PDA

View Full Version : BushCO's New Tact = Enlist The Dead

LoungeMachine
01-06-2007, 06:42 PM
US Army urges dead to re-enlist

The US Army is to apologise to the families of officers killed or wounded in action who were sent letters urging them to return to active duty.

The letters were sent to more than 5,100 Army officers listed as recently having left the military.

But this figure included about 75 officers killed in action and about 200 wounded in action.

More than 3,000 members of the US military have died in Iraq since the war began.

Casualties have also been suffered in Afghanistan since the US invasion.

"Army personnel officials are contacting those officers' families now to personally apologise for erroneously sending the letters," the army said in a statement.

It said the database normally used for such correspondence with former officers had been "thoroughly reviewed" to remove the names of dead and wounded soldiers.

"But an earlier list was used inadvertently for the December mailings," it added.

About the BBC Contact us

FORD
01-06-2007, 08:10 PM
Damn dead deserters! Why do you hate America?? :mad:

ppg960
01-06-2007, 11:47 PM
Yes, I'm sure those soldiers are going to rush right down to the recruiting office.
Is Chimpy really that Fucked to think these poeple want to go back? Especially after they strung up saddam.

FORD
01-07-2007, 12:55 AM
Geez Waldo, nothing gets past you does it...... ;)

Hardrock69
01-07-2007, 04:53 AM
Why is it that I have this sudden vision of Army Of Darkness.....

http://i18.tinypic.com/2dsjyv6.jpg

Nitro Express
01-07-2007, 05:07 AM
Once the gloriouse "We Support Our Troops" bullshit has evaporated, we really see the true attitude. Senator Kerry comments that the stupid go to Iraq. Soldiers killed serving their country are shipped home with the baggage and cargo. It's not like the govt. can't afford to send them home in an honorable way on a special Air Force Flight or hell even with dignity on a naval vessel. Now it's a record keeping problem and the poor families get a double whammy.

I'm sorry but Americans will stand up and fight if they feel the need but we don't trust anyone anymore, especially our own govt.

It's a sad state of affairs. The military finally got rid of it's Vietnam stigma. I can remember in the 70's the tottal loser image the armed forces had. In the 90's that was gone. After this bullshit I see the dark cloud moving in again.

FORD
01-07-2007, 06:20 AM
To be fair to Kerry (and I'm usually not) his comments were taken totally out of context. He was referring to CHIMPY being dumb and getting stuck in Iraq. It was a joke he had told before and somehow managed to mangle it horribly in that speech. Naturally, the mediawhores cut out everything he said before that, which of course blurred the context of what he said.

But back on topic.....

The fact that Chimpy is sending a letter to ANYONE asking for a re-enlistment in this war (and with obvious intentions to attack Iran) is fucking beyond sickening. The fact that his incompetent shitheads are working so hard to cover up the true casualty count that they can't even remove the dead and wounded from a fucking mail merge is just bloody icing on their cake of shit. :mad:

Warham
01-07-2007, 09:46 AM
Kerry's comments are never taken out of context. He means what he says every time, exactly how he says it.

sadaist
01-07-2007, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by FORD
To be fair to Kerry (and I'm usually not)

LOL! That has got to be the quote of the year. Unless you are talking about Kerry King from Slayer, you're lying.

LoungeMachine
01-07-2007, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by sadaist
LOL! That has got to be the quote of the year. Unless you are talking about Kerry King from Slayer, you're lying.

Bullshit.

FORD is all over Judas Kerryots ass all the time.

Pay attention :rolleyes:

LoungeMachine
01-07-2007, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Warham
Kerry's comments are never taken out of context. He means what he says every time, exactly how he says it.

Same could be said for you and the Chimp, I guess then....

Nickdfresh
01-07-2007, 01:24 PM
What a grotesque error, this shit is right out of "Catch 22."

Blackflag
01-07-2007, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Senator Kerry comments that the stupid go to Iraq.

One of the few accurate things he ever said.

