PDA

View Full Version : Do you agree with hanging and capital punishment in general?

Mr Badguy
12-30-2006, 05:58 AM
This is a good time to start this topic seeing as they`ve just hung Saddam Hussien.

In the western world capital punishment is PC no no.

However, I`m of the view that the world should be rid of bastards who rape, murder, abuse children, beat up pensioners etc. all the way up to despots like Hussien.

I`m only surprised they hung him so quickly without the usual liberal minded bullshit of appeals and cries of humanity.

Kill these bastards so that they can`t offend again and it also takes them off the tax payers bill.

Dan
12-30-2006, 06:19 AM
Bring Back hanging in New Zealand.

BigBadBrian
12-30-2006, 06:36 AM
Hang 'em High!!!!

Seshmeister
12-30-2006, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
This is a good time to start this topic seeing as they`ve just hung Saddam Hussien.

However, I`m of the view that the world should be rid of bastards who rape, murder, abuse children, beat up pensioners etc. all the way up to despots like Hussien.

I`m only surprised they hung him so quickly without the usual liberal minded bullshit of appeals and cries of humanity.

Kill these bastards so that they can`t offend again and it also takes them off the tax payers bill.

How many mistakes are you happy with?

100 a year? 50 a year? 10 a year?

There will be mistakes.

Nickdfresh
12-30-2006, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister

There will be mistakes.

Some "mistakes" are semi-intentional...

They ended the death penalty in Illinois (http://archives.cnn.com/2000/US/01/31/illinois.executions.02/) because prosecutors were knowingly sending innocent men to their deaths (The Chicago Sun Times did a whole exposé (http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4155/is_20030626/ai_n12507498) on it). Isn't that murder?

blonddgirl777
12-30-2006, 07:56 AM

There will be mistakes.

And there has been...

We are currently re-opening a case that happened in the 60's... the last execution in this province...
There have always been doubts and now, they will aparently prove that the guy was innocent...

It's gonna be ugly! :(

Recently, we have 2 prisoners sentenced to life that got released...
The 2 where just proven inocent! :(

blonddgirl777
12-30-2006, 08:02 AM
I am generaly against death penalty...
"Killing someone to prove that killing is bad" :confused:

But now, I am all for and happy about Hussein's execution...

When a pedophile kidnaps some kids, tortures them for days and ends up killing them... starts over again and again when released from detention...
I want him dead, eliminated, burning in hell!

Although, being executed might not be THE ultimate punishment...
How do we know :confused:

I can't make up my mind on that one... :confused:

BITEYOASS
12-30-2006, 08:13 AM
It depends on the situation, if it's a muder involving cannibalism, necrophelia, multiple murders of innocent people and murders related to treason, then there should be a death penalty. But if it's one criminal killing another criminal (i.e. drug dealer killing a child molestor), a significant other kiling their husband/wife in bed with someone else then they should just get life.

Seshmeister
12-30-2006, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Some "mistakes" are semi-intentional...

They ended the death penalty in Illinois (http://archives.cnn.com/2000/US/01/31/illinois.executions.02/) because prosecutors were knowingly sending innocent men to their deaths (The Chicago Sun Times did a whole exposé (http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4155/is_20030626/ai_n12507498) on it). Isn't that murder?

Not to mention cops setting people up.

I've been a police witness to a couple of times and both times the cops started feeding me lines for my statement like 'so you say the guy was wearing a yellow Nike jacket with a green stripe going down the arm and a small hole in the elbow?' 'No, I said all I saw was a light colored jacket.'

That kind of thing, constantly trying to make my evidence fit their suspect better. This is for a bag snatch with no violence, fuck knows what they are like with serious shit when they are under pressure to get their figures up.

Cheers!

:gulp:

FORD
12-30-2006, 05:12 PM
I have mixed feelings about the death penalty. I could support it being used for murderers, rapists, pedophiles, and treasonous war criminals, but ONLY in cases where absolute guilt has been proven.

It would have to be on a case by case basis. I would rather see someone rehabilitated and eventually become a productive member of society if it is at all possible. The Bible thumping right wingers will have to admit that many of God's chosen representatives, such as Moses, David, and Paul, were all reformed murderers.

So obviously God believes some hardened criminals are not beyond redemption.

But as for those which clearly ARE, then why not put them down like you would any other rabid animal.

Keef
12-30-2006, 06:19 PM

Throw those bastards you described in the clink for the duration. We can make a lot of room by stopping this war on some" drugs".

Seshmeister
12-30-2006, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
It depends on the situation, if it's a muder involving cannibalism, necrophelia,

What's your hangup about dead bodies?

Just curious.

blonddgirl777
12-30-2006, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by FORD
I have mixed feelings about the death penalty. I could support it being used for murderers, rapists, pedophiles, and treasonous war criminals, but ONLY in cases where absolute guilt has been proven.

It would have to be on a case by case basis. I would rather see someone rehabilitated and eventually become a productive member of society if it is at all possible. The Bible thumping right wingers will have to admit that many of God's chosen representatives, such as Moses, David, and Paul, were all reformed murderers.

So obviously God believes some hardened criminals are not beyond redemption.

But as for those which clearly ARE, then why not put them down like you would any other rabid animal.

That's exactly how I think but the big problem would be where to draw the line (between rehabilitable or not)...

