PDA

View Full Version : CNN Pulls a FOX, offers apology

LoungeMachine
01-02-2007, 07:59 PM
January 2, 2007

From rawstory.com

A Monday night broadcast of CNN's Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer confused America's "number one enemy" with one of America's most popular senators, RAW STORY has learned. CNN apologized for the error, which came after a series of incidents in recent months in which Illinois Democrat Senator Barack Obama was subtly or directly linked with militant Islamic personalities who have been hostile to the United States.

During a January 1st broadcast of Wolf Blitzer's nightly news program, a pre-commercial preview of the show's next segment included a story on the hunt for Al Qaeda's leadership. Over a photo of Osama Bin Laden and his second-in-command Ayman Al-Zawahiri, Blitzer stated, according to the transcript, "Plus, a new year, but the same mission. Will 2007 bring any new changes in the hunt for Osama bin Laden?"http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/CNN_comments_on_Obama_gaffe_in_0101.htm

LoungeMachine
01-02-2007, 08:05 PM
http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/CNN_comments_on_Obama_gaffe_in_0101.htm

Guitar Shark
01-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
January 2, 2007

From rawstory.com

A Monday night broadcast of CNN's Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer confused America's "number one enemy" with one of America's most popular senators, RAW STORY has learned. CNN apologized for the error, which came after a series of incidents in recent months in which Illinois Democrat Senator Barack Obama was subtly or directly linked with militant Islamic personalities who have been hostile to the United States.

During a January 1st broadcast of Wolf Blitzer's nightly news program, a pre-commercial preview of the show's next segment included a story on the hunt for Al Qaeda's leadership. Over a photo of Osama Bin Laden and his second-in-command Ayman Al-Zawahiri, Blitzer stated, according to the transcript, "Plus, a new year, but the same mission. Will 2007 bring any new changes in the hunt for Osama bin Laden?"

I'm not seeing the error there...

FORD
01-02-2007, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark

How about here?

http://www.rawstory.com/images/new/obamaosama.jpg

This is as bad or worse as when FAUX tried to pass Mark Pedopholey off as a "Democrat". And just as deliberate.

Guitar Shark
01-02-2007, 08:25 PM
Ah, now it makes sense. That sucks. He should change his name already.

FORD
01-02-2007, 08:28 PM
And then there's this, from the asshole Glen Beck, who has a show on CNN.......

http://www.glennbeck.com/picoftheday/10-19-04-pod.jpg

LoungeMachine
01-02-2007, 08:28 PM

I worry for your clients.......;)

Guitar Shark
01-02-2007, 08:43 PM

Ha ha. ;) If you read the text you quoted, there's nothing wrong with it. The first paragraph mentions Obama, but doesn't explain what happened. In the second paragraph, Obama isn't even mentioned.

Does Ted Turner still own CNN?

LoungeMachine
01-02-2007, 08:46 PM
I thought I fixed it by editing in the pic.

Didn't work.

I'm drunk and stoopid. [for anyone's sig]

:gulp:

FORD
01-02-2007, 08:48 PM

Does Ted Turner still own CNN?

Nope. That's why it went to Hell in a handbasket and is now FAUX II.

LoungeMachine
01-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Ted Turner was BCE anyway........

EAT MY ASSHOLE
01-02-2007, 09:01 PM

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

svrwthr
01-02-2007, 09:15 PM
I would vote for Barack Obama if he ran but there is a problem. I keep thinking his name is Osama.

LoungeMachine
01-02-2007, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by svrwthr
I would vote for Barack Obama if he ran but there is a problem. I keep thinking his name is Osama.

You'll love this little factoid.....

His middle name is Hussein

DLR'sCock
01-02-2007, 09:22 PM
Blitzer is a douche, although I do like Dobbs....

FORD
01-02-2007, 09:23 PM
You'll love this little factoid.....

His middle name is Hussein

Which is as common of a name as "John" in certain parts of the world, but you'll never hear that on FAUX or CNN.

Warham
01-03-2007, 07:30 AM
Ted Kennedy can't get his name straight either.

frets5150
01-03-2007, 07:46 AM

Put your glasses on you could never be a spell checker
:D

LoungeMachine
01-03-2007, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Warham
Ted Kennedy can't get his name straight either.

Look who found the Front Line.

Warham
01-03-2007, 03:46 PM
Hello, Lounge. :)

FORD
01-03-2007, 10:15 PM
Yahoo jumps on the slander bandwagon........

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/images/2007-01-03_Obama_Yahoo_1.jpg

LoungeMachine
01-03-2007, 10:53 PM
That can't possibly be real....

Warham
01-03-2007, 11:28 PM
Despite this slander, you didn't really believe he was a legitimate candidate???

Only two years in the Senate, plus he admitted he did cocaine ten years ago. Bill Clinton didn't even inhale, and people gasped back then.

LoungeMachine
01-04-2007, 12:34 AM
Yeah, he's no George Allen

FORD
01-04-2007, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Warham
Despite this slander, you didn't really believe he was a legitimate candidate???

Only two years in the Senate, plus he admitted he did cocaine ten years ago. Bill Clinton didn't even inhale, and people gasped back then.

Cocaine is off the table now, thanks to Chimpy. There's no way in Hell the Repukes would have the balls to bring that up.

Not that I think this is Obama's time. But clearly he scares the Hell out of the corporatists, or they wouldn't be trying to hard to slander him.

Warham
01-04-2007, 12:35 PM
Yeah, he's no George Allen

You're right, he's not. He doesn't have Allen's experience.

Warham
01-04-2007, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Cocaine is off the table now, thanks to Chimpy. There's no way in Hell the Repukes would have the balls to bring that up.

Not that I think this is Obama's time. But clearly he scares the Hell out of the corporatists, or they wouldn't be trying to hard to slander him.

Please, he's being slandered by his own party. CNN's no RNC network.

Clinton's behind this. :)