know the microphone was still on when this happened. He thought he was in a private moment with her. So he hasn't gone out there and tried to build this bridge, this bond of relatability with average schlubs. Do you think that's going to play well at union headquarters? I mean, how many of those guys out there are worrying about things they were made fun of? They just smash people that made fun of them. They just get rid of them. Jimmy Hoffa, concrete, Giants Stadium, six feet under. (interruption) Every woman with a child what? Will relate to it? Oh, well, fine, then we stop women from voting in '06 or '08. Don't be silly in there.

END TRANSCRIPT
Link (http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_121406/content/truth_detector.guest.html)

Oops. I wasn't paying attention. I don't listen to the drug addled Limpdick like BigBadBrie does....

BigBadBrian
12-16-2006, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian

Hey Obama ( or Osama, as Ted Kennedy calls him): "BIG EARS, BIG EARS, BIG EARS, BIG EARS, BIG EARS!!!!"

:D

The liberal Mainstream Media (MSM) will probably honor his request not to mention his ears.

:rolleyes:

BigBadBrian
12-16-2006, 10:11 AM
One thing you'll never hear O(b or s)ama saying:

"What'd you say?"

:D

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20061210/images/news-obama.jpg

LoungeMachine
12-16-2006, 10:52 AM
LMAO

Having fun Brie?

Have you finally fallen face first off of the W Bandwagon, and have now nothing left to focus on other than Obama.

Personally, I think you're laughing at him out of fear.

:)

BITEYOASS
12-16-2006, 06:14 PM
Maybe dat der larry the cable fraud would cheer him up. Dem neo-con rednecks comedians always make em happy! :D

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1070817#post1070817

FORD
12-16-2006, 06:15 PM
Yep, the neocons fear Obama even more than they do Hillary. Because they know Obama might actually get elected.

I don't think it's gonna happen in 2008, but someday it will. I would however advise him NOT to run in 2020 because of that "year ending in zero" thing, and obviously he's going to have enough problems in that area :(

bueno bob
12-17-2006, 07:39 AM
2008 is his year.

Reasons:

01. People (Republicans included) are sick of G.W., and that's going to rub the wrong way for the whole Republican party when it comes election time in 2008. Reps are going to have a VERY difficult time getting another White House run with anybody; people in general are hankering for the "Good Old Days" under Bill Clinton, and nostalgic for the (relative) peace and quiet that run offered. 2008 is, therefore, a Democrats playground. The advantage is theirs.

02. Obama is getting a LOT of attention and his heat is BIG now. He's got the spotlight - best option is to strike while the iron is hot, otherwise he's going to be viewed as a "tease". Hate to say it, but he's also something of a novelty right now - if he waits until 2012 or 2016, he won't be and going after it then will be a LOT harder than it will be now. There'll be a lot of other faces, then.

03. His biggest competition in the Democratic field right now is Hillary Clinton - that being said, he should be a shoe-in for the party's nomination, since she makes Democrats in general nervous, grating as she is. John Edwards doesn't have a chance and Kerry probably won't go for it again. Bayh's ruled it out. My guess? They'll readily support him, because of the fact that he comes across good to the public extremely easily - and THAT, above and beyond all else, is what's really necessary to represent Democratic presidency hopes.

Regan was congenial with every market also - did wonders for him when it came time to deal with Democrats (usually). Same will be true of Obama and Republicans, just a reverse-case scenario.

2008 is his time.

DrMaddVibe
12-17-2006, 01:39 PM
Obama Mama Drama...what's he done to deserve the job?

NOTHING!

His star will burn out before he even gets close. Hillary will see to that!

LoungeMachine
12-17-2006, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe

NOTHING!

More than your boy chimp had in 2000.

:rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
12-17-2006, 02:09 PM

NOTHING!

Yet you'll elect a douchebag, whose only "credentials" was running gov. at the state level, bumplug...

DrMaddVibe
12-17-2006, 02:15 PM
A 2 term governor of the 2nd largest state in the union is nothing?

