PDA

View Full Version : US Strikes al Qaida Targets in Somalia

Nickdfresh
01-08-2007, 08:04 PM
U.S. targets al Qaeda suspects in Somalia, Pentagon official says
POSTED: 7:38 p.m. EST, January 8, 2007
From Jamie McIntyre
CNN

WASHINGTON (CNN) (http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/africa/01/08/somalia.strike/index.html) -- A U.S. aerial gunship has attacked suspected al Qaeda targets in southern Somalia, a senior Pentagon official said Monday.

The AC-130 flew its mission within the last 24 hours, the official told CNN. The operation was launched based on intelligence that al Qaeda operatives were in that location, but there was no immediate indication of how successful the strike had been.

Additionally, the official said, the aircraft carrier USS Dwight D. Eisenhower has moved within striking distance of Somalia, but its jets have not been put to use.

Little Texan
01-09-2007, 01:37 AM
That's just what we need...to get bogged down in Somalia again. :rolleyes: On top of being bogged down in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Hardrock69
01-09-2007, 01:37 AM
Oh shit....a friend of mine was over there the first time.

Last thing we need is to get involved in other theaters of operations.

Recall my lecture I gave? You know....that one?
No? :confused:

Oh, well what I mean is ;) , I had posted before on the procession of "enemies" we have had in the 20th-century. The last TRUE enemies we had, where we actually HAD to physically go to war to prevent the planet from being taken over, was World War II.

The Korean conflict was all about stopping the spread of communism in Korea. We successfully fought that to a stalemate.

Vietnam was already being planned by the end of WWII.

The Viet Cong were the bogeymen.

The Cold War was a political and economic war. Which we won in 1990, because we outspent them until they were broke...

By 1977, plans for Desert Storm were in full swing.

We no longer had fears of invasion.

We go to wars for geo-political reasons, not for such a low-class concept as "war".

NOW, with 'terrists' as our 'enemy', they have done away with "borders" or "sovereign nations".

themonkey thinks that because our war is against 'terrists', that he can go bomb the fuck out of any country he wants...and then he can just use the lame fucking excuse that we are fighting 'terrists'.

There are already enough people on this planet angry at the U.S., not because they personally have suffered, but because themonkey (at the orders of his superiors) is bullying so many people.

This continued course of action will result in a large coalition of people deciding they are not going to take it any more. It is already happening with the actual terrorist groups.

They start something, and then all they do is retaliate again and again for every little fucking thing that we do to them.

We draw a fucking cartoon, and they want to kill people and destroy things.

Poor fucking little babies.

My heart bleeds for their camel-herder mentality.

But themonkey is no better than they are.

He is a 'terrist' of the highest caliber.

The rooling monkey
:rolleyes:

http://www.wolfblog.net/images/BushAndFriend.jpg

FORD
01-09-2007, 03:16 AM
There's no "Al Qaeda" in Somalia. But I'll bet there's oil.

Nitro Express
01-09-2007, 03:46 AM
Ethiopia attacked Somolia a few weeks ago and they apparently were helping us on this opperation.

Our military opperations in Somolia were about trying to make sure food and supplies got to the people who needed it and not the warlords who were siezing it and selling it.

Somolia is a sad example of using the military on humanitarian missions is still a bad idea. We can't police the world and when we try we get sucked into other things.

It's time to accept the US is done meddling in the world's affairs. They reall don't want us meddling and we can't afford it. It's time to focus on the homefront, border, and port security. It's time to do have we have to do to become competative in the world again and not chase a wild goose all over the world with a John Wayne attitude.

Golden AWe
01-09-2007, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by FORD
There's no "Al Qaeda" in Somalia. But I'll bet there's oil.

"Al qaeda" means "oil" in soma-paki-lian hebrean language ;)

Hardrock69
01-09-2007, 09:59 AM
Actually the fight recently has been because Muslims took over the capital of Somlia in an attempt to take over the country, but forces loyal to the Somalian government, with help from Ethiopian soldiers, retook the capital and are in the process of crushing the Muslims.

Remember kids, according to the monkey Muslim = terrist.

This means Muslims anywhere on Earth are in danger of being attacked by the pawns who follow the monkey's orders.

VanHalener
01-09-2007, 10:22 AM
I for one am happy to see high explosives detonate in this region if there is a clear objective with good intel.
My uniformed visit to Mogadishu in 1993 was one I will never forget.

http://www.ranger.org/rangerHistorySomalia.html

Rest in Peace my brothers.

"All The Way"

Nickdfresh
01-09-2007, 06:42 PM
I don't have a problem with this operation. This is exactly what we should be doing --as opposed to Operation Iraqi Clusterfuck...

http://www.phi-eu.net/images/ac130-1.jpg

Hardrock69
01-10-2007, 02:40 AM
Taking out the trash is a good thing.

FORD
01-11-2007, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by vanhalener
I for one am happy to see high explosives detonate in this region if there is a clear objective with good intel.
My uniformed visit to Mogadishu in 1993 was one I will never forget.

http://www.ranger.org/rangerHistorySomalia.html

Rest in Peace my brothers.

"All The Way"

Well, then the reality of what Chimpy did here is REALLY going to piss you off!

Turns out that the people who Chimpy labeled as "Al Qaeda" :rolleyes: were opposed to the current ruling factions of Somalia.

THOSE would be the ones who dragged your brothers through the muddy streets. That's who monkey boy ordered US troops to defend the other day.

So in other words, once again the BCE commits treason in order to promote their LIE of a fictional "terraist network" and high-fives bastards who murdered Americans in the process.

Nice going, Chimpy :gun:

VanHalener
01-12-2007, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Well, then the reality of what Chimpy did here is REALLY going to piss you off!

Turns out that the people who Chimpy labeled as "Al Qaeda" :rolleyes: were opposed to the current ruling factions of Somalia.

THOSE would be the ones who dragged your brothers through the muddy streets. That's who monkey boy ordered US troops to defend the other day.

So in other words, once again the BCE commits treason in order to promote their LIE of a fictional "terraist network" and high-fives bastards who murdered Americans in the process.

Nice going, Chimpy :gun:

I think I am going to run for president and straighten this whole mess out.

VanHalener
01-12-2007, 12:38 PM
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/S/SOMALIA?SITE=WUSA&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2007-01-12-08-58-33http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/S/SOMALIA?SITE=WUSA&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2007-01-12-08-58-33