Are we going to pretend that the poor and the stupid aren't the ones that get sent off to war?

Ok, I'll play along.

FORD
01-07-2007, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Blackflag
One of the few accurate things he ever said.

Are we going to pretend that the poor and the stupid aren't the ones that get sent off to war?

Ok, I'll play along.

Probably more the poor than the stupid. If the stupid always went, then no amount of money would have kept Chimpy out of 'Nam. And Jenna & Tonic would be in Fallujah right now.

Though admittedly, anyone who signed up after it became obvious that Chimpy LIED about Iraq probably should be submitted to a mental competency test. As should ANYONE who still believes the bastard.

Blackflag
01-07-2007, 06:34 PM

Though admittedly, anyone who signed up after it became obvious that Chimpy LIED about Iraq probably should be submitted to a mental competency test. As should ANYONE who still believes the bastard.

Yet, they're still enlisting, even today. It just goes to show that those in the military are fucking stupid.

You want to honor heroes, but not when they're as dumb as rocks.

LoungeMachine
01-07-2007, 07:09 PM
For the most part they're not stupid.

Most of them have few if any other choices.

And enlisting may be their only shot at college or a viable trade.

Poverty and education. Two issues not spoken about enough in DC, and certainly not during times of war.

A return of the middle class, and an overhaul of our education system would mean a HUGE drop in enlistment.

Hence, the War Machine in this country COUNTS on a certain percentage of the country remain uneducated and choice-limited.

So they'll enlist to fight their pet wars......

Blackflag
01-07-2007, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
For the most part they're not stupid.

What's your support for that statement? Your desire to feel warm and fuzzy?

LoungeMachine
01-07-2007, 08:43 PM
What's your support for that statement? Your desire to feel warm and fuzzy?

Personal experience with many who have enlisted and served.

Not everyone is as dumb as those trolling the malls around Yakima.

I'd like to see your aptitude scores for a mechanic position, let alone a pilot.

Your generalization that they're mostly stupid is probably an internal, personal issue.

But I'm just speculating.

sadaist
01-07-2007, 09:05 PM
There are stupid people in any line of work. The people I know that have joined the military for the most part are very bright. I knew a couple of stoners in high school that joined, but the experience turned them around and now they have good jobs and are doing well.

Blackflag
01-07-2007, 09:05 PM
Personal experience with many who have enlisted and served.

Not everyone is as dumb as those trolling the malls around Yakima.

I'd like to see your aptitude scores for a mechanic position, let alone a pilot.

Your generalization that they're mostly stupid is probably an internal, personal issue.

But I'm just speculating.

No, you're right. The people enlisting today are clearly very bright. I'm sure they have plenty of options.

I mean, I doubt that they're "I was in Winger" smart, but hey - they know how to shoot a gun.

(i.e. I was looking for objective proof - your estimation of intelligence is like asking a Winger fan for their favorite VH song.)

btw -- Virgina called, and they want their motto back. They said that incessant whining on an internet message board with other inept potheads doesn't qualify as "destroying tyrants," and that Mr. Mason is spitting in your face in effigy.

Don't shoot the messenger.

LoungeMachine
01-07-2007, 09:12 PM
No, you're right. The people enlisting today are clearly very bright.

Ah, it's one or the other, huh?

They're either all stupid, or mensa members.

Nice try. :rolleyes:

Read my initial post again. or don't.

You should enlist.

Blackflag
01-07-2007, 09:16 PM
You should enlist.

Why? So I can risk my life, for virtually no money, lose my rights, play with guns for a living, in order to make somebody rich that I don't know?

That's my "objective" definition of stupid. If you can counter that with something objective, than we can say you actually answered my post. Until then...shhh....

Sic semper that, you amusing putz.

blueturk
01-07-2007, 09:37 PM

That's it. I can't fucking stand it. I can't fucking believe you said that. How truly ridiculous. Does the fucking pampered, paranoid, money-hungry, AWOL in Vietnam idiot chickenhawk that you support mean what he says every time, exactly how he says it?

