PDA

View Full Version : Can't get my new monitor to work...help?

Roy Munson
12-17-2006, 11:02 AM
Hey, y'all...

I just bought a 19" Proview wide flat panel from my bro-in-law. I can't get the frickin thing to work.

I have updated my video card driver and I downloaded a driver for this specific monitor, too. Everytime I fire up the Proview the screen is just white.

Any ideas?

Thanks

LoungeMachine
12-17-2006, 01:18 PM
Plug in the power, Roy.

Glad to help. ;)

Hardrock69
12-18-2006, 09:45 AM
Google has the answer

Roy Munson
12-18-2006, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Plug in the power, Roy.

Glad to help. ;)

Damn! I knew I forgot something.

Roy Munson
12-18-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Google has the answer

Done that. Tell me, though...is there such thing as XP SP3?

Wawazat
12-18-2006, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Roy Munson

Sure itīs callled Unix :D

FORD
12-18-2006, 01:13 PM
Actually, it's called Windows Vista......

Seriously, Micro$oft was working on a Service Pack 3 for XP, but they suspended the project so they could focus on getting Vista out the door by the end of the year. (Which technically they did, though it doesn't hit retail shelves until January)

So I'm guessing XP SP3 will be released next Spring. Of course in the meantime you're always welcome to spend a few hundred bucks on the "new" version :D

Or so Mr. Gates and Mr. Ballmer would say........

MERRYKISSMASS2U
12-18-2006, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Roy Munson

Vista.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
12-18-2006, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by FORD

Seriously, Micro$oft was working on a Service Pack 3 for XP, but they suspended the project so they could focus on getting Vista out the door by the end of the year. (Which technically they did, though it doesn't hit retail shelves until January)

So I'm guessing XP SP3 will be released next Spring. Of course in the meantime you're always welcome to spend a few hundred bucks on the "new" version :D

Yeah, I'm done with that motherfucking shit. I switched to a Mac and I'm never looking back.

Roy Munson
12-18-2006, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by FORD

Yeah...I thought I had read something about that.

I'm pretty sure this monitor I have is fucked. I've tried everything to no avail. Time to call my bro-in-law and tell him to come pick up his garbage.