X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ellyllions
    Veteran
    • Mar 2006

Gotta question

Heard an interesting intro yesterday. Didn't catch the full story as I just heard it on tv while I was making dinner.

Something about a statement getting ready to come out of Al Queda. And the title of the upcoming statement is: Al Queda vs. Atheism

Admittedly I don't know a WHOLE lot about Islam, but do you suppose that Muslims think that all of us who are NOT Muslim are aethiests?
    "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish
  • knuckleboner
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

eh. i'm sure some do. probably, in as much as we don't believe in the right god.

there are definitely some Christians who take this tact, too.

(it's probably the universal trait of most religions; if you don't believe in their specific deity, you're damned...)

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

As far as the Muslims are concerned, an infidel is an infidel. And an infidel is anyone who doesn't accept Mohammed as God's number one dude.

Now on the other hand, BCE propagandists would love to blame atheists (along with liberals and queers) for "Al Qaeda's" alleged hatred of our (rapidly evaporating) freedoms.
      Last edited by FORD; 12-19-2006, 11:35 AM.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• LoungeMachine
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by knuckleboner
        eh. i'm sure some do. probably, in as much as we don't believe in the right god.

(it's probably the universal trait of most religions; if you don't believe in their specific deity, you're damned...)

See also: ELVIS, Warham, Brie, et al.
        Originally posted by Kristy
        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
        Originally posted by cadaverdog
        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

New Al Qaeda Message Expected As Terror Anxieties Already High in Europe

New Al Qaeda Message Expected As Terror Anxieties Already High in Europe
          December 18, 2006 11:53 AM

Hoda Osman Reports:

With European law enforcement officials warning of an imminent holiday terror attack, Web sites associated with al Qaeda announced today that the group's second-in-command, Ayman al-Zawahiri, is about to issue a new statement entitled "the truths about the clash between Islam and atheism."

According to the Associated Press, John Reid, Britain's top law enforcement official, said Sunday that it was "highly likely" that terrorists would attempt to mount an attack over the holiday period, when the number of travelers swells. He gave no other details.

The head of Britain's domestic spy agency MI5, Dame Eliza Manningham-Buller, has said her agents are tracking almost 30 terrorist plots involving 1,600 suspects, and that at least five major terror plots had been thwarted since the July 2005 transit bomb attacks in London.

Al Zawahiri's last 11 statements were video releases. The last we heard from al Zawahiri was about two months ago at the end of September. In that statement, Zawahiri pontificated about the new Pope and the crisis in Darfur.

»
          Originally posted by Kristy
          Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
          Originally posted by cadaverdog
          I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• VanHalener
            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

If I open The Church of Van Halen are any of you going to attend my saturday evening services?
            ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• BigBadBrian
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Yes, I agree with this. :eek:

There is only ONE TRUE GOD: The Father, The Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit.

If you believe (or don't believe) in anything else, I would say you are a heathen.

Most real believers of other religions feel the same way.

After all, how can you believe in something and still believe others that profess faith in something else can be correct?

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• knuckleboner
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                Yes, I agree with this. :eek:

There is only ONE TRUE GOD: The Father, The Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit.

If you believe (or don't believe) in anything else, I would say you are a heathen.

Most real believers of other religions feel the same way.

After all, how can you believe in something and still believe others that profess faith in something else can be correct?

eh, i guess it depends. i believe in an all-loving God (as i believe you do, too...).

but i find it a little hard to believe that the Jesus who ministers to sinners and samaritans would turn around and deny entry to heaven to a kind, generous, caring hindu. (or would want me to do the same.)

we're talking about the God who refused to cast the first stone, after all...

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

but i find it a little hard to believe that the Jesus who ministers to sinners and samaritans would turn around and deny entry to heaven to a kind, generous, caring hindu.
                  Well, that's exactly what he will do...

He said "I am the truth, the way, and the life."

What part do you not understand...

BTW, Most Muslims think of "us" as Christians as well as infadels. Not atheists...

