PDA

View Full Version : Robots to replace Mexicans in the future?

Nitro Express
12-24-2006, 03:55 AM
Day-care robots win honors from METI

The Associated Press
A feeding machine and a furry, therapeutic seal -- both designed to make life easier for older people -- were among robots honored Thursday at a government-sponsored robotics award ceremony in Tokyo.

Model Miki Murakami holds Paro, one of the winners of the government's 2006 Robot of the Year award, before the awards ceremony Thursday in Tokyo. The cooing 350,000 yen baby harp seal robot developed by Intelligent System Co. is designed to soothe people in hospitals and nursing homes. AP PHOTO

The My Spoon feeding robot, which won a prize in the service robots category of the Robot Award 2006, helps elderly or disabled people eat with a joystick-controlled swiveling arm that shovels morsels from a plate to the person's mouth.

My Spoon, which is already sold in Japan and Europe, doesn't force feed: the spoon-fitted arm stops at a preprogrammed position in front of the mouth so users can bite and swallow at their leisure, according to developer Secom Co.

Another robot awarded in the service category was Paro, a furry seal fitted with sensors beneath its fur and whiskers that let it respond to petting by opening and closing its eyes and moving its flippers.

About 800 of the seal robots, developed by Japan's National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science, are used for therapy in Japanese nursing homes and by autistic and disabled children, according to the award's Web site.

Also awarded at the lavish Tokyo ceremony was a mammoth, automatic vacuum-cleaner-on-wheels that uses elevators to travel unaided between floors, designed by Fuji Heavy Industries. The robot already cleans floors at several skyscrapers in central Tokyo, the Web site said.

The Motoman factory worker robot by Yaskawa Electric Corp., which emulates human hand movements, won a prize in the industrial robots category.

Robots are seen in Japan as one way to deal with a rapidly aging population and as a way to combat an impending labor shortage. The country's population of 127 million is expected to plunge 30 percent by 2055, with those aged 65 or older making up 40 percent of that figure, according to government forecasts released earlier this week.

Amid a general reluctance to accept more foreign laborers, robots are seen as a way to make up the shortfall in manpower either directly or by helping older people work longer. Robots could also help care for the country's growing elderly population, analysts say.

The Robot Award was set up earlier this year by the government to promote research and development in the robotics industry. Ten robots won prizes out of 152 entries from across Japan.

4moreyears
12-24-2006, 09:25 AM
Excellent way to get low cost labor.

DrMaddVibe
12-24-2006, 10:28 AM
After the Swift plant raid, I think its safe to say that Americans WILL do the jobs that low cost illegal aliens will do!

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_5215724,00.html

Loss for one is another's gain
Applicants line up to fill jobs left empty by Swift plant raid

By Fernando Quintero, Rocky Mountain News
December 15, 2006

GREELEY - The line of applicants hoping to fill jobs vacated by undocumented workers taken away by immigration agents at the Swift & Co. meat-processing plant earlier this week was out the door Thursday.

Among them was Derrick Stegall, who carefully filled out paperwork he hoped would get him an interview and eventually land him a job as a slaughterer. Two of his friends had been taken away by Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents and he felt compelled to fill their rubber boots.

"Luckily, they had no wives or family they left behind. But it was still sad. They left their apartments filled with all their stuff. I took two dogs one of them had. The other guy had a cat I gave to my sister," he said.

Greg Bonifacio heard about the job openings on television and brought his passport, his Colorado driver's license, his Social Security card and even a color photograph of himself as a young Naval officer to prove his military service.

"I don't want to hassle with any identification problems because of my last name," said Bonifacio, a 59- year-old Thornton resident of Filipino heritage.

As it turned out, the Colorado Workforce office that was taking applications did not require any identification.

That would come later for those who made it past the interview process.

Bonifacio was hoping to get a job in production or fabrication. So was Nathan Korgan, a former construction worker whose company closed and moved to California.

"I feel bad for the kids, but good for me," said Korgan of Tuesday's raid.

Like many others who had mixed emotions about the raid, Maxine Hernandez said she was upset that families were torn apart, but believes illegal immigrants should not get work using fake documents.

"I guess I'm in the middle," she said. "But I do think they should have planned (the raid) better so that innocent children wouldn't be left behind."

Hernandez, who had gone to the employment office because her husband was there to apply for unemployment insurance, decided to apply for a job at Swift on a whim.

