PDA

View Full Version : Just send over more troops, of course!

Steve Savicki
12-19-2006, 07:35 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061219/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_interview

- President Bush, working to recraft his strategy in Iraq, said Tuesday that he plans to increase the size of the U.S. military so it can fight a long-term war against terrorism.

In an interview with The Washington Post, Bush said he has asked his new defense chief, Robert Gates, to report back to him with a plan to increase ground forces. The president did not say how many troops might be added, but said he agreed with officials in the Pentagon and on Capitol Hill that the current military is being stretched too thin to deal with demands of fighting terrorism.

"I'm inclined to believe that we do need to increase our troops — the Army, the Marines," Bush said in the Oval Office session. "And I talked about this to Secretary Gates and he is going to spend some time talking to the folks in the building, come back with a recommendation to me about how to proceed forward on this idea."

Top generals have expressed concern that even temporarily shipping thousands of more troops would be largely ineffective in the absence of bold new political and economic steps, and that it would leave the already stretched Army and Marines Corps even thinner once the surge ended.

They also worry that it feeds a perception that the strife and chaos in Iraq is mainly a military problem; in their view it is largely political, fed by economic distress.

Bush said he has not yet made a decision about a new strategy for Iraq, which he is expected to announce next month. He said he was waiting for Gates to return from his expected trip to Iraq to get a firsthand look at the situation.

"I need to talk to him when he gets back," the president said. "I've got more consultations to do with the national security team, which will be consulting with other folks. And I'm going to take my time to make sure that the policy, when it comes out, the American people will see that we ... have got a new way forward."

Bush said his decision to increase the size of the armed forces was in response not just to the war in Iraq, but to the broader struggle against Islamic extremists around the globe.

"It is an accurate reflection that this ideological war we're in is going to last for a while and that we're going to need a military that's capable of being able to sustain our efforts and to help us achieve peace," he said.

<center>Isn't increasing the number of troops going to increase the number of Islamic extremists?
I sense some very serious action by The House and people next year.</center>

blueturk
12-19-2006, 08:06 PM
Bush doesn't have a fucking clue. All this advice is blowing his mind. He's wondering where all his "yes" people went....

"Make no mistake about it, I understand how tough it is, sir. I talk to families who die." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 7, 2006

Steve Savicki
12-19-2006, 10:12 PM
I don't even think he's smart enough to know if he lost any yes people. The king doesn't know his advisor is actually running the country.

Nitro Express
12-20-2006, 11:41 PM
He's like an angry two year old and the middle east is his sandbox. "I'm the decider! Don't tell me what to do with my toys in my sandbox! Waaa wwwaaaaaaa!"

If that asshole pushes it, the democrats are going to start the impeachement process.

We have a spoiled brat for president who has no brain. Scary!

Nitro Express
12-20-2006, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
I don't even think he's smart enough to know if he lost any yes people. The king doesn't know his advisor is actually running the country.

BINGO! You hit the bullseye with that statement!

Nitro Express
12-20-2006, 11:45 PM
Bush's body language and haggard, stressed out persona reminds me of a friend who couldn't cut organic chemistry but was too stupid to drop the class. He was getting D's and F's on every test and still didn't get the clue.

Steve Savicki
12-21-2006, 02:58 PM
Soon, his most trusted advisor will take advantage of his own king. But alas, history will repeat itself. Or did Bush study up on his history?

Nickdfresh
12-21-2006, 07:26 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061219/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_interview

- President Bush, working to recraft his strategy in Iraq, said Tuesday that he plans to increase the size of the U.S. military so it can fight a long-term war against terrorism.

So, when do we begin to draft again?

Nickdfresh
12-21-2006, 07:36 PM
Thousands More Dead In Continuing Iraq Victory
America marks three and a half years of winning in Iraq, and nearly 3,000 victory deaths
http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/Thousands-More-R.jpg
General George Casey, Jr. lauds "another plainly measurable step" in America's victory.
December 18, 2006 | Issue 42•51

Statistics released by the Department Of Defense estimated that 2,937 U.S. troops and over 100,000 Iraqi civilians have died in the ongoing American military victory in Iraq.
Enlarge Image Thousands More R

General George Casey, Jr. lauds "another plainly measurable step" in America's victory.

"Victory deaths are at a higher level than we had anticipated, yes," Gen. George Casey, Jr. said at a press conference shortly after the figures were released. "But one of the crucial lessons of our Vietnam experience is that a victory, in order to remain victorious, can't be abandoned halfway through, or in the case of Iraq, one-eighth of the way through."

"And significantly more troops may be required if we are to continue to enjoy that victory, especially if this turns into an all-out civil war," Casey added, stressing that it was still too early to deem the victory a "quagmire."

Debate continues over whether U.S. troops should be withdrawn from the Iraqi theater of victory. While some in Congress argue that a withdrawal would force Iraqi leadership to enforce the victory on their own, many military experts say that Iraqi troops remain insufficiently trained and unprepared to handle the daily perils of victory.

President Bush has consistently warned that if we hand over victory to local forces right away, there's a risk that victory may worsen, as Iraqis won't be able to contend with the guerrilla attacks and improvised explosive devices that claim the lives of dozens of the victorious every day.

"We're paying dearly in the form of American lives," Bush said, "but, plainly speaking, that's just victory for you."