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- George W. Bush, March 13, 2002

"I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace." —George W. Bush, June 18, 2002

"We've got hundreds of sites to exploit, looking for the chemical and biological weapons that we know Saddam Hussein had prior to our entrance into Iraq." —George W. Bush, Santa Clara, Calif., May 2, 2003

"My answer is bring them on."—On Iraqi insurgents attacking U.S. forces, George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., July 3, 2003

"It's in our country's interests to find those who would do harm to us and get them out of harm's way." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April 28, 2005

"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." --George W. Bush, interview with CBS News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006

"I'm the decider, and I decide what is best. And what's best is for Don Rumsfeld to remain as the Secretary of Defense." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C. April 18, 2006

"I strongly believe what we're doing is the right thing. If I didn't believe it -- I'm going to repeat what I said before -- I'd pull the troops out, nor if I believed we could win, I would pull the troops out." --George W. Bush, Charlotte, N.C., April 6, 2006

"It's in our country's interests to find those who would do harm to us and get them out of harm's way." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April 28, 2005

Hardrock69
01-08-2007, 12:01 AM
Look at it this way...do you think an 18-year-old has a grasp of the big picture? I was really stupid when I was 18, and if I had the knowledge I have now, I would not have enlisted.

But then, I got lucky cause I signed up voluntarily in peacetime.

The military may not go for those who are stupid, but they definitely want people still immature enough to become a mindless robot. Certainly now when recruiting is a priority due to tens of thousands of casualties.

Nitro Express
01-08-2007, 07:54 AM
Give me a break. I watched Kerry tell a bunch of school kids they better study and get good grades or they will go to places like Iraq.

Gee, didn't the liberals complain the the poor and uneducated went to Vietnam because they couldn't afford the college defferment?

Kerry was thinking out loud and it shows he as well as many in Washington are out of touch with the average American.

He probably says that all the time around his rich, ivy league educated buddies but in middle America those comments are insulting.

Nitro Express
01-08-2007, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Look at it this way...do you think an 18-year-old has a grasp of the big picture? I was really stupid when I was 18, and if I had the knowledge I have now, I would not have enlisted.

But then, I got lucky cause I signed up voluntarily in peacetime.

The military may not go for those who are stupid, but they definitely want people still immature enough to become a mindless robot. Certainly now when recruiting is a priority due to tens of thousands of casualties.

I was a stupid 18 year old who major concerne was drinking, partying, and getting laid. In 1984, only the losers seemed to go into the military and the rest of us were off to college. I remember the recruiters calling on the phone all the time and I would tell them to go to hell.

The military had nothing I wanted and I didn't need the money. Later I saw the military take the biggest waste of skin and turn him into something. It was amazing. He pulls a pretty good paycheck working for the FBI now. In high school he was a stoner.

When I graduated from college I wanted to be a commercial airline piolet. I tried to get into the Air Guard but was too red/green color blind, but I would have gone into the Guard to be a piolet.

Some go into the military to learn a skill, some go into it for the money and bennefits, some go into it because they want to.

I think everyone knows they can be called up but I think everyone is in shock at how stupid and reckless the Bush Administration has been with the military. I wouldn't put it past those idiots to try and invade Iraq. They don't have enough people or equipment to handle Iraq, Afganistahn, and Iran. It's the biggest pooch screw in US history.

Nitro Express
01-08-2007, 08:06 AM
I meant invade Iran. But I wouldn't put it past those idiots to invade Iraq a second time just for the hell of it. LOL!

Warham
01-08-2007, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by blueturk
That's it. I can't fucking stand it. I can't fucking believe you said that. How truly ridiculous. Does the fucking pampered, paranoid, money-hungry, AWOL in Vietnam idiot chickenhawk that you support mean what he says every time, exactly how he says it?

You're not going to have anything to do around here after Bush leaves office.

95% of your posts are Bush quotes.

blueturk
01-08-2007, 06:24 PM
You're not going to have anything to do around here after Bush leaves office.

