PDA

View Full Version : I am doing it right..paying my respects

Hardrock69
12-31-2006, 02:18 AM
Listening to the Godfather Of Soul while I have the arrival of Gerald R. Ford at the Rotunda in the Capitol building on CSPAN right now.

Beats the shit out of that fucking Naval Choral music they had going on a moment ago.

JB was MUCH more influential than Ford overall though.....he has influenced millions of people all over the world for 50 years.

Ford was a nobody Representative in Congress for a long period of time, and got to be President for a little while at the end.

Then he got to go live in retirement for the rest of his days.

No more falling down the staircase for him.
:(

Is it just me or are all the assholes in power in DC way the fuck over 60 years old?

Jesus Christ....the crowd of people in that rotunda right now listening to "Snake" Cheney deliver a bullshit statement are so fucking old they must be breathing enough dust they are making a contributing factor in the night's air pollution readings.

There was probably a run on Geritol and Depends in stores around D.C. tonight....they are having to stand for long periods of time....it is a wonder some other rich politicians or political sychophants standing there have not fallen over dead from the stress......

WHERE IN THE FUCK IS the monkey?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Does the President disrespect a former president so much that he ignores the entire ceremony?

What a crock of shit!

Maybe he figures he will have his own ceremony tomorrow or some shit so he can try to appear to the public as if he gives a flying fuck.....that is the only possible reason he could have to do something like this.

Let's see if he makes a fucking photo-op out of Gerald R. Ford's death.

I wouldn't put it past the monkey. it has limited intelligence ya know.
:rolleyes:

What a contrast...the Almighty Godfather Of Soul's funeral was more joyous.

CNN just now showed Bootsy Collins and a bunch of other musicians on a stage jamming, and JB was laying out right in front of the stage with his casket open.

And hundereds of people in the venue.

What a bizarre night this has been....

sadaist
12-31-2006, 02:46 AM
I never understood how the military guys can stand around the coffin so fucking motionless. Don't they ever get an itch or have to sneeze? I know many people faint when standing straight for a long period of time. Those guys are fucking amazing.

Warham
12-31-2006, 10:15 AM
Hardrock,

Did you ever think the reason Bush wasn't there was not to distract from Ford's funeral? If my memory is correct, Bush wasn't at Reagan's state funeral either. I believe the same goes for Clinton back at Nixon's 1994 funeral.

Carter, Clinton and Bush the elder weren't there last night either.

Hardrock69
12-31-2006, 02:03 PM
Perhaps they are waiting for the final burial in Michigan to pay their respects. But Carter, Clinton, and Bush Sr. are not the current president.
If I were the monkey, I woulda been there last night to show respect.

But respect for his predecesors is the farthest thing from the monkey's mind.

One of the few times I ever saw a President in person was back in the 60s when I was at Eisenhower's funeral, and Nixon rode by in a limo just 20 feet away from where I was standing.