At least his state wasn't Arkansas!

Nickdfresh
12-17-2006, 02:46 PM

I didn't say it was "nothing."

I am asking why is having been /being a governor better credentials than being a sitting US senator with over six-years experience?

FORD
12-17-2006, 05:35 PM

When the state is Texas, yes that is nothing. Or very close to it.

Most of the working "executive branch" duties in Texas are actually done by the Lieutenant Governor, while the Governor's office itself is mostly ceremonial.

Why do you think Poppy sent Jeb to Florida, and dumbass to Texas?

Arkansas may be a smaller state, but there's no questioning Bill Clinton's credentials as Attorney General and then Governor.

Now, getting back on topic, I don't believe Obama has enough experience for the top job right now, but I would say the same of Hillary. 8 years being married to a President might give you some insight into the White House, but then one might think having a dad there for 12 years would mean something too. And obviously, it did nothing for Chimpy.

I'm sticking with my original prediction until I have reason to do otherwise. Al Gore will be the nominee, and he will (once again) be elected President. Only this time he's keeping the office.

Obama could get the VP slot, but it's probably in his own best interest to continue in the Senate for now. A future VP run might be his best way to the White House, unless he runs for Governor of Illinois somewhere along the line.

Keef
12-17-2006, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
LMAO

Having fun Brie?

Have you finally fallen face first off of the W Bandwagon, and have now nothing left to focus on other than Obama.

The game is in halftime for these ignorant fools.

Let's hope when the third quarter starts they realize that this is not a Democrat VS Rebublican "thing"

But they won't. As long as they have someone to think for them, why blow it?

svrwthr
12-17-2006, 08:12 PM
not reading any of those rants above. Democrats are supposedly going to take the white house in next election so you take your choice if voting Dem. A woman that has a fuck off give me a blow job for a husband. Or a Black man with big ears that could actually be benificial for America.

FORD
12-17-2006, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by svrwthr
not reading any of those rants above. Democrats are supposedly going to take the white house in next election so you take your choice if voting Dem. A woman that has a fuck off give me a blow job for a husband. Or a Black man with big ears that could actually be benificial for America.

But who the Hell said the choice had to be between those two??

Possibly a Republican owned whore media who knows damn well that there are a whole lot of prejudiced dumbfucks out there who still wouldn't vote for ANY woman or any black man under any circumstances, but particularly in the climate of FEAR that the Repukes are still pushing.

As I said earlier, Obama may very well be President someday. If his actions prove as worthy as his words have, I'd be happy to support him somewhere down the road. I'll **NEVER** vote for Hillary Clinton. She's sold out to the corporatists and AIPAC far too many times.

But make no mistake, the next President of the United States has a bigger job to do than any President in the history of this country. We have to reverse the damage that the BCE has done to this country. I don't know if any one man can do it, even in 8 years.

But I know an inexperienced candidate doesn't have a chance in Hell of pulling it off.

It's just not Obama's time.

Gore should have the opportunity to prove beyond any reasonable doubt just how fucked up the Supreme Court decision of December 12, 2000 really was.

RE-ELECT GORE 2008!

BigBadBrian
12-19-2006, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
LMAO

Having fun Brie?

Fun?

Yes.

W Bandwagon?

Never been on it. That's your misperception. One issue does not a platform make.

Focusing on/fearing Obama?

No, although I guess 2008 is the next political focus for us all since the Dems won't get anything accomplished in Congress (it is gridlocked). Hell, I may even vote for Obama, depending on if he runs and what he finally decides to stand for.

I think the Dem Ticket will ultimately be Hillary/Obama. The popularity of both (the ghosts of Howard Dean 2004 haunt us all in this regard) are already discouraging others to run.

BTW- Lounge, you really don't like it when people poke fun at Democrats, do you? :cool:

BigBadBrian
12-19-2006, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by FORD
I'll **NEVER** vote for Hillary Clinton. She's sold out to the corporatists and AIPAC far too many times.

