PDA

View Full Version : Bush Ranch Buzzed by Small Aircraft

LoungeMachine
01-01-2007, 05:09 PM
Plane violates airspace over President Bush's ranch
Mon Jan 1, 2007 3:17pm ET

UWASHINGTON (Reuters) - A small airplane twice flew into restricted airspace above President George W. Bush's Texas ranch in what the Secret Service decided was an inadvertent violation, a Secret Service spokeswoman said on Monday.

The spokeswoman said the incident began about 11:30 p.m. (12:30 a.m. EST/0430 GMT) on Sunday night while the president and his wife were at the ranch near Crawford, Texas.

A spokesman for the North American Aerospace Defense Command, or NORAD, said fighter jets were scrambled and intercepted the airplane on its second incursion. The pilot voluntarily landed at a nearby airport, the NORAD official said.

The pilot was interviewed by the Secret Service afterward and a decision was made that it was "an inadvertent violation," the spokeswoman said.

FORD
01-01-2007, 05:50 PM
So let me get this straight.......

On 9-11-2001, Four Boeing passenger jets get hijacked and they can't get planes in the air for a FUCKING HOUR (by which time it's too late)

But when someone accidentally enters Chimpy's "airspace" they are forced out of the sky by NORAD within minutes??

BTW, since when does a privately owned ranch have its own "airspace" anyhow??

Nickdfresh
01-01-2007, 07:06 PM
So, you still think gov't incompetence is still a conspiracy Ford?

frets5150
01-01-2007, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Plane violates airspace over President Bush's ranch
Mon Jan 1, 2007 3:17pm ET
A spokesman for the North American Aerospace Defense Command, or NORAD, said fighter jets were scrambled and intercepted the airplane on its second incursion.

Funny how no fighter jets were scrambled To the Towers on 9-11. Only to a little ranch in Texas.:rolleyes:

bueno bob
01-01-2007, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by frets5150
Funny how no fighter jets were scrambled To the Towers on 9-11. Only to a little ranch in Texas.:rolleyes:

Hey, Bush has his priorities, you know...and he's always more than willing to let us all know what's NOT a priority, so...

No surprise here...

FORD
01-01-2007, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
So, you still think gov't incompetence is still a conspiracy Ford?

I don't think it was incompetence at all. They managed to scramble jets into the air before 9-11 when Payne Stewart's Lear jet was way off course. And they managed to do it now when someone was flying over middle of nowhere Texas where the Dumbest Son Of A Bitch On The Planet just coincidentally happens to have a house. But they couldn't get a single plane into the air on that day even AFTER one of the hijacked jets had slammed into a goddamned skyscraper.

That's too selective to be incompetence. Or a mere coincidence for that matter.

Isaac R.
01-01-2007, 09:33 PM
Charming naivete there.
Almost as much here...

Originally posted by FORD

BTW, since when does a privately owned ranch have its own "airspace" anyhow??

frets5150
01-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Isaac R.
Charming naivete there.
Almost as much here...

Fool :rolleyes:

Isaac R.
01-01-2007, 09:48 PM
Fool :rolleyes:
How so?
Elaborate.

frets5150
01-01-2007, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Isaac R.
How so?
Elaborate.

Elaborate?

Read all the Frontline posts on 9-11 I don't have time 2 explain the obvious with someone who has 25 posts.That is all :rolleyes:

knuckleboner
01-02-2007, 10:51 AM
Elaborate?

Read all the Frontline posts on 9-11 I don't have time 2 explain the obvious with someone who has 25 posts.That is all :rolleyes:

uh, dude, not all of the posts on 9/11 here agree with the conspriacy theories.

especially ones that would have me believe that the U.S. either flew the planes themselves, or at least could've stopped the planes, but didn't. except they did stop 1, but they said they didn't.

i find that concept just slightly harder to believe than the notion that after 9/11, the U.S. wouldn't change the way it tracked airplanes inside the U.S....

(and FYI, here's a report that says it took just about 90 minutes for the air force planes to make contact with payne stewart's plane. link (http://www.cooperativeresearch.org/entity.jsp?id=1521846767-4906). according to a conspiracy theory website, the total time from the takeoff of the 1st plane on 9/11 until the crash of the last plane in pennsylvania was 2 hours, 6 minutes. link (http://www.911timeline.net/))

frets5150
01-02-2007, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner

i find that concept just slightly harder to believe than the notion that after 9/11, the U.S. wouldn't change the way it tracked airplanes inside the U.S....

Really who tracked Yankees pitcher Cory Lidle plane before it slammed into a building in Manhattan? Nothing has changed But they knew how to track a plane that was flying over a little ranch in Texas.

:rolleyes:

As far as the conspriacy theories I'm not getting into a pissing match with anyone anymore the truth will come out about that.

knuckleboner
01-02-2007, 01:23 PM
Really who tracked Yankees pitcher Cory Lidle plane before it slammed into a building in Manhattan? Nothing has changed But they knew how to track a plane that was flying over a little ranch in Texas.

lidle's plane was captured on radar, however because it didn't fly very far off course before hitting the building, the authorities had almost no time to react. cnn.com (http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/10/12/plane.crash/index.html)

but yes, i'd agree that the feds have different levels of coverage for different targets. so what? if we don't have the resources to cover 100% of the country at once (which we don't) then we should focus on higher profile potential targets. i may or may not like the job he's doing (i don't) but the president should nonetheless be one of those higher profile, more-protected targets.

stringfelowhawk
01-02-2007, 04:35 PM
If only I could invent the "flux capacitor" and find a Delorian, I'd go back and change the course of history so we would never have to deal with this criminal empire that is the Bush Administration.

frets5150
01-02-2007, 06:29 PM
lidle's plane was captured on radar, however because it didn't fly very far off course before hitting the building, the authorities had almost no time to react.

but yes, i'd agree that the feds have different levels of coverage for different targets

Thankyou So you just said to me Chimp comes first Fuck everyone else.So what's more important 3;000 people on 9-11 or 1 dumb chimp in texas?:gulp:

BigBadBrian
01-02-2007, 06:32 PM
Fact: Combat Air Patrol (CAP) was not standard and NORAD didn't really monitor the skies internal to the U.S. before 9/11.