95% of your posts are Bush quotes.

Maybe I'll just dwell on the former president for years after he leaves office...like you do with Clinton.

Nickdfresh
01-08-2007, 06:32 PM
Why? So I can risk my life, for virtually no money, lose my rights, play with guns for a living, in order to make somebody rich that I don't know?

Pussy...

:)

Blackflag
01-08-2007, 06:44 PM

I think you make a fair point, but it's a pretty fine line to draw between somebody who has no grasp of the big picture and who is "immature enough to become a mindless robot"...and somebody who is just plain dumb.

I don't think the military is capable of drawing that line when they recruit. So they simply gather people who are a notch above mentally retarded.

No offense to any military people here.

Blackflag
01-08-2007, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Pussy...

Ha ha, that's me.
:fucku:

Lqskdiver
01-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Geez, so many ignorant statements coming out of assholes it ain't funny.

To call someone stupid for enlisting to fight for their country is a cowardly way to support the military. REGARDLESS of the currentl position of the administation.

To serve someones country is to be part of an honor that goes back hundreds of years and help build this country into what it is.

You forget the webhead who started this whole DLR forum is in the military

Fucking dickheads...

Lqskdiver
01-08-2007, 06:53 PM
US Army urges dead to re-enlist

The US Army is to apologise to the families of officers killed or wounded in action who were sent letters urging them to return to active duty.

The letters were sent to more than 5,100 Army officers listed as recently having left the military.

But this figure included about 75 officers killed in action and about 200 wounded in action.

More than 3,000 members of the US military have died in Iraq since the war began.

Casualties have also been suffered in Afghanistan since the US invasion.

"Army personnel officials are contacting those officers' families now to personally apologise for erroneously sending the letters," the army said in a statement.

It said the database normally used for such correspondence with former officers had been "thoroughly reviewed" to remove the names of dead and wounded soldiers.

"But an earlier list was used inadvertently for the December mailings," it added.

About the BBC Contact us

And in response to the OP, why should everyone be so shocked at this. Liberals have been doing this for ages when it comes to getting registered voters.

:D

Blackflag
01-10-2007, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Lqskdiver
To serve someones country is to be part of an honor that goes back hundreds of years and help build this country into what it is.

What can I say, other than you are completely wrong?

Stupid people have been recruited to support the whims of their President/King/Emperor/Sheik/Fuckhead for THOUSANDS of years.

Stupidity is a far longer tradition than you even know.

(In case that went over your head, I'm saying that a "long standing tradition" of being stupid is not a valid excuse for stupidity, fucking dickhead.)

Hardrock69
01-10-2007, 02:50 AM
Hey, have a Mr. Pibb.

http://www.marion.ohio-state.edu/fac/schul/drp/pibb2.jpg

Warham
01-10-2007, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by blueturk
Maybe I'll just dwell on the former president for years after he leaves office...like you do with Clinton.

You'll never have as much fun as I'm having.

Lqskdiver
01-10-2007, 09:21 AM

Stupid people have been recruited to support the whims of their President/King/Emperor/Sheik/Fuckhead for THOUSANDS of years.

So said the Free Individual who takes part in a democratic society.(Yakima...sounds like a province in Australia) If the majority of people thought that way 300 years ago, you'd be a limey git eating battered fish and chips with your afternoon tea.

If the majority of people thought that way 90 years ago, you'd be doing the goose step and most likely been named Jen.

If the majority of people thought that way 60 years ago, you'd be working at a top programming company writing script for a new Final Fantasy...wait, maybe that's not so bad.

Seshmeister
01-10-2007, 11:50 AM

If the majority of people thought that way 90 years ago, you'd be doing the goose step and most likely been named Jen.

It never stopped you.:)

FORD
01-10-2007, 12:35 PM
(Yakima...sounds like a province in Australia)

More like a province in Hell, where Mexican gangs will cut your arm off with a chain saw to take your Rolex.

