PDA

View Full Version : VH most underrated songs??

Mike-DLR
12-17-2006, 01:48 PM
I was reading this aritcle on the net and this guy said Light Up the sky and Bottoms Up! were CVH's most underrated songs and that Jump and Panama were overrated and overplayed (i think this guy loves sammy)...which other do u think should have been more focused on and played more?

Blackflag
12-17-2006, 08:00 PM
"Once."

Uga Buga
12-17-2006, 08:17 PM
so he is saying that VH2 is their most underrated record

ALMOSTsaved
12-17-2006, 08:19 PM
Most underrated to me would be "Push Comes To Shove."

vh rides again
12-17-2006, 08:25 PM
there are to many to list

im 40 years old and work with a couple guys who are a few years older than me, doug and tim are thier names.
a couple years back they brang in a cd player and some cds which a couple were van hagar and they just thought that they were the shit
and i started to explain to them the history of vanhalen.
they heard some of the radio staples over the years like running with the devil/panama and daves solo stuff.
but believe it or not had never bought a real vanhalen record, these guys are hardcore 60s rockers, greatful dead, hendryx, stones, shit like that.
i burnt cds of the six pack for them and its like a whole new world for them, especially doug.
over the past couple years he has turned into a friggin vanhalen nut.
his old lady really likes them too.
i asked him what planet hes been living on since he never really known who the original vanhalen is.
he said he never heard any of those songs on the radio.
i think i have ruined his record collection for him by burning those cds to isten too, i doubt hes played much greatful dead these past years since discovering vanhalen.
oh and by the way he hates sammy now. LOL.

rustoffa
12-17-2006, 10:06 PM
Moving to the songs and albums forum. No brainer, huh?

tjvhou812
12-23-2006, 02:26 AM
With out a shadow of a doubt

in a simple rhyme is the most underrated VH song

sadaist
12-23-2006, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
Most underrated to me would be "Push Comes To Shove."

Agree 100%. Great song and one of Eddie's most exceptional solos. Dave just flows perfectly on this as well.

LookN4AMootBeat
12-23-2006, 06:19 AM
Push comes to shove
In a simple rhyme
Light up the sky

I definitely agree with those three.

I'm the one......I always wished the chorus "show your love" lasted a few bars longer at the end, definitely a great chorus and underrated.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
12-24-2006, 12:39 PM
I'm The One - VH's harmonizing abilities and humor shines. If this had been on any other album than the first, it would've been the feature track.

In A Simple Rhyme - Great fuckin' stuff. But can it be underrated since we're all here rating it???

Little Guitars, Hang Em High & Secrets - On an album known for all of its cover versions, these are some INCREDIBLE originals.

Of these all, my fave is probably Little Guitars, followed VERY closely by Rhyme. But most underrated would be Secrets. Always seems to get lost in the shuffle that one...

BottomLine65
01-19-2007, 11:24 AM
Loss of control
In A Simple Rhyme
Push comes to shove

hideyoursheep
01-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by BottomLine65
Loss of control

Definitely.Motorhead could have done this one-it would have been money.But b/c it's VH,it's underappreciated for what it really is. :killer:

vhrothfan
01-31-2007, 04:15 AM
Push Comes To Shove

JJMcClure
01-31-2007, 04:30 AM
Top Jimmy. Great intro, lyrics and a screamer of a guitar solo.

I'll probably change my mind tomorrow..

Wacke
02-08-2007, 11:18 AM
On Fire - Fast & just awesome!

Girl's Gone Bad - It's just a very great tune!

binnie
02-08-2007, 11:32 AM
In a simple Rhyme, or secrets.

Both beautiful and with great lyrics....

SilvioDante
02-08-2007, 11:41 AM
All those above and...

Hear About it Later

JJMcClure
02-09-2007, 12:35 PM
What about The Full Bug - acoustic intro, kicks into a nice riff, nice bass run in the middle and Dave blows some harp as well. Told ya I'd change my mind..

chi-town324
02-24-2007, 05:05 PM
Take your whiskey home my favorite song of all time

VanHalener
02-24-2007, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by chi-town324
Take your whiskey home my favorite song of all time

WHO THE HELL IS VAN HALEN?

Are they the guys that played that song "Little Guitars?"

trueblue
02-27-2007, 06:06 AM
I reckon almost all DLR-era VH songs are hugely admired and loved by a mighty majority of the band's greatest fans everywhere. I'd agree though that among such a treasure trove of absolutely unrivalled classics to be found in the superb original six-pack, some great songs often seem to be overlooked and under-rated by lots of my fellow fans. Lemme suggest the following from the top of my head.

I'm the One
Light Up The Sky
Women in Love
Fools
In A Simple Rhyme
Loss of Control
Secrets
Top Jimmy
that's probably all that instantly spring to my mind at the moment....

stillwaitin
02-27-2007, 07:32 AM
so what makes a song UNDERRATED?......cus it's not popular but you love it? cus it's not(wasn't!) played live?....just askin!!

i really like romeos delight/hang em high/simple rhyme.....not many would have those in their top ten i guess..but it doesn't mean there underrated...just not as popular as others!