Fact: NORAD scrambled fighters from Langley AFB in Hampton Va during 9/11.

Fact: The President has always had special priority for every type of security. Air space around his location has always has been restricted.

BigBadBrian
01-02-2007, 06:34 PM
Thankyou So you just said to me Chimp comes first Fuck everyone else.So what's more important 3;000 people on 9-11 or 1 dumb chimp in texas?:gulp:

You're so biased and filled with hatred you can't think logically.

You're quite pathetic...little boy.

:gulp:

Guitar Shark
01-02-2007, 06:36 PM

You might want to work on your reading comprehension skills a little, my friend. ;)

BITEYOASS
01-02-2007, 07:04 PM
Where the fuck are the anti-aircraft missles in NYC? Nowhere to be found? Oh, I forgot we don't have enough money for that, since it is being used for fraudulent contractors.

frets5150
01-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
You might want to work on your reading comprehension skills a little, my friend. ;)

My reading comprehension skills are fine my friend.

frets5150
01-02-2007, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
I'm so biased and filled with hatred I can't think logically.

I'm quite a pathetic...little boy.

knuckleboner
01-02-2007, 10:22 PM

eh, i'm not quite sure that i was so callous towards everybody else. but yes, the president's life (whoever he/she may be) IS more important than any 1 individual life. that's why there are quite a few secret service agents willing to take a bullet for bush. accept, they're not doing it for bush. they'd do the same thing for cheney if bush resigned tomorrow. and they'd do the same thing for pelosi if cheney stepped down on thursday after another shotgun incident.

and also, i think your comparison to 3000 people on 9/11 is apples and oranges. the options aren't, a) better protecting the president or b) better protecting EVERYBODY else. that's not possible. the funds that are used to better protect the president might be able to instead better protect a small, rural town or 2, but they ain't covering a metropolitan city like NYC, let alone adding any of the other major regions across the country.

now, i may be a bit biased, but i definitely think the knuckleboner's life is intrinsically more valuable than george w. bush's. but it's not more valuable than the president's. and if bush happens to be president at the time, i ain't going to like it, but if you've gotta save just 1, you save him. (but come 1/19/09, definitely save the knuckleboner...)

frets5150
01-02-2007, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
eh, i'm not quite sure that i was so callous towards everybody else. but yes, the president's life (whoever he/she may be) IS more important than any 1 individual life. that's why there are quite a few secret service agents willing to take a bullet for bush.

So you just said it again Chimp comes first Fuck everyone else.

And no The President's life IS NOT more important than any 1 individual life. :mad:

FORD
01-02-2007, 10:51 PM
Somehow I doubt the BCE was worrying much about the airspace over Dallas on 11-22-63.

In fact a Russian plane flying overhead and dropping a bomb at about 12:30 would have saved them all the trouble of a coverup.

Isaac R.
01-04-2007, 09:09 PM
Elaborate?

Clever.

While I admit that I`ve not had the time to read "all the Frontline posts" dealing with 9/11, I have read quite a few of your posts. Not a lot of insight there. Mostly insults against those who disagree with you, ham-handed attempts at flirting with female members, etc...

Easy enough to call another a "fool". Not so easy to come up with an argument that backs it up.

Seshmeister
01-04-2007, 10:53 PM
The conspiracy theorists are like the religous people.

They blindly find comfort in illogical bullshit because they don't like the alternative that the world is a big scary random place and shit happens.

Anyone that flew on domestic fkights in the US pre 9-11 should know that the security was a fucking joke. Back in the late 90s I talked a few times about it with a relative who was in charge of a UK airport and we couldn't believe how bad it was.

How anyone can think that whilst allowing people to check in from the fucking car park the US government simultaneously was running CAP'a over major cities is just nuts.

Big elbaorate conspiracy theories v. government incompetance?

How can anyone that has ever dealt with the public sector be it city hall, IRS, social or healthcare ever think that for some reason the military are any different?

knuckleboner
01-04-2007, 11:19 PM
So you just said it again Chimp comes first Fuck everyone else.

And no The President's life IS NOT more important than any 1 individual life. :mad:

well, if you wish to simply the importance of continuity of government down to that, then so be it. so then, yes, i support the president (today it's bush) first, fuck everybody else...

Isaac R.
01-05-2007, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
The conspiracy theorists are like the religous people.

They blindly find comfort in illogical bullshit because they don't like the alternative that the world is a big scary random place and shit happens.

Exactly.
I for one have always believed that the Kennedy/Oswald conspiracy nuts simply cannot accept the fact that a simple little nobody managed to murder one of the nations most beloved leaders.

Same principle applies to to those who believe 9/11 was anything other than an attack on America by a group of extremest/fundamentalist wackjobs.
Well funded wackjobs, but wackjobs nonetheless.