Casey's remarks came nearly two weeks after some 200 Iraqi Shi'ites died in a series of car bombs in Baghdad's Sadr City, the largest single victory-related death toll since the U.S. won the Iraq War in 2003.

In an address to the nation Dec. 10, President Bush predicted that, if efforts continue as they have in Iraq, "This could become America's longest victory ever," Bush said.

Link (http://www.theonion.com/content/node/56628)

Steve Savicki
12-21-2006, 07:50 PM
Continuing Iraq victory?!?!?!?!
What bit of this unnecessary war is considered victorious?

Nitro Express
12-21-2006, 08:09 PM
What's victory? Can they define it? Exactly what are we trying to do? What's worth dying over?

Meanwhile we are wide open for attack at home. Nothing has changed other than the Patriot Act can send me to a CIA secret prison with no due process for being SUSPECTED of being a terrorist.

Those arrogant assholes in power don't remember Vietnam do they? A draft would set this country off back into the 1960's free for all again.

Steve Savicki
01-10-2007, 08:35 AM
20,000 more:

http://www.yahoo.com/s/135781/*http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070110/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_iraq

Warham
01-10-2007, 09:00 AM
Steve,

Why do you think 2009 is going to be any better?

If McCain's elected president, he'll probably send another 40,000 over there.

Steve Savicki
01-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Let's hope he's not elected then.

Nickdfresh
01-10-2007, 07:24 PM
You're sooooo wrong you Mr. Pibb drinking, can't afford Dr. Pepper scum! :mad:

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/privileged_youths_enlist_to_fight_in_iraq

Steve Savicki
01-11-2007, 09:51 AM
Dear Mr. President: Send Even MORE Troops (and you go, too!) ...from Michael Moore

1/10/07

Dear Mr. President,

Thanks for your address to the nation. It's good to know you still want to talk to us after how we behaved in November.

Listen, can I be frank? Sending in 20,000 more troops just ain't gonna do the job. That will only bring the troop level back up to what it was last year. And we were losing the war last year! We've already had over a million troops serve some time in Iraq since 2003. Another few thousand is simply not enough to find those weapons of mass destruction! Er, I mean... bringing those responsible for 9/11 to justice! Um, scratch that. Try this -- BRING DEMOCRACY TO THE MIDDLE EAST! YES!!!

You've got to show some courage, dude! You've got to win this one! C'mon, you got Saddam! You hung 'im high! I loved watching the video of that -- just like the old wild west! The bad guy wore black! The hangmen were as crazy as the hangee! Lynch mobs rule!!!

Look, I have to admit I feel very sorry for the predicament you're in. As Ricky Bobby said, "If you're not first, you're last." And you being humiliated in front of the whole world does NONE of us Americans any good.

Sir, listen to me. You have to send in MILLIONS of troops to Iraq, not thousands! The only way to lick this thing now is to flood Iraq with millions of us! I know that you're out of combat-ready soldiers -- so you have to look elsewhere! The only way you are going to beat a nation of 27 million -- Iraq -- is to send in at least 28 million! Here's how it would work:

The first 27 million Americans go in and kill one Iraqi each. That will quickly take care of any insurgency. The other one million of us will stay and rebuild the country. Simple.

Now, I know you're saying, where will I find 28 million Americans to go to Iraq? Here are some suggestions:

1. More than 62,000,000 Americans voted for you in the last election (the one that took place a year and half into a war we already knew we were losing). I am confident that at least a third of them would want to put their body where there vote was and sign up to volunteer. I know many of these people and, while we may disagree politically, I know that they don't believe someone else should have to go and fight their fight for them -- while they hide here in America.

2. Start a "Kill an Iraqi" Meet-Up group in cities across the country. I know this idea is so early-21st century, but I once went to a Lou Dobbs Meet-Up and, I swear, some of the best ideas happen after the third mojito. I'm sure you'll get another five million or so enlistees from this effort.

3. Send over all members of the mainstream media. After all, they were your collaborators in bringing us this war -- and many of them are already trained from having been "embedded!" If that doesn't bring the total to 28 million, then draft all viewers of the FOX News channel.

Mr. Bush, do not give up! Now is not the time to pull your punch! Don't be a weenie by sending in a few over-tired troops. Get your people behind you and YOU lead them in like a true commander in chief! Leave no conservative behind! Full speed ahead!

We promise to write. Go get 'em W!

Yours,

Michael Moore
mmflint@aol.com
www.michaelmoore.com

("Will someone please give this man a blow job so we can impeach him?" Yeah, because starting a war for every other reason than "freedom", lying to and murdering your own people plus a whole other nation of people, and ignoring advice from your generals down to your constituents, is NOT enough for impeachment in this country. Gosh darn it, you have to dangle your weenie in front of an intern to get impeached in this great country! C'mon, interns -- hop to it!!! Take one for the team! Don't let us down!)

Steve Savicki
01-11-2007, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Michael Moore
Sending in 20,000 more troops just ain't gonna do the job. That will only bring the troop level back up to what it was last year. And we were losing the war last year!
Simple mathematics sums up the entire message right there.

Steve Savicki
01-12-2007, 11:32 AM
Let's hope he's not elected then.
McCain defends Bush's Iraq strategy:

http://www.yahoo.com/s/481374