PDA

View Full Version : The World's most expensive Christmas gifts.

WARF
12-25-2006, 12:15 PM
http://images.forbes.com/images/2001/11/05/vow_415x230.jpg

The world's most expensive car is up for sale. And whether or not you think it's worth the estimated $10 million asking price, it's no doubt exceedingly rare, beautiful and--like many follies in automotive history--a triumph of hubris over reason.

This Bugatti Type 41 Royale was the brainchild of Ettore Bugatti--and also a hugely expensive misstep in the history of his firm. In the 1920s, Bugatti was expecting to get a contract from the French military to build 16-cylinder aircraft engines. The contract never materialized, but Bugatti felt he could use half that engine, a straight eight, to form one of the most amazing luxury cars in history.

The Type 41 Royale engine had massive displacement: 12.7 liters, or over 700 cubic inches, roughly twice the size of most of the largest production V-8s that would be built by Detroit four decades later. This is still the largest engine of any car to be sold privately.

Equally massive was the 15-foot wheelbase which, when bodied, stood about five feet tall at the hood alone. The car was incredibly imposing, whether in limousine or coupe form. Unfortunately, however, nobody could afford them--production began right at the start of the Great Depression.

Shit dude... I can't afford that! lol

Wait... maybe I can afford this...

The PHOENIX 1000 :D

http://cache.gizmodo.com/images/2006/05/submarine_ussubs.jpg

The Phoenix 1000 is a 65-meter (213') personal luxury submarine. The initial design was originally executed for a client and now awaits a buyer. As proposed, the submarine would constitute the single largest private undersea vehicle ever built, and arguably, one of the most significant personal transportation devices of the century.

A Luxurious Undersea Vehicle

This design, which we have named the Phoenix 1000, has more than ample space. The total interior area of the submarine is in excess of 460 square meters (5000 square feet). The significant volume, coupled with very large acrylic viewports, and the potential for relatively large open spaces, results in a vehicle as luxurious as the finest of motor yachts.

Clearly, the Phoenix provides its owner with substantially more capability than a simple yacht - the opportunity to explore the depths of the world's oceans in perfect comfort and safety. The Phoenix is capable of making trans-Atlantic crossings at 16 knots yet can dive along the route and explore the continental margins of some of the most fascinating waters on earth. And unlike surface yachts, when the water gets rough, the submarine can submerge into a perfectly smooth and quiet environment, continuing on toward its destination, providing a ride unsurpassed in quality-unequaled by the finest motor coach or the most luxurious executive aircraft.

The Size Advantage
At 65-meters (213 feet) in overall length, and with a beam in excess of 8 meters (26 feet), the Phoenix is a vehicle of formidable size. Yet despite its 1500-ton displacement, the submarine is quite streamlined. Given the significant waterplane area and ample internal volume, which allows for greater battery storage, the Phoenix will out-perform smaller counterparts in surface speed, submerged speed and submerged endurance. The large pressure hull diameter allows for very large acrylic viewports, making the undersea viewing capability truly extraordinary. The interior space, with the noted absence of structural bulkheads, provides for tremendous versatility in interior layout and space planning. And finally, the Phoenix's large size coupled with its integrated roll stabilization system makes surface transit quite comfortable in all but the worst conditions.

A Walk Through the Phoenix
Join us as we examine the physical spaces of the Phoenix 1000.

Flying Bridge
The uppermost level of the vessel is the flying bridge. This area is similar to its equivalent area on most yachts, with the exception of the fact that the materials selected are subject to immersion in water. Ample space exists for lounging, and cushions may be brought up from the area below. The flying bridge also houses the pressure-compensated radar radome, GPS antennae and satellite communications radome, as well as radio aerials, running lights, etc. A remote steering station is also available.

Deck Saloon
Immediately below the flying bridge and accessible through a large hydraulically operated hatch and a stairway, is the deck saloon. As proposed, this area would be composed of structural acrylic cylindrical sections 2.1 meters (7') in diameter and 20 centimeters (8") in thickness. The overall length of the deck saloon pressure hull would be 12 meters.

The deck saloon would have a comfortably appointed interior and would boast an incredible view for observation, both on the surface and when submerged. By fitting transparent sections into the deck of the flying bridge, a view above can be enjoyed as well.

In the forward portion of the saloon is the surface bridge. This area contains all the necessary control, monitoring and navigation equipment to operate the submarine in the surfaced condition. The captain has a hemispherical sector acrylic viewport immediately in front, with the transparent cylindrical walls to either side.

The aft portion of the saloon has a large acrylic window, providing a view astern that also acts as a large hydraulically operated hatch. A small automobile could be kept in the aft section if desired.

Superstructure
The superstructure itself is composed principally of aluminum (or FRP if the owner prefers), and it houses the deck saloon pressure vessel and also provides the structural base for the flying bridge. There is a large degree of latitude possible with regard to the styling of the structure, with the caveat that its hydrodynamic efficiency will have a significant effect on the submerged speed of the submarine.

Aft of the deck saloon is a covered space that can be either fully or partially enclosed. The greater the degree of closure to the after portion of the structure, the less turbulence and the more hydromdynamic efficiency. Hydraulically actuated after doors could be designed to open, allowing fresh air to circulate. The area would be excellent for covered, informal, deck- level dining.