It already is, when it's time to give a prison sentence...

It would probably still boil down to how much money one can spend on a lawyer?

indeedido
12-30-2006, 08:50 PM
An eye for an eye. A tooth for a tooth....

FORD
12-30-2006, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by indeedido
An eye for an eye. A tooth for a tooth....

If that's your standard, than the Iraqis are going to be demanding about 647,000 more eyes and teeth.

pflo
12-30-2006, 10:34 PM
I used to be for it and laughed at the pro lifers, but over the years I can see its wrong.If you take the hammurabi law of" an eye for an eye" the circle of violence never ends. By that logic the people who hung him should then be hanged, see? Its a flawed concept. i dont agree with the COST of incarceration as it is today, it is outrageous! I say , lock the fuckers up in GENERAL population for life and let the homeys sort out who lives. Remenber Dahmer? Then the blood is on their hands , not ours. Bush the idiot always spews his "I am for a culture of life" yet he signed off on executions in Texas a governor and bombed a shitload of Iraqi civilians, fuckin hippocrate. ANYWAY, incarceration could be done for 10 bucks a day, not 80 to over 100 as it is now. Just watched the hanging,I think everyone should see it , or see a real hanging before they can judge if its ethical. Just like going to the slaughterhouse before you order the happy meal. I think its not in our hands to kill, whether its an innocent OR guilty. Killing is killing.Its not our call.

Dave84
12-30-2006, 10:47 PM
We can all agree that Sammy Hagar should be executed for his mass destruction of the greatest American rock band. Happy New Year to all

BITEYOASS
12-31-2006, 10:51 AM
What's your hangup about dead bodies?

Just curious.

Well since FORD mentioned absolute guilt, these two acts I have mentioned previously have a tendency to prove absolute guilt--since the perpetrator always will have limbs from the victim's corpse around his/her house (i.e. Jeffrey Dalmer and John Wayne Gacey).

BITEYOASS
12-31-2006, 10:55 AM
Whereas if it were a killing involving a single stab or gunshot due to some shady business dealing, then the evidence would be questionable on the grounds of which suspect commited the crime.

ppg960
01-03-2007, 12:08 AM
Only when guilt is proven 100%. I agree, mistakes can happen.
People like Saddam, Charlie Manson and profiles like that should be executed.
There is no room in our society for people like that.

VanHalener
01-03-2007, 09:06 AM
Don't do the crime if you can't do the time...

There are a couple of evil people out there I would kill if the law would allow it. Some people deserve to die for what they have done and what they plot to do to others. Hang em high!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wQeVIJ8e_z8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wQeVIJ8e_z8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

knuckleboner
01-03-2007, 10:11 AM
bleeding heart pussy, here.

the state shouldn't be in the business of revenge.

Anonymous
01-03-2007, 10:21 AM
beat up pensioners etc.

What if they ask you to beat 'em up while you'rte having sex with them? Matured women can be naughty like that, you know.

Just saying.

Cheers! :bottle:

binnie
01-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Yes there would be mistakes, yes there would be deliberate set ups (murder by any other means), and yes there is the whole issue of does it make the state as bad as the person who is executed.

But so what, i'm against the death penalty for another reason: it's not punishment enough.

A quick death doesn't make murderers, rapists, child abusers and tyrants suffer enough.

Let them sit and rot. I'm talkin no chance of release, parole for offenders of that category, and no chance of TV, computer, education whilst in prison.

I can't imagine anything worse than 23 hours a day, every day in an 8 by 8 for the rest of your life.

Being anti-execution doesn't make you a pussy do-gooder: my way allows the state to have the moral high ground and the offender to exist, but not actually be alive.

ULTRAMAN VH
01-03-2007, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by binnie
Yes there would be mistakes, yes there would be deliberate set ups (murder by any other means), and yes there is the whole issue of does it make the state as bad as the person who is executed.

But so what, i'm against the death penalty for another reason: it's not punishment enough.

A quick death doesn't make murderers, rapists, child abusers and tyrants suffer enough.

Let them sit and rot. I'm talkin no chance of release, parole for offenders of that category, and no chance of TV, computer, education whilst in prison.

I can't imagine anything worse than 23 hours a day, every day in an 8 by 8 for the rest of your life.

Being anti-execution doesn't make you a pussy do-gooder: my way allows the state to have the moral high ground and the offender to exist, but not actually be alive.

And just out of curiosity, how do you punish a person doing a life sentence, who decided to murder a prison officer??? As far as no TV, computer or education, forget it. Criminals today have more rights than their victims. They get to read, play video games, lift weights, play basket ball and even have ice cream socials.

Nitro Express
01-04-2007, 03:35 AM
I have no problem executing murderers. You can't give a person's life back. Harsh capital punishment makes people think twice about commiting murder. Why should society pay to lock people up for the rest of their lives?

The only problem I have is I sure would hate some innocent person get executed because of mistaken identity.

ppg960
01-06-2007, 12:34 PM
Yes, Yes and Fucking Rights!!

blonddgirl777
01-07-2007, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
... The only problem I have is I sure would hate some innocent person get executed because of mistaken identity.

Just last week, a man was released for being found not guilty... after 4 years in prison.

He had been sentenced to life for 1st degree murder...
He could have died for nothing!

Can we afford those mistakes?