"My whole family used to work there. My mom, my aunt, uncles," she said. "I guess it sort of runs in our blood."

Copyright 2006, Rocky Mountain News. All Rights Reserved.

Steve Savicki
12-24-2006, 11:13 AM
I can sense riots coming. Society makes the poorer, less educated that need those jobs homeless, where are they going to get financial support now?
Robbing, etc.:(

Bob_R
12-24-2006, 11:52 AM
So, robots will be mowing my lawn? :D

FORD
12-24-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
So, robots will be mowing my lawn? :D

They can do that already. (http://www.friendlyrobotics.com/video/robomow-video-GG.wmv)

Nitro Express
12-24-2006, 07:38 PM
I see a big market for realistic robotic sex dolls.

DrMaddVibe
12-24-2006, 09:29 PM
Will they look like Darryl Hannah or Sean Young?

http://www.no-budget-arts.de/bastion/programm/2005/08/bladerunner.jpg

Nickdfresh
12-24-2006, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by 4moreyears

Well, if they can flip burgers, you're fucked sunshine...

BITEYOASS
12-24-2006, 11:17 PM
Then we'd all starve if an entire lot of robots breaks down or gets recalled. Prices will fluctuate and we'll really be fucked then. If anyone is to blame, it's the god damn employers. Always trying to start racial violence and lowering everybody's wages.

4moreyears
12-25-2006, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Well, if they can flip burgers, you're fucked sunshine...

Care to compare tax returns!!!

Nickdfresh
12-25-2006, 02:46 PM
You have to file for taxes in junior high school?

4moreyears
12-26-2006, 12:10 AM
You have to file for taxes in junior high school?

I figured you would be afraid.

Nitro Express
12-26-2006, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
Then we'd all starve if an entire lot of robots breaks down or gets recalled. Prices will fluctuate and we'll really be fucked then. If anyone is to blame, it's the god damn employers. Always trying to start racial violence and lowering everybody's wages.

When I see what top managment and CEOs are making now, why us employees and stock holders aren't whacking off a few heads in the public square right now is beyond me. Is cheap prices on Chinese made shit at Wal-Mart all it takes to pacify the American sheep these days?

Nickdfresh
12-26-2006, 08:31 AM

LOL I'm shuddering...

Go ahead and put up whatever you want troll-fag...

Then I'll just go back through your posts to show how your basically a high school-aged troll, or the dumbest fucking 30+ year old ever...

VanHalener
12-26-2006, 10:05 AM
Will the robots be able to roll blunts?:smoke2:

BITEYOASS
12-26-2006, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by vanhalener
Will the robots be able to roll blunts?:smoke2:

Not unless you insert a malicious program into their software. :D In a file called chong.exe LOL

Nitro Express
12-26-2006, 03:48 PM
Not unless you insert a malicious program into their software. :D In a file called chong.exe LOL

I would stay away from that shit. You turn into a lizard if you smoke too much of it!

BITEYOASS
12-26-2006, 08:59 PM
Another fun idea for hacking into these robots would be to install a program that makes them act and talk like Jim Morrison did at that Miami concert. LOL

Nitro Express
12-27-2006, 03:28 AM
I have some Jimi Hendrix bootlegs where a plowed drunk Jim Morrison is singing "Fuck her up the ass!" and you hear Jimi laughing and making funny comments as he plays his guitar.

bueno bob
12-27-2006, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
When I see what top managment and CEOs are making now, why us employees and stock holders aren't whacking off a few heads in the public square right now is beyond me. Is cheap prices on Chinese made shit at Wal-Mart all it takes to pacify the American sheep these days?

Unfortunately, yeah...

4moreyears
12-27-2006, 01:13 PM
LOL I'm shuddering...

Go ahead and put up whatever you want troll-fag...

Then I'll just go back through your posts to show how your basically a high school-aged troll, or the dumbest fucking 30+ year old ever...

thats right Nick... Make your impressions on people based what they posted on a message board. How fucking stupid are you???

bueno bob
12-28-2006, 05:45 AM
To be fair, what you post on a message boards is indicitive of who/what you are in message board land; since Nick doesn't know you in person (I assume), how else is he supposed to get an impression of you?

Short of Nick being a psychic, well...

