PDA

View Full Version : Okay...Do You think NOW We need a Tournament

Unchainme
12-24-2006, 02:41 PM
Wow..I know that people always say that bowls have prestige and all this shit...But give me a Fucking Break! I was watching Papajohns.com Bowl on espn and hardly anyone was at that game. The Seats were empty. And then I flip on the TV to see they Have NEW MEXICO BOWL!? WTF?

I honestly don't see why someone couldn't just do a 16 team tourney, take all the Conference Champions and the top 5 non-conference championship teams and have them play for the Nat'l Title. and then like College Basketball, keep the other bowls like the Alamo and Liberty Bowl, set up separtly for post season play.

Anyone else agree College Football needs a Playoff instead of more meaningless bowl games?

POJO_Risin
12-24-2006, 02:46 PM
If you argue meaningless bowl games...I don't have a defense...yet..

;)

DrMaddVibe
12-25-2006, 12:06 PM
We've ALWAYS needed a tournament!

2 men enter...1 man leaves!

SA ME WHO
12-25-2006, 12:33 PM
Until the bigwigs in charge feel the financial crunch (or see repeated data that they'll make as much, if not more money, on a playoff), it won't happen.

All bowls do is keep the BIG sponsors happy and the people in charge are rewarded for that, I'm sure. And it creates more competition for the sponsorship role. Which, makes all the top bowls and top schools in the green, which is why we're still in the antiquated bowl system in the first place.

Little Texan
12-26-2006, 12:38 AM
Why are there so many fucking bowls nowdays? It seems they add a few more every year, and these bowls are so watered down with teams playing that don't even deserve to be in a bowl game! How many bowls are there? It seems as if there are a 100 bowls now.

POJO_Risin
12-27-2006, 12:38 PM
There's 31 I think?...or thereabouts...

think about it...62 teams in a bowl...

that's nearly the 65 in the hoops tourney...with what...1/3 the total teams?

diamondD
01-04-2007, 01:06 PM
One of the biggest problems with a playoff system is the common fanbase gets screwed. It's hard enough to try to go to the SEC Championship game and a bowl game like Orlando in a short time like the Hogs did. You add a couple more games to that and the average fan can't afford to go.