PDA

View Full Version : Prime example of how ebay is a joke

Little Texan
12-23-2006, 06:49 PM
Check out this feedback (http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=bperalez06)

My ebay rant:

Just how much negative feedback does it take to get banned from ebay? This person got away with fucking people over for far too long! The scary thing is, I've bought from this person before, and they had mostly positive feedback when I bought from them. After looking at all that red, I consider myself lucky to have received my cd at all, albeit nearly a month after paying for it! I like the concept of ebay, and I use it quite often, but I always examine people's/companies' feedback very closely, and even then that's no guarantee that you won't get screwed as this person's feedback indicates. It seems as if they just made up their mind one day to start ripping people off, and got away with it for a while. I don't understand why people kept buying from this individual after seeing all the negative feedback they had! Why were they surprised when they got bitten by the snake? Ebay's feedback system is a fucking joke, and it's way too easy for people to scam on there as ebay obviously doesn't police scammers very well. Another thing that is fucked up about ebay is how you can honestly leave negative feedback about someone, and they can leave you retaliatory negative feedback for no other reason than you left them negative feedback. This makes it to where people are reluctant to leave negative feedback for a bad transaction for fear of retaliation. Ebay's feedback system and their rules/policies are in need of a serious overhaul. They also need to make some rules about shipping prices so that sellers can't price gouge and break it off in your ass on shipping! How is it that they can get away with fucking everybody over on shipping...charging two or three times more than the actual shipping charge? What a fucking joke!

FORD
12-23-2006, 07:19 PM
The box below contains the User IDs that this member has used on eBay.
This person's no longer a registered eBay user.

User ID Effective Date End Date
bperalez06 Apr-26-06 Not a registered user
mperalez06 Mar-13-06 Apr-26-06

Wonder how many other ID's this person has burned through since April?

bueno bob
12-24-2006, 03:19 AM
I agree...in that case, the user got away with it for FAR too long...

Although I've seen them shut accounts down for getting 3 negative feedbacks in 3 days before, so...who knows...

On the plus side, law enforcement will deal with her accordingly, they don't take to mail/internet fraud too kindly...

smaz
12-24-2006, 04:39 AM
A program over here called Watchdog investigates various things people complain about & televise it. They had a report on ebay on it once. An ex-employee said that people create accounts, then have programs that create false auctions from false accounts, then leave positive feedback. Repeated, this gives them huge scores in very short periods of time. They also bought 2 / 3 pair of 'genuine' shoes - Nike, Timberland and I think Reebok? - and took them to their headquaters to have them checked. Instantly they said they were fake, pointing out the reasons why. They went to the house of someone who sold imitated goods, and surprisingly they answered the door... They kept it half shut, and claimed that they did not know the goods were fake at the time and are no longer trading.... Yeah right...

When postage & packaging & everthing else comes into it, is it much cheaper than places like amazon for most things? Pay that little bit extra for much more reliability...