Docking Minisub
Aft of the superstructure, or optionally, above the control cabin on the bow, is an area for a docking minisub. Utilizing a special docking collar, this vehicle is capable of leaving the Phoenix while submerged and making excursions down to 610 meters (2000 feet). With both top and bottom hatches, the minisub could also bring passengers from the surface to the submarine lying at depth. The minisub could be designed to hold between two and eight passengers, depending upon the owner's preferences. Additionally, in the unlikely event of an emergency at depth, the minisub could be used to take passengers and crew to the surface.

Forward Control Room
The forward control room is entered from the main deck through a watertight, pressure-proof door. The control room has a 2.4 meter (8') diameter hemispherical sector acrylic viewport forward and three 1.8 meter (6') diameter viewports on either side, with the foremost pair angled slightly forward.

The control room contains all of the control and navigation equipment necessary to operate the submarine while submerged. The 8 meter x 4 meter (26' x 13') area contains sufficient space to fit comfortable lounge chairs for passenger observation while underway.

Main Passenger Areas
The main passenger area consists of two decks, each 31 meters (102') long and 6 meters (20') wide. The upper deck is accessed from one of two hatches, either from the deck saloon or from a hatch to the after portion of the superstructure. Two stairways, one in the center of the deck, the other in the after section, lead to the lower deck.

The upper deck is intended to provide space for an engineering workstation, a switch and contactor room, crew cabins and mess, as well as the galley. The forward portion, which ends at a bulkhead, is designed as a room of the owner's choosing.

The main deck is situated such that the forward portion, with eight 1.8 meter (6') diameter acrylic windows, contains the living and dining areas, while the section aft of the beam houses the owner's stateroom and guest cabins. Five viewports, 90 centimeters (35") in diameter, are situated on both port and starboard sides.

Below the passenger area is the battery compartment and bilge. A narrow manway allows access through the compartment for battery maintenance.

Engine Room
The engine room is accessed through doors at the after portion of both passenger decks. The space contains the majority of the equipment necessary for the submarine's operation, including the main diesels, motor generators, drive systems, air compressors, hydraulic aggregates and life support systems. The upper level of the engine space provides access to the minisub, and in the stern section, to a diver lock-out chamber. The bottom level allows maintenance of the main engines and related components.

Diver Lock-out Chamber
A spherical diver lock-out chamber, 2.4 meters (8') in diameter is fitted above the shafts and attached to the aftermost section of the pressure hull. The chamber allows a diver to enter or exit the submarine from the area between the shafts at depths of up to 45 meters (150'). The chamber can be fitted with decompression capability if required.

Commercial Opportunities
The Phoenix would be suitable for use as an exclusive submarine cruise ship or as a charter yacht.

The estimated price of the Phoenix is $78 million.

Yikes....
Maybe Bill Gates can afford that.
The richest man in the world...
But did you know that the richest man in the world...
Could be worth less than a homeless man underneath a bridge right now?
Because the greatest gift of all.... is absolutely free...
So instead of wanting lots of money... cars... expensive houses...
Store your treasures for eternity... where nobody can take them away.
Yeah... Bill Gates may be worth billions... but one day he will be dead...
and he will be worth nothing! Receive the greatest gift of all.... The gift that Jesus Died on the cross to forgive us all for our sins! I said awhile ago... that everyone here is going to heaven. That is the truth. But not all of us will stay there. The question remains... where do you wanna spend the rest of your life.... with the LIVING GOD that loves you... or SATAN the liar... who hates you?

Matthew 12:30 god says

"Those who aren't for ME, are against me".

So god loves us... but if your against him...
Well... then he is against you...
Sounds pretty fair to me...
If I created everyone... and they rejected me...
and said "fuck you" to me...
I would not want them to live with me forever...

The good news is... we will ALL live forever...
The bad news is... some of us will live with the other dude....
Who lives in the fire... and has horns on his heads!! (Nope, Not Eddie Van Halen... but close...)

So who do you choose?
Jesus The Truth.... the one who loves you?
Or Satan the liar... who hates you?

Accept your free gift from god....
Say this... and you will live forever with god...

Dear Jesus, thank you for making me and loving me even when I ignore you and go my own way. I realize I need you in my life and admit I have sinned against you. I ask you right now to forgive me of my sins. Thank you for dying on the cross for me personally. Please help me understand more your love for me. As much as I know how, I want to follow you from now on. Please enter my life and make me a new person inside. I accept your free gift of salvation and eternal life. Now, please help me to grow as a new child of God. AMEN.

Wow.
That was easy...
Now you are no longer dead.
You have a new life with Jesus Christ.
You see you need more that just to "believe"
Satan believes that Jesus is god too...
But he's not going to heaven...
I challenge anyone here to accept him...
And have a relationship with him...
And finally understand the real meaning of christmas!
The gift of eternal life and happiness forever!
Amen!!

WARF
12-25-2006, 12:53 PM
That was god's gift...

here's my gift....

Ahhhhh yes....

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jo-V7gMdCbQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jo-V7gMdCbQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

WARF
12-25-2006, 12:58 PM
got myself a brand new oakland scarf right herrrrrre....

:D

WARF
12-25-2006, 01:04 PM
I forgot Ed used to smile back in the day...

shit... I wish It was 1981...

I was 5 back then...

But damn... imagine being able to get drunk at a classic Van Halen concert... some of you bastards experienced that... lol

Diamondjimi
12-27-2006, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by WARF

But damn... imagine being able to get drunk at a classic Van Halen concert... some of you bastards experienced that... lol

Ahh, the good 'ol days. I count myself a lucky old fart!:D

flappo
12-27-2006, 02:41 PM
i'd like to buy george best's liver

it's bound to be in better fuckin nick than mine

:)