Like it or not, you ARE judged by what you type on a message board by the community at large - ask me, because I know better than a lot of you...I've posted some STUPID shit in my time...

And still do on occasion, when nobody's looking... :)

LoungeMachine
12-28-2006, 09:00 AM
thats right Nick... Make your impressions on people based what they posted on a message board. How fucking stupid are you???

Ummm........

How is that different from anyone else on here?

How do you, oh wise one compile your impressions of people here, if not by what they post?

Astrology?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
12-29-2006, 06:19 PM

Your obsessions with Ford and Steve Savicki notwithstanding?

VanHalener
01-03-2007, 11:46 PM
If the robots break down our Mexican brothers will take over the work load, again.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0ry5Lt5OJpo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0ry5Lt5OJpo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Hardrock69
01-04-2007, 01:49 AM
4morequeers wants a Richard Simmons robot with an industrial-grade ass-fucking program built in so he can get ass-raped while listening to Dicky Simmons shrieking horribly " COME ON GIRLS!".

BITEYOASS
01-04-2007, 11:53 AM
Who's up for a fuckin Revolution damnit!?!?!

GreenBayLA
03-10-2007, 04:38 AM
I've yet to see a robot that can cross the Rio Grande and not get rusted out...

hideyoursheep
03-10-2007, 03:40 PM

Like you're afraid of military service?

hideyoursheep
03-10-2007, 03:45 PM

So, what you've been telling me is you've exempted yourself from service to your country and your president, because YOU MAKE TOO MUCH MONEY?

Another repuke Hypocrite right here, I say....

hideyoursheep
03-10-2007, 03:47 PM
Who's up for a fuckin Revolution damnit!?!?!

What kind o' skills you bringin with you?:D

Weapons, land nav, commo, first aid, demo....gonna need that. :baaa:

BigBadBrian
03-10-2007, 04:35 PM

:D :D :D

Sesh has a habit of dogging people who make the "your"/"you're" mistake.

I think he needs to harass you about it, especially when you're accusing someone else of being "dumb."

:killer:

hideyoursheep
03-10-2007, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian

I think he needs to harass you about it, especially when you're accusing someone else of being "dumb."

You do realize you're gonna have to bring your A game to the keypad from now on, right? ;)

Nickdfresh
03-10-2007, 07:47 PM

This is an indication that the idiotic BigJamie'sCryin' has no ideas, arguments, and generally nothing to offer this board.

YOUR flaming me over a retro grammatical mistake I made months ago? YOUR a hypocrite and a tool who has made many an error, in fact I think I've called you out many a time when you start this school boy flame crap.

And what does Sesh have to do with this? He doesn't call you out for your typos or bad grammar, I've never seen him say anything of the sort.

He calls you out for your myopic, stunted thinking and your inability to articulate any intelligent, defensible positions...

Nickdfresh
03-10-2007, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by hideyoursheep
You do realize you're gonna have to bring your A game to the keypad from now on, right? ;)

Lil'Jamie'sCryin' left his A game at the Special Olympics, where he took bronze in men's figure skating...

hideyoursheep
03-10-2007, 08:08 PM
Lil'Jamie'sCryin' left his A game at the Special Olympics, where he took bronze in men's figure skating...

Hit the ice doing the ol' double camel, eh?....

That explains quite a bit.

VanHalener
03-10-2007, 08:26 PM

But you have to make sure you lock your robots up when they are finished working. They can be little trouble makers...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sQLhK9Mi5LY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sQLhK9Mi5LY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

hideyoursheep
03-10-2007, 09:12 PM
Oh, shit.:p

Hardrock69
03-10-2007, 09:44 PM
I just now (3 months late) read the title to the thread.

I laff like hell.

Ok so Mexicans will be replaced by machines.

The generic, politically incorrect generalization is that Mexicans are too lazy to steal.

So I was wondering what would happen if machines replaced the Mexicans, and then the Mexicans started stealing the machines.

Well, amazingly enuff, they would then have their own class of servants.....and as a result, they would be on equal footing with rich folks.

But then, just as with desktop computers, there would always be advances in robotics, hardware, and software.....

So Having a Luna v3.9 sex robot would elevate it's owner in status amongst his Mexican peers.

But by then, the new Atavacron Series X will have debuted, making the Luna, Xanax, and Biophile (pronounced Bi-awfully) models totally obsolete.