And no, I didn't make that shit up.

Not that our resident Mr. Pibb drinker is actually anywhere near Yakima, of course.........

Blackflag
01-10-2007, 01:10 PM
Hey, have a Mr. Pibb.

http://www.marion.ohio-state.edu/fac/schul/drp/pibb2.jpg

Hey, thanks man...I love that shit.

Blackflag
01-10-2007, 01:17 PM
So said the Free Individual who takes part in a democratic society.(Yakima...sounds like a province in Australia) If the majority of people thought that way 300 years ago, you'd be a limey git eating battered fish and chips with your afternoon tea.

If the majority of people thought that way 60 years ago, you'd be working at a top programming company writing script for a new Final Fantasy...wait, maybe that's not so bad.

1. There is a huge difference between defending your property/freedom in a revolution and sailing halfway around the world to shoot somebody. No comparison.

2. If the Germans could not defeat America on German soil, they had no prayer of doing so on US soil. As distasteful as it sounds, those brave souls were defending England and France - not the US.

3. I have no idea what that means, but I disagree with that, too.

Blackflag
01-10-2007, 01:19 PM
More like a province in Hell, where Mexican gangs will cut your arm off with a chain saw to take your Rolex.

Don't be so dramatic. I run a Mr. Pibb cart in Yakima, and I still have both arms.

Who the hell in Yakima has a Rolex anyways?

Nickdfresh
01-10-2007, 09:51 PM
If American servicemen were really fucking stupid, they'd be making stereotypical, broad generalizations about which they've no knowledge or experience. Leave that up to the politicians that the apathetic, pussy civilians allow to be elected as they blame the victims...

Nickdfresh
01-10-2007, 09:56 PM
...To serve someones country is to be part of an honor that goes back hundreds of years and help build this country into what it is.

Well, I've noticed that you're "smart" enough not to have served in this grande tradition...

BTW, "support our troops" by sending them back to Iraq for their fifth fucking tour, the bitches...

:rolleyes:

Lqskdiver
01-10-2007, 10:08 PM
I guess you weren't "stupid" enough to join too, huh tuff guy.

Nickdfresh
01-11-2007, 05:39 AM
Actually, I was dumb enough...

But I guess I learned, because I decided not to (re)enlist right after 9/11 --because I had a sneaking suspicion that the Bush was going to betray the patriotic fervor and launch a War on Iraq.

And the creeping over dependence on the the Nat'l Guard/Reserves, that became apparent by the early 90s, was the reason I left that too...

Warham
01-11-2007, 07:36 AM
But I guess I learned, because I decided not to (re)enlist right after 9/11 --because I had a sneaking suspicion that the Bush was going to betray the patriotic fervor and launch a War on Iraq.

Why aren't you working as a bookie? You'd be a millionaire by now.

FORD
01-11-2007, 08:06 AM

Would you have bet against him?

Nickdfresh
01-12-2007, 04:52 AM

Oh, I only had to read the papers to figure this all out. And I would have been in the Reserve if I hadn't seen the deployments and use of part-timers as virtual regular active duty soldiers...

BTW, where's your patriotic fervor Warpig? Happy to have some poor sucker serve 18-Iraq tours in your place?

Warham
01-12-2007, 08:55 PM
Oh, I only had to read the papers to figure this all out. And I would have been in the Reserve if I hadn't seen the deployments and use of part-timers as virtual regular active duty soldiers...

You're not very good at writing fiction, are you?

Did you tell all of your fellow servicemen to get the fuck out of dodge when their enlistments ran out?

When did you enlist anyway? 1994? 1996? 1998?

Nickdfresh
01-12-2007, 09:26 PM
You're not very good at writing fiction, are you?

Yup! That's why I stick to the facts...

Did you tell all of your fellow servicemen to get the fuck out of dodge when their enlistments ran out?

I voiced my opinions in conversation, and I never told other soldiers what to do.

When did you enlist anyway? 1994? 1996? 1998?

What do you care? When are you going too?