:rolleyes: If she is the Dem Nominee you will. Guaranteed.

RE-ELECT GORE 2008!

That tree-hugging loser doesn't stand a chance against Hillary or Obama.

sadaist
12-19-2006, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh

I am asking why is having been /being a governor better credentials than being a sitting US senator with over six-years experience?

6 years experience in doing what? Writing books, giving speeches, fundraising, supporting others on their campaign trails....

What has Obama actually accomplished for his constituents? This should be a spectacular list considering he is considered the "Rock Star" of the Democrat party.

Nickdfresh
12-19-2006, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by sadaist
6 years experience in doing what? Writing books, giving speeches, fundraising, supporting others on their campaign trails....

What has Obama actually accomplished for his constituents? This should be a spectacular list considering he is considered the "Rock Star" of the Democrat party.

Nice way to completely avoid answering the question which is...

"I am asking why is having been /being a governor better credentials than being a sitting US senator with over six-years experience?"

And congradulations mensa, you've successfully described every politican who has ever ran...

Again, why is experience only an "issue" when it has to do with Democrats?

FORD
12-19-2006, 08:43 PM

"I am asking why is having been /being a governor better credentials than being a sitting US senator with over six-years experience?"

Again, why is experience only an "issue" when it has to do with Democrats?

With a few exceptions like Texas, being governor of a state is a good "dry run" for Presidency. Obviously a much smaller scale, but the duties of the job, at least as far as domestic matters go, are much the same.

And it's not just Democrats. The Republicans used Chimpy's 8 years as Texas governor to sell him as "experienced", knowing that most non Texans aren't aware of the difference in how that office works in that state vs most others. Reagan was a former governor of California. And then you had Nixon as a former Veep, and Poppy as the hand up Reagan's ass, both of which were executive branch experience.

This is also one of the MANY reasons why Howard Dean was a much better candidate than John Kerry in 2004. Unfortuantely, there are no good governors announced for 2008 as of yet.

(VilSUCK?? Not in this lifetime)

Terry
12-19-2006, 09:39 PM
The credentials factor really doesn't matter much.

You never know for sure what these candidates are gonna do once in office. You just gotta take a reading on their character and beliefs (as much as it is possible to discern these through the perma-haze of continual banal campaign rhetoric). Then take a leap of faith and hope you're not voting for a complete douchebag. Plus, it's often how these guys react to events once IN office (as opposed to actually putting their campaign promises into action; rarely happens) that lets you know what they're made of.

I like what Obama has to SAY, but I'll agree that he's a little short in the traditional pre-presidential accomplishments department. Wouldn't stop me from voting for him.

sadaist
12-20-2006, 04:29 AM

And congradulations mensa

Did you mean congratulations? Sorry, I was at my Mensa meeting earlier tonight. Didn't mean to be literate with you.

Nickdfresh
12-21-2006, 07:50 PM
Did you mean congratulations? Sorry, I was at my Mensa meeting earlier tonight. Didn't mean to be literate with you.

Next time, before you make fun of me misspelling 'cuntgratulations,' make sure you figure out that you need to spell out the word "six" when using it in a sentence, especially at the beginning Sade, mmm'kay Spellcheck biotch?

Do they teach writing 101 and various critical thinking skills there?

Kilkmaru
12-21-2006, 07:58 PM
talk about grasping at straws.

sadaist
12-21-2006, 08:06 PM
Next time, before you make fun of me misspelling 'cuntgratulations,' make sure you figure out that you need to spell out the word "six" when using it in a sentence, especially at the beginning Sade, mmm'kay Spellcheck biotch?

Do they teach writing 101 and various critical thinking skills there?

It sure as hell doesn't require hyphenation.

with over six-years experience?

http://www.forumspile.com/You-Are-Jackass.jpg

Nickdfresh
12-21-2006, 08:10 PM
It sure as hell doesn't require hyphenation.

http://www.forumspile.com/You-Are-Jackass.jpg

No, but it is an option dick...

Much like your father should have used the option of birthcuntroll...