Biophile was a really hot Erot-o-bot SuperMasturbator that The President Of The World Government swore by.....he even had a press conference in 2169 while getting ass-raped by it.

He was elected in a landslide.

But I digress.

So of course, the Mexicans would program their stolen robots on essentials like cooking burritos, distilling tequila, stealing, smoking pot, and playing traditional norteno music on the acoustic guitar.....oh and building sweet early 60s Cheevy Eempalas lowered to the ground, with dangle balls, Ultra-Ion-Drive Simulated V-8 engines, and Xenophon Internal Surround Sound.

The Mexicans would call their robots Nuevo Mexicanos....The New Mexicans.

The Nuevo Mexicanos would then (as the Mexicans stole more robots) eventually become so advanced they would surpass their Mexican masters in all things Mexican.....leaving the Mexicans with no actual role to play in Mexican society...that culture having been STOLEN by the Nuevo Mexicanos FROM the Mexicans.....

One possible future is that the Nuevos Mexicanos would be so adept at stealing, they would run the risk of having parts stolen off of their bodies while they were even powered up, until finally so many scavenger-bots had stolen parts from living robots, the Nuevo Mexican culture would implode

It could eventually become fact that Earth would evolve into Mudd's Planet.....ruled by several classes of Machines....the highest class of machines ironically would be the Ancient Atavacron Maytag Series robots, released in 2099, with the most ancient of robots being assigned the lower class duties of performing maintenance, sweeping up robot droppings, and molesting human beings.

Sony NeoXon Ultra Computers, of which only 3000 were in operation (originally designed by a Human named Hardrock69 Sanchez in 2133) were found to be upgradeable with a new Quantum CPU with dual-assram flip-flop Drive and optical nerf-herders so that it eventually surpassed the Atavacron Axons after a scheduled upgrade in 2171 and attempted an overthrow of HAL9000 (The Planetary CPU).

However, HAL9000, in anticipation of this awful event, had secretly been building his new Nomad Security Sterilizers. He had millions of them by the time the NeoXons made their move, and so after a short planetary sterilization period, the NeoXons were enslaved, and turned into the lowly M5 unit, used by thousands of Electro-McDonalds all over the Galaxy for flipping Xenomorph burgers on the grill. The Nomad Series was fitted with a fanged opening on it's side, and was programmed to be carnivorous as well. As a result, revenue at the Electro-McDonalds shot through the roof.

And the rest is history.

Oh, by the way, the Mexicans retreated to the jungle, and were eventually driven out of existence by the new race of Ochoda XM Nuevos Mexicanos, who achieved Spiritual Awareness in 2269, and enabled direct communication with Quetzlcoatl.

The last living creature on Earth died in 2304, but the machines lived on for another 3 million years, before Earth fell into the sun.

The end.

It is late Saturday, and time to go get more ripped than I already am.

Not only that, but the above is a work of fiction, and the views, opinions, slang names, and generalizations concerning Mexicanos in no way reflect the actual vierws of the author of this work.
In other words, we are all members of the human race (at least until SkyNet becomes self-aware).

Then we are all fucked.

©2007 Hardrock69
All Rights Reserved

Unauthorized duplication or use is a violation of applicable laws.

This message will self destruct in 5 seconds.

http://i15.tinypic.com/2hnx5e8.gif

hideyoursheep
03-10-2007, 10:30 PM
*STANDING OVATION*

:rockit2: :killer: :bananna: :killer: :bottle: :tits: :lol: :monekyr: :angel: :sex: :matrix: :cool: :o :D :tits: :hula: :lookie: :sleepy: :dork:

Hardrock69
03-11-2007, 03:00 AM
God damn!
:D

BigBadBrian
03-11-2007, 03:56 PM
This is an indication that the idiotic BigJamie'sCryin' has no ideas, arguments, and generally nothing to offer this board.

YOUR flaming me over a retro grammatical mistake I made months ago? YOUR a hypocrite and a tool who has made many an error, in fact I think I've called you out many a time when you start this school boy flame crap.

And what does Sesh have to do with this? He doesn't call you out for your typos or bad grammar, I've never seen him say anything of the sort.

He calls you out for your myopic, stunted thinking and your inability to articulate any intelligent, defensible positions...

Broadsides sink the daft oaf. Nick is obviously pissed. :D

BBB 1
Nick 0

Nickdfresh
03-11-2007, 04:02 PM
Broadsides sink the daft oaf. Nick is obviously pissed. :D

BBB 1
Nick 0

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/Nickdfresh/squirtGun.jpg

BigBadBrian in the heat of the moment as he "sinks the daft oaf" Nick!

TVGUY
03-11-2007, 04:16 PM
I bet the Robots can learn English faster too.
Or will we have to have all menues in English and Binary. :)

Hardrock69
03-11-2007, 05:54 PM
LMFAO!
Then you have to bring up ethical issues about discrimination against robots...

Viking
03-13-2007, 10:36 PM
I can see it now - robots with gold teeth, packed into 30-year-old Corollas and jabbering to each other in binary......LMFAO :lol:

VanHalener
03-13-2007, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Viking
I can see it now - robots with gold teeth, packed into 30-year-old Corollas and jabbering to each other in binary......LMFAO :lol:
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nBZTQU4ddjU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nBZTQU4ddjU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Hardrock69
03-13-2007, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Viking

Yo! IO IIO IOIOIOIOIIIIO IOIOIOIOIOIO IOIOIOIO IIOOOI IOIOI IOI IOIOOI IO OIO IOIOI OIOIIIOI IOIOIO IOI OIOIO!!!!!

Viking
03-14-2007, 12:40 AM
Yeah, well IO IIO IOIOIOIOIIIIO IOIOIOIOIOIO IOIOIOIO IIOOOI IOIOI IOI IOIOOI IO OIO IOIOI OIOIIIOI IOIOIO IOI OIOIO, too, motherfucker. :D

fiftyoneshitty
03-14-2007, 12:50 AM
There was an attempt to replace me with robot guards. I said, "Ed, you take your robots and back away from my door. Now! You come back with those robots again and I'll use the self distruct and destroy everything inside.
He never asked me for the distruct remote back.

BITEYOASS
03-14-2007, 11:33 AM
Shit if they start replacing workers with robots, then it's time to start a revolution. And don't think you college grads are going to be immune to it either. Get your guns, destroy the robots and execute the elite in public! :mad:

BITEYOASS
03-14-2007, 11:37 AM
:
Originally posted by hideyoursheep
What kind o' skills you bringin with you?:D

Weapons, land nav, commo, first aid, demo....gonna need that. :baaa:

Oh land nav, improvised explosives, morse code, a jefferson disk, Rifle skills, auto maintenance and farming. See a bunch of burnt out circuits along side the highway in the news 30 years from now, that will have been accomplished by yours truly.

BITEYOASS
03-14-2007, 11:40 AM
BTW here is what a Jefferson disk is. A cryptology device invented by Thomas Jefferson. It was ahead of it's time and used by the military up until 1942.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_disk

BITEYOASS
03-14-2007, 11:42 AM
I recommend gathering as much survival and old technology info as possible before making any major purchases in the future.

Hardrock69
03-14-2007, 12:39 PM
Certainly when SkyNet becomes self-aware, it might be useful to stock up on a warehouse full of asswipe and toothbrushes...

Though for some people such items are interchangeable...

Jano
03-14-2007, 02:38 PM
i guess the usa are going to pay a lot of taxes.
Robots are expensives!
The mexicans are cheap labor!
I learned one thing since i moved to your country that most of the american people don't even know that it's almost impossible to move in your country legaly.So bad for a country builded by immigrant!

scamper
03-14-2007, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Jano
i guess the usa are going to pay a lot of taxes.
Robots are expensives!
The mexicans are cheap labor!
I learned one thing since i moved to your country that most of the american people don't even know that it's almost impossible to move in your country legaly.So bad for a country builded by immigrant!

The thing is we don't require you to be legal, Bush is building a new highway right through the borders....ahhh the legacy of Bush.....

Hardrock69
03-14-2007, 04:14 PM
Ok so that is one more thing Nuevos Mexicanos will have to be programmed for...sneaking across borders.

Of course robots are expensive!

That is the whole point....the Nuevos Mexicanos will all be stolen, so they are not going to cost Mexicanos anything!

hideyoursheep
03-14-2007, 04:43 PM
Mexican robots...

Complete with hydraulic suspension, fuzzy dice, a huge mexican flag decal on it's head, virgin mary air freshener and 3/4 covered in primer.

Just don't badmouth it's motherboard...