Comment

• Ellyllions
                    Veteran
                    • Mar 2006

Why can't they all be right in some form or fashion?
                    It was still a big world 2000 years ago. Why can't my God be Islams God?
                    "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Because Islam denies Jesus Christ as the savior and the Son of God...

Comment

• Ellyllions
                        Veteran
                        • Mar 2006

Supposedly Muhammad came after Jesus, right?

But that still doesn't make us Aethiests. Unless they're saying that their rules are the only ones that God will acknowlege?

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Ellyllions
                          Supposedly Muhammad came after Jesus, right?

But that still doesn't make us Aethiests. Unless they're saying that their rules are the only ones that God will acknowlege?
                          Their "rules" say "There is no god but Allah, and Mohammed is His prophet".

That doesn't leave a lot of room for interpretation. But just like Brian's explanation of what he considers "Christianity", anyone not following the doctrine is a "heathen". And people who follow that narrow minded of a doctrine don't see any difference between a non-believer and a "wrong" believer.

And yes, Mohammed came about 600 years after Jesus.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Ellyllions
                            Veteran
                            • Mar 2006

So, Muhammed was sent and he sat down with the "fellas" and said, "M'kay, God's pretty pissed about Jesus getting killed. So he's changed a few things around see. He wants us to kill everyone who doesn't profess me as the new prophet."

The way my grandaddy taught me is that Islam came about because of Abraham's pregnant handmaid. Grampa didn't come out and say that it was a revenge religion, but that's what he was trying to say.

But here's the kicker for me. If Allah/God happen to be the same, how can Muslims see us as anything other than believers in their God. God is supposed to be the end-all, be-all. I don't think we're supposed to be bickering over which prophet was the true spokesperson. Does that sound crazy to me only?

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Ellyllions
                              So, Muhammed was sent and he sat down with the "fellas" and said, "M'kay, God's pretty pissed about Jesus getting killed. So he's changed a few things around see. He wants us to kill everyone who doesn't profess me as the new prophet."

The way my grandaddy taught me is that Islam came about because of Abraham's pregnant handmaid. Grampa didn't come out and say that it was a revenge religion, but that's what he was trying to say.

But here's the kicker for me. If Allah/God happen to be the same, how can Muslims see us as anything other than believers in their God. God is supposed to be the end-all, be-all. I don't think we're supposed to be bickering over which prophet was the true spokesperson. Does that sound crazy to me only?
                              Actually, I don't think it sounds crazy at all. Jesus himself actually said it would happen in one of His parables.........

from Luke chapter 20

....And Jesus said unto them, Neither tell I you by what authority I do these things.

Then began he to speak to the people this parable; A certain man planted a vineyard, and let it forth to husbandmen, and went into a far country for a long time.

And at the season he sent a servant to the husbandmen, that they should give him of the fruit of the vineyard: but the husbandmen beat him, and sent him away empty.

And again he sent another servant: and they beat him also, and entreated him shamefully, and sent him away empty.

And again he sent a third: and they wounded him also, and cast him out.

Then said the lord of the vineyard, What shall I do? I will send my beloved son: it may be they will reverence him when they see him.

But when the husbandmen saw him, they reasoned among themselves, saying, This is the heir: come, let us kill him, that the inheritance may be ours.

So they cast him out of the vineyard, and killed him. What therefore shall the lord of the vineyard do unto them?

He shall come and destroy these husbandmen, and shall give the vineyard to others. And when they heard it, they said, God forbid.

This refers to the prophets whom God sent to the Jews, the descendants of Abraham's son Isaac. They rejected and killed many of these prophets, up to and including God's own Son.

40 years after Jesus was crucified, and soon after His apostles had been rounded up and executed as well, the Romans crushed the Jews and kicked them out of their own land. Eventually it was populated by those who would become Muslims, the descendants of Abraham's other son Ishmael.

So when one looks at Jesus' own parable, it would seem that He predicted the coming of the Islamic religion. Which makes it unlikely that He would condemn it.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...