PDA

View Full Version : Hanging/Tragic

VanHalener
01-04-2007, 08:55 PM
Updated: 3:36 p.m. CT Jan 4, 2007
HOUSTON - A 10-year-old U.S. boy who hanged himself may have been inspired to do it by television coverage of Saddam Hussein’s execution, police said Thursday.

Relatives told police in Webster, Texas, that Sergio Pelico had seen the video of the former Iraqi leader’s hanging and asked about it before the incident Sunday.

“We’re theorizing he tried to experiment or mimic the behavior and it got out of control,” Webster Police Capt. Thomas Claunch said.

Police said the boy apparently went to his room, attached a piece of clothing to a bunk bed and tied it around his neck. Adults and other children were in the house at the time.

“There was nothing to indicate any criminal wrongdoing,” Claunch said. “It appears to be a tragic accident.”
2006 Reuters Limited

What a tragedy! Hopes and prayers to the family....

Tough break kid.:angel: See you in heaven!

Isaac R.
01-04-2007, 10:11 PM
Behold the power of YouTube.

There will be five more of these by months end.
All with the attendant media coverage, parents groups up in arms, lawsuits & so on.

Hardrock69
01-05-2007, 03:05 PM
That sucks fucking ass.
I feel sorry for his parents.

ODShowtime
01-05-2007, 07:31 PM
Natural selection at its finest! More proof for all you doubters.

Guitar Shark
01-05-2007, 07:35 PM
One question is why his parents allowed a 10 year old to watch video of Saddam's execution...

EAT MY ASSHOLE
01-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
One question is why his parents allowed a 10 year old to watch video of Saddam's execution...

They're from Houston? My guess is that they were too busy stuffing their faces on Super-Size meals at MickeyD's to notice.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
01-05-2007, 07:38 PM
I wonder if he shouted insults along the lines of "You Palestinian dog!" and "You Sunni heathen!!" at himself as he set up the noose...

VanHalener
01-05-2007, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
I ask myself the same question.

Originally posted by ODShowtime

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
I wonder if he shouted insults along the lines of "You Palestinian dog!" and "You Sunni heathen!!" at himself as he set up the noose...

:lol:

frets5150
01-05-2007, 10:10 PM
Oh please they play video games 3 times more graphic than that.

:rolleyes:

ppg960
01-06-2007, 12:47 AM

What a fucking stupid thing to say. What kind of a shit-Head are you??

I feel really bad for his parents. This is something they will have to live with for ever.:(

Dan
01-06-2007, 01:28 AM
What a waste of Life.:(

LoungeMachine
01-06-2007, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by ppg960
I feel really bad for his parents. This is something they will have to live with for ever.:(

Something I'm sure your parents can relate to...

bueno bob
01-06-2007, 06:29 AM

funniest fucking thing ive read here all day!

seriously roflmao now!

well played

:lol:

ODShowtime
01-06-2007, 10:33 AM
What a fucking stupid thing to say. What kind of a shit-Head are you??

The kind of shithead who thinks that if you're stupid enough to kill yourself like that, then I say "Peace Out!"

I'm serious too. Fuck it. There are WAY too many stupid people around here and I have no patience for them.

You can see what stupidity had done to this country lately.

ppg960
01-06-2007, 12:33 PM
The child was 10!!
Not old enough to realize the consequences.
Lighten up a little. Look how many kids get hurt immitating the WWE every year.
That crap should have been of TV long ago.

Diamondjimi
01-06-2007, 03:42 PM
Reuters Update: Apparently Van Halens 5150 cd was locked on repeat for 9 hours straight .......The Saddam video was only the catalist..

What a waste . I feel sad for the kids family.:(

Dan
01-06-2007, 06:27 PM
The child was 10!!
Not old enough to realize the consequences.
Lighten up a little. Look how many kids get hurt immitating the WWE every year.
That crap should have been of TV long ago.

WTF?

ULTRAMAN VH
01-06-2007, 09:47 PM
The kind of shithead who thinks that if you're stupid enough to kill yourself like that, then I say "Peace Out!"

I'm serious too. Fuck it. There are WAY too many stupid people around here and I have no patience for them.

You can see what stupidity had done to this country lately.

Your sounding like a Conservative, Atomic Jerkoff. Where is your Liberal compassion.

VanHalener
01-06-2007, 11:20 PM
Link to photo

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/nb/bay/news/4451060.html

"Sergio was described as a curious and good-natured boy. A fifth-grader at Armand Bayou Elementary School, he had shared his New Year's resolution with his mother of wanting to get better grades at school, Webster police Capt. Tom Claunch said.
Although Webster police think Sergio's death was accidental, the case remains open until an autopsy report is issued listing the cause of death.

Police were inundated with calls from the national media wanting to know about the incident, Claunch said.

Police reported earlier this week that Sergio had been depressed because his father had not sent him a Christmas present. Gustavo, however, said his brother sent $150 for Sergio to get what he wanted. Regardless, authorities do not think it led the child to take his life.

Donations to the Sergio Pelico Fund can be made at any Bank of America location, account number 586001441810

ppg960
01-06-2007, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
Reuters Update: Apparently Van Halens 5150 cd was locked on repeat for 9 hours straight .......The Saddam video was only the catalist..

What a waste . I feel sad for the kids family.:(

So do I, especially right after Christmas. How Tradgic.
I think I can speak for all at "The Army" and say our thoughts and prayers are with them. :(

Hardrock69
01-07-2007, 03:39 AM

LAFF MY FUCKING ASS OFF!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Still feel sorry for his parents.

Kid coulda become someone who really achieved something with his life.

VanHalener
01-15-2007, 07:56 PM
By DAN CHILDS
ABC News Medical Unit

Jan. 5, 2007— Sergio Pelico, a 10-year-old boy from Webster, Texas, hanged himself from a bunk bed last Sunday.

On that same day, a 9-year-old Pakistani boy, Mubashar Ali, hanged himself, with help from his 10-year-old sister.

And three days later, in the suburbs of Kolkata, India, 15-year-old Moon Moon Karmarkar hanged herself from a ceiling fan.

Other than their tragic nature, the suicides of these children shared another link — each of the young victims had viewed the execution video of former Iraqi president Saddam Hussein on television."

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=2773792&page=1

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/08012007/323/children-die-worldwide-seeing-saddam-hang.html

LoungeMachine
01-15-2007, 08:10 PM
It's like the movie The Ring

Seshmeister
01-15-2007, 08:22 PM
"Donations to the Sergio Pelico Fund can be made at any Bank of America location, account number 586001441810"

WTF?

twonabomber
01-16-2007, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by vanhalener
"Sergio was described as a curious and good-natured boy."

curiosity killed that cat.

as a kid, i was described as curious, too, but i knew better to tie something around my neck and jump.

twonabomber
01-16-2007, 12:41 PM

yes. they forever have to live with the fact that